1982 Part 03 - A Night to Remember

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The two girls sit in silence for a moment, smoking their cigarettes in companionable silence. Martha looks over at Clara, her expression concerned. "Hey, are you okay? I mean, with all this grounding and stuff?"

Clara nods, a small smile on her face. "Yeah, I'll be fine. I just gotta make the most of it, you know? And at least I get to play tonight," she says, her voice determined.

Martha nods, a smile on her face. "Yeah, that's true. And we'll kick ass tonight, don't worry," she says, her voice filled with confidence.

Amy arrives at the secluded spot in the woods, a cigarette dangling from her lips. She greets the girls with a wave of her hand before lighting up her cigarette.

"Yo, what's up, ladies?" she says, taking a drag from her cigarette.

Martha and Clara look at her in surprise. "What's with the brand switch?" Clara asks, her voice curious.

Amy shrugs, a sly smile on her face. "Oh, you know, just trying something new. These are Newports. Plus, smoking white filters is like claiming to be a rock star with a toy guitar," she quotes, her voice confident.

Martha and Clara exchange a glance, both impressed by Amy's new attitude. "Dang, Amy, where did you learn that line?" Martha asks, her voice impressed.

Amy shrugs, taking another drag from her cigarette. "Oh, just around," she says, her voice nonchalant.

The girls nod, knowing not to push the topic further. "So, how did it go with your mom?" Clara asks, her voice hesitant.

Amy takes a deep drag from her cigarette, exhaling slowly. "It was actually pretty good. My mom's being cool about it, she said I can smoke in my room and on the streets as long as I'm not seen doing it," she says, her voice filled with relief.

Martha and Clara nod, both impressed by Amy's luck. "Wow, that's awesome, Amy. My mom's cool with it too, but Clara's mom grounded her for at least four months," Martha says, her voice filled with envy.

Clara shrugs, a small smile on her face. "Yeah, well, at least I get to play tonight," she says, her voice determined.

Amy takes a long drag from her cigarette, the smoke curling around her face as she exhales. "You know, this could be our last show if Clara is grounded," she says, her voice serious.

The girls face the realization, their expressions grim. "Damn, that sucks," Martha says, her voice filled with disappointment. "We should go out in a blast."

Amy nods in agreement, her cigarette now burning low. "Yeah, definitely. We should smoke on stage," she says, her voice filled with determination.

Clara's eyes widen in surprise. A couple days ago, Amy was the one saying that they shouldn't do it. She takes a drag from her cigarette, her expression thoughtful. "Are you sure, Amy? I mean, I'm gonna be grounded anyway, but is it really worth it?" she asks, her voice hesitant.

Amy takes a deep drag from her cigarette, her hand shaking slightly as she inhales. "Yeah, I'm fucking sure," she says, her voice strong and confident. "This could be our last show, so fuck it. And... This would be a huge middle finger to your mom."

Martha nods in agreement, taking a long drag from her cigarette. "Yeah, I'm down for that!" she says, her voice filled with excitement.

Clara looks at her friends, her expression torn. She's always been the one to play it safe, but the thought of going out in a blaze of glory is too tempting to resist. "Okay," she says, her voice filled with determination. "Let's do it."

As they smoke, Amy's drags are harsh and strong, showing her development as a smoker. Clara can't help but notice that she's been surpassed by Amy, a rookie until just days ago. She won't comment on it, but she can't help but feel a twinge of envy. She takes a drag from her cigarette, her expression thoughtful. "Hey, can I try one of those Newports of yours?" she asks, her voice curious.

Amy nods, passing her one. Clara lights it and inhales as if it were her Virginia Slims, her eyes widening in surprise at the strength of the cigarette. "Wow, that's strong," she says, her voice filled with admiration.

Amy takes a drag from her cigarette, a smirk on her face. "They're stronger, but cooler. I like it," she says, her voice confident, a smile on her face as smoke came out word by word.

Martha holds out her hand for Clara's Newport, taking a drag and nodding in agreement. "Damn, these are good. I might have to switch too," she says, her voice filled with excitement.

The three girls sit in silence for a moment, smoking their cigarettes and contemplating Amy's idea to smoke on stage. It's a risky move, but the thought of going out with a bang is too tempting to ignore.

"Let's do it," Clara says, crushing the cigarette after her last drag, determination in her voice. "We'll smoke on stage, and make it the best damn show we've ever done."

Amy and Martha nod in agreement, the three of them united in their decision. They'll smoke on stage, and they'll make it unforgettable.

DAY 8 - AFTER DINNER

Amy walked towards her bedroom, her pack of Newports tucked safely in her pocket. She had just finished dinner with her family and was looking forward to her post-meal cigarette. But before she could reach her door, her father, Howard, called out to her.

"Amy, can I speak with you for a moment?" He gestured towards his office.

Amy hesitated, wondering what he could possibly want to talk about. But she shrugged it off and followed him into the room. Howard shut the door behind them and turned to face her.

"Your mother told me about your smoking," he said, his tone serious.

Amy's heart sank. She had hoped to keep her secret a little longer.

"I know it's not something she approves of, but I want you to know that I don't have a problem with it," Howard finished.

Amy raised an eyebrow in surprise. She had no words.

Amy was still in shock as her father continued to speak. "In fact, I think it would be great if we could share a post-meal smoke together. Just like old times," Howard said, pulling out his cigar and lighting it up.

Amy couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her father, who had always been strict and traditional, was actually encouraging her to smoke.

"Here," Howard said, handing her a silver Zippo lighter. "I got this as a set with mine, but your mother would never indulge in the habit," he grinned.

Amy took the lighter, feeling a mix of emotions. Part of her was thrilled that her father was accepting her for who she was, but another part of her felt guilty for keeping this from him for so long.

"Thanks, Dad," she said, unable to say anything else.

Her father proceeded to pour two shots of a good bourbon over ice, and slid one to her. "Old enough to smoke with your dad, old enough to drink with your dad", he winked. "Besides, a shot won't do you any harm. It could actually help this voice of yours to prepare for the show. It's today, isn't it?"

Amy couldn't believe. She was going to smoke with her father, drink with her father, but the most important thing: her father remembered about her show. He, the person that almost always seemed distant and far away from his family, actually remembered it.

Howard lit his cigar, and raised his glass. "Are you joining me or what, kiddo?"

Amy took a deep breath, and raised her glass. "To us," she said, and clinked it against her father's. She then reached for her pack of Newports and pulled one out, finally allowing herself the pleasure of lighting up her cigarette.

She took a long drag and exhaled, feeling a sense of relief wash over her. She couldn't believe it, she was smoking with her father, and he was accepting it.

"So, you're not nervous about the show?" Howard asked, blowing out a puff of smoke from his cigar.

Amy shook her head. "I'm more excited than anything," she replied. "I've been looking forward to it for weeks.", she exhaled smoke from her cigarette.

Howard grinned. "That's my girl," he said, taking another sip of his bourbon. "You'll knock 'em dead out there."

The two of them sat in comfortable silence, smoking and drinking together. For the first time in a long time, maybe ever, Amy felt truly understood by her father. She couldn't wait to get out there and show the world what she was made of.

They talked a little more, and when the time came, she left.

She needed to meet with the girls for the show.