All Comments on '500 Annies Ch. 01'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 90 Comments
HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 11 years ago
Well written. Good setup.

This plot seems well conceived and thought out. As always, the set-ups can be very dramatic. The ending will be the acid test, but this certainly has promise. I will reserve my vote until the conclusion as I have been impressed with beginnings before only to be disappointed by the ending. I will be waiting for the next chapter. Thanks for some excellent writing, but who is Jamie that pops up when they go to dinner and the wife is pregnant? We seem to have four characters here, Joe, Annie, AJ and Jamie. What did I miss?

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
So far , so good -

This is a decent story ... so far. It's relatively easy to write how the wound to the heart was incurred. The hard part is writing a satisfactory resolution . I will say that is ' one cold woman ' to leave the way she did. If the narrator has any real spunk - he's far better off without her.

Like the esteemed ( but, alas, inactive as if late ) author HDK , I'm reserving my vote till the sequel.

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
Really good

Very engaging. Excellent set-up. I liked your choice for how to present the narrative, just a nice added touch. I am wondering why the wife was so concerned about hubby's job loss (Worried about having to pay alimony? Worried that with him underfoot she won't be able to keep the secret?). What a sucky way to find out-a Dear John letter from the wife of 30ish years, with a plea that he not try to contact her ever again. Thanks for giving us a chance, bitch! Reminds me a little of the unfinished "Why," except with less mystery.

Honestly, I would have a serious problem with my wife having "private art lessons" with an eligible dude once or twice a week FOR YEARS. Especially if, after more than 2 years, she still sucks as a painter. Haha-I actually appreciated the low-key humor in this story. Obviously, you are a gifted writer. I'll be back for the rest.

I don't care if you drop the ball with the continuation (though I doubt you will, and sincerely hope you won't), I'll still give this installment full marks.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 11 years ago
Ditto to what Harddaysnight wrote.....

Can't wait for the next chapters.

Zed56Zed56over 11 years ago
Great Start

Look forward to future chapters

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
It bothers me

that his wife could so callously have a 2 year affair and attempt to shift the blame for her extramarital sex and sluttish actions and destruction of their marriage to her husband. Especially odd in this warped logic of hers when she knew he was unaware of the affiar because he trusted her to much. In my opinion she was obviously and an extremely selfish, self centered woman who very easily put her own feeling of lack in her life above all the people in her family and in her marriage. If I were to meet her later while she traveled bed to bed in Eurorpe with he self-described soul mate Ramon (probably a sexual predator but she was too dumb to see it and of course younger than her) within a few minutes I would see her selfishness and missplaced lust for a younger fucktoy and then become completely disgusted with her. I would of course just before leaving her, ask her when was the last time she talked to her daughter or had she forgot about her as she had her marriage and her husband.

Also reminding her in final comment, a good orgasm does not remotely mean that their is love when you fuck.

PultoyPultoyover 11 years ago
Waiting with a worm on my tongue...

...(with baited breath) for your conclusion.

Well started and you are an excellent wordsmith from past readings I've done of yours, so I expect to be likewise well entertained in the second or last part of your story.

You've done an excellent job of writing your reader into the emotions of this story. Thank you for writing it.

5***** from me for this part.

Regards,

-Pultoy

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Unanimous, so far

HDK seems to have said all the right things. Ditto works for me, too!

My only quibble into Hubby's last several years with Sweetie seem to put him at home much more than afield, and yet Sweetie still felt abandoned. Coulds easily been her and her new focus, or it coulda been the quality of his 'homework.' (or it could be me, misreading things!)

Waiting with bated breath!

Mousse9Mousse9over 11 years ago

Excellent start, can't wait for chapter 2.

Also, what a freaking bitch...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
what a sad story

and why that optimistic undercurrent ?

look at the facts: 50 years old and you could say his whole married life is a lie. he has to realize it now. she never opened up to him since she could not have more than one child. she went along until found something more exiting but even before she did not talk what really bothered her.

and don't tell me now 50 is young. most guys at 50 are not worn down maybe like their fathers or grandfathers but they are not 20.

so how can this turn to an erotic story ? well I hope he is not all of a sudden superman meating a 25 year old and fuck her to death. or is even after this experiance still the same trusting guy he was before.

well it was good written and I will be happy if you can surprise me with an explanation that is not out of this world.

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xover 11 years ago

Well written story about a truly sad state of affairs. The wife in your story is one messed up stupid woman. I hope the next chapter is all about how the kids never talk to their mother ever again and the husband meets a young or not so young female that treats him with the respect he is due. One question I will ask is if the wife loved her husband so much why the hell didn't she talk to him, not drop hints, really talk to him about how she felt instead of fucking around on him?

rjordanrjordanover 11 years ago
Unique setup

Unique setup and well-written beginning. Whatever happens next won't change the quality of this first Chapter so 5* for this.

MarvinSMarvinSover 11 years ago
Wow!

I was started to get bored with cheating wives stories. This one restored my zeal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Unique and Excellent

I really liked how you started this story. Very unique approach and well written. Looking forward to more *****.

Thank you for writing this.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
THE ANNI'S ARE EVER HARD TO COME BY

it takes a year of ups and downs. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
NOT SEXY AT ALL

I just could not get interested in this at all.It rambled on and on.Unless I missed something It was just not worth reading.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 THE THEME OF THIS STORY HAS SEVERAL OVERTONES

and since you are adequately sufficient I think you should continue this story. TK U MLJ LV NV

snakes454snakes454over 11 years ago
the whore must burn

Every pair of testicles on here demands Anne and ramon burn for this. Death is too good for them. They need a living hell in which death would be a welcome respite.

JonTaylorJonTaylorover 11 years ago
Jaime is Annie, Right?

Hey, HDK, when Joe plans the first trip for Annie and calls home to talk about it to his wife and daughter, AJ hands the phone to Jaime, who gets all gooey with Joe about how happy she is about the trip. That's Annie on the phone, by another name.

I enjoyed this story and it's original format. This allowed covering a lot of time and events with a summary-level narration. Looking anxiously for chapter two. I'm guessing Annie gets into trouble in Europe and calls Joe to save her. To the chagrin of the revenge crowd who comment here so vociferously, I'm guessing Joe does the right but difficult thing. Just guessing. Five stars so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
she is fucking around for two years and basically steals their finances

dont call me i wont talk to you. You copy her letter to every know relative and friend. Then you go for blood in the divorce and then if she comes back to the states with or without ramon you make her life a living hell. Hell come in many forms, sugar in gas tanks, potatoes shoved up exhaust pipes, broken exterior water lines, whispered stories to neighbors and church groups, raw sewerage or old dead fish dumped in cars in the summer. Nothing severe, nothing real criminal, nothing traceable............

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 11 years ago
Either the use of the name Jamie was an error,

a red herring, or a clue about the way this story is going to go. Ever watch "Fight Club". At the end you find that the two guys are really the same guy. This may be where the two women really are two women, at least in his mind...or the writer was sloppy with names?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I'm actually confused

I wasn't really keen on it; yes, it was well constructed but it didn't really engage me. Judging from other comments, I may be in the minority.

I won't be in a hurry to read the sequel, sorry.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Good Start

Now how do we get back at Annie for leaving? I'm waiting...

Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

My first reaction would have been to hunt her down and make her life miserable, but then again she probably wasn't worth the time and expense. If he was that clueless, no wonder she looked elsewhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
a funny thing happened on my way to comment....

I was thinking of a few ways this guy could burn Annie in the fashion fitting a two bit whore, when I had the idea for my next story. Too bad I have another in the works or I'd be going at the new idea now.

Because of my idea I'm fresh out of ideas for you so ill just say please don't have our hero be her hero. Burn her good.

Saxon Hart

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A very good story so far......

You have me spellbound in anticipation for the next installment. That's hard to do but you did it.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
I like the Second Chance stories.........

Interesting story I hope he could rebuild his life in the second part and he found a Second Chance woman. I am curious to his Second Chance woman........

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Thanks For Sharing***

Good read looking forward to the following chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A little bit

I'm a little bit confused on the whole Jamie thing, did you proof read this or am I missing something. Well it was an intresting read anyway so I gave it 4 stars, can't wait for the rest.

Ace4869

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Ditto --- HDK

The one problem with the structure is that we know that he survived. Hero series have that problem, you know there is no threat.... He will get through to a good place. There is no rule that says that the scales have to balance!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Unique revenge on the runaway wife

Make money on telling your story, let the world know what a cheating bitch she is and live a happy life! Thanks for writing. 5*

lakefrontlakefrontover 11 years ago
Unique Point of View

Refreshing way to tell your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Sending your wife out to travel on her own.

Is about the dumbest things a man could do for his wife. He caused the rift to grow wider and it could only lead to the ultimate end of his marriage.

Sending her off on trips, the concept seems so strange....

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosover 11 years ago
Lousy

Didn't care for the format, the story, the protagonist...nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great

Everything about this story was great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Is it Annie or Jamie?

There are three separate references to Jamie, not Annie, the first when she announced in the restaurant that she was pregnant. Past that, I almost side with the wife. After announcing how important family is, his actions were the opposite. Then having her take private art lessons with a guy? Any idiot would see where that would go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
rubbish

and you have the cheek to go on wanking out your verbose dull twattle..

you fuckin turd!

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Yep she is still a botch and no redemption

Period - even with the rest of the story -

Never even gave him a chance and knew it -

"Ramon and I have been sleeping together for about two years. Two years and you had no idea! That should tell you how far apart we've drifted. It was easy to fool you, you had absolute trust in me."

He did not drift apart - she ran away - he TRUSTED his loving wife she knew it and played him for an ass. He knew he did not understand but he knew - she fucked him good -

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
LIKED THEY ASKED MRS LINCOLN

but did you enjoy the play, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
hmmm

What a cunt.

talldarkfellowtalldarkfellowover 9 years ago
NPR?

The framing idea of the NPR show interview doesn't make sense. If they followed true to form, they'd have a "women's studies" writer on to attack his book as a chauvinist example of patriarchical literature, designed to propagate the myth of the unfaithful female.

And he wouldn't be invited to respond.

shadowdustershadowdusterover 9 years ago
Just like a woman

I will bet that she has been suporting her new lover, and he will take her money and drop her real soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
My 3rd re-read, and I am still as impressed as with first time.

If truth that every artist include some of his personality into his art, it tells me that you are very humble and lovely person.

None of that pompous attitude some writers excel in. Incredibly entertaining read. Thank you.

'annie'

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts At Re-Reading

For the wives complaining about their husbands’ travel, do they think that in most cases the husbands wouldn’t prefer to travel less?

And if they are so upset when their husbands are gone, why don’t they act more loving when their husbands ARE home?

“I know you've tried to get it [the excitement] back several times lately, but it was too little, too late.”

Maybe because it takes TWO to make it work!

“It was easy to fool you, you had absolute trust in me.” – So that’s how you reward him for his trust? You couldn’t reward his trust by TELLING him how unhappy you were, and work WITH him to try to fix things before cheating? Then, IF you couldn’t fix things separate/divorce before taking a lover?

And to abandon her daughter as well!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
500 annies

Comment at end of story. Stars at each break.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

maninconnmaninconnover 8 years ago
Qhml always delivers a winner!

Thanks for your tale! Can't wait for Chapter 2.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 8 years ago
Captivating

Felt like I was listening to the interview myself...

J

Rhsc1Rhsc1about 8 years ago
I Think

This is the third read for me...just as captivating the 3rd time as the first.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
20/20 hindsight

doesn't make up for the betrayal

1 Annie is bad enough

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Excellent story

5 for your effort and content

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Masterfully Written - and the heartbreak feels very raw...

My heart breaks for this character, and already (right from the jump) I'm in his corner and I'll be pulling for him.

I appreciate the compassion and care given to Annie's deep depression and sorrow over the years - I don't approve of her betrayal, and it's clear she has lots of issues she needs to resolve - but in a way, I'm rooting for her too. I doubt she'll find the happiness and care she's really searching for though. Not with Ramon, or anyone else - and not through world travel, no matter how much she spends... It'll leave her feeling empty.

She needs to look deep in her own heart. That's what the Joe Williams character has done, even though it's painful - it's worth it.

ChuckEPooChuckEPooover 6 years ago
Sooo sad

I was in tears as this seemed so real. Selfishness wears different suits. She had plenty opportunities to correct thing but chose an affair. She actually did him a favor. Now he has a chance for happiness

loragassloragassover 6 years ago
Screwed him on the money

She took out half of the house value, then half of what was left. What about his half of the house value that was still in what was left? So he maybe got a quarter of the house value?

jrphdojrphdoabout 6 years ago
Selfish Skank

Sounds like she took much more than her share of the assets and is just expecting him to accept the whole package of crap she left him in. Very sad. I think in his shoes I would hire a good lawyer, fight everything, try and find her, maybe go after Ramon. I would read the letter to AJ since he wasn't given much choice there and try and enlist her help, even a self centered bitch like this woman will probably eventually contact her only child. An atty. would be able to seriously fight the financial stuff, not sure what else but I would get a good enough one that was creative.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
corny, mediocre, american

one *

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Very good

How about we hunt Ramon down and make a quilt with his hide.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
He missed a golden opportunity

He should have countersued for abandonment and demanded everything back. If she wants to fight it, make her come back and face him. Make her earn her betrayal. Great story so far except for the heartless bitch which is what is expected in a loving wives story. If I had any negative comment it would be that he should have taken the quilting trip after his 'I would do anything for my wife' speech. Although it seems like that was about 2 years too late.

GymShortsGymShortsover 5 years ago
Fantastic

He obviously has become rich, books, and successful because she dump him.

As for her taking most of the money I think not. He gets the house, she signed a quit claim deed over to him. They lived in the home their whole lives and it's probably free & clear, or close to it. His 401k should be heads and shoulders over hers. He contributed to his longer, made more money therefore contributed a larger amount that was probably matched by his employer. She ran off with an ART Teacher who is using her till her money runs out. He ditches her in 2-3 years tops, alone, broke and in a foreign country. What a stupid cunt, or just a great fictional story. Well done qhml1, well done.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Second time as I know it gets better this not so good

He realizes problems and lets it continue

Doesn't want to go on trips cause boring

We married men and women do this anyway so we can spend more time together

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Sad

He and she both forgot that it takes both working at it to keep a marriage alive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Riveting story, but:

Just to correct some misinformation, the Chinese did not come over and take our jobs. Our North American captains of industry gave them (China, India, South America...) our jobs, on a silver platter and we, the sheeple, let them.

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 4 years ago
Hello Q,

I love all your work, FYI, Biltmore House is in Biltmore, NC. Grove Park is a unique facility as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
5 Stars

I Liked this Story even if it hit close to home .. I Also thought I could trust My EX . One born every Minute ..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A technical manual for understanding women

Chapter 1. How to self lobotomize.

Chapter 2. How to eradicate rational thought.

Chapter 3. How to make decisions based upon your most irrational emotions.

Chapter 4. How to blame all your mistakes and failures on men.

Chapter 5. How to cry on command.

Chapter 6. How to hold a grudge for a lifetime over something insignificant.

Chapter 7. How to use sex as a weapon.

Chapter 8. How to stab your best friend in the back, while smiling to her face.

Chapter 9. How to spend an hour putting on one item of clothing.

Chapter 10. How to spend 6 hours buying one pair of expensive shoes, and wearing them once.

