A Birthday Present - 003

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
EROSSIR
EROSSIR
400 Followers

"What can I get you for your birthday?"

"Nothing. You have done more for me than I can ever repay. Just be here."

She nodded but I saw something else behind those coal black eyes.

&&&&&

The day finally arrived. I was at Nathan's. No one would let me help. They put me at the bar and told me to keep myself occupied and out of the way. I spent most of the morning wiping glasses and playing cribbage on my cell phone. At lunch, Peggy showed up and waltzed through the front door. Her first stop was where her brother was working on the pool table. He gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and then headed straight for me.

"Did you ever decide what I can get you for your birthday?"

"I told you. Nothing."

I could see the aggravation in her eyes.

"That's not good enough. I want to get you something special."

"I can't think of anything I want or need. Sorry."

She rolled her eyes and headed toward the kitchen. I continued to play cribbage on my phone.

About 6 pm people started to arrive. I never expected so many. Almost all of those that we made shareholders in the mineral company had come to town. All of the local group were in attendance. Then the local townspeople started to show up. I had met many of them while I helped Richard in the bar and restaurant. Some of them I had helped with financial matters. Some I had worked with putting together investment plans. I suddenly realized that I had become a part of this little community. It was a surprise, but one that I was sort of proud of.

The party got going full swing. There was a huge amount of food. The DJ

was playing all the right music and the whole place was filled with good vibes. I was sitting with my back to the bar, my elbows resting on the edge of the bar. I watched all of the people. I felt at home. I hadn't had that feeling in years.

Richard came out of the back and stood beside me.

"You have made an impressive start here. It took me more than three years to become part of this town. You did it in less than six months."

"I didn't set out to do it. It just sort of seemed to happen."

"I'm glad it did. What's in the future?"

"I don't have a clue. I am content. I could probably just live here, like this, until I die and fall off my bar stool."

Richard guffawed.

"I like the sentiment, but you have a long time left. You don't need to spend it like a hermit. You should travel. Go to Botswana and see our bank and our holdings. Travel. Have some laughs. Get laid."

I grinned.

"That all sounds like a good idea except that last one. I am still wrapped up in Chelsea, I guess. I just haven't had the need or the desire to go there."

Richard looked at me.

"Man, you really need to get laid."

"I don't think so. Besides, who would be interested in a middle aged, retired banker. I don't want some young gold digger after my money."

Richard shook his head but didn't say anything. He headed out across the bar to talk to the others. I watched. I knew what he was trying to do, but I was not very interested in what he proposed. Chelsea was still with me somewhere.

It was well after midnight. I had spent the last hour shaking hands and giving hugs to everyone who came by to wish me a happy birthday and offer their thanks. It was gratifying but almost sad, as I watched the crowd drift away. As the numbers dwindled, I drew closer and closer to being alone again.

When everyone had left except me and Richard, we sat in the dark bar. We were all quiet, each in our own world. I looked at Richard.

"Do you miss your wife?"

"Everyday. All day."

"How do you cope?"

"I work."

"Why haven't you ever remarried?"

"Haven't found the woman, I guess. Not that I am out looking. I think we are a lot alike in that respect."

I nodded.

"You know, with your share of the investments, you don't have to work anymore."

"What the fuck would I do. Sit in that house in my underwear and look out at that pond. Doesn't seem like much of a life to me."

"You could do what you suggested I do. Travel. Go places, See things. You might even find that someone."

"I have thought about that. Maybe in a few years. Right now, I am happy. But you, on the other hand, need to get your ass out of that house and get back into the stream."

"Ugh Ugh... I don't fancy doing that. I hate the thought of dating and that whole mixed bag of crap."

Richard chuckled.

"We share the same feeling."

We chatted for a while longer and I finally decided I needed to get home. It dawned on me that I hadn't seen Peggy in hours.

"Where did Peggy go? I haven't seen her for a while."

"She said she had some things to tend to. She asked me to apologize. She promised to get your birthday present for you later."

I shook my head.

"She doesn't owe me a present. I told her that."

"Yeah. But she wants to. Don't push it too hard. She will whip your ass and make you like it."

I laughed and grabbed my gear and headed back to my place.

&&&&&

I came in the back way. My jacket went over the back of the chair. I had several parcels, gifts from the party. I put them on the kitchen counter with the intention of dealing with them in the morning. As I headed toward my bedroom without turning on any lights, I started pulling off clothes. I was down to my boxer shorts when a voice came out of the darkness in the living room.

"Maybe I should have kept silent and let you continue to strip."

I whirled, my flight or fight response in full on mode. Then I recognized the voice.

"How the hell did you get in my house?"

"You gave a key to Richard. I borrowed it from his office."

I peered into the darkness but could only see a blurry blob that I took to be Peggy.

"Oh."

It was a witty reply. I was sort of out of witty replies at the moment. I stood holding my trousers and my shirt. I saw Peggy coming forward out of the gloom.

"I wanted to bring your birthday present to you."

"Jesus Christ. I told you I don't need a birthday present."

She continued to walk forward and as she glided out of the gloom my eyes went wide. I am sure my mouth hung open. She was standing in the doorway to the living room, naked.

"Happy Birthday."

I gulped. I back pedaled a few steps. I tried not to stare at her magnificent breasts or her long legs, or the perfectly manicured patch of pubic hair that formed a small triangle over her mons.

She continued toward me, and I saw those perfect breasts swaying as she walked. I felt her take the trousers and the shirt from my hands and fling them toward the living room. I felt her hands on my bare chest and then her breath on my lips.

"Come on birthday boy."

I stammered and stuttered but finally managed to reply.

"It's not really my birthday anymore. It's after midnight."

I heard that soft laughter.

"Then I will have to make it up to you since I am late with your birthday present."

She pushed me backward into my bedroom, kicked the door shut as she pushed me back into the bed and whispered in my ear.

"You know. Everyday could be like a birthday under the right circumstances."

&&&&&

Stay tuned for the next installment, The Birthday that Keeps on Giving.

EROSSIR
EROSSIR
400 Followers
12