A Birthday Present - 003

Story Info
A birthday rolls around. Surprise presents make it special.
5.1k words
4.5
2.5k
1
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
EROSSIR
EROSSIR
392 Followers

Peggy was watching the group around here carefully. She heard Tig somewhere behind the group of men.

"We ready. Do that cunt."

The men started to move forward when the door at the top of the stairs burst open and two or three objects came hurling through the dark opening. Peggy squeezed her eyes shut tightly and waited. When the three flashbangs went off, the concussion and the light were devastating. Peggy, still bound to the post, felt more than heard the concussion. The earplugs she was wearing prevented the devastating effects of the noise. The concussion still left her somewhat affected. She had seen the light through her closed eyes, but it had not materially affected her.

She felt hands at her wrists and then the ropes fell away from around her. A strong arm guided her through the fog and smoke. As she was led up the stairs, she managed to look back to see four heavily armed men with night vision and body armor, separating the men into two groups. The arm holding her urged her up the steps and out of the building where a non-descript van waited to whisk her away to Abe's townhouse.

I saw her enter the townhouse. She appeared not seem to be concerned about what had just happened. She strolled through the house and gave everyone a smile. Then she turned to me and put a hand on my shoulder and one on my hip.

"Richard says to come back with the van."

I nodded and accompanied the man who had brought Peggy into the townhouse. We climbed into the van and headed back. Downstairs, in the basement, it was a different scene than what I expected. The basement was now well lit. Along the back wall, there were twenty or so men, all stark naked, sitting against the wall. There was not an erection among them. Three men holding rifles stood watching them. At the far end of the basement, huddled a group of 8 men. It was Tig, his brothers, father and the others who were part of his group. I recognized several of them including the man who had sat with me two years ago. I rubbed the stub of my little finger.

Two armed men watched this smaller group. Among them was Richard. Another man, making the eighth member of Richards' team, was holding a video camera. I watched and listened as Richard narrated, identifying each of the persons sitting on the floor. Tig was still blustering, threatening to hunt everyone down. Richard stopped in front of Tig.

"For all of you who want to watch this tape, this is Tig, the instigator and leader of this worthless horde of miscreants. He is still threatening all of us without any regard to the situation he is now facing. Let me explain to him the situation.

Tig, you have made a career of destroying people and lives. You thought you were invincible with money, power, and knowledge. Now you are about to understand what real power can be capable of and what revenge really feels like."

With those words, Richard nodded and one by one, Tig's associates were jerked up from the floor, pulled in front of the assembled group. The video camera moved to get a clear image as Richard calmly pulled his Sig Sauer from its holster and fired one shot into the forehead of the man in front of him. The body fell, like a sack of bricks. It was dragged away to a corner. I stood and watched.

I should have been horrified. I should have voiced my objections. I should have been appalled at the brazen murder of this man. Instead, I stood firmly and watched. The same action repeated three more times. By now, everyone on the floor including Tig was crying and begging. Several had pissed their pants. Richard stopped and looked at the four remaining men. Tig, his two brothers, and his father. Tig's father, to his credit, just looked at Richard defiantly. Richard nodded and Tig's father was jerked to his feet. As Richard raised the pistol Tig's father spoke.

"I remember you, you piece of shit. I fucked that little kindergarten teacher wife of yours until her ass bled like a stuck pig. She screamed like a pig too."

Richard's face didn't change. He lowered the pistol and Tig's father smiled slightly until the pistol report echoed through the basement. Tig's father's eyes went wide, and he looked down to see the blood pouring onto the floor from here his cock and balls used to hang. He slumped and soon joined the pile of bodies in the corner.

Tig's brothers were next. They begged, pleaded and cried to no avail. Richard put a single round into the forehead of each of them. The last was Tig. He struggled and it took both of Richard's men to haul his oversized body to his feet. Tig tried to kick and one of the other men simply rammed a straight finger punch into his throat. Tig's eyes bulged, and he gurgled.

I expected Richard to dispatch Tig in the same efficient manner. I was surprised when he stopped and looked at me. He flipped the pistol in his hand and offered it, butt first, to me. Without hesitation I stepped forward and took the pistol, checked it to make sure it was ready to fire and turned to look at Tig.

"You remember me?"

Tig nodded, still unable to talk after the throat punch.

"Good. Then you will remember this."

I showed him the end of my little finger.

"Paybacks a bitch."

II raised his hand and put the barrel of the piston at the base of his little finger, then held his hand in front of his face and pulled the trigger. His hand exploded milliseconds before the bullet crashed through his gold teeth and out the back of his skull. I watched him crumple backwards onto the concrete. His head didn't bounce much, mainly because he didn't have much of a head at the back left to bounce on.

I turned the gun and handed it back to Richard.

"Thanks."

"My pleasure."

I looked over my shoulder at the man across the room who had witnessed the entire execution.

"What about them."

"They were just hired to do the sex. We will leave them here with some incriminating evidence."

"There is going to be a lot of heat over this deal."

"Not to worry. We have it covered. Now let's vacate this place."

&&&&&

We were back at Abe's townhouse in less than an hour. One of the groups of Richard's men had some things to take care of and only arrived about an hour later. We were anxious to listen to the news. At 6pm, we were all around the television. The anchor person opened with the story of a gang war execution in the Brox. The official police take was that a gang of drug dealing extortionists had been taken out by a Mexican cartel. Evidence found at the scene included marked bundles of bills, packages of various narcotics and a very professional looking video setup. Local law enforcement was scouring the city for a group of cartel members wearing military uniforms and equipment.

Everyone was smiling. I had pulled back out of the main part of the celebration. I was quietly sipping a scotch. Abe has an excellent taste in scotch. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to look into a set of piercing black eyes.

"You have more steel in you than I suspected of a banker."

"Hate will do a lot of things for you."

She looked at me.

"Too bad you are married."

I nodded.

She leaned in and kissed me on the cheek and then went back to the celebration. I stood apart for a long time.

&&&&&

There was still a lot to do to see our plan to fruition. When it was all said and done, we had taken almost 40 million dollars from Tig and the porno vendors. Each of the families that had suffered from Tig's attention received a package in the coming weeks with a thumb drive and a nicely printed share certificate for one equal participating share in the Botswana Mineral and Development company. There was also a check to them in the amount of $250,000. It was legitimate and legal. They had to pay the income taxes and declare it. A letter explained that they would each receive a dividend payment once a year as part of their investment of one hundred dollars in the company. Abe and John had generously paid each family the cost of that share of the company. The thumb drive held the video that Richard made in the basement. I don't know how many people actually watched it. Mine is in my safe in my house and I take it out each year on my birthday and watch it again.

Chelsea slowly faded away. She fell deeper and deeper into depression. No matter what the doctors tried, it seemed as if she was lost to this world. She rallied once about 6 months after that birthday I shared with Richard and the others. I had found her sitting up in the bed and she actually smiled when I came in. We managed to chat just a bit before she had looked at me, her eyes wet with tears.

"I am so sorry Dan. I love you and I wanted to give you something special. All I did was give you misery, heartache and pain. Can you ever forgive me?"

I hugged her and assured her that there was nothing to forgive. She had certainly not done it deliberately and I knew she had done it out of love and excitement. I held her close and, for a fleeting few moments, returned to a much happier time. The feeling of her close to me was both agonizing and joyous. It was the longest visit I had ever had with her since she had been in a facility. I left hoping that it signaled a turning point and that she would continue to improve until I could take her home again.

It wasn't to be. Almost immediately after that meeting, she closed down again. Three weeks later the facility called and asked that I come out immediately, it was rather an emergency. When I got there, the county coroner was there, a sheriff's deputy and two ambulance attendants.

The president of the facility took me aside. His first words hit me like an anvil on a Saturday morning cartoon. He told me that Chelsea had been found dead that morning when the nurse had brought her meds. They weren't sure yet and it would only be after the autopsy, but they assumed she had been hoarding her sleeping pills in the evening and when she had about 20, she took them all after lights out.

I asked to see her. The sheriff gave his consent and I walked into the room. Chelsea lay on the bed. She seemed to have a soft smile on her face and for the first time in several years, I saw no fear, apprehension, or distress in her face. She looked to be at peace. I leaned over and kissed her softly, running my hand over her forehead and told her goodbye.

Outside, I was told I would be called later when her body was released. I got back in my car and drove stoically for two hours to Nathans. It was the middle of the afternoon when I walked through the doors. Richard saw me from behind the bar and instantly knew something was wrong.

I told him about Chelsea, and he teared up. I took his offer to hang out in his office. A bottle of Macallan and my thoughts were what I used to fill the time. I spent two days with Richard at his place. All of the members of our group came out to see me after Richard called them to deliver the news. It was probably the best thing that could have happened. They asked about Chelsea and spent hours telling stories about our courtship and those brief years we had together. I laughed and cried. It was cathartic.

It was nearly midnight, and the rest of the group was slowly making their way out to their cars to head home. I was about to do the same. Richard was insistent that I stay the night and not drive home that late, especially considering the nearly empty bottle of Macallan scotch on the table. I still had enough wits to listen to reason and he gathered me up and led me out to his old blazer to make the short drive to his house.

I stumbled into the house and headed to the bathroom. I spent some time taking care of business, washing my face. I looked at myself in the mirror. I didn't see much change there, but I knew that my life was on a whole different track now. I had been alone for several years, but this was a different kind of alone. Now I was truly alone in every sense of the word.

I left the bathroom and headed toward the bedroom that I had occupied for several days. I knew I had to get back to my house. There were legalities to be seen to and I need to make arrangements for Chelsea. The autopsy would soon be completed and there was one last act in this tragedy to be played.

As I turned the corner in Richard's dark house, I sensed something was amiss. I couldn't put my finger on what it was until I heard that voice.

"I'm sorry Dan. So sorry. I know you loved her so much."

Looked in the dim light across the room and saw a tall slender shape. It approached me until I could make up the features and see those piercing black eyes. Now they were veiled with wetness and had softened more than I had ever seen them. She stopped without invading my personal space.

"Richard called me. I didn't want to intrude on the time with your friends. But I did want to tell you that you have been in my thoughts, and I have prayed every day that Chelsea would recover so you could finish out your lives together."

I stood in the darkness and as I listened to what she said about Chelsea, I was overcome with grief. My shoulders heaved as I sobbed. My hands came to my face, and I felt tears streaming freely. I started to sag to the floor and then felt myself lifted and supported. I looked through my fingers into those eyes again. That voice again penetrated my brain.

"Come on. Let's get you in bed."

I woke up the next morning and found myself naked. I groggily rolled off the bed, grabbed a pair of pants and made my way down the hall to the bathroom. Once I was done, I staggered slowly toward the kitchen. I smelled coffee and that kept me going. As I entered, I saw Richard sitting at the kitchen table, Peggy was sitting across from him, and they were both watching me with concern.

"I hope that there is some of that coffee I have been smelling."

Peggy leapt up and filled a giant mug of steaming hot black goodness. I thanked her and sat down. She remained standing beside me as if she were a nurturing angel hovering over me. I looked at Richard.

"I need to get home. If I can use your shower, I will change clothes and head out. Thanks for putting up with me the last few days. I know I have been a real pain in the ass."

Richard shook his head.

"You aren't leaving just yet. I talked to the sheriff and the coroner has released Chelsea's body. I took the liberty of having the local funeral home pick it up. The guy who owns the funeral home is a good customer. He is a solid guy. I assume that you haven't thought about the arrangements."

"You're right. Not a clue."

"You may have ideas, but I don't see any reason to take the body all the way back to New York City. This is a beautiful part of the state and having Chelsea here just means that you will have more reason to come out and visit."

I saw the reasoning there. Almost any place would do for her burial. I nodded in assent as I drank the hot coffee. Richard continued.

"If you want to have a ceremony, we can do that."

"No. We didn't have any other family. What we had last night was as good a tribute to her as I can think of."

Richard nodded. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked backward and up.

"Would you like some breakfast?"

"Sure."

"Eggs, bacon, toast?"

"That's great."

The hand left my shoulder, and I watched her walk toward the kitchen. It was a very impressive view. When I turned back, I saw Richard watching me with a slight smile."

"By the way. How the hell did I get naked last night? I don't remember much after we got home, and I went to the bathroom."

He shrugged.

"I don't know. I was in my bedroom and probably already asleep. You'll have to ask Peggy about that."

I heard the giggle from behind me but nothing more.

"Is there anything else you must go back to NYC to do?"

I thought for a few minutes.

"Nothing that a few phone calls won't take care of."

&&&&&

A few days became a few weeks. Richard and I, from such disparate backgrounds seemed to form a bond much deeper than one would expect. Peggy went back to her home in upstate New York a few days later. Richard and I fell into a bit of a pattern. I would often go to Nathan's with him and help out around the bar. I began to make friends with the locals. On the days the bar was closed, Richard and I would fish in the small pond behind his house. He also had a makeshift shooting range set up on the back of the property and he began to instruct me in pistol shooting. I found I liked it. Finally, I told him I shouldn't stay any longer because I was afraid I would wear out my welcome.

He said it was nonsense, but I had been thinking. I had a plan. I listed that big house in New York City, and it sold rapidly. I began looking for something close to Richard. I finally found a small bungalow on a dozen acres about 3 miles from Nathan's. I paid cash for it and had most of my stuff moved from the storage unit in the city. In two weeks' time I was moved in and almost settled. That was the afternoon that I was surprised to find the crew showing up at my front door. It was an impromptu housewarming. I was certain Richard was behind it. When he showed up in the Blazer with his BBQ grill and a backseat full of steaks and assorted groceries, I learned that wasn't behind the assembly either.

The last person to arrive was Peggy. She came in wearing a short skirt and an oversized sweatshirt with a coney island logo. It looked like it was half a century old. She found me in the kitchen helping Richard season the steaks. Everyone else was out back on the patio where they were building a fire in the new firepit. I didn't see her come in but I felt hands reach around my chest. She squeezed and I nearly passed out. That woman was strong. I managed to turn around and our noses almost touched.

"Hiya. Congratulations. This is an amazing place."

"Hello. Are you behind all this?"

"I made a few phone calls."

"So you think I need housewarming?"

I saw her eyes and when she spoke it was soft, warm, and rather disconcerting.

"I thought I needed a reason to come be with you."

&&&&&

Four months later, Richard, Peggy and I were sitting on Richard's back porch watching the insects drift through the breeze. I was lost in thoughts and memories. Richard had enough sense to let me sit quietly when I got in these moods. Peggy had started to speak but I saw him put a hand on her arm and shake his head. I finally shook myself out of my fugue and looked at them.

"You know my birthday is coming up in about a month. It will be four years since... well.... it will be four years.'

Richard nodded. Peggy was listening carefully.

"I think I am ready to celebrate my birthday again. The last several months have been a turning point. I actually feel like there might be something to look forward to."

Richard slapped the table.

"Yes! I think you are right. Let's throw one hell of a shindig. Who do you want to invite."

"I don't have any friends left from my previous life. I don't have any family. Hell. You two are the closest thing I have to a family. I don't know. What if we sent out invites to all of the people that are in our groups of investors? Would that be inappropriate?"

"Hell no. I'll get on that right away. Let's have it here. NO. Wait. I'll close Nathan's for a day and we will have it in the club. You know I am building that huge new outdoor patio area. It should be finished in time. That will be the place."

"That sounds excellent. Then you can pay for the help to clean up."

He grinned.

"That will be my birthday present."

Peggy had looked at me. We had been seeing each other casually off and on for months. She often visited her half-brother and when she was there, we sort of naturally gravitated to each other. There was never anything overt and, to this point, nothing sexual. We were friends that enjoyed each other's company. I wasn't sure what Richard would think if I tried to make a move on his half sister. Peggy looked at me.

EROSSIR
EROSSIR
392 Followers
12