All Comments on '$18.47'

by NYBoss

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
Baldy74Baldy746 months ago

It was OK, nice story but seemed very rushed. Everything happened very fast, they were in love in days. Can't help but feel that two people who have been living on the streets for several years would be much more reserved and cautious.

And did the man who owns a billion dollar company really get married to a woman he hardly knows without a prenup?

StrappySandalsStrappySandals6 months ago

A very nice romantic story… But sadly, the reality of being homeless for years will leave many more physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual scars than can heal in a matter of days… I’m reminded of the sad story of porn star Jenni Lee…

Mike9947Mike99476 months ago

I thought it was a hell of a lot better than OK! Firstly, I love the cultural tones - I grew up in Jersey and actually read your text with an accent! Oh Vey!

And I think that we should approach stories understanding that they can be true to life without being factual - the active suspension of disbelief - they do it on Broadway every night.

And the stereotypes had value - the master of the universe and all his money and minions - just make a call. The woman who is sleeping on a riverbank afraid of rape or the kidnap of a daughter.

Those stereotypes are real life for some people.

And I remembered Rosie Silverman who had hot chocolate for her paperboy on snowy days, and the young army wife at fort Benning who wanted to know where my wife got potato salad - duh!

So, schmuck that I am - I saw all the things your critic saw but I cried anyway,

des911des9116 months ago

Sweet, warm, human, hopeful - a lovely seasonal story. Thank you

Frankenstein1962Frankenstein19626 months ago

Nicely done. Great Christmas love story. Everyone deserves a fantasy life! Cheers. Frankie

Ravey19Ravey196 months ago

A good Christmas story full of hope and joy, liked the way it spanned religions. Language may have been a little stilted in places and there seemed a rush from meeting to marriage but it's a Christmas story. 5 from me

BlueFox007BlueFox0076 months ago

Merry Christmas. That was a wonderful, if fast paced love story. Believable? Maybe. Who cares. I loved it. Five hankies. And, five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Fantastic story. I enjoy all your work, please keep writing.

CheeseRavioliLoverCheeseRavioliLover6 months ago

This is a fine story, with interesting characters. My only quibble is that compared to the lives you were creating, the sex scenes were both superfluous and perfunctory. They had sex pretty much like all the other couples on this site, but your story had so much more going for it that I found myself skimming and skipping the sex to get back to the people.

Of course, everybody is SO good that they might be too perfect. But I like stories about good people doing good things.

I also wish that in the denouement you had taken Mary off the pill and given them a couple more children.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

It could have been a good story if it wasn't moving at warp speed and too far fetched to believe. Yes, it's a fantasy story, but there has to be some believability in order to enjoy it as a romance. Otherwise put it in Sci-Fi.

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood6 months ago

Wonderful story. Well written. Excellent job of keeping up with the chronology. Not easy to do.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

“So Mary, what first attracted you to billionaire Ben?”

So sweet it gave me cavities, but I’m a sucker for a bit of Hallmark mush. 5* from me 🥰

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story. Had me crying. This is one fantasy that came true. Great for holiday reading.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good pace and build up to some awesome sex. Everyone should have a little fantasy in their lives. Nice, easy read.

GreyMatter46GreyMatter466 months ago

Fantastic read. Thanks

01Timber6701Timber676 months ago

Other than a few minor issues with the her and his mix ups ,, great overall work and a 5⭐️ story

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

A delightful tale!

5

afosi2604afosi26046 months ago

A very feel good story that uplifts the spirit. We need more of that now than in the recent past. I need to read more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Rich dude buys family, escapes all dramatic tension while making an absolute mockery of courtship and romance.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A lovely story for the holidays. It being thanksgiving next week, I think the 14th century mystic Meister Eckard had the right idea: If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is ‘Thank you’, it will be enough.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I have nothing against rich people. I wish I were one. I do have something against stories where every problem can be easily handled because the MC just happens to have a few billion dollars to throw at the problems.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Fairytale plot but too abrupt. Just buy homeless people a ton of clothes when they expect to back on the streets tomorrow?

ExinfExinf6 months ago

A lovely heartwarming piece of escapism

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Tedious and pretentious

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The idea behind the story is good but the way you're telling it sucks. Ever hear of contractions? Try using them. Always write dialogue the way people actually speak. Your dialogue reads like Data from Star Trek TNG. Very boring. And you're also repetitive in what you write. 2*

DwarfLord50DwarfLord506 months ago

I really like the premise of the story, and the characters were interesting. I think the plot was just too compressed. It all happened too quickly, with way too much money being thrown around.

IC_Thru_UIC_Thru_U6 months ago

I liked the story even if it was a whirlwind romance. You did have a few issues with the story though. In his past he meets Dr. Cindy but than she moves, he had a wife and son that died in a car accident 3 years ago. You never explained if Cindy was the wife or someone different. there is really no detail about son and wife at all. If they weren't the same person not sure the mention of Cindy was needed. If they were the same person you should have gave more details about how they got back together, married and had a son. Also the story breaks ]]]]]] we're not always correctly used in my opinion. Otherwise good story.

jlg07jlg076 months ago

Really nice. Heartwarming story. It would be nice if people were more like this in real life.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The story was great and the author deserves a high rating.

Before the author's head swells, I need to say his style needs some work.

A bit choppy and I think he writes in too much sex so that the story stagnates in places. Almost erotic coupling.

Yet it is a good read.

angelbabezangelbabez6 months ago

This really pulled the heart strings. Not the areas i was hoping for when logging into litereotica, but the sensitive spots that needed some healing.

So thanks,

Thanks for reminding me that im not the only one with dreams of being "mary"

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Entertaining and highly erotic. Great story for this time of the year. Ok

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbum6 months ago

A nice holiday read. Why the NY children’s services hadn’t taken Callieinto custody is strange.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Almost interesting. The fact that it appears the author does not really know the homeless or the ultra rich comes through too often in the story.

The sex scenes were OK if a little predictable.

BRS

PurplefizzPurplefizz6 months ago

Very average compared to other stories of a similar nature, she had almost no fear of what could happen or street awareness and in reality wouldn’t have lasted a week on the street before ending up on a mortuary slab, with the daughter either being a mule or turning tricks on a corner doped up to her eyeballs. Sad but true. 3⭐️

TINK75TINK755 months ago

I personally loved every minute of this story. Definitely 5 stars in my book. I was always waiting for the shoe to drop, but am very happy with the story with a happy ending. Maybe it's not based in reality of what the situation would be, but if that was the case it wouldn't be the perfect Winter Story. Magic and dreams can come true. Loved it!!

LoveIsGoodLoveIsGood5 months ago

Fun story. Some complain about accuracy. Big deal. That's just research.

But an author's insight into the perfect twists.

The first card Mary received: stunning.

The card they returned to Ben: so simple.

The Birthday card? Perfect.

That's three for three on tears for this reader.

HaprilHapril5 months ago

Adorable. I love how vulnerable Ben allows himself to be. I also love all of the NY references. Fun!

GBanksGBanks4 months ago

Loved the story - could have make this a much longer tale and build up was was very good anyway.

Easily spread this out to a novella length.

6King6King4 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNYBoss@NYBoss
I enjoy writing for you. I take my time, trying to develop the story so you will enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them. I appreciate your feedback and suggestions for future stories. I will try to write more stories and post with greater frequency, but n...