Chapter 11. Free coupons.

OGHMNWOGHMNWalmost 4 years ago
Hooked

You got me hooked to read the entire series! Excellent writing!

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
sad story

But good writing, I have to quit reading these loving wife stories. still morning the passing of my wife last year after 40 years.....................

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Annie - In a Nut Shell

The unhappiness in Annie's marriage seems to stem from the fact that she’s just kind of a selfish asshole.

Husband is alone, writes a book for therapy and becomes rich, famous and adored by women all over. That'll show the self-absorbed, self-indulgent, narcissistic, garbage nightmare ex-wife what's what, eh?

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
It's really sad

Its sad when faithful and hard working husbands get betrayed by thier wives who spend that hard earn'd money to fuck other guys when they know when the divorce come they'll get half of everything...really it's selfish and hearthles.

Woodturner2018Woodturner2018almost 3 years ago

I lived this story. The month after we decided that I should retire, she demanded a divorce. Getting old isn’t for sissies, especially when you are on your own.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Dame

Fucking cunt. Two-timing bitch cunt. He was so blinded he had no clue. Read this before but do not remember anything. Go after her Joe. Fuck her and her lover up bad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Can't be sure if this is the second or third time through. We got divorced after 20 years - the ex just reminded me its been another 20 since then! (no, we didn't get back together but have been friends again the last few years - didn't see that coming)

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You wield a mighty pen sir...!

slobirderslobirderover 2 years ago

The wife's name seems to go from Annie to Jamie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

very good, so far!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow Annie is such a self serving conceited bitch. 2 year affair and not even bother to bring up what so-called unhappiness she was going through with her husband who did all he could for her. Giving her his full trust she willingly abused. People like that deserve nothing but the very worst.

NicealloverNicealloverover 2 years ago

The woman he married was such a bitch! Selfish and spoiled. The letter she wrote was so heartless that it demands punishment. It was a good build up to a promising story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If he’s leaving his wife alone so often she is going to think what’s the point I never understand men or women who travel all the time then are shocked their partners leave esp if it’s a new thing STOP putting ure jobs before family u leave ure job they will replace u don’t be in a position where ure family feel they need to do that too

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She got bored, so cheated on him for two years, then left him without a word of warning, abandoning a long and supposedly happy marriage. The term “Self-centered Bitch” comes to mind. Can’t wait to get into chapter two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, but who is Jamie? "Pregnant, our first." Answered Jamie proudly.

JacktacularJacktacularabout 2 years ago

Dear anon , about the name snafu. You try writing one of these and see if an "Oopsie" or 2 doesn’t show up. Just enjoy the good read.

Jack

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Gave it a 5 (although sometimes Annie is Jamie, lol) looking forward to the completed story...radar

joeoggijoeoggiabout 1 year ago

Ok I’m hooked. A very good set up. Let’s go!

HighBrowHighBrow8 months ago

Massive unnecessary details in this Femdom agitprop SAGA. I’ll give it one more part. I am definitely not hooked.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief5 months ago

What a kick to the gut! Seems like Annie screwed him over pretty well, cheating behind his back, taking off with most of their money and then not telling their daughter and leaving it up to him. Wonder if Ramon has money or if he is just milking Annie for hers? Guess I'll have to find out in the next chapters.

DuncanitaDuncanita5 months ago

3th read, still love it!

SorchakSorchak4 months ago

Not the first time I've read this, but it now loses a star due to Annie being called Jamie. Twice. If the title is '500 Annies', it shouldn't be hard to keep her name right.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I liked it. I was wondering who Jamie was though. It's a nice set up for what should be a good story. I had a feeling she was involved with Ramon.

NitpicNitpic26 days ago
Questions

He has to be away every other week,but there is no timescale.Why should she be bitchy about him being away every other week for a one off situation.Then where did the traveling a lot for his work come from ,the one off job would only be for a short period?.When the rush was over why would he travel a lot,he didn't before it?.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories