20 Year Anniversary Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Amber continued to look down at the floor. "There was never anyone before John. The first time was Sunday before Christmas. Only three times. I don't know why. I wasn't looking for anything."

"But you couldn't say no?"

"I did say no, about 13 days before that; he persisted and I was weak."

"John, anytime you want to add some stuff, please do."

"Mr. Robbins..."

"Please call me Chris; we have shared so much already."

"Chris, yes, it's true that I was told by Amber about two weeks before the party to keep my hands off, and that she was very happily married."

"So what happened at the party? Did she come on to you?"

"No, she had a little to drink and I felt there was chemistry. When we kissed, it felt so right."

Amber interjected, "Please no, this is wrong."

"So, John, did she fight you off at all that first time, even though she was a bit inebriated?"

"Chris, please stop; this is killing me."

"Mother of my children, this has been killing me for the past two weeks, ever since I found his semen on your panties and you in the shower and cleaning yourself off from this illicit affair, so please don't lecture me about who is killing who. We had the most amazing, or so I thought, vacation in Asia but now I realize that while I was with you; you were with him."

"No that isn't true, I didn't think about him once when we were there, I told you I was drunk, I was angry that it happened; I even lectured him and said that is was a mistake. ask him!"

John was nodding but Chris just went back at Amber "So if it was a mistake then, how did his semen get on your panties two weeks ago, and let's not forget the show the two of you put on last week?"

"What show?"

"I have a disgusting video of the entire sordid affair. It makes for some great porn; shame we never were into that. John maybe you and Debbie would like a copy?"

"Chris, you videoed us? Oh my god! How did you do that; why didn't you say anything? I am mortified!!"

"And you should be, and so am I."

"Please leave my wife out of this, she is going through enough trauma and she doesn't need more pain," John interjected.

"I'm sorry, John, but I will make sure you tell her all the details when you get back."

"I see that I am not going to get any answers from my soon to be ex, but I would just like to say a few things to John. Amber, you know why I am hurt and angry but I am also really angry at John, and I'd like you to hear why," Chris said.

"Reason number one, John, for my anger at you, is that you stole something from me. No I don't own Amber, she is free to do as she wishes, she is a grown woman and can make her own decisions and deal with the repercussions; but Amber had I had a monogamous relationship, you knew she was married and by you fucking her, you ended that."

Amber gasped, she had never heard Chris use any swear word, especially that one.

"You broke that relationship; you broke my half of the partnership. I don't know what I did to you to hurt you, but you hurt me really bad. You stole from me, you are just one mean SOB, and I hope and pray that god gives you the punishment that you deserve.

"But John, reason number two for my anger and the main reason is because what you did to my wife; a woman who all respected and admired; was out of hate and disrespect. Why do you hate her so much?"

John just stared at Chris and didn't answer.

"Please answer me, why do you hate her so much?" Chris practically screamed, for the first time he may have lost his cool a bit and his tone really frightened both Amber and John.

"I don't hate her."

"Why would you want her to risk all that is important to her for your own animalistic needs. If you don't hate her, and I am assuming you may even have had some respect for her, why would you be willing to destroy her life, for your own sexual gratification?"

"I'm sorry, I am not following, how am I destroying her life?"

"You've known her for a bit over two months, correct?"

"Yes."

"Did she ever tell you about her family; her children and her husband?"

"Yes."

"I am assuming she may have mentioned how important they were to her?"

"Yes."

"Then why would you want to take that away from her by your inconsiderate actions? You say that you respected her, but it's obvious to me that you disrespected her and could give a shit what happened to her."

Chris turned to Amber and asked her, "And why the fuck would you sleep with this piece of shit who disrespected you and hated you. He took everything away from you and treated you like a piece of meat."

John was silent.

Amber lost it. She couldn't speak. She wanted to scream, "I'm so sorry," but she just cried and cried.

Chris got up. "Before I leave to go to my children's home and pack my stuff, I just want to make one phone call."

He then started to dial and as he entered the keys he announced them aloud. John was sort of listening but he wasn't focused. Chris had on his speaker phone.

They heard a female voice answer

"Hello."

"Hello, is this Mrs. Deborah Stevens?" Chris asked.

John was pleading with his hands and body, to end the call.

"Yes, this is she, with whom am I speaking?"

"Do you have a pen and paper handy? Can you please write down this number?"

"Yes I do and yes I can, but who is this?"

"My name is Christopher Robbins, of Chicago. My office number is 312-XXX-XXXX. I suggest when your husband Jonathan gets back to New York, you should have a discussion with him about Mrs. Amber Robbins. If you aren't satisfied with any of his answers you can call me and I will try and help fill in the blanks."

"Amber Robbins, isn't she that much older project manager that he is working with from Chicago?"

"She is older, she should have been wiser, but even her soon to be ex-husband, can't help but appreciate her beauty; as I am sure your husband did. If you'd like a picture of her, I'd be happy to send one to you. I even have a movie that she and your husband co-stared in together, if that is what interests you?"

"Did my shitty husband have another affair? I told him three strikes and he's out."

"Mrs. Stevens I will let you husband fill you in on all the details. I am sorry to bother you, but if I can be of any assistance you have my number. By the way, I am with the Illinois attorney general's office, so if there are legal question that you may have in this state, I can help with that."

"Mr. Robbins, thank you for your call and I sincerely apologize to you and your family for the mess which my husband caused. Have a nice day and thank you for your number, bye."

"Goodbye, Mrs. Stevens."

Chris stood up and left the room. He didn't look at either of them.

Amber was internalizing the conversation between Chris and John. She really never thought about it that way. To John, she was just a piece of meat. A score. She was mortified how she let this happen. Chris was right. Although Amber had a lot to be blamed for, it really was John who persisted. He came on to her many times, and although somewhat exciting, the sex wasn't that different than with her husband. In fact, it was less satisfying, despite the fact that John was so well endowed. When she had sex with Chris it was always beautiful. She loved him and loved their love-making, but with John; as Chris put it, it was a moment of animalistic pleasure and she wasted her entire marriage and maybe her life on that. What a fool she was. She should have said something to both Chris and Lynn, after that first night in the bar. Now she had the challenge of her lifetime. How to make sure she didn't lose her husband and family; and how to gain his trust, respect and his love again.

She saw the look on his face. He pitied her. She killed everything. She wasn't his partner but his charity case, and she couldn't handle that. How would she explain to her children? What a lousy example of a parent she was. Her own parents would be shocked; even Alison would be shocked. She needed advice and assumed that Ali was her best bet, but that would wait for later. First, she needed to talk alone to Chris. Also, as a responsible manager she had to take care of business before she tried to mend her personal life. That was one of the two reasons she went back to the office, the other was to get her car so she could go home.

Chris stopped by Mike's office.

"Here's the key. I left them both alive. No physical violence, although a lot of emotional violence."

Chris went to his car and waited. It wasn't five minutes before he saw Amber coming down, full of tears and on the phone. He watched as she got into an Uber.

Amber was calling for a meeting. She wanted her team; Sam, Greg, Alice and Amanda in her office in 15 minutes.

Tuesday February 5th -- Same Day, Robbins Home, Chicago

"Hi, Dad, what are you doing home at 3:00?"

"Hi, Robbie, I didn't see you guys when I got in, although the alarm was off. I guess I should have figured it out. I need to go away for a few days."

"Where are you going?"

"It's just a short business trip."

"Okay, hope you catch the bad guys. Does Mom know you are going?"

"Yes, I will be in touch."

By 3:30 he was gone. He hadn't even looked in on Sara. His head was in too many places. He went to check into a Ramada.

*****

Amber came back and it was obvious to all that she was crying.

"Amber what's going on? You look upset," Alice asked her.

"I have some personal business to deal with and may be gone for a while."

"Does Lynn know?"

"I have a meeting with her tomorrow and will fill her in, but Alice, if I'm gone, I'll recommend that you manage the team in my absence, and Greg should handle the Stevens Account."

"Where is John; didn't he go to lunch with you?"

"Yes, but when he heard I was needed at home he went to O'Hare to get an earlier flight home."

*****

Amber was home by 4:00.

"Hi, Mom, why are you also home early?"

"Sara, I am still not feeling well."

"Mom, this has been going on for a while; maybe you should see a doctor?"

"Yes, probably a good idea. Sara, did you say, also? Who else is here?"

"I heard dad talking to Robbie, but he left without speaking to me. Strange."

Amber went into Robbie's room

"Is Dad around?"

Robbie looked at her inquisitively

"No, Dad said he had to go on a business trip. I saw him taking an overnight bag."

"Did he say how long he'd be gone?"

"Mom, he said you knew. What's is going on? Do you guys not communicate here anymore? The last week or two this house has been like the North Pole."

"Yes, Robbie, now that you mention it, he did say something, thanks."

Robbie felt that neither of his parents were forthcoming with him.

When Amber walked out of the room, Robbie called his sister, Emily, who was in Michigan, at University.

"Hey, Em, something is going on with Mom and Dad."

He told his big sister about moms depressing moods and the two strange conversations he had with them.

"Robbie, if you know what's going on call me and if you think I should come home, let me know. It's just a four-hour bus ride home from Michigan", said Emily.

Robbie responded, "I will keep you posted."

Amber tried to call Chris, but her call went unanswered. She left him a message that they needed to talk. She tried again an hour later and still no answer.

Sara and Robbie heard Amber crying in her room. They both entered.

"Guys, please go out of my room."

Sara said "No, Mom, what's going on? "

"It's parents' stuff. You don't need to worry about it. "

Robbie asked "Does Dad know why you are so upset?" Amber nodded.

"So Mom, then why isn't he here? That isn't like Dad. He would never put business before family, especially you, Mom. He idolizes you."

This made Amber cry even harder. All she said was, "Please just go. I hurt Dad very much and I am trying to apologize, but he won't speak to me, I need to rest. Sara, please get me some water. Good night, Robbie. I love you."

Sara came in with water and Amber asked her to help her get into bed. Sara was a sophomore in high school, but she was starting to deal with some very heavy issues around the house. She just didn't know what.

Robbie called Emily back, "Em, can you make the 7 o'clock bus? I can pick you up at the station at 11:00. It's bad. Mom did something bad to Dad and he left. I am going to try and call him."

Emily said, "I'm on my way. Hold tight".

Robbie called his father. "Hey, Dad, what's up?".

"Nothing son, I will be home in a few days and then we'll talk".

"Dad, Mom is a mess. She said that she hurt you really bad and that is why you left. She wants to apologize; it isn't like you to just ignore her. She admitted her mistake; why won't you speak to her?"

"Did she say how she hurt me?"

"No, and I didn't ask."

"Listen, Robbie, I will come by tomorrow and we'll talk a bit. I'm not sure what I can or want to say to you, but I will sit down with you and Sara, I love you guys and I will see you tomorrow, good night."

"Good night."

Sara came by Robbie's room. "Mom's asleep."

"I called Em; she's on her way. I am going to pick her up at 11:00 at the bus station."

"What do you think it is?"

Robbie thought for a few minutes. "I'm not sure, but it sounds really bad. Let's wait for Emily."

Sara went with Rob to pick up Emily. Sara started the first conversation between the siblings

"I thought that we were the exception, everyone else had the screwed-up families, but ours was normal. Now I see that we are just as messed up as everyone else."

Robbie answered, "Let's not jump to conclusions, I spoke to dad, he sounded pretty composed, not angry. He said he will be home tomorrow."

*****

Amber woke and wanted to get a drink. It was a bit after 11:00 and she went to the kitchen to get some more water. The house was so quiet. She was surprised the kids were asleep. She peeked in on Sara's room and didn't see her. She thought that was strange, so she went to Robbie's room. It was also empty. Did the kids know and also run out on her?

She called out, "Robbie, Sara, are you around?" There was no answer.

She didn't want to panic so she called Robbie's mobile.

Robbie answered on the second ring

"Hi, Mom. I thought you were sleeping". He was driving and speaking on the speaker phone so his sisters could listen in.

"Robbie, are you out and are you with Sara?"

"Yes mom, we'll be home in five minutes, see you soon." He hung up. He didn't want to say anything about Emily.

Amber decided to wait for her kids in the living room and sure enough, five minutes later the front door open and in walked in Sara, Emily and Robbie. It took Amber a second but then she shrieked, "Emily, what are you doing here?"

"I heard there were some problems at home, so they called in the cavalry. Mom, what is going on?"

Amber just looked at her kids. I guess we did something right. We do have great kids, she thought.

"Robbie, Sara let me speak to Emily alone, I will fill you in later".

Robbie and Sara didn't argue. They went over to their mother and each hugged her tightly and kissed her. They said they loved her, would do anything then could to help their mother and father and then went to their rooms.

It was February in Chicago and extremely cold, but Amber said to Emily, "Let's sit outside."

They both bundled up and sat on the bench in front of the house. Emily put her arm around her mother.

As Amber spoke, she spoke softly and slowly, very reserved and tried to be as factual as possible.

"I wasn't planning on discussing this with any of my children, and Robbie and Sara are so young, but then again, they are quite mature. This isn't something a mother discusses with her children of any age, and despite the major problem, there are still two remaining issues. The first is factual. I cheated on your father." Amber started to cry again but she fought to remain composed. "I am not sure why I cheated on him, but I slept with another man three times".

Emily, was aghast. Her nerdy mother had an affair. She was beyond shocked, but at this point she tried to get her mother to talk as much as possible and not be judgmental.

"The first time I was drunk, but that is no excuse and the last two times I was sober. I don't love him, never loved him, don't even like him. Yes, he was very good looking and took good care of himself. Yes, he was younger than me. Closer to your age than mine. He was 30. Your father knows everything." She couldn't say anything about the video.

"He has known for about two weeks, even though the first time was before we went away. That was my drunken stupor. I thought about telling Dad but figured it would be safer just to end it. That is what I was trying to do today when Dad caught us in this man's hotel room. I am not sure if Dad believes me that I was trying to end it, but it's irrelevant. It happened. My question for myself, which I have no answer for, is why did I do it? That is one of the remaining problems. I love your father and you guys more than anything in the world. Why would I jeopardize that and really for nothing. Not curiosity, not sex, maybe a little vanity, but that is certainly not worth the price that I may pay and we may pay. Not even close; so why did I do it? The other question is how to I get your father to love, trust and respect me again. He won't even speak to me. He just left. He didn't say much to Robbie, just that he would be in touch tomorrow."

Amber stopped and it was Emily's time to respond. At 18 she was very mature.

"Mom..." she stopped and wanted to be careful with what she had to say. She didn't want to hurt her mother any more than she was suffering but there were some basic things she had to say. She tried to start easy.

"Mom, we all love you. Even Dad loves you, though at this time you may not believe it. You are a great person, wonderful mother, a great partner to our father and in every respect 50% of the head of our family. I will speak to Dad tomorrow and see where his head is. I can't take sides. I love you both. I guess most couples would try and keep this a secret from their children and everyone else. Now that you told me, Dad will try to give me his side. I don't think that this is healthy. I will have to work that out with Dad. My question is what do we say to Rob and Sara? I don't think it's good if they know; this will be hard enough on me."

Amber just sniffled. She thought she needed Ali, but maybe Emily was a smarter choice, however unfair it was to her. She was certainly so pragmatic, much more like her father. Robbie and Sara were more like her.

"Just tell them that everyone is physically healthy, that you are trying to help work this out and hopefully, it will be resolved soon. I know that won't be enough, so I am relying on you to figure it out, but yes, it's best, if they don't know. I was going to call aunt Alison tomorrow for advice, but maybe I can rely on my very smart, wise and mature daughter to guide me."

"I'll do my best, and I promise you that I will also enlist Dad. Even if I can't save your marriage, Dad will always love you and would never want you harmed, emotionally or mentally, despite what you did to him, in any way."

It was very hurtful to Amber to hear Emily in a politically correct way, judging her by insinuating, no actually stating that she hurt Chris.

With that she hugged and squeezed her mother with both arms.

"Mom, we all love you. I am going in first. I am sure I will have to handle my siblings now. Give me five minutes and then go directly to bed."

Amber just nodded and Emily went in the house. Emily shared a room with Sara when she was home, so when she went upstairs, Robbie came in. Sara was in bed, Robbie in his PJs. Emily sat on her bed next to Robbie and spoke.

"Guys, I can't say much. Everyone is physically healthy. Please just give them some time. Hopefully this will be resolved soon."