All Comments on '500 Annies Epilogue'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 220 Comments
chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Great Read*****

Thanks for sharing.

Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

Good ending to the story although shaving off Maria's bush is a crime against nature and should be suitably punished. The episode with Annie in Spain is interesting, as there is something seriously wrong there if you accept the character as written. Not a trained professional and I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, but Annie's behavior would seem to indicate some deep seated issues. Is she in any way based on a real person?

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
WHEN LOOKING AT THE SNOWFLAKES

there is always one for me alone. TK U MLJ LV NV

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 11 years ago
I did not agree with this statement

"Well there it is. A little slow perhaps, but I'll try a little harder next time." It was as close to perfection as one could hope for. The confrontation with Annie in Spain made perfect sense. Let us say you had a good marriage but got bored. Then you ran away to Spain with another. That other leaves you in a short period of time. Four years later your now very wealthy and successful spouse shows up. What do you say? What can you say? It only reinforces the negative feelings of guilty you have that come from throwing it all away. Silence is the best revenge.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
This story was pretty much Lifetime Channel Level Llt pablum for men with ONE EXCEPTION.

I really admired the depiction of the attempted tete-a-tete with the ex. It went against all my expectations, but when I thought about it, it made sense, by & large.

Was it congruent a mother could shun her only child? Well, life is funny. She perhaps lost her sense of self and began a descent after the daughter left for college . The choice was made to invest herself wholly to her lover & her art. Then when he left - just the art. I know artists of varying degrees of talent like this .

Family ties seemed superfluous to her & she became self absorbed. In my mind,

, she didn't talk because there was nothing left of the wife/ mother that used to be. Silence was the most eloquent answer to give absolute notice of this transformation. Very, very Nice ...that part.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Nice Ending

A little over the top with the Oscars and the golden globes but it added an extra notoriety for the character. A previous comment nailed the original Annie to a t. I'd just like to add in my inimitable way that she was a cunt skank. She deserves to be alone and on the move.

All in all, a great series. I look forward to more.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
The things we do for our kids

Annie proved how much of a low class slut she was and got what she deserved. 5****

FD45FD45over 11 years ago
Dear Joseph

You made my life a living hell! How the hell can I speak to the man who ruined my life?

My name was a public record. You put my goddamned picture on the back of your book! Did you know that your book has been translated into Spanish? Do you know how many English people vacation in Spain? Did you know your book was a best seller there as well?

Do you want to know how many times I've had someone ask me who I was? I've had to change my name, my shape and my hair just to have any sense of privacy. I've had curious people look me up. And then YOU happened to rub things in.

And you know what? I did it to myself as well. I started this catastrophe and you get to glide out of it as this super hero while I am forever theis heartless villainess. I'M NOT A BAD PERSON! I made a MISTAKE and now I'm going to suffer for it as long as you are famous.

Annie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Movie Deal

Ya know? Witth the right screen play and director this could be a pretty decent movie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great Series!!! 6****

Too bad there is not a special rating for outstanding stories. I have enjoyed this series immensely.

Very pleased you didn't write a showdown with slut Annie. Especially the usual dribble of "I made a mistake", "I'm so sorry", "Can't we try to work it out?" Geez it gets old.

This series was a breath of fresh air. Thank You!!

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
To write a Good Romantic Revenge Story is the biggest chalange for good writers.......

Naturaly I give 5*****, but the story became a half succesful Romantic Revenge story, because AJ's sadness was in the center of the story and not Annie's problem. The EMOTIONAL burnt down was not shown in the story only the exwife's loneliness. This may have been the center of the Romantic Revenge the loneliness unsucesful love relation, but to show AJ's sadness wronged the Romantic Revenge situation. In Vulcez excellent Romantic Revenge Story "Choices Made", where the egoistic mother and exwife was succesful burnt down at the end of the story. Or in Azpiri's "Shattered Ch 03." fantastic Romantic Revenge Situation where the Author burnt down the exwife emotionaly at the end of the story. Or a debated Author's story Matt Moreau's story "Madifan and Jessica Carlisle", where Jessica goes to the succesful Madigen after the TV talk show to admit her third husband and father of her children Jimmy is egzactly same man is as Madigan was/is (the majority of the readers do not detect the excellent Romanticf Revenge situation)............ Here the Romantic Revenge was not well written. I think after finding Annie only AJ should have start any connection to her mother and Joe gets information about the meeting and his exwife from his daughter. I think a mother daughter encounter would have been more succesful for showing the Romantic Revenge..............I think to write a Romantic Revenge Story is the most difficult, either the majority of the readers do not recognize or the the Author mix not well or spoil it at the end as Matt Moreau did with "An Unacceptable Situation ", where if the Author had not written the second wife's bank service action at the story end the story would have been the one of the best Romantic Revenge story (but it would not have dangered Vulzez's story "How are You?" at all). What is it like a good Romantic Revenge story? I recommend Coaster2's story on SOL (storiesonline.net) "Once Upon a Fantasy", or StanStar06' story "Love is for Suckers" but the best Romantic Revenge Story remains forever me Vulzez's story "How are You?"..................................

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 11 years ago
And I thought I could get carried away.

My fantasies can be elaborate, but this tops them. Winning Oscars, best sellers, once Annie left, it was nothing but clear sailing and money and fame. If she had left ten years sooner the guy would have ruled the world! I still question the format where this was a public interview. He discussed his wife's breasts and their love making, which seemed beyond the normal book discussion. Well written, except for that plot hole, in my opinion.

SirThopasSirThopasover 11 years ago
What it was

Amusing, mildly emotional. Unapologetically ludicrous. The very definition of fantasy.

Not my thing, personally, but it is what it is.

kelchakelchaover 11 years ago
Not Finished

Great story. Now need to know more about Annie.

Can understand how love for someone can cause one to give up everything to be with that person. People cheat even where the penalty is death for doing so. Problem with loving and cheating is that you don't really know the other person. A few furtive hours per week, most spent sexing, does not allow a depth of knowledge. When the dream fantasy of life together meets the day to day reality of living together, combined with guilt, there are bound to be problems.

Annie was conservative and constrained. Could it be that guilt and shame and an inability to stop the affair caused her to leave as she did? Was it self punishment which would not allow contact with old life? Did she put on weight to further punish herself and reduce sex appeal?

The best of the LW stories have an emotional punch. I think a story about Anne, as a guilt ridden wife who has to finally let go to face herself daily, would be wonderful.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 11 years ago
Amazing!

The format was certainly original, well thought out and perfectly executed. It was clever how you mostly avoided the detailed stories of all the Annies and Joes, yet it was the glue that held the whole presentation together.

Many loose ends and untied knots, but let the critics rant. It was entertaining well beyond expectations, and this Epilogue a truly unexpected bonus. You've not only set the bar high for other authors, but amazingly high for yourself.

Looking forward to you next story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
good story all around

.... but the middle portion was over kill. All of the sucess, contract movies, oscars nomination across the board, Required reading etc. A movie, award screen writer that another book and coporate speaker would suffice.

Nice touch @ end with meeting of Annie. I was able to visualize the meeting of te exs the scene vividly. Would like to hear some dialogue between her and joe but that my opinion.

Five for series this chapter low four

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Reading this was like eating salt.....

The more I ate, the sicker I got. Please let this be last installment.

The first chapter was great, I'll give you that. And then it dried up. I was hoping it would get better but it never did.

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Enjoyed it

The scene with Annie, the painter, was truly impressive, both as a creative moment and as a dramatic moment.

They should have included protect of Marie's breast from the sun's rays in the pre-nup.

Thanks for all the hard work....

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Cancer

QHML forgot to include the part where 'Joe' discovered that eating guavas and artichokes TOGETHER (same meal or snack) was an instant cure for breast cancer AND prostate cancer! No side-effects, cheap and easy (but a remarkably nasty taste-combination ... almost as bad as durian.) The Nobel prize decision was a 'gimme' the next year!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 11 years ago
WHY Annie could NOT turn around....

FD45 and KELCHA analysis or insight of Annie is somewhat flawed

The speculation about the reasons regarding annie's inability to turn around and face him and have one last conversation is pretty darn important as it is the key to understanding her behavior here.

The very act of turning around and facing him even if only for 30 seconds would mean that Annie would have to turn around and face HER decisions... catastrophically bad decisions as it turned out... that she made. Seeing pictures of her own grandchildren which seemingly would be relatively harmless ... would

FORCE her to to recognize that she cannot see them and/ or watch them grow.

There is a deep and serious character flaw here that no amount of therapy could ever possibly fix . Annie is such a weak willed and seriously flawed person that she is willing to not even acknowledge her own children and grandchildren rather than face the choice is she made.

DrPopeDrPopeover 11 years ago
My thoughts

This story was well written, developed in a good way with interesting characters and was of a very original premise. All things being equal it was a great story. But it didn't appeal to me personally. I just didn't like the guy and I don't know why. Strange thing when your subjective clashes with your objective.

Myhands316Myhands316over 11 years ago
Like it but....

I've read and like your story. It is well writen and has emotional impact. BUT... it doesn't belong in erotica. Granted you put some erotic scenes into it, but this is a basic loved, lost, love... story. As a story goes, it has a lot of merit, as erotica goes... it falls a bit flat. As for the comments about the orignal Annie, I thought that was handled rather well. Granted again you are going to run afoul of the Burn The B***h crowd that frequents this site. As a story I'd give it a five, as erotica, I could only give it a two. So I'll refrain from voting on this one so I don't sink a good story. I just wish there was a good site to put these well told, but not erotic stories on.

Keep writing

Myhands316

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
As he entered the dentists office......

he found himself surrounded by unicorns and a rainbow filled sky. Great fantasy story for all us 'average' guys past our prime. As for Annie...what comes after lust, bad decisions, embarassment, lack of self worth, and depression? Hated her in the beginning...sad for her in the end and in her probable ending. 5 stars overall but a prenup with 1000,000? Thanks for the read.

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
Psssssssst....

is the sound of the air going out of this story. Things just keep getting miraculously better for our hero. The epilogue at least had a couple of mildly dramatic moments-the pre-nup (basically a misunderstanding), and the confrontation that wasn't. It was ok. The wife became an even bigger enigma than before. Rather unbelievable.

Oh well....

snakes454snakes454over 11 years ago
too bad he didn't toss annie and her easel

And her crappy painting off the pier. Love this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good series weak epilogue

Rather than waste words on the fantasy ending with Oscars and the like, I'd of preferred a more realistic view of how he and Annie went wrong. How she started her affair and the what happened to her. They didn't have to talk. You could have (and still can) write a chapter from her POV. I didn't like Joe all that much at the end. No point in screaming at the poor woman at that point.

Try to stay in the realm of reality in your next story. I think the first chapter struck home because it seemed real. The story then floundered between filler and fantasy. Keep writing. You have talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
the whole series i would rate as a 4.5

as for Annie she is the original slut pig whore who ran off with a greasy slime ball and after being fed his slime for several months he takes her for what ever can free pussy when someone else is paying all the bills but not me can you say kept MUD HEN he is gone and she knows she is a used useless untalented slut. and JOE has set the world afire and rubbed it in with out saying a word .Annie is a worthless piece of slime and we only hope she receives her just reward oh ya she has.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
really good

story nice read and entertaining. there are only 2 problems. Nr. 1 another one already mentioned. he would be ruined by a good lawyer having the picture of the real Annie on the book cover. Nr. 2 comes with the prejudice, that is the biggest human myth, that women can communicate. it is true, men can drink without beeing thirsty and women can talk without having a subject. But.....you proved it with your own story here , women can't communicate if it comes to serious problems. Annie just walked away and even years after not a word not even to her daughter. And his knew wife ? At the first critical moment in there short history she already refuses him for a whole week . So as nice as the story was, so wrong it was also. All the decisions were made women. Annie , his knew wife, his woman lawyer and all the drama without a word. Before the spanish confrontation of Annie you could have made a perfect end to this story because without Annie this story is open. Now you rushed a bit this chapter and I really wonder how you will get your ass out of your own trap. :-)

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
loved that

the cow got fat, boyfriend left after nione months and she was so ashamed she hid, would not turn around, and did not even look at the pictures. burn the bitch down.

Mousse9Mousse9over 11 years ago

Sheer fantasy with the Oscars and such (going a tad overboard...). The final "confrontation" with Annie was...I dunno.

Personally, I think Annie was too ashamed to face Joe, and her daughter.

As for FD45's post, oh my gods, he's right. Joe literally wrote a bestselling book (and movie too) defaming her character and person (and putting her PICTURE on the book? WTF.). Basically he utterly destroyed Annie forever in the public opinion. She has become The Most Hated Woman in America.

Normally speaking, cheating wives do not garner much public outcry. Wife cheated on you? Sucks, but it happens. Unless you're both celebrities and every step is followed, the average guy and girl won't be up in arms over some guy's wife cheating on him. They don't know him and her, and they won't care.

This however...With his book, Joe MADE them care about it, and HATE Annie for the pain and suffering Joe went through, even though they have NEVER met Annie. I would not be surprised at all if years later, Annie came back, and some granny assaults her with her cane because she was recognized as "Annie from that book".

What Annie did to Joe and her family, CAN be recovered from (as Joe evidently did), but what Joe did (making Annie hated by millions).......how the heck do you "recover" from that? There won't be a future for her where her deeds are "in the past", because that book will still be there. No matter how many years pass, or how she's changed, she will always be "Annie from that book". It's disproportionately worse, in my opinion.

If I'm being cynical, I'd say Annie didn't turn around and acknowledge Joe because if she did, she'd freaking stab him in the face for destroying her life with his book.

BelgiumBelgiumover 11 years ago

Nice work but it still doesn't explain the ex-wives actions... that is a definite minus regarding this epilogue. As to the ex-wife… I completely agree with FD45 and Mousse9: Annie the Ex will be forever tainted in the public eye because of what she did… putting her photo on the cover was a bit of a mean thing to do… and might even have been illegal as it was done without authorisation of the depicted… could lead to a huge claim.

cw159cw159over 11 years ago
You know you are going to have to do it.

What was with Annie? As you wrote, men and women desert each other all the time. But to ignore the chance to see a child and even more, a grandchild she had never seen? Was she so ashamed that she couldn't face AJ? Was she such a bitch that she didn't care? Or was she afraid of her own emotions if she saw her daughter and granddaughter? Emotional pain that she hadn't been with them and couldn't be with them in the future? You've got to give us your answer so please try not to take too awfully long to write it. Please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
We need another epilogue

Where he has cured cancer or found the secret of life. This story really did turn out bad from a very good start. Ah well maybe next time.

Fighting41Fighting41over 11 years ago
Top Marks

I was of the mind that the story didn't need an epilogue but I am glad that you did end up writing it as it closed all the open threads of the story nicely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
What about Annie?

Loved the story. Only thing nagging at me is,,,ANNIE!!! MUST have closure!

njlaurennjlaurenover 11 years ago
the big problem is still the ex

She is a cypher,neither the bitch or the penitant. If she is angry at joe why snub the dsughter? It almost seems like she still blames him for everything that happened and has retreated into her own bitter world. Course we knew her affair was doomed,a spanish painter?Maybe her guilt from a repressed background caused her to break....but she is a cypher not a character and is irritating in a story full of out there stuff.

Others are right putting the exs pic on the book would never happen,the publisher would never do it without a release.....I don't think that is why she wouldn't talk to him,i think she is just a bitter wreck and blames him and the d for her f up.

For one commenter he doesn't say women communicate better,he explicitly says women need to express their needs,men can't read your mind.

bigguy323bigguy323over 11 years ago
Do they have "Homeless People" in the Socialist Democratic State of Spain? If so, then that's where Annie No. 1 should end up.

She has no socially redeeming qualities.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
How to organize a meeting?????

I wrote in my earlier comment. The meeting organizing was managed with awful method. AJ and her mother should have meet but the exhusband as the story showed. Not to react for the exhusband I can understand well. If AJ would have gone to meet her mother the refuse would have been less % likely...............Low % mothers abandon her children and grandchildren. The exhusband exwife encounter was a natural law catastropha and the Author only showed us how should not have organized a meeting. Annie decide on not react her exhusband to save her psyche, which was already injured her mistake....................Nobody wants to swim voluntary in the sewage water.................

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Meeting.............

Had I have AJ's father, I would have assisted AJ to pay the PI, to take everybody to Spain, but I would have paied a room for AJ and the grandchild in an other Hotel far to our Hotel and to organize the meeting Annie with AJ and the grandchild ONLY......What a different!

If Annie refused the connection with her daughter and grandchild I would join to the other posters about Annie's psychical state....................

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Apology

I am sorry: Had I been Father of AJ..........

user110user110over 11 years ago
regarding the ex

i agree with njlauren. i understand that the story isnt about her, but such a... rabid.. exclusion from the story is just weird. unless you intend to have her featured in another story, hmmm?

Sexywife104Sexywife104over 11 years ago
Wow

Certainly not what I would expect to read on this site. I couldn't put it down. Wish 500 Annie's actually existed and was required reading. Thank you for contributing this.

Jo

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago
It was ok

I would've liked to hear more about the ex wife, I understand the story isn't about her but it kind of is . I just think by it being in the loving wives section I as a reader would've loved to have read more about her especially in the end, the meeting with the ex was short & rushed while you took your time writing about Maria. The other issue I have regarding this story is what was the point of the pre-nup if the new wife Maria could walk away with everything he's worked for? It seems like a waste of ink as well as paper & time to me. The lawyer was right he should've protected himself more, I thought the pre-nup was moronic since he wasn't really protected, I also don't understand why Maria was do upset with him for the first pre-nup? If she really loved him & wasn't marrying him for his money what was the big deal? She'd get $1 million in the event of divorce, what, did she think she deserved more? Maybe it's just me but if I was this guy & I've been burnt by a chic I'd make sure my $30 million was intact in case of divorce.... Yeah yeah they were in love but people fall out of love all the time. These are the two issues I had regarding this story but I still enjoyed it even though it left me a bit unfulfilled.

cpetecpeteover 11 years ago
FD45, Harry in VA & Mousse9

All have fine coments about the orginal x-Annie.

Most posters also want to know "the rest of the original X-Annie story". You have a built in sequel/part 4/Prequel if you pen a POV from orginal x-Annie.

Does she think it was only a "mistake", what was her take on events as hubbys book took off? How did she justify her actions? The drama of meeting and staying mute with hubby at the peir....A lot of material to work with.

Hope you give us "5000 Annies -but one original" tale soon

thanks for posting

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
An Added Request

for a fuller picture of first Annie. Your story doesn't give her any real closure for her decision to declare to herself that Joe and AJ are "dead"! She still has a Spanish social security number, so let Maria and her daughters find her and have it out with her. There ought to be some closure there.

And using that name for your hero caused me (and I am sure some of the real Joe William's other devotees) to expect your hero to break into song at any time during one of the interviews. Thanks for a VERY good tale with some excellent advice on building good marrital relationships.

energystarenergystarover 11 years ago
RE HIV

Not sure if Harry is right, but Damn good comment!

phil2213phil2213over 11 years ago
wow what a feel good story

To start off with the original Annie is the 500# gorilla in the room that has not been resolved in this story. Her rationalization in abandoning AJ has not been answered unless we are to assume that she went completely out of her mind. Harry was the hero of this story and the story embellishments of his worked him everyway a story could. I felt so good that a man completely eviscerates of all sense of self could emerge to celebrity almost superhero status. The buildup around the central character went thru the roof.

The original Annie begs to have her story told. I can't imagine a character being so dark and despicable without being explained or redeems. This clouded the story and served as a distraction from the feel goodness of this story. Perhaps Annie could reachout someway in a sequel. Please qhml1 give this a consideration

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Almost

Unsatisfactory resolution with the Ex. Not realistic to have her be able to pack up and leave so quickly (big-time deposits on apartments in Europe), only the rich have that sort of freedom. Realistic for him to regress to passive-agressive joking with her, he should have gained the nads to walk around and face her, since he's so good at communication now. Her silence only fits in if she was a tremendous egomaniac who couldn't admit her mistake. Thats not an overwhelming theme in ch. 1. Except for that, good story, a bit much with the descriptions of the blessings of wealth on the family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great

Once of the best stories I have read on Literotica. Thank You

Mr WolfMr Wolfabout 11 years ago
Excellent Series

Throughly enjoyed all of these even though I only just discovered them, like your style of writing and the way you tell your tale keep up the good work.

5*

kittenkuhnkittenkuhnabout 11 years ago
Wonderful

One of the best stories I have read in many years. Love the set-up, and how it all ended. Keep writing, love you work.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 11 years ago
One of the better ones

Not sure how I missed this.

Damn good. Seriously impressive work.

Thx

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Absolutely wonderful!

Like your protagonist you are far too modest. Deserves "5's".

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Great story.

ANNIE? Whatever happened to that witch? Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Just win the lottery. Problem solved.

So basically moving on is easier if you write a best seller or equivalently if you win the lottery. Once you have the money, just buy a new love by throwing money at her and/or her kids. 3 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Absolutely delightful read.

Absolutely delightful read. Great plotline, outstanding story construction, and the writing was well done. One of the best stories I've read on this site. Glad you put the final chapter in from the wife's oerspective. Always a better story when both viewpoints represented . . . even if one is a conplete jerk!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
500 Annie's

A truly interesting story from beginning to end. Thanks for sharing.

xtchrxtchrabout 10 years ago
A Marvelous Story!

What a terrific story. I couldn't stop reading. I enjoyed the storyline, the characters, the conclusion, the entire package. I would like to learn more about Annie 499, and why the ex-wife never contacted her daughter. I don't understand it, but I guess the ex can leave her husband like that, but her child!!!

Thank You for this story!

FiftyshadesofmeFiftyshadesofmeabout 10 years ago
:)

Well written. Joe was really bossy though. Extremely controlling, I guess he could afford to be. The original Annie sucked. She deserved herpes.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
AS WITH THE PENDELUM SWINGING

it always has to go full semi-circle. TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Well finished -

You needed the final chapter - it helped end the story - even if Annie was a stone cold bitch. It is likely she regretted what she did and never was able to deal with it - then he showed up and she was riven back into herself without being able to say anything - no human could actually have been happy with themselves at that point - but she played it out and made no effort to resolve anything even when he held out the olive branch - so fuck her with a large dildo - do not risk actually touching her again.

Too painfgul for his daughter and she did not deserve it but it happens -

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 10 years ago
Enjoyable read...

Annie Zero is definitely a piece of work...

If you don't want to be with someone, a little honesty goes a long ways towards making you a decent person...

As she said in her letter to him, she took the coward's way out... disappearing with nothing but the letter and leaving him the dirty deed of breaking the news to their child...

So unbelievably selfish of her... it was like she took pride in the fact that she was cheating on him for two years and he loved and trusted her too much to even suspect...

Surprising that she was brave enough to risk an affair but not enough to be decent during the fallout...

abhinafiabhinafiabout 10 years ago
Relationships

Annie 0 is an unrealistic character however facts are stranger than fiction. Sounds practically biographical. An excellent read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Sorry - soft pedal

You write good and its free (lol) but, what happened to the climaxes, anti-climaxes, snap crackel pop, drama ? ? ? Hey I gave you a 5 but this could have been alot better, then I'm sure you could make real money with your efforts......bill

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 9 years ago
The Best

In my opinion this is the best story/series on Literotica. This is my third read and it is just as good as the first time.

SimplyMikeSimplyMikeover 9 years ago
Five really good stories......

Yes, five really great tales, each one a delight...... I couldn't possibly let you get away with less than 5*. Thankyou for a terrific read. qhml1.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5* most remarkable

tonnes of diced Onions , Gallons of pepper spray ... yeah that must be the answer ...

fuck!!, why does this guy make me cry so much.

xxxhugsxxx

TwistedOliver.

godbless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
didn't you used to be?

Good, tight writing. Garza, Galarza, Whitney. Didn't you used to be Rehnquist? Still excellent plotting and story line. Way to go.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Annie

SOME sort of explanation for how she could be so heartless to her daughter and grandchildren would have been nice. He probably should have sent AJ to see Annie rather than go himself.

I also don't buy the noble "She left me, but she's still your mother" baloney. I would never ask my child to abandon the other parent, but if she wanted to do so I wouldn't discourage it!

RezaGardRezaGardover 9 years ago
Fantastic series

I think 500 Annie's is one of the finest stories I have read and I read a lot of books/stories.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
The thing that I liked the most in the whole story

was the fact that the writer didn't let the original Annie do any of the reconciliation bullshit that most writers do. She was a selfish and hateful bitch right up to the end and I intuit a lonely and painful end for her. I agree with KarenE about all of the tripe about she's your mother, you should blah, blah, blah. AJ shouldn't anything, the hateful bitch abandoned her as much as she did her husband. Just the tone of the short note that she left when she dissolved her obligation to the both of them and left with the sleezy painter should have been closure for both of them. Her ego was reigning supreme at that time, she probably even thought she could paint. Ha.

I thought the writing was superb and enjoyed the ups and the downs of the whole thing. Really fun to get this kind of entertainment for free. Please write again.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 9 years ago
Excellent!

As much as I usually prefer to see the cruel and deceitful party get punished by the person they hurt, it didn't take anything away from this story when the victim just let it go.

As for Joe encouraging his daughter to leave room for her mother in her life, I can understand that. It'd be hard to do under the circumstances, but I'd like to think I'd do the same (at least to the point of suggesting there might be more reasons than what was in the letter and to give her a chance to explain).

A great story all around.

shadowdustershadowdusterover 9 years ago
Great story

I wish that Annie would have talked to her daughter, to at least tell her why she did not contact her.

I would like to know what she was thinking. What she thought she was missing in her marriage.

My wife cheated on me for over 40 years and when I found out she still denies everything,and keeps saying that I was cheating on her, that has been what she has done all of these years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loved it

The best kind of revenge is one inflicted upon themselves. Although not even opening the package was a bit cruel.

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 9 years ago
Excellent Story

I really enjoyed it but then I enjoy all of your stories. Thank you, I hope you get as much enjoyment out of writing them as I do reading them. I've been saving this one to read for awhile. I've heard others rave about it in the comment sections of some of your other stories. Unfortunately, they were comparing those stories with 500 Annies and they were coming up short. I have to confess that before I read it I thought maybe I was building it up too much and setting it up to be a big let down but even with all the hype I really enjoyed it.

After reading a lot of the comments it sadden me to see that a lot of the readers considered Annie an Evil Bitch. While I on the other hand saw her as a broken women. Broken in the sense that even though she had a great life she couldn't enjoy it. She wasn't satisfied and probably never would be no matter what she did. She was afraid to face Joe when she left and again when he found her. Usually, people like that are afraid their whole lives. She couldn't open the envelope because it would have killed her. She defiantely had some character flaws that were very self destructive and detrimental to her happiness. These are conditioned at a young age which she had no say in or control over. Of course, this is just a possible explanation and not an excuse for her behavior. My point is that many were condemning her as a bad person rather than someone that needed help or better parents and that's sad. Thanks again for the great story, it was very entertaining

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wonderful!

I read this start to finish and couldn't stop. If there were more chapters, I'd still be reading! An excellent plot line, lovable characters, not so lovable characters, what's not to love! Thank you, Mike

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
THIS PROVE THE OLD SAYING ABOUT

falling in and coming up **********. TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

“Her lover had left her in nine months, perhaps because of money. Apparently she was broke.”

So much for being her “soul mate”!

Even if we wanted to give a pass on leaving her husband (and STILL the WAY she did it was WAY wrong!) her abandonment of her daughter (not even looking at her pictures!) is just unforgivable!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
annie

This is a wonderful tale and I am not able to express myself to tell you how much I liked it. Please keep writing.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
once i started

after the first story couldn't stop until I read all of them. more couples fail because of nor talking with each other. my wife & I survived because we never went to bed not talking to each other . ours lasted 27 + years until she passed away.

Cutthroat90Cutthroat90over 8 years ago

Nice "theft" of Rehnquist's character (and plot location, too - Grant City!); I always like seeing connections to other stories!

Thought this series was well done, and I want to read many more of your stories. Please keep writing for us here on Lit!

tompo296tompo296over 8 years ago
Superb

To me the essence of really good story is when the reader has empathy with the main character. This you achieved in spades, thank you. When I read that Annie had returned the envelope containing AJ's growing up pictures and those of Bunny I did shout out 'The Bitch'

All in all an excellent well written story, well worth my 5* Bravo....... Next!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
terminally bored ... marginally intertained hmm

pack n a half of cigarettes and part of a fifth later it's almost sunup here... I'm sure someone can find something to criticize. At 70 I will allow Annie to live with her regrets, alone. No one can punish her more than she can. I guess I hope this tale is nothing but your imagination; however the characters took on their own lives as I read. As with some of your other stories I'm not sure whether to say thanks or be pissed off. You do have some deep thoughts and considerations I'll give you that! I can't offer you any advice about your writing skills except to say that I do read your stories and never know what to expect. I do hope you write more so I can be TB and MI - Scotty

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 8 years ago
Fun finish

I have to admit the awards for everyone for everything and uber rich this and super brilliant that got a little old.

The interview format was a lot of fun, and honestly I have to wonder if Annie 0 didn't off herself - she had to have been mentally unstable by that point.

That said it was great to see the happiness through to the end.

Thanks for writing,

Jason

ejsathomeejsathomeover 8 years ago
More . . .

More than 5 stars. Wonderful. Great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The last thing I expected...

...was to cry. To be so touched by a story that I began to want desperately to be true, was not what I came looking for this morning. I honestly was TB, hoping to be MI when I began 500 Annie's. Now, I've got to stop myself from reading everything else you've written and completely throwing away the rest of my day. Thank you. It was a brilliant, heart-wrenching story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A real 500 Annies

Roderick Thorp wrote a real fictional best seller "The Detective" published back around 1966 - with a fascinating "cheating wife during WW2" subplot. This was later made into a A-List movie with Frank Sinatra and Lee Remick.

But Thorp ALSO wrote a non-fictional book with this very same kind of format - interviews with wives, merely called "Wives: an Investigation".

I read it and found it interesting - he seemed to concentrate on wives who were less than totally faithful and never quite happy or "satisfied."

Also interesting is that one of his novels was the basis for "Diehard" with Bruce Willis.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013about 8 years ago
Magnificent!

What else can I say? A classic - I'm not sure what that means on Literotica but I mean it in the best possible way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great story!

A solid 5+

For those looking, here is Annie no. 1's story

https://www.literotica.com/s/i-never-stopped-loving-you

JimC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Average kids?

I would love to see this story continue to wear both Joe and Maria collaborate together on writing a definitive users manual for kids with special addendums for teenagers and preteens.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
This wrapped up some of the loose ends

but not all. I agree with the suggestion for a 3rd book, This time hire all 5 of his children to do the interviews and gather the field work for "500 Teenagers".

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
there is one more Annie story

https://www.literotica.com/s/i-never-stopped-loving-you

This is from the POV of Annie 0. For reasons I do not understand it is not linked as Also In This Series, or listed among the Similar stories. But it does make for some very interesting reading after working through life according to Joe.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Re-Reading

Why not send AJ to talk to her mother? Yes, it might cause her more pain to have her mother ignore her, MAYBE she would have a harder time ignoring AJ?

Topless beach - Unfortunately <wink> I have no experience with topless or nude beaches, but I always thought that they were clothing optional, that you didn't HAVE to wear clothes, not that you HAD to be nude or topless.

dissmissdissmissover 7 years ago

As sbrooks103x remarked... " why dIdn't AJ make the attempt to see her mum " ?

Generally a well thought out story that ran along nicely.

5 * throughout.

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 7 years ago
3 rd time read

may be if this had been out earlier maybe I wouldn't have been married 6 times L O L took 6 times to find the right 1 we had our ups & downs , but 27 + years together then she passed away . been a empty home ever since . on both sides there are too many couples say 1 thing & mean something else

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Loving wives

Enjoyed this saga very much. Not to complicated to follow.

fairway9fairway9about 7 years ago
Loved it

Good story I can respect and understand the hurt in his life. I had a wife come home from work one day and say she wanted a divorce. After 35years of marriage. She did not want to be a wife anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Really Enjoyed It

Read it 3 times now and still get misty eyed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Worthy

An amazing and inspiring tale. I cannot understand why this is not a published book. It has all the elements necessary and is so much better than most of the stuff I get from Amazon.

rereadrereadalmost 7 years ago
Loved every minute

I liked it so much i actually read a passage out loud to my spouse.

Thank you for taking the time to write it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8986 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

500 Annies Ch. 04 Previous Part
500 Annies Series Info

SIMILAR Stories