All Comments on 'A Beggar's Nap'

by angiquesophie

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
stroudlestroudleabout 6 years ago
Sweet Eva

Beautiful story telling drew me from the start. So sad for Sarah .

Clara seems like a bitch and wants Eva so Sarah carnt .

its a case of style and love over substance and money , Style and love should win every time , but sadly not always the case. Such is life.

5 stars.

jenorma2012jenorma2012about 6 years ago
Great story

so they say money can't buy you love, so what did Eva do did she stay with Clara or did she go with Sarah, I hope there is another part to this story

Nr1cowgirlNr1cowgirlabout 6 years ago
And then......what????

I think one of the most maddening parts in a story arc is when the arc is not completed. This piece here is a prime example of leaving the reader with more questions than answers. Will there be a continuation...or is this all we get?? Do we visualize our own endings or will the author finish her own story. That, basically, is the question before the jury! When can we expect answer??

LaRascasseLaRascasseabout 6 years ago
Short, swift, brutal

Loved it. Loved how much emotion and wordplay you put in 1 page and how much was left unsaid.

BasicSaidaBasicSaidaabout 6 years ago
Skill and emotion

Strong emotion requires stories with real people. The people in your stories live lives outside anything I would encounter, but they still seem incredibly real to me. I think your ability to put us in a place is fantastic, and the dialog we hear feels authentic. It makes the story very powerful, I think.

Thank you for writing these stories and putting them here for us to enjoy.

King_WillieKing_Willieover 5 years ago
I dunno...

It felt like you rushed through this one.

Your characters are usually more human and relatable, these felt more like cylons (the By-Your-Command 1970s ones).

LunaDoggyLunaDoggy4 months ago

FANTASTIC! Full of raw emotion as the unequal 'power struggle' takes shape. Thoroughly ENJOYED reading this. Well done.

Jalibar62Jalibar62about 2 months ago

I was still listening to Verklärte Nacht when I read this story. Somehow, at least for me, it fits here too.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userangiquesophie@angiquesophie
42 years ago I was born near Brussels, the Belgian capital. Since my 15th birthday I live in Amsterdam, where I own a small fashion atelier. We specialize in custom designed corsets and assessories that cater to the exclusive tastes of a wealthy, discreet clientele with a cert...