All Comments on '48 Hours on Blue Bayou Pt. 23: Julie'

by Carole99

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
MasterfuljimMasterfuljimalmost 8 years ago
Lovely

A truly well written and interesting story that is showing her eventual realisation that she is a slave...end of.

Must confess that I'm disappointed she is becoming a robot. They make great play about her still having an active thinking brain, yet she is forever parroting "Yes, Sir, this slave understands. Thank you, Sir." it seems as if there is no longer any fight.

Loving the story though..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What?

For not wanting the slaves to act like robots they sure do heavily punish them for not acting like robots. Still not sure why after offering her an escape Charles hasn't just taken ownership of her, guy seems smart enough to understand that Julie seems to be a hyper competent super slave who's only crime was a thought crime. Can we please get somewhere near a happy ending out of this because this story is just way too grim even for non con.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Up and down

I agree, well written and interesting, ...

... but I don't know if I like where all of this is going, and perhaps it is becomming a little boring, without true action and very small sex or bdsm.

Cindy1001Cindy1001almost 8 years ago
Thin line

It seems that the line between an obedient slave and a robot is very thin.

Lovely chapter again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Infuriating

This story is the most infuriatingly unbelievable story I have read here. Yet I can hardly wait for the next episode. Are you perhaps a reincarnation of Charles Dickens?

I say "infuriatingly unbelievable" not because it is the most impossible or fantastic but because it is "almost" believable. It is within the bounds of belief that there are women still kept in harems, and that some super rich men keep a few sex slaves (or mistresses anyway) on super-yachts, but Martin's enterprise is too much. With a mixture of slave and free staff on an international scale, there is no way the slavery would remain a secret. For example, in chapter 7, while Julie is flying to Hong Kong, (on a very large aircraft I presume) managers are interviewed, and while it is totally believable that the chairman would have a young and sexy PA, wouldn't they find it odd that she kneels by his side? Are they all "in the know" surely some odd stories would trickle out.

Another lesser grizzle, by my count there were seven women on the Blue Bayou, six from the couples and one crew member. However, only four are named and we only know the disposition of three. You have rather run away with Julie's story (which is fine), Lisa/Raisa is locked up in the harem and Autumn has, sort of, escaped but I would really like to know what happened to the other three, without turning this into a "Game of Thrones" length saga

Carole99Carole99almost 8 years agoAuthor
Dear Infuriated Anon,

We love your message! J Spe and I agree that it's the most fascinating comment ever. Most comments are either "I hate" or "I love." But your questions show you to be a devoted reader who cares about the character development. Thank you. My co-author, J, has written all the the Julie series and the one on Albert. I have written the rest. I never imagined the series would go on this long, and our fan base is getting smaller, but the ratings are good.

Please consider sending J or I a private message. We would like to hear your suggestions and we will try to answer your good questions.

Carole

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Up and down - p.s. to the next part

It has been stated more and more time that in this Enterprise: "After her correction,... as if she had never committed her crime. That is, she will have a clean slate and nobody will refer to her crime again."

This is clearly not true with Julie!

How it is?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great!

I think the story is One of the best in the site

alankalankover 7 years ago
Don't Worry

Don't worry about the size of the fan base. That should not determine any outcome on how, or if, the story should continue or in which direction. That is up to you two (and Infuriated Anon)...

Remember, not all, probably hardly any, fans actually leave a comment. Hell, I don't want to stop reading long enough to write one and this is my third time through this adventure.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous