All Comments on '48 Hours'

by Mainefiddleheads

Sort by:
  • 120 Comments (Page 2)
ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

Deep. The story left me confused, of course! Into the comments! One stood out above the others at the end. Michelle swapped her boots for some of her sister's fancy-shmancy heels, putting them last in Michelle's possession. IF her words were true! The author cunningly mentions a "pair of yellow heels" found where Marin was in the same town where Michelle was visiting. Ergo, Michelle was with Marin out of town it seems, and somehow left her heels behind. Bad girl! It slides by the reader, but not we presume by an ace detective. "How long"? "About six months." (if I remembered the quote right.) Both sisters were seeing Marin.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hope you start writing again

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

It was all there. You just needed to read it carefully. Good story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She helped her sister. Needs pain for helping a cheater

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So many complaints about needing a better ending, or leaving the

question of which or both sisters, or why or what does the MC do.

A good short story ( and this is a good one ) quite often leaves a

lot of unanswered questions. That’s their charm. Your imagination

Is challenged and you get to play with various conclusions. Fun !

Nicely done, shr

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pretty clear that both sisters did thr cheating with the loser Steinman. Monique went first and dragged Michelle into it. Poor unresolved ending.

davezqdavezqover 1 year ago

Fun to see lyrics of the 'Dead in a story. Tone of the detective--brusque and terse--seemed right on. I was surprised at the end--thought his wife was the adulterer. Nice job.

parenthesisparenthesisover 1 year ago

Thanks I enjoyed this. Yeah sure. Blaha blah blah.

But I couldn't do it any better.

miket0422miket0422about 1 year ago

So if Michelle and Monique always do everything together or the same. This apparently was Monique's 3rd affair and has been going on with Steinman for 6 months

... So, what affairs has Michelle had?

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyabout 1 year ago

ok, the ending was superb. didn't see that coming at all.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well Michelle made it crystal clear that whatever her sister did she followed suit, so when is the divorce?

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Could the photo of the tattoo be a reverse image? This one always leaves questions.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Half finishing a story just isn't a good look. Who really gives a fk about how and why she got caught, that's just setting the scene. The only thing we the reader are really interested in is in how she explains it and the consequences.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Not sure that I could have a relationship with someone so lacking that they'd have an American beauty tattoo on their arse. I guess it's one step better than an ace of spades, but not by much.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The consequence of the final conversation is that no one could have a real relationship with the MC'd wife because the other twin will always fk it up with her degenerate behaviour.

NoBullAlNoBullAl6 months ago

JEEZ!! Just another of this authors half finished stories that started out quite good and then died…. A disappointing hour spent and wasted!!!

IF YOU CANNOT FINISH THE DAMN STORY DON’T POST IT!!!

DanzebuDanzebu5 months ago

The ending was much too confusing. Was the woman in the security tapes the MC's wife Michelle or was it her twin Monique? I reread the ending four times and I still can't tell. Excellent story line but absolutely terrible, awful ending.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Read Pencarrow's comment near the bottom of page 1 to figure it out.

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducah3 months ago

An excellent story; vivid description as seems to be your standard. A bit too twisty for me with the shoe swap, tattoos and the monkey see/monkey do sisters, I had to summon Chopinesque’s comment and be spoon-fed clarification. You did provide some insight into the question of why the detective’s wife strayed. You’re just a little too tricky for me Mr. fiddlehead.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous