All Comments on '36'

by o_girl

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
To be continued?

Please continue!

HectorBidonHectorBidonover 4 years ago
Very well done!

Your story has the power of a childhood fairy adventure to transport the reader so completely into an imaginary world and to make him feel so vividly the feelings and pains and hopes and triumphs of the heroine.

You've created a truly black, dystopian world, but you've put enough light in it to see us through. You've given us vivid scenes and memorable characters (I loved Curly, the little dog). And you've given us a wonderful heroine---resourceful, resilient, always hopeful, always kind. She's gotten out of her previous tribulations, we so much want to see her get out of this one too and finally achieve the happiness-ever-after that she deserves. (It seems like there are a number of cards you could play: Robert's mother, who knows a thing or two about the mistress, the boy himself, the father of the other boy on the mountain.)

One thing that I really like about your writing is its realistic sensibility. The Blacksmith provides an interlude of peace and safety, but in order to survive he does things of which he is not proud. Robert's mansion is like a paradise in some ways, but danger is never far away. 39 never gives up her spirit, but she has learned not to hope for anything much beyond a respite from continual abuse. Your darkness is never always pitch black, your brightness is never always pure white.

I also like that you tell 39's tribulations from her point of view, so that they elicit from the reader a sense of compassion rather than of sadistic titillation. (I wonder if the story might have been better received in the NonConsent/Reluctance category rather than BSDM. I've seen other fantasy slave stories there. Also, many authors would have published the chapters individually. Hard to say how that might have affected the view and vote count. At least you'll have one more chance to attract readers when you publish the next installment.)

You're a very good writer. I hope you keep at it. I hope you continue this story, and I hope that even if your view of the world is so bleak that it cannot be reformed within the boundaries of this story, at least you will let 39 escape at last from its cruelty and establish herself on a mountain somewhere to practice her herbal witchcraft and her metallurgy and her kindness. Thanks for this nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Whew...

that was a long read. Thoroughly worth it however!

An excellent story, sad yet hopeful. I hated that Curly was effectively tortured before being killed. I teared up at that because I cannot stand animal cruelty. I like the touches that are based in reality, like the smooth path with the strange double lines down the middle... The crazy old man with the building made of concrete was a little odd as it was the first and last mention of that building material. It didn’t seem like it was used in any other building anywhere else in the stork. A couple of minor quibbles only.

Otherwise I would agree whole-heartedly with the other remarks. I too would like to see retribution for the mistress and happiness for 39. Keep up the good work!

Mark 🙂

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Please Continue

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Epic story ...

... definitely worth a sequel.

On the positive side, it is a long piece of action, suspense, fun & games. If You like this dark-fantasy slave girl genre, it reading gives You a good time.

On the downside there are reasons it is not ?yet? finished Seems to me as if the author has succumbed to fatigue during a writing/editing marathon. Might have been better to publish in shorter chapters than in one batch (story is already divided nicely in chapters) and use intervals in between to regain some strength to pass the stories finish line. Moreover, it is seems like a restless soul moving on, endlessly. So how to come to a convincing ending? Maybe Robert emerges as Prince Charming and finally marries 36? Maybe that appeared as too cliché and a lack of a better plot idea explains the hiatus.

Anyway, thank You for sharing ... and hopefully surprise us soon with a sequel.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimabout 4 years ago
Superb

Beautifully written and compelling descriptions of all the trials she bore.

I believe you would have had a far bigger readership if it had been broken down into bite sized chunks. I would not have had time to read 23 pages if I wasn’t in a Spanish lockdown.

Now to read part two.

Well done on an excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Masterly storytelling - spent the morning empathising with your heroic brave heroine. Five Stars ***** Z x

CommodorRaptrCommodorRaptrover 2 years ago

Fantastic story! Filled with mystery and intrigue! By far one of the best reads on this site in my opinion.

Angus2KAngus2K8 months ago

Perfect! It is written in the way which makes you believe it really happened. Moreover, the level of details allows you to imagine standing a few metres from heroine.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous