1938 Steps on a Train

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Aw!" she gasped.

The farmer pulled her back and forth, back and forth forcefully. Milicent flopped up and down each time, as if she were a demented marionette.

"God!" cried Milicent on every thrust.

"God!"

"God!"

"Oh God!"

"Oh God!"

"God!"

"Oh!"

"Oh!"

Wendover shouted, "Stop! Stop! You're hurting her!"

"No, don't stop!" cried Milicent, a wild look in her eyes.

The farmer growled, "I'll stop when I'm fucking well ready!

"Now I'm fucking ready alright!

"Arhhh! Fuck, fuck, fuck."

He pulled hard on her girdle as Milicent flopped forward once again.

There was a deafening roar as one barrel of the shotgun discharged ripping a great hole in the shed wall about a foot to James' left. In his ecstasy the man had squeezed a trigger.

The man let go of his grip and the girl tumbled forward, hampered by her drawers. James did well to catch her before she fell to the ground.

"You bloody fool. You could have killed someone," he bellowed.

"I still can. There's one shot left so watch your tongue," said the farmer.

James held her tightly as Milicent panted in his ear sucking lungfuls of fresh air. He knew that he had to bide his time. If the man tried to break the gun and replace the discharged cartridge he would spring. But not yet.

"Are you alright? Did he hurt you?" James asked.

"No, I can't say that he did, really," Milicent replied, still breathless.

The farmer interrupted them, "Never mind the pillow talk. Get yourself decent, woman. You are both going on a little journey. Put your coat on too, Mister."

As she pulled up her knickers and straightened her skirt, the man threw a piece of binding twine to Milicent.

"Tie Lover Boy's hands behind his back. And make a good job of it."

Before she did what he said Milicent asked, "Do you intend to murder us?"

"I'd rather not but if I have to I will. What I'm planning to do is to take you far enough away that you won't find this place again.

"That is unless you'd rather that I left you tied up in here to be used as my plaything.

"In that case, I'll just take him for a trip," chuckled the farmer.

Milicent didn't feel that she needed to respond to his offer so she bound James' hands.

"Very good, Girl Guide, were you?"

"Something like that."

She was pulled well away from James before her hands were secured behind her. The farmer was obviously still concerned that he may try to be a hero.

The man kicked open the door before gesturing with the gun that they should go outside.

There they found an old beat up flat-bed truck.

Watching James carefully, the farmer pushed Milicent onto it. She lay on her side on a grubby tarpaulin.

"Now you," he ordered James. He managed to get aboard unaided.

"That's it, snuggle up," he said, waving the shotgun again.

James moved close behind Milicent. They felt the tarpaulin wrapped over them and secured tightly. Fortunately, there was a gap at the head end which allowed a little air in. They heard the tailgate snap in place.

The engine roared into life, the gears were engaged and the truck moved off.

Almost immediately, the temperature in the enclosed space started to rise. It wasn't a particularly warm day but their combined body heat made things pretty uncomfortable.

For what felt like an eternity they were driven around country lanes. Turning this way and that. Sometimes fast, sometimes more slowly. Occasionally they could hear other traffic but mostly it was just the roaring of the engine and the changing of the gears.

At first they tried to speak but the noise made it all but impossible. Eventually, they were just left with their own thoughts. It was so hot and sweaty wrapped tightly together that Milicent couldn't help thinking that this must be how a Jam Roly-Poly Pudding must feel when it is wrapped in a tea towel and steamed. James thought about whether this mishap was going to help or hinder his mission, provided they lived through it. What he tried not to think about was the proximity of Miss Minstead's backside to his genitals.

At long last they passed through what sounded like urban streets of some kind. Occasional shouts could be heard as well as fleeting parts of conversations. James shouted, "Help!" but his voice was just lost in the other noise.

The truck accelerated and the noise faded. But then, it slowed and came to a halt, the engine still running. They heard the tailgate being lowered and felt the twang of the restraints on the tarpaulin being slit. Much needed cool air flooded over them.

First Milicent's and then James' wrist bindings were cut.

"Now take it slowly and get off. I've reloaded and I have you covered.

"Any funny business and I can still shoot you," the farmer said to James.

He laughed and added, "I've already given your girlfriend both barrels, but that was quite a different thing."

James lowered himself to the ground and then helped Milicent alight.

Their captor kept the shotgun trained on them as he backed around, got into the cab and drove off.

Still dazed, the couple stood in the road and watched as the truck sped off down a country lane. James had hoped to get the registration number but the plate was caked in what he presumed was mud.

Milicent said, "The bastard, where do you think he's left us?"

"Look behind you," suggested James.

As she turned it became obvious that they were on the edge of a small town.

"Oh," she said, "I wonder if they have a police station."

James said nothing for quite awhile.

"It's entirely your decision but that could make things rather complicated. There would be a lot of awkward questions.

"Think about it overnight and, if you still want retribution, I can use my contacts to take any sort of revenge you require," he finally said.

Milicent thought for a moment. "Yes, you are probably right. I'm not entirely sure about the revenge though. If I'm honest I rather enjoyed the whole adventure. I've never had that much fun before.

"What do you propose we do now?" she added.

"Well there's bound to be an inn or something. I for one would love to get cleaned up and fed. Fortunately, my wallet is still in my pocket," said James.

He went on, "We could each buy what we need in the way of overnight accoutrement, book into a room, clean up and have dinner."

"Yes, I would kill for a clean pair of drawers.

"Could we sign in as Mr and Mrs Smith?"

James smiled, "Rather clichéd, don't you think? Besides, that could prove a little awkward as you are not wearing a wedding ring.

"We may have to take a room each."

"You may be right," conceded Milicent.

The couple walked towards the town rather glad to be back in some sort of civilization.

Without warning James dragged Milicent behind a Telephone Kiosk, pushed her in a corner and kissed her passionately.

"That was unexpected. Can't wait, ah?" she said.

"Shut up! I've just seen those bloody Krauts coming out of the Post Office," he hissed.

She shut up.

Not daring to look, they stayed perfectly still, their bodies pressed together.

"That's them," James informed her as the Green Austin Van passed only feet from where they were hiding. They remained hidden for a few minutes more.

Eventually, James took two five pound notes from his wallet, "We should split up. Take these, buy a small suitcase and whatever else you need. Meet me back here in an hour. Let's hope that 'Early Closing Day' isn't Thursday in these parts.

"If those blighters have any informers in the town, they will be on the lookout for a couple so act like you are alone."

Milicent took the money. "If I get captured, They won't get a word out of me."

"Don't be so ruddy stupid. You will tell them whatever you have to. Tell them that you don't know anything about me and that I made you go with me. Tell them what the farmer did too.

"The older chap sounded a bit more sympathetic. He may take pity on you," said James.

She went off towards the town square in the hope of somewhere to buy lingerie as well as toiletries. He walked more slowly. When Milicent went out of sight James doubled back and entered the telephone kiosk.

......................................................................

The pretence that she was making a 'phone call would fool absolutely nobody, thought James as he tapped on the glass of the kiosk about seventy minutes later.

"God, you frightened me," said Milicent.

"Sorry, have you been waiting long?" he asked, opening the door but not waiting for a reply.

"Walk a few feet in front of me towards the 'Bull Inn' in the Square. Look straight ahead.

Milicent walked.

"A train leaves for Dorchester West at nine this evening.

"The proprietor of the Bull is a Freemason so I trust him. He will let us have a double room, no questions asked. He thinks that you are my 'bit on the side'," James informed her.

"Oh, I thought that the Masons are all Fascists.............."

"Don't believe everything you hear," said James, "besides I asked him the right questions before I mentioned that you are my secretary and that I'm trying to get into your knickers."

"You may want to wait until I've had a decent wash before you do," laughed Milicent.

"Precisely, and some food wouldn't go amiss either," James said.

He went on, "I've already booked us in and paid for the night. Go straight up the stairs, turn right, the door to room seven is unlocked. I will give you forty-five minutes before I come up.

"I can freshen up then. The Landlord says that we can have a quiet candle lit dinner in a back room. He believes that we are staying all night but we can sneak out and catch the train."

"Oh," said Milicent, unaware that James had stopped walking and that she was entering the square alone.

.......................................

The Steak and Kidney Pie was excellent as was the Rhubarb Crumble and Custard. Milicent had declined the Jam Roly-Poly on principle.

Afterwards, they sat on a settee, each with a rather large drink.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't completely honest with you when you told me what you do," confided Milicent.

"In what way?"

"When you asked me if I was a Nazi sympathiser."

James acted surprised, "Do you mean that I will have to interrogate you, Miss Minstead?"

"Please don't tease. I feel awful enough.

"It was the truth that I can't stand Hitler and that I have no time for his appeasers.

"When I told you that I was returning from seeing a distant relation, I didn't tell you that that relation was Ian Hope Norris, my uncle."

"What, the prominent member of the British Union of Fascist?" asked James, as if he didn't know.

"Yes, he was married to my mother's sister. Obnoxious chap, I never really liked him. When my Aunt died he married some woman with connections to the Mitford sisters."

James asked, rather tentatively, "So how come you went to visit him?"

"He asked me. He's looking for a Secretary who can speak German."

"You speak German?" asked James.

"Ah, I didn't mention that, did I?

"Ever since I was little my parents have spent the Summer in the Austrian Tyrol, they loved it there.

"I just picked up the language sort of naturally. Then I studied it when I was at University.

"Given the current situation, I don't usually mention it."

"Are you going to work for him?"

"No, definitely not. I couldn't do that."

"Have you told him so?"

"Not yet, I told him that I would think it over. I thought a quick response would cause offence."

James thought for a while.

"How would you like to strike a blow for Democracy and the British Way of Life?" he asked.

Milicent's brow furrowed, "What do you mean?"

"I don't think that it would put you in danger if you took the job.

"You could keep an eye on his correspondence and let me know about who visits him," said James.

"What sort of spying. How exciting!"

"Yes, but very carefully, like I said, I don't want you to put yourself in any danger."

"I've already told Uncle Ian that I have no interest in politics. It shouldn't be too difficult to convince him that I don't care what he gets up to. He won't suspect me."

"Well, if you're sure, I'll talk to my superiors and set it all up," concluded James.

They were both quiet for a few minutes. She was thinking about her new adventure. He was thinking about something else.

James pretended to have a light bulb moment, "So, if you are fluent in German you must have understood every word that was said when we were first captured."

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell the Germans who your uncle is? They probably would have let you go."

"Well, I thought that they might take you off and murder you and then I'd never see you again.

"Besides, if they knew that I could speak German too they could have thought that I was your accomplice and murdered me; which would have been even worse," laughed Milicent.

"So you know what Hans said?" enquired James, sheepishly.

"Ah, I hoped that you wouldn't remember about that."

"But I do. That explains why you were suddenly stopped in your tracks while you were releasing my cuff. I suspect that you were thinking about what he said," he smiled.

"Now that really isn't my fault. I have a bona fide medical condition that causes that," she explained.

"Medical condition?"

"When I was at St Hilda's, my roommate was dating a chap who was studying Psychology. He said that one of those Psychoanalysis fellows, I am not sure if it was Frued or Jung, had published this paper. In it he categorically stated that some women get sexually aroused when they hear people talking dirty.

"That's me I'm afraid, I'm one of them. So it's a medical condition," she said.

"I suppose that it's incurable," suggested James.

She replied, "I sincerely hope so.

"Enough of this frivolity, I need to concentrate on my new role as a 'Mata Hari'.

"Luckily, I was born with tremendous will power."

"Were you now, you could have fooled me," teased James.

"I bet mine is better than yours," Milicent, pretending to be slightly offended.

"I very much doubt that, young lady."

She thought for a moment, and then said, "Would you care to make a little wager whose is stronger?"

"Certainly, but how do you propose to test it?"

Milicent said, "What I propose is that we go upstairs to Room Seven, take off all of our clothes and lie naked on the bed in the dark holding hands.

"You will speak to me in German."

"Speak to you in German and say what?" spluttered James.

"You will tell me in minute detail exactly what Hans meant when he said that he and his colleagues would handcuff me to the bed and take turns with me.

"After that, I will tell you in great detail exactly what it felt like to receive both barrels from a farmer with an enormous weapon.

"Whichever one of us gives in to temptation first has the weaker will power.

"And to be perfectly frank, I don't care who wins," Milicent ended with a laugh.

"I suppose that we could always catch the morning train," said James.

They both finished their drink quickly.

12