All Comments on '3 Is a Magic Number Ch. 18'

by Scott_Free

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not exactly what I was expecting

While it was not total rubbish it was not exactly what I was expecting after almost a year of no new chapters, the political drama/action is a far cry from what the story was originally so it's kinda hard to make that jump right off the bat. The saving grace here is your decision to (probably) make other chapters that slowly lead to this predicament otherwise this makes very little sense - kinda reminds me of what litstorymb did with his Lola & Joey story.

Gave you a 3 for this and hopefully other chapters change my mind about the whole thing.

OrthopodeOrthopodeover 6 years ago
You have worked hard on this

Over the years you have produced a number of versions of this excellent story, I have enjoyed them all. For me the version two ending was perhaps most satisfactory but this one is still very good. I wish you well with your full time writing career.

stattionstattionover 6 years ago
Erm...

Not really sure what to think... this ending just came totally out of the blue like it's part of a totally different story. Doesn't really follow on from the previous chapter too well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

sorry, but this did not feel at all like it belonged with the original story. But thank you for writting the series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Disappointed at first, but changed my mind after the second reading

Hope you continue the story line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Disappointed

Why such a major time jump from the last chapter to this one? This feels totally out of no where and doesn't really feel like it belongs with this story. I really enjoyed this story up until this final chapter.

goducks1goducks1over 6 years ago
where do you find

the other versions of this story?

goducks1goducks1over 6 years ago
another question

i'm just finishing chapter 6. i've given the first 5 chapters 5 starts - they are great. but if its a really shitty ending - as i seems from these comments - should i keep reading? if i keep reading do i give the remaining chapters 5 starts if they're good? or 1 or no stars because it seems as thought the ending sucks? I've been really disappointed that so many of these stories either have no ending - "an Incest birthday" and "any chance we could" come to mind - or lame ass endings like apparently this and "Lola and Joey". should i just wait and see if Scott - who clearly is a talented writer - decides to redo the end? any thoughts? comments?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Rather disappointed

Too much time skipped and why the hell did jail have to be a part of it?

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 6 years ago
Silly ending

Sorry that you liked it. This chapter bore no relation to any other in the series, except for the names of the characters. When you are feeling well enough perhaps try again.

goducks1goducks1over 6 years ago
actually - i liked it

i gave it 5 stars. I gave the first 5 or 6 chapters 5 stars as well, then stopped because no one seemed to like the end i was thought maybe i was being led along. At the end of 17 i didn't know how you'd end it in a chapter or 2.. but you did. cleverly i might add. You're a very good writer. And i enjoyed the series. I hope you write a couple more chapters here. and soon. this story has good legs.

and i'll try to go back and 5 star the earlier chapters.

Thanks for the story - and hopefully we'll see more soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Plunk

That’s the sound of this story falling into the toilet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Roblox Death Noise.

The entire series was amazing, for the most part. I loved and read the rest of the series, before and after you took time to edit... At least a handful of times. (The entire series). And then there's this? What the fuck is this?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Oh dear :(

So what happened after they fled home? His father? How did their parents take it after time?

You have left this unfinished, and so many plot holes. This chapter really was just a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Robbed

This was a messed up way to end it. I would have rather it never been posted tbh. Good series up to this though, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Huh?

You mentioned surgery on your eye at the end. They must have given some strong pills to take home, and this must be a result of those as it is wildly incongruous with the rest of the story and ties up almost no loose ends. I liked your story overall though

lesbianincest97lesbianincest97about 6 years ago
I loved it

I been following the story since the last chapter of a backrub for julia ,which is forever ago, i think 2013 but not sure. i wanted to buy the book but couldnt just wanted to say this is a top 3 series.

prop69prop69about 6 years ago
I thought the ending was poor

My favorite story from Katie and Julie though the love between both girls and Jack.

I was happy with Katie and the 2+ children plus the beautiful Julie and Melissa. om loving Jack was OK. However, his Dad was a Jackass.

Also, WHAT THE FUCK WITH THE CRIME?

Wish you would add another chapter or more and make it a better story.

Geisha1Geisha1about 6 years ago
5 stars.

Really great story. I hope you write more

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This story

I would love for you to add more to this story to give it more depth and enjoyment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great Series

Great series. Very enjoyable. Please write more. Maybe some prequels to ch 18.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent! Thank you

Great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ugh

Sorry but after 17 pretty good chapters I think this one was rushed and really fell below your capabilities.

prop69prop69over 5 years ago
Awesome

This is my favorite story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wtf?

Great series but wtf was this!? Damn...

My cousin and i are like Katie and Jack. We edged through this entire series. We took our time with it too. Spanned days. One or 2 chapters a day. Finishing our orgasm after each chapter. Rebecca wanted more but you ended horribly

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Redo

Loved the story till this chapter. Do us a favor and delete it and try again. You missed a golden opportunity to create a new big 3 with mom, dad, and Julia's mom becoming like the kids and helping the family grow closer yet keep both sets of 3 separate groups of lovers. The adults could have their own discovery at the vacation home while discussing their kids situation. While furthering the adventures of Jack, Katie, and Julia living on their own. Just a thought but chapters 1-17 were awesome. Please keep writing you have talent creating characters and stories.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyover 5 years ago
Disappointing ending

I know this whole story was a lot of work and I really enjoyed it. I actually enjoyed the ending for what it is, well thought out, put together and heartwarming. However, it's not the ending to the story I was reading and has almost nothing to do with the preceding chapters, save the characters injected into it. The way the last chapter left off, with the threesome ostensibly having been discovered and the rift between Katie and Jack's parents having been established I thought we'd get a really meaty ending chapter, tying up those threads left hanging. What you served up was a summary of what happened to their lives and relationships without any drama or poetry along with the loose plot to some kind of political intrigue thriller.

So I was disappointed as I'm sure others were, especially seeing some of the comments. I don't think it was 'bad writing', I just think you were stuck for how to proceed/conclude the story so pulled an idea you'd had floating around for a while out of the air and used it as your basis.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

So... I just finished the series. Overall it is very well-written. Most of it is plausible, even if it is not probable, and despite a few minor continuity issues along the way, it is still a very engaging story. The sex scenes are well-choreographed, with good descriptions that paint a vivid picture. The character development is not STELLAR, but it is still pretty good; the characters don't feel like they are made of cardboard, and they are usually relatable, other than the sudden personality shift in Julia.

Now all that being said -- I have written a thing or three myself, though none of it is published here. I know that writing a final ending to a series can be challenging, to say the least. How exactly do you tie off the life stories of characters that you have become intimately involved with -- in every sense of the word? It is one of the hardest thing that an author can do. So I understand how it can be difficult to find just the right way to close out a series. This one -- missed the mark by a large margin. The final chapter, as a standalone, is not actually bad. It just isn't appropriate to this series. It has some good structure, and some interesting bones to it. With some more polish, it could actually be a good story snippet -- just not for THIS story.

As it stands, this feels like a complete cop-out when it follows the rest of the series. It feels like you just ran out of ideas for this storyline, and couldn't figure out how to tie it all together in a cohesive end. So, you wrote something else entirely that had absolutely nothing to do with your story-to-date, sprinkled in a couple of generic references to existing characters to try and keep it connected, and tried (very badly) for a "surprise" ending. If the integrity of your work means anything to you as an author (which I have to assume it does, based on how well you handled previous chapters), then you should seriously consider scrapping this chapter and doing a complete re-write on it. You could still salvage the current version of the chapter by using it as a springboard for a different series. The core idea in it isn't bad -- it just not work for this series.

I enjoyed the series up until this chapter. I hope you can take this criticism for what it is meant.

Rapier875Rapier875over 5 years ago
One brilliant story !

With the exception of this chapter, which was simply dire.

The whole 17 previous chapters were amazing, chapter 17 promised us an ending worthy of the story, but failed miserably to deliver.

As others have suggested this chapter needs removing and replaced with something that does justice to this story.

A great read, but a truly disapointing finish.

Rapier

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
INbred

Inbred fucks

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Awsome finish

I think this finish was the best i read here it wasnt just fucking like rabits and happy forrever after it was something more and your writing prowes realy showed in this one whole series will end up in my personal list of great stories which is realy exclusive club in my opinion out of this site there are currently 5 stories including this one, most others are actual books and movies nad the list is currently made up of 43 different stories that you find either in written form or movie/tv form. So i must congratulate you on job well done and awsome finisb

CormacMacArtCormacMacArtabout 5 years ago
Amazing love triangle story.

Loved this work, it was epic. The only part that was a bit of a disappointment for me was the last chapter. The way it all of a sudden jumped years in advance and had him in the scenario he found himself in was bizarre in the sense that it didn't connect to the characters or the story you told. There was no progression to lead us there, it was a jolt to go from, the parents find out and wham, at least 7 years later. It seemed forced, especially since every other chapter had great richly described sex scenes written in them. This had none, guess you were at a real loss as to how to close out you're wonderful tale. Oh well, the previous 17 chapters were an awesome read. Thanks.

dikupinyadikupinyaabout 5 years ago
wow!!

I read this whole story in one setting. It was wonderful. I look forward to more of the same. keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Yea. Knew there was a reason this chapter had the lowest score of your work. One brief page for a wrap up that made absolutely no sense. Plot holes and loose ends abound, my friend. This was a lackluster end to what had otherwise been an engaging, well-written story. This chapter felt rushed (even with that time gap between the previous and this one) and just jammed together because there wasn't an actual planned ending. I wish you luck and fortune with future works, but I really hope to think about revisiting/rewriting this last chapter.

thewiseman1967thewiseman1967almost 5 years ago
Truly a good series

This was one of the best stories I have ever read. I will read it again, it was well written, with a good plot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Turning it into spy novel was bad idea

Chapter 18 should have been a multi page chapter showcasing the trios years at Northwestern. Highlighting how they lived together, how Julia invested her inheritance and if the parents ever overcame their problems with having grandkids that were the product of incest.

Instead he gets a degree in computers and is arrested for doing work for a nameless government agency.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Back Story?

It would be nice for you to put together all the years in between chapter 17 & 18. This ties up the life we would all want them to have, but missed out on crucial details.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This is truly a beautiful story.

The best erotic story I've ever read. 20 out of 10, hands down. Thank you so much for writing this story and giving me so much lust and beautiful emotions.

I love the characters of Katie and Julia. They are both unique and super realistic, as I've met both of their personality types in real life.

Katie being the Main Character's sister was a huge turn on for me, and as much of pervert as it makes me seem, well written incest pairings that have deep, emotional depth and realistic plots are few and far in between. Add in the factor of amazing, super hot sex scenes with amazing, super hot characters (Katie! The cute, loveable little pain slut) and this story has been more than a needle in a haystack. That figure of speech could only apply to this story accurately if the needle were diamond.

Thank you for writing this story. Gave me tears, a love filled thumping heart, and gave me fap material all in one. I think I will remember these characters for the rest of my life.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 4 years ago

I for one love this ending, especially since it has a happily ever after. The new ending is fitting of this threesome love story.

This gets my 5+star vote. This final chapter rewrite is so much better than the original.

bshell47bshell47over 3 years ago
No matter what happens, it is one of the best stories.

I have loved this series each time I read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Talented!

I would say this is definitely movie material. I'd say R rated, of course, but sizzling with sex and high powered intrigue. Don't let them make it X. Make sure your in on the Directing, and one of the producers. Try to keep just on the edge of X, and it will be historic!

XYZ

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
GOD DAMN BEAUTIFUL STORY

Honest to god this was the best story I have ever read on this site. It had some much felling in it that it was just amazing. Definitely 10 out of fucking 10 hands down. I feel that this ending is the best one out of any other erotica thank you for writing this story because I don't know what i would do if i never read it.

Fucking Amazing Story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have a problem with one word you used "retarded". This word is out of use for modern intelligent kids.

Other than that I loved the story. On to the next one!

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 2 years ago

Yeah, that ending sucked donkey dicks....

It doesn't even feel like it was written by the same person who wrote the wonderful upper peninsula stuff.

Rating dropped to a ONE. Thanks for ruining a really good love story just because you have some kind of axe to grind politically.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story overall that it could have been movie worthy. But as written the ending not in charcter with the rest of the story. 4-6 chapters of resolving the fight, going through college and starting a career would greatly help in tying the story to the conclusion. As it is the story has a sloppy finish and not in a good way.

Southernstee1031Southernstee1031over 2 years ago

Great story, glad I stumbled into it. In couldn't stop reading it. Lost some sleep reading, but it was worth it.

MADDOGINTEXASMADDOGINTEXASabout 2 years ago

Ooooooooo!!!!!! You said "retarded"! And someone called you out for it!!?? FUCK THAT NOISE...I AM TIRED OF MODERN-DAY POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, and being over-concerned with 'what might affect our kid's...minegrew up hearing 'politically-incorrect' terminology, will still use it now, at times...so JUST SHUT THE F___ UP, and take your whining somewhere else!

I do not feel you have "ground an axe" against any governmental agency or whatever...you wrote a passionate love story, which is my #1 FAVORITE of all time...

Thanks for the story, and I wish you health, happiness, and 💘 LOVE in your life!!

Yyyyaaaayyyy!!!!

HungryMan56HungryMan56almost 2 years ago

I don't like this ending either, but, for me, it was better that the original

Tbw357Tbw357over 1 year ago

I have read the entire series. It was very well written. I would have enjoyed more, but am happy with what you gave us. I read both endings and enjoyed them both in their own ways.

Stargazer5154Stargazer5154over 1 year ago

The original was gut wrenching but left me feeling empty. So I had to rerate this story with a 5 star instead of a 3. I don't like a universe without Katie.

Apollo22Apollo22about 2 months ago

Kind of nice reading a story that started where I grew up. And ironically made a trip to where I live now. Lol. Lot of familiar references. Well done, I only have one suggestion for your continued writing. Less narration, and more dialogue. Otherwise, very much enjoyed it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userScott_Free@Scott_Free
7/29/2021 I Have been taking a mental health break. Mental illness is no joke, and I have written about it a couple of times. I hope to finish off Hope soon. I don't know what the future will hold for my writing, but I plan to keep on plugging away at it. 8/18/20 So yesterday...