All Comments on '750ml of Buffalo Trace'

by Cockatoo

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc3 months ago

Ehhh - Not sure why it was posted here. 3.0*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So not a romance story.

16GaDouble16GaDouble3 months ago

Bravo!

Been to the distillery's tasting room. Bought some.

Loved it to this day....

lAnatomistelAnatomiste3 months ago

Never tried Bookers, have you? ;^) ;^)

Decent story

inka2222inka22223 months ago

Wow, a lot of wisdom in 750!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Buffalo Trace is impossible to find in NC. Try Benchmark also same distillery but sometimes in short supply as well.

xMulexMule3 months ago

3*

Less a story than an essay.

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban3 months ago

Made my 2nd pilgrimage to the Buffalo Trace distillery recently. Hit them three days in a row - Eagle Rare 10 Year, Blantons, and EH Taylor. We felt like we won the Lottery!! Especially these days with the lite rectal exam you go through to get in for the bottle they have for purchase that day. In addition, the Woodford distillery is a mile or so down the road from BT. It’s another distillery flavor profile I love - especially their Double Oaked. We took the various tours at both distilleries. Incidentally, there’s a liquor store almost directly across the road from the BT distillery. He had cases of Buffalo Trace, so I picked up 3 bottles of BT. I’m all set for a couple of years! If you like Bourbon, I’d recommend the trip. 5/5 BRB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

BT is my go to at $26 in Ohio and relatively easy to find. My fall back is Brothers Bond at $41 and I good with Woodford Reserve at $37. Old Forester 1910 (94 proof) is good at $57, but for my taste needs a splash. I prefer the 86 proof but I can’t seem to find it anymore. Last I bought it it was $27. I have a bar full of bourbon, my favorite is Blanton’s (any of them) but they are impossible to find in Ohio. I only have one bottle of Gold ($119). One of the few that I would pay that much for.

Oh, yes, the story. Loved it. Gave it a 5. Had a great moral that I have tried to live by.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat3 months ago

KY resident and bourbon fancier here! Well written and I can relate to way too much of it. 5*

green117green1173 months ago
Welll

I bought my bottle of Buffalo Trace at the little cousin Big Box store of the really big chain - $22. Pretty good, and cheaper than the bottle of Glen Moray 1962 I bought in the Heathrow airport in the 90's - long gone, that stuff is. And so -

I like your work - I've been thinking of the one that got away....I held out for the feeling that she thought of me the same way, or at least of the same weight, that I thought of her. Never happened. I'm very lucky she got away.

And yes, I did get the 750 ml in the 750 word story thing.

Your other long stories recently I'm either finished (the not cookie one) or am finishing - yeah, you can tell when they have lost (or never had) a real respect or feeling for you. I am a cat guy - and yes, the body language says more than a verbal sort is normally willing to give credence for. Cats get very close to the "I love you 'cause you feed me", but if you pay attention you can see that it is somewhat more.

Transcendence can be found in small things, and less than stellarly expensive drinks.

Green-something

(Buffalo Trace? Is this the stuff that buffaloes leave behind while walking around?)

green117green117about 2 months ago
to correct a parenthetical...

Turns out a "Trace" is a game trail... not scat deposits.

Who knew? So Buffalo Trace is referencing a game trail in the vicinity.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Green 11&, trace is an archaic word for a road I.e. “the Natchez Trace “ and it may be for horses only or wagons and combine with boats/barges. I have sat at my next door neighbors and drank Buffalo Trace on the Chisholm trail.

MasterJerryGMasterJerryG23 days ago

Buffalo Trace! Wow I find myself being one of a few who love the stuff. As for Pappy's well I have tried four of the five and Eagle Rare slaps the shit out of them. JMHO, But BT neat is my nightly go-to drink. As for the storie it was a great follow up to "February Sucks".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCockatoo@Cockatoo
These are strictly works of fiction and fantasy... that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Although these tales have been carefully peppered and spiced with snippets of the occasional real-life encounter, personal experience with trauma, or sincere obsessive daydream, none of...