A Blonde Moment

Story Info
Wife is forced to admit to an affair.
5.5k words
3.25
70.4k
78
153
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

You know it's just not going to be one of those days when you haul your ass home on a Monday to find yourself walking into a thunderstorm of rage. You enter your home to find your better half ready to go up one side of you and down the other. The first question you ask yourself is what in the hell has put a burr in her ass.

My problem started because that's what I asked my wife Annie. Big mistake on my part. She let go with both barrels at full throttle.

Every bull shit thing she could think of came out of her mouth. Most of them were stupid things not worth fighting about. Today she was making mountains out of molehills. Everything was automatically all my fault. It didn't take long for me to figure out that I was not going to hear what was really behind her state of mind. So, I just stood there, shut my mouth and took it. I sucked it up and let her roar. When she started to calm down, she apologized saying work had stressed her out. I knew it was bullshit because they worshipped the ground she walked on.

I climbed the stairs to change out of my suit. My oldest daughter Naomi age sixteen