All Comments on '8 Mile'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 176 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

The Prodigal mother finds a home. She is so grateful she makes the house and the man a home and mate. Good things happen to good people. Nice story.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver28 days ago

Too much fun reading.

I had to stop and take a break when I read "He was swabbing my deck like a fleet full of sailors"

Still laughing!

Great story.

HT81HT8130 days ago

Wow! Wish you were still writing, man.

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionabout 1 month ago

This has been thoroughly enjoyable story! It's in my Favorites. Well done! Finn

MythicArjunaMythicArjuna2 months ago

A man crying over money spent on a bitch he hates is the truest truism ever 😂

duepassioniduepassioni3 months ago

Awright, Stang. This is the first story of yours that I've read. It puts most of the stuff on this site to shame. It's great to see that your work is appreciated by many readers. (Forget the petty carping about this detail or that, e.g., "Why did it take 2 years for her to get pregnant with all that nonstop fucking?") Here's the deal. I have read a bunch of the comments, but I haven't yet seen a comment that marks off the distinguishing feature of this story (and hopefully of at least some of your other ones), namely that there is a clear distinction made between love and lust (we have both, and we nurture both, but they are not the same thing). Typical of stories on this site is that (and here I have to choose one genre to make the point) some teenage girl seduces her brother or stepdad; they get over their guilt because their lust feels SO GOOD and now they are in love. Really??!! (I am probably overgeneralizing, but you get the point.) It is NOT FASHIONABLE TODAY to build any story (any!) around the nurturing of a tendril of real love to its full bloom. Why not? Is it because then they will live happily ever after, God forbid??? Anyways, I don't want to say more right now. More than five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Seriously one of the best stories I've read here!! If only there was a 10 star rating because 5 is not enough.

Harvey8910Harvey89105 months ago

This was a great story!!! Five stars for sure!!! I loved the story and how well developed the characters were. By the end of the story, I felt I knew Alan and Betty. You are a very gifted writer and I loved this story. Thanks!!!

fredbrownfredbrown6 months ago

Tis my second read of this tale and it's still worth 5-stars. My question is, why does that 68 Mustang have cats, they didn't come on it. My 68 Cougar xr7 (dressed up Mustang) ain't got'em and it's as much a toy as that Stang. Waaay different engine though, 351C 4B instead of 5.0.......

End of Ford commercial!

Trill234Trill2347 months ago

5 stars but disappointed there wasn't a chapter of him fucking the tailpipe of his mustang

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Just read it for the second time and I loved it even more, almost enough to get past this weird thing that you have for mustangs.

NickTeeNickTee8 months ago

Well done. Original, heartfelt, different and satisfying

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades10 months ago

Great story, I have read twice. I miss your writing, thanks for the writing of the past.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

There was so much to like here that I can forgive the bullpoop ending & rate it 5 stars. I enjoyed it.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A bit disjointed in several places, one standing out blatantly was Sally referring to Dale's mom: "And the sooner we can get our own place," said Sally. "I like livin' with your aunt and uncle, but you know... A woman needs her own space."

Ok, all good otherwise, thank you for the great story.

GregJohnson1958GregJohnson195812 months ago

Why the heck would you have catalytic convertors on a 68 mustang

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Oh a long twisted read, but well put together, nice character selection, good descriptions, and that ending, did make me laugh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love can be two-faced at any given moment in time, Yet the pain it leaves behind last far longer than the memories that brought it forth in first the first place. Time is the one element that changes how we feel, what we choose to do, and to try to fix ourselves for there usually is no us at this point.

PrefshavenPrefshavenover 1 year ago

Lol thats a good one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An enjoyable fairy tale- a riff on “Pretty Woman”, but the ending made no sense.

BAnde53507BAnde53507over 1 year ago

Loved the story! The progression of the tale went slightly askew when Betty’s son and family arrived. Sharon’s death seemed unnecessary. A bit of backstory on why she came to that circumstance would be welcome.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Decent

Decent story,though I think it could have been told in fewer words.Also,how come it took nearly two years of fucking for her to get pregnant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoy the longer stories, this being a good example. The reason I did not give a five was the lack of Alans confidence, although understandable to a degree, was overdone. A man as smart, competent, decisive, insightful, sensitive, funny, a great lover (though over a small sample of women), would not crumble emotionally to that extent portrayed. The two times Betty's purported traffic death on 8 Mile was used lacked belivability. The antagonism between Debra and Sharon should have been developed further to create belivable doubt and suspense of outcome at the conclusion.

Chimo1961Chimo1961over 1 year ago

Nice jab at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I wish I could have given it a six.

I thought the ending was a little convoluted, but loved the Pretty Woman story line.

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Finally an author who writes a story with meat. Great story line great plot n great ending . Great job kno ur hard work was enjoyed n appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story except for the ending which seemed gratuitous.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You’re an asshole for that troll at the end haha, but other than that it was a great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story but the end was stupid.

Too much contradiction in writing when Betty was meeting Sharon and Marilyn regularly and then the end where she has been feeding and housing the skank Sharon.

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

Great story. Very humorous and full of love.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story. Please resume writing.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941almost 2 years ago

As usual another great story told by the master

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

My favorite story here. Too, god damn good.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Second time around for this one, a truly romantic story, and plenty of sex, a little to much for an old man.

JusteenKJusteenKabout 2 years ago

A wonderful fairy tale, thank you.

johnjoe92johnjoe92about 2 years ago

Was about to be a one star until you cleared up what happened to Betty. Five star story

LifeisadventureLifeisadventureabout 2 years ago

Well written with unique setting and full characters. Wonderful story full of compassion, romance, and love. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another winner. And that might have been the best final paragraph of any of your stories. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Couple of continuity errors with ages/timing

But other than that a really good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was FUN!

tlevanssrtlevanssrover 2 years ago

Damn I like your stories. It's well written. Has parts that make me laugh and parts where I could drop a tear. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Alan was actually married to Betty a long time before they made it official. She as much as told her son she wasn't leaving her HUSBAND to go to Florida. She couldn't get an older man, she was married to Alan...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A great story line that is well thought out and written. No contradictions as to what and whom the characters presented are,nor to any earlier sections of the tale. A believable story that made it all the more readable. This is the way fiction should be presented.

BufoAmericanusBufoAmericanusover 2 years ago

Thanks for a very well written story!!! I was impressed with the banter between the characters and the well written misleading ending.

Btrying2Btrying2over 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story. Was caught up in the interactions between Betty and Alan and how they enjoyed each other though both were so guarded. The son Dale comes off as such a loser of a person. How Dale could be her son is mystery to me. Great story in all. Thanks for sharing us. John

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

What a wonderful story, it was well written and had a twist at the end that almost made you think it was Betty that got killed. At any rate it was a very entertaining story that I really enjoyed. Well done 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A notorious hose beast. ahahaha, that's some funny shit right there!!!

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Fun and lovely story. Tear jerker and laugh jerker! The poor guy was a good guy but sure insecure around women. But they found happiness and brought new life into a loving situation.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

My first story from this author. Will not be my last. Well crafted going from high drama to subtle comedy. The ending was a tad scattered but certainly not a deal breaker.

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestalmost 3 years ago

you had an absolutely great story going and then just completely bombed the ending.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Excellent story. No issues with the ending, a little confusing but surely that was the intention. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful, tear jerker too. I really appreciate your writing style and ability...!

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Loved it for the second time around. 25 STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

STUPID ENDING WITH BURYING TGE WHORE SHARON.....STILL DONT GET EHY THE DUMB BITCH BETTY WAS ENTERTAINING HER.

DALE WAS SUCH A LOSER...RANAWAY FROM HOME AND SUDDENLY LINING UP OLD MEN FOR HIS MOTHER...TRASH

lerenardruselerenardrusealmost 3 years ago

I absolutely love this story, the ending was awesome. You really know how to pull heartstrings. Hallmark could turn this into one of their movies easily.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

I love these kinds of stories also, fate in meeting your life long partner, exes be damned.

Had an ex that got tired of me and wanted to fuck around back when I was in my late 30s. She divorced me, figured I'd never get married again. Two years later met and married a woman with four kids. They are wonderful kids, the marriage lasted 40 years before she passed. Tears.

jneric2691jneric2691about 3 years ago

It gets better every time I read this story!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

SlamnukeSlamnukeabout 3 years ago

This one may be your best story. An emotional rollercoaster with two broken people brought together through fate. A man with nothing to live for and a woman with nothing of her own. These types of romance stories always get to me.

Incredibly well done story.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXabout 3 years ago

I read it some time ago and it has been in my favorites ever since.

BabalooieBabalooieabout 3 years ago

Another nice story. I liked it very much.

Hardday1953Hardday1953about 3 years ago
Excellent

An unexpected plot, Question who can you trust. It seems the school of hard knocks helped Betty mature. Isn't true for too? Good job PS Alan is the hero maybe we can take a lesson from him!

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Excellent story! ...thoroughly enjoyed reading it! Thank-you

LNJones34LNJones34over 3 years ago

Really enjoyed this story. I understand that this person has not added any new stories in quite a while. I hate that. I love reading a story from a two-person split POV!!!

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 3 years ago

Wow, you put a lot of work in writing this. Well done!

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Good Story

Well the ending had me a little confused but it worked out well. An enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hahaha

Loved the ending dude

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good Story

Maybe one of SS06’s best. I miss having new stories by him. And by the way, Gooner Fool, don’t let the door hit you, etc, etc. A lot of us around here like the Stangster’s stories a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
StangStar06 Must Live in Ferndale or Hazel Park

No one has the right to label a human being a cockroach. I will never read your work again. One star...

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Cool...

Nice love story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Another would be nice

More about Betty& Alan, including more than 1 baby...

dthakerdthakeralmost 4 years ago

Whoa. Loved it.

Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
too many twists

The story was great till he got rid of the bitch first wife. Then you added too many twists and the plot got weaker and weaker and weaker. In the end i was wishing it would end one way or another. A good example of how to start an amazing story and a bad exmaple of how to ruin in the end.

Twists not always make a story better, in this case, they amde it worse..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I miss StangStar06

I know he writes... elsewhere but not that often. I hope he is okay. I really love his stories.

Mojo648Mojo648over 4 years ago
Review.

Liked it alot until the epilogue, then I got confused..... until the end of it, I think the epilogue spoiled it abit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Catalytic Converter

In a 68 Mustang?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
#1

Too too long. 3

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
WONDERFUL

This was one of the best stories I've red in here, funny and moving. 5 stars.

PaddyyddaPPaddyyddaPover 4 years ago
That reminds me

The vibro...circular ....thingy on my car is making a funny grinding noise. Can anyone tell me whats the best size wrench thingy to hit it with?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good read

Liked your story, how things come together. I'm seriously concerned, however, about your obsession with Mustangs. Not even a mentoon of a good Mopar, like the Challenger Hellcat. Keep witing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great story with

lots of funny dialogue. A couple of inconsistencies, but who cares? I liked it 5*'s worth!

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Not editor but shorten

I liked it but some could be cut

Reading is passion of mine and I like your stories as all writers some good some great some not so good etc

This one too long

But still liked as said earlier

Keep writing I will keep reading

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Seriously?

So I read all the reviews of a few stories. I haven’t read enough to determine if the plots are all repititous or not. But your sidebar about the son returning was just weird. And how can two people be so totally unaware of each other’s feelings and be so unable to communicate their own? And the “twist?” Arguably the most ridiculous ending of all time. Dude! You have talent. Just try and keep some form of reality in your stories. I am moving on. No more of your stories for me. Life is too short. I am sure your fans will say good riddance. Just I had hoped for more.

phfinaphfinaover 5 years ago
A story is as good as the ending

... And the ending wasn't very good. The story had its flaws, particularly the two-person split POV, which was ... slightly bearable, but the continuous obvious misreading was tiresome.

But then you jumped to the last chapter, the epilogue, and, frankly, did somebody else write it? The tone-shift was jarring, off-putting. And then you did the obvious and play with your readers: "Here, let me jerk your expectations and emotions around, because I can. Isn't this fun?"

It wasn't fun, nor was it funny. It was predictable and insulting to us, your readers. Don't do that. Your ending left a bad taste in my mouth of an otherwise pretty good and pretty sweet story.

Maybe play it straight, rewrite the ending and republish this work, because it'd be a much better story if both the tone and the telling followed what it was in the previous ten chapters. You indulged yourself. You really shouldn't have: it was mean, unkind, and unfair to Alan and Betty, and flattening Sharon on 8 Mile to get her out of the picture stank of Deus ex machina, and you're a better writer than to fall for any of this.

kisses, `phfina

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 5 years ago
Great

Excellent story, gave me a good laugh a couple of times. Couple of things I thought where predictable but really enjoyed it all the same. Well worth the read 5* but worth 10

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
ridiculous conclusion-jumping

Just a tedious, exasperating, endless series of foolish jumping to ridiculous conclusions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

All I can say is WOW! The passion. It is seldom that a piece can really move some emotions like that, but this has. It has been a wicked read, and I even paused my music and read the ending part in shocked silence, until I found relief. Keep it up and please write a sequel! If not the same characters, maybe something in the same universe?

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 5 years ago
Excellent Story; Fabulous Dialogue

The conversations between Betty and Alan are funny and very well written. This is an excellent story.

Ben4funtooBen4funtooover 5 years ago
Thank you

To the Author:

As you undoubtedly will notice I obviously don't possess your literary skills or talents. So be warned that I shall fall woefully short of praising your work to the level it deserves. You have woven together a wonderful tale that captured and held my undivided attention. I found myself laughing aloud, frowning, excited, frightened and otherwise completely captivated. Your words led me to form mental pictures of the each of the characters, the places they lived, the clothing they wore and even the mustang: "68". (BTW, I pictured her a "candy" red and your profile has her as "yellow". Author's prerogative)

I shall enjoy reading your other works and find myself wanting to ration them)

tinfoilhattinfoilhatalmost 6 years ago
Great story

Stang is a great writer. I've read a couple here and they are so well written and very enjoyable to read.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
Still a 5-star Literotica Classic in my book.

For me, one of the best crafted and best "storied" I've read on this site in the last 10 or so months I've been an active reader. But...

...In this last read through I noticed a couple of questions to ask.

1) Once Betty is integrated into the neighborhood, she becomes block president and takes over, and very actively, the social calendar of the neighborhood. She seems to pick up what to do seamlessly. Sort of indicates at least a middle-middle class up bringing and/or adult/married life. And is more indicative of an upper-middle up bringing (a class where there are a lot of stay-at-home moms since, for the most part, they don't HAVE to work vs middle-middle.class and lower I'd wager at least 75% of households requires a dual income).

Of course she is almost 50 (so probably born in '67-'68). That would make her a child of the 70s when there were many 1 income households among all the middle class, but the numbers were declining fast. She would have been young, and it would take a very observant 7-8 year old to realize what was happening, and what was required, for a block committee.

She was married about 20 years. Was she living a middle-class life? Is that where she learned her "social graces"? If she wasn't already proficient she had plenty of time to learn.

2) her son and grandkids seem almost hick-ish, especially the kids. And they are from Florida, so I'd guess very north Florida in the panhandle or Georgia border. But her son's speech slips in-between awe shucks country boy and standard educated American English, as evidenced with the near soliloquy in the garage when he tries to get Betty to go home with him. So reasonably well educated. The kids' speech is totally Beverlyhill-billies. If her son's speech has some southern twang to it he must have spent a good bit of his youth in the south.

Betty's speech is standard american english, and it never slips to indicate otherwise. So she is not from north Florida, or any of the southern states that still speaks with an accent of one sort or another. If her son lived in the south awhile, long enough to pick up the patter, did Betty move to the south at some point?

If her son grew up, at least his teen years, in Florida, and Betty had only been divorced and homeless for less than 10 yesrs she probably was in Florida at that time, UNLESS they split after moving to Michigan. I mean if she became homeless in Florida, who the hell would travel to Detroit knowing they will be camped outside in the miserable Winters.

But we are never given a real solid clue about where she's from, or her up bringing's social status. Nor where she was when she became homeless..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Just another guy

SS06, I am sorry to see that you stopped writing stories. I see comments that people make that express opinions as if the stories were historical accounts of what you have done. I like the fact that your stories are just that, things from your imagination that you have decided to share with us. Whether some of the characters are real, like Fred Mertz, or not or whether someone should be wearing jeans instead of shorts or whatever criticism you are subjected to is just ethugs with nothing to do. If these literary geniuses would just confine themselves to addressing the realism of Dr. Seuss instead of trying to "improve" your stories I would be much happier. Anyhow, sorry to see you go I hope someday your story bug will bite you in the ass and make you decide to continue amusing us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
WTH

WTH is wrong with you. Picking a homeless woman fucked her with out a condom n them laping her pussy juice.

Fuck you to get HIV or what? She was raped to add ...who knows what jind of venereal diseases those scums carries.

Should have fuck her with a condom...N NEVER DO ORAL SEX ON HER..Untill she is tested n come up clean that goes for bareback too.

1*

BoomerbillBoomerbillabout 6 years ago
What a wonderful lark!

I have always loved your stories. This was the best. Thanks for your talent and sense of humor. Five ***** and wish it were possible to give more than five.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great Job.

I laughed, I cried, and I've gone away happy. What more could I ask for from a story?

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
Too damn sweet.

This story is (for me) one of the sweetest, romantic stories posting. Finding love later in life with a suitable life partner. It doesn't get better than that. I 've read this story several times and it's always satisfying. StangStar06 is a terrific author. ☆☆☆☆☆

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
REPLY TO Anonymous05/04/17 WHO ASKED “Is SS06 still alive?”

Yes, he is... but you seem to've forgotten that he's stubbornly stuck with that Goddamned FORD so his time is dedicated to trying to get the fucking thing to start and then keep it running for more than six miles. "Found On Road Dead -*- Fix Or Repair Daily" LOL I've owned two of the things and they were nothing but pretty pieces of painted junk. (wife's cars)

After 213,000 miles, my new in Nov. '67 383 cid three speed torque-flite transmission '68 Plymouth Roadrunner was still castrating Mustangs. (and whatever else.. including Dodge SuperBees) The service techs in the dealership were amazed that I never had an engine or drive train problem. I had a specialty shop rebuild the distributor... that's it. I know it was good for all of 160 but I never had to go over 110 to be the winner. That's the highest speed it ever went... once... against a built and blueprinted 427 Corvette 4 sp. with two four barrels. He was out of gears and I was pulling out to pass him @ 110... in SECOND GEAR of an automatic transmission. He quit so I let off and didn't bother to pass him. If I'd had a tachometer, I'd have dropped it into drive at about 80 and shot by him.

I had a factory fluke engine and transmission... the first Roadrunner sold in our region. Plain white sleeper... looked like a State Police car...

I never got a speeding ticket but got one for passing a State trooper on a double solid line in a blinding snow storm. I busted that trooper SOOOOO bad for lying. His ears were as red as fire and all he could do was stammer, "Well I'll admit that there was snow on the road but that spot was clear and dry." I answered, "Like in a miracle! ... and that's why traffic was moving at 25 mph on a 55 mph highway. You were just a few feet behind me but you didn't turn your lights on to stop me for another quarter of a mile." Then I just looked at the judge, turned around and walked out of the courtroom. ---- I was notified that the charge was dismissed.

5 stars for an excellent story by an overworked FORD fixerupperman.

I WILL post this as anonymous. You never know how those foolish Ford diehards might react. LOL

calflashcalflashover 6 years ago
believable

Always enjoy Starstang stories but this one went off the charts with the character and scene development. Not a resident but sometimes visitor of Detroit, I recognize the scenes and even have been in the infamous Meijer

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
SS06 is alive

Someone posted a comment asking if SS06 is alive. He also posts stories on another site and the last one was post 12-14-17, a few weeks ago... So he is writing, but probably with the weather has his Mustang in the garage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One of the best

This is one of the very best stories on here (or anywhere) I've read hands down. Good work on this. No. FANTASTIC work! I've felt so many things and especially got super fuckin emotional when I thought Betty died. You got me! The main characters are awesome! Wonderful. The chemistry and how it all built up was superb. Like Alan gushes over his Betty, I want to gush over this as much as I can. I loved the vivid writing and how relatable it felt. Like you were there. Really experiencing what the characters were from looking through their eyes to feeling the emotions they felt. I love this story. Thank you so much for this read and taking time out of your life to make it. It's much appreciated. <3

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Omg hdkdodnfn

Please dont ever do that again. I was almlst crying wirh Alan.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous