A Beauteous Flower Ch. 19

Story Info
Madison learns what love and beauty really mean.
7.1k words
4.5
703
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 19 of the 20 part series

Updated 04/19/2024
Created 03/26/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tanemund
Tanemund
49 Followers

Chapter 19 - The Dinner and a Show, the Gut Punch and a Race Through the Dark

*****

Madison had thought to paint, powder and perfume every inch of her body, but as the day wore on, Madison's muddled mood caused her to decide on a more natural look. She still used plenty of her favorite nighttime perfume, but she didn't paint on her smokey bedroom eyes as she had originally intended. Instead, she went with simple eye liner to accent her eyes as Deva would have done. She stuck with subtle and nude tones and for a dramatic touch she put on red lipstick to match the blood red nails on her fingers and toes and some thick black mascara to lengthen her eyelashes. When she looked in the mirror, her hair and her make up worked well for her.

Still, Madison didn't feel right. She felt depressed and frightened and that would not do if she hoped to reach Daniel's heart and she wished for some magic like that night in the garden, like in the cabin. A sultry and sexy and mysterious mood that would allow her to cast a night spell of love. She thought maybe a little music would help, so she scrolled through her playlist on Spotify until she found "Rhiannon". Even though she didn't entirely like Daniel's taste in music, through him she had discovered Stevie Nicks and with a few clicks she dialed up "Rhiannon".

The thick bass line oozed into the room and Madison allowed the music to move her into a slow undulation of dance. Arms out to her sides and head back, Madison spun slowly in time above the buttery rhythm. The raspy vocals, darkly vulnerable and feminine, flowed above the meld of instruments, and Madison closed her eyes and willed herself into Daniel's arms.

"Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night

And wouldn't you love to love her?

Takes to the sky like a bird in flight

And who will be her lover?

All your life you've never seen

Woman taken by the wind

Would you stay if she promised you heaven?

Will you ever win?

She is like a cat in the dark

And then she is to darkness

She rules her life like a fine skylark

And when the sky is starless

All your life you've never seen

Woman taken by the wind

Would you stay if she promised you heaven?

Will you ever win?

Will you ever win?

(Rhiannon)

(Rhiannon)

(Rhiannon)

(Rhiannon)

She rings like a bell through the night

And wouldn't you love to love her?

She rules her life like a bird in flight

And who will be her lover?

All your life you've never seen

Woman taken by the wind

Would you stay if she promised you heaven?

Will you ever win?

Will you ever win?

(Rhiannon)

(Rhiannon)

(Rhiannon)

Taken by taken by the sky

(Ah-ah)

Taken by taken by the sky

(Ah-ah)

Taken by taken by the sky

(Ah-ah)

Dreams unwind

Love's a state of mind

Dreams unwind

Love's a state of mind."

When the music stopped, Madison opened her eyes and looked in the mirror.

"And wouldn't you love to love her," she whispered to her reflection.

With her spell cast and satisfied with her hair and makeup, Madison went to the closet and shimmied nakedly into the red silk dress. The effect was exactly as she hoped. The double slits showed off her toned and tanned thighs and the simple, monochromatic red highlighted her face and centered attention on her eyes. The Madison in the mirror looked mysterious and magically feminine, like a witch. She turned this way and that in front of the mirror and then struck a dramatic pose like she had cast a spell.

"He loves me!" she said in a sultry whisper to her reflection.

Her look and the music gave her confidence and with her confidence up, Madison's mood rose as well. She slipped into her black pumps and gave herself a once over in the mirror. Once again Deva had nailed it, and Madison felt as sexy as she looked and she determined to own it for all she was worth. With another spell cast pose and a snap of her red tipped fingers, she strutted out of her bedroom to the top of the stairs to make a dramatic sweep of an entrance.

Daniel waited for her at the landing. He wore an impeccably tailored black suit and held a dozen pink roses. Madison floated down the stairs to him as gracefully as her ballet training allowed, and at the bottom of the stairs, Daniel offered her the roses and his hand with a small bow. His face showed a look of appreciation, and that pleased Madison. As always, Daniel made Madison feel like he noticed every ounce of effort she had put in to looking her best.

"Shall we, my lady?" Daniel questioned as he draped her bare shoulders with her favorite wrap of black faux furs.

"My pleasure, sir," Madison responded with a truncated curtsy to avoid exposure too early in the evening. Her sultry game of hide and seek under Daniel's gaze was intensely erotic. Now that she was with him, she couldn't wait for the world to see them together.

A short car ride brought them to Bistro Chardenoux. Daniel opened her door and she carefully slinked out, so as not to flash the entire restaurant. Daniel flipped the car keys to the valet as he offered Madison his left arm. Madison daintily slipped her arm through his and gave him a sparkling smile in return. Together they strolled into the restaurant just five minutes late for their reservation. That hardly mattered as the unctuous maître d' awaited them and made a fluttery show of welcome for the distinguished guests of the evening. Madison nodded gratefully to the maître d' as he personally escorted them to a table for two positioned so that there were walls on three sides of them for maximum privacy in the busy dining room. Daniel pulled out her chair and removed the fur from Madison's shoulders as she sat. She neatly tucked her legs under the tablecloth to avoid a provocative presentation to the other guests in the dining room and accepted the offered menu.

"We are so happy to host you here at Bistro Chardenoux!" the maître d' fawned in his fake French accent. "Anything we can do to make your experience with us enjoyable, please let us know."

Madison shot moon eyes at Daniel.

"How about some Champagne?" Madison cooed for Daniel. "After all, it's a celebration!"

The maître d' fawned again as Daniel slipped him a discrete and robust tip.

"I will send the sommelier immediatement, Monsieur!" gushed the maître d' with an oily grin.

Madison reached across the table and Daniel took her hand. For a few candlelit moments Daniel and Madison silently gazed at each other until the sommelier interrupted with a gentle cough.

"Bonne soiree, Madame et Monsieur!"

Daniel never took his eyes from Madison.

"Good evening, Garcon. A bottle of Armand de Brignac Ace of Spades Demi-Sec, please."

The sommelier raised a hesitant eyebrow at the request, so Daniel looked up at him and nodded in confirmation. The sommelier disappeared as deftly as he had appeared, and Daniel's eyes returned to Madison.

"He expected me to order some Brut champagne, but instead I ordered Demi-Sec and that threw him for a second."

Madison wasn't sure what that meant, but before she could ask, Daniel simply explained.

"Demi-Sec is sweeter champagne than Brut, and this particular champagne is pink," Daniel winked. "But don't worry. It's expensive, so he won't mind."

Madison beamed. A double flattery with one choice. As the sommelier produced the bottle and poured out their first glass of the evening, she shot Daniel a dazzling smile.

"To us," Madison chimed cheerfully.

Daniel raised his glass and inclined his head.

When the hors d'oeuvres arrived, Madison finished her glass of champagne. The sweetness of tiny bubbles popped in her brain, and she became coquettish. She batted her eyes and gave Daniel pretty glances from behind her curled curtain bangs, buzzed enough to be flirty, but not buzzed enough to get sloppy. It wouldn't do to get drunk and pass out on Daniel tonight, so she moderated her alcohol consumption to maintain a light buzz.

Between the salad and the main course, Daniel excused himself, and Madison started another glass of champagne. Madison couldn't remember how many glasses of champagne Daniel drank, but it probably wasn't more than one. Daniel wasn't much of a drinker, but that didn't matter because Madison preferred that he was sober for what she had in store for him later that night.

Madison still had hopes that she could steer this evening into bed and in accordance with what she had in mind, Madison posed herself for his return. She pulled her legs from under the tablecloth and crossed them right over left, so that the double slits exposed her legs while she pinned the dress between her thighs to cover the grand prize. So positioned she popped a heel out of her right shoe and let it dangle from her toes. Every eye in the restaurant settled upon her; lascivious sidelong glances of the men and cool catty stares of the women. Madison didn't care. She was here for Daniel, and she wanted his eyes on her.

Daniel appeared across the restaurant and as he adjusted his cuff links, he glanced up and caught sight of her. Through her bangs, and she noted that when he saw her, he paused. Madison gently kicked her right foot, which caused the shoe to rock slightly as it dangled from her toes. When she raised a steady gaze to him and gave him her best "I'm-all-yours" look, Daniel nodded a smirk of appreciation and blew her a kiss. Madison placed her hand on her heart and puckered her lips to receive it.

Daniel resumed his seat just as the salads arrived and Madison neatly slipped her legs back under the table. Her display had the desired effect and she and Daniel, despite the crowded dining room, were alone in the own bubble. Secretly under the tablecloth, Madison slipped her feet out of her shoes and stroked Daniel's calf with her bare toes. He paused with his salad fork midway between his salad and his mouth and smirked down at his salad with the slightest tremor. Meanwhile, Madison stirred her salad around the plate to make appear that she had eaten some of it lest the evening get sidetracked by a belly ache.

Several sumptuous courses took close to three hours to present, and a substantial amount went into some doggy bags. After dessert Madison put her feet back in her shoes and excused herself to the lady's room. While she was there, she refreshed her lipstick and mascara and checked to make sure there were no unsightly creases in her dress.

"He doesn't stand a chance, does he?"

An elderly gentlewoman in the mirror nodded a knowing smile to Madison.

"You look like a million, my dear," the gentlewoman chimed. "He's a lucky man."

Madison blushed a touch, like her grandmother had caught her in an inappropriate moment at a church function.

"I'm the lucky one," she stammered.

The elderly woman gave Madison the half-narrowed eyes of someone who didn't quite believe her.

"Well, no matter. You look magnificent, dear. He's captivated by you."

"Really? You think so?

"I've never seen Daniel flustered before. He's always so cool and collected."

Madison was a little stunned and it showed on her face.

"Oh, don't be surprised, dearest. He's very popular around here, but only a very few can get him to appear at their parties and functions. He did come to one of mine though. Three Christmases ago. I'm Abagail and my husband is David. We live on the other side of town. We're great fans of his; both as an author and a photographer, but we're even greater admirers of him personally. He's such a good person, and a real charmer!"

Madison returned the elderly woman's smile gratefully and she leaned closer as if to share a secret with Madison.

"He's all yours, dear. Don't let him go!"

"I don't intend to."

Madison left the bathroom flush with giddy glee. Daniel waited at the door, and she couldn't help but grin. He looked so good; tall, calm, and warm. Madison flushed a little as a stray sexual thought scuttled across her mind. She halted to let it pass and posed for Daniel's attention. Once he looked away from the maître d', who fawned appropriately over Daniel's generosity, Daniel gave her a double take smirk. She puckered her lips at him again, put on her best runway strut and gave everyone in the restaurant a perfect demonstration of how work a double slit dress with no underwear and not expose oneself. Daniel offered her his arm and led her to the car.

The ride home was quiet and sultry. Madison crossed her ankles and let her left thigh show through a slit. Daniel didn't take his eyes off the road but laid his square right hand on her and gently stroked the inside of her thigh. Madison purred a little pleasure and Daniel's hand advanced a little closer to the goal, but Madison studiously kept her legs crossed. She didn't want car sex like some teenager on a Saturday night McDonald's date. Tonight, when she gave it up, she wanted to be in their home as husband and wife. Still Daniel's hand felt luscious on her bare thigh and Madison tingled with anticipation. One way or another, Madison was going to get her Daniel back, no matter what it cost.

*****

When they arrived at the lake house, Madison didn't give Daniel a chance to escape her. When he opened her door, she artfully mesmerized him with a flash of her nakedness and led him by the hand to the back door. There she landed the first of what she hoped would be many passionate kisses of the evening. The second of those kisses occurred with her back pressed against the door and Daniel's hands on her hips. When Daniel finally managed the door, Madison drew him inside and closed the door behind them with a thrust of her hip.

"Almost there!" she thought to herself.

The momentum of their touches built steadily, and she didn't want it to stop. Daniel left his jacket and tie in the kitchen and Madison slipped her shoes off as they entered the living room. As she led him to the stairway, she worried open the buttons on his shirt, but before they could mount the stairs, he gave the first sign of resistance. Madison encouraged Daniel with another passionate and shamelessly sexual kiss.

"Stay with me, Daniel," she hissed in hot breathy tones. "Be with me."

Daniel kissed her back with verve.

"I love you, Daniel."

Again, she felt him pull back from her touch.

"It's OK," she whispered into another kiss. "It's OK. Go with it."

Daniel's lips parted from hers and his dusky green eyes sighed desire. His face showed his internal struggle for control and then the walls went up in his eyes and he stepped out of Madison's embrace.

"Oh, no...," Madison moaned forlornly.

Daniel shook his head to clear the tense, sexual fog around them, and Madison's heart dropped. She could no longer put this off. All that was left was to fight.

How could he do this to her? How could he be so cruel as to make her be cruel to him? How dare he keep her in abeyance and not allow her to care for him, to heal him, to save him? Wasn't that what he wanted and needed and hoped for? Why wouldn't he allow her to return the warmth she drew from him? Why wouldn't he let her love him? Why did it have to come to this?

A terrible anger flared in Madison's heart: Anger at this situation and what had brought her to this pass; anger at the expectations that weighed on her since puberty; anger at the people that gave her those expectations; anger that those expectations inevitably led her to predatory men like Miles and Steve; anger that she had pursued men like Miles and Steve rather than men like Todd, like Daniel; anger that she had wasted time in pursuit of men like Miles and Steve; anger that because of her experience with men like Miles and Steve she felt that she didn't deserve men like Todd, like Daniel; anger that the pursuit of high value men had cost her chances with men like Todd, like Daniel; anger that only now she had learned to tell the difference between pretty and beauty; anger that only when it was too late and her marriage lay in shambles around her did she finally understand love. As all of that anger swirled like a firestorm in Madison's heart, intense and wild, it sought a target.

Daniel.

She was angry at Daniel. Daniel who defied those expectations, who made her doubt her choice to pursue high value men, who made her detest those high value men because he had shown her kindness and calm and patience and compassion and all the things she never knew she needed until he gave them to her, who made it safe for her to live out her fantasies, and to be silly and romantic, who had awakened a desire to care and to heal and to love in Madison and now would not let her express that desire to him, for him, with him. Madison loved Daniel, but he wouldn't let her love him and that filled her with a rage unlike any she had ever known. Rage at Daniel. Madison's eyes took on a hard edge which she reflected in her voice.

"OK, Daniel," she said with a sob which belied her ire. "That's it. I give up."

Daniel looked confused.

"What?"

"I give up!" Madison cried at him. "I can't do this anymore!"

Daniel shook his head in confusion.

"Do what?"

"Do this! Whatever this crippled thing is between us! I can't do it anymore!"

"Madison...."

Madison's anger locked on like a heat seeking missile and it bore in on its target with deadly accuracy. She cut him off with a harsh chop of her hand.

"No, Daniel. I've waited and waited for you to talk, but you never did. Now you listen to me!" Madison sobbed through hot tears of wrath. "I love you so much, and I'll do anything, anything, to keep you, but you won't let me!"

Daniel's face wavered. His eyes showed the cracks in the dam and for the first time Madison could remember, Daniel's intelligence failed him. She watched him cast about for a rejoinder or a way to deflect the attention from himself, but not this time. Madison gave him no time to recover.

"You're the best man I've ever known! I'm so lucky to have you, but I can't continue in this holding pattern you've got me in!"

"Holding pattern?" Daniel staggered.

"Yes! You mope around and wallow in this pain and I feel just awful and scared all the time! I walk around on eggshells! I'm so scared you'll leave! Daniel, I can't live like that anymore! I can't eat! I can't sleep! I can't even breathe right! All I want is you and you keep me at arm's length!"

"Madison...."

"Don't you see? I'm scared it's over and you just can't tell me!"

"Over? No... but...." Daniel's frame shook with barely contained emotion as Madison upped the stakes.

"Then why do I feel like it is? I don't have a marriage anymore! I don't have you! I live with the shell of the man I love! You're still there and I can see you, but it seems like there is nothing inside of you and I can't take it anymore!"

Madison stepped back from Daniel. She had rehearsed this scene in her mind, but now that she was in it, she was lost. Words ran out of her mouth so fast she couldn't keep up with the script, but she could not give him any chance to recover. Daniel, the culmination of all her unspoken hopes and dreams, was right in front of her and it was the only chance she had.

"You can't treat me like this anymore, Daniel! Tell me what you want me to say! Tell me what you want me to do! I'll say it! I'll do it! Just don't leave me in limbo anymore! On the one hand you tell me you love me, and on the other, there is a divorce over my head like the Sword of Damocles!"

Daniel looked startled by her reference.

"Yeah, you're not the only one that can read, Daniel! I'm tired of this push pull game! Either I'm your wife or your ex-wife! Pick one, for God's sake! I want so desperately to be your wife! To be with you forever and have a family and a home! I want that so bad my heart aches! But I can't have it because you won't give it to me! You tease me with it and then cruelly yank it away before I can reach it!"

Tanemund
Tanemund
49 Followers
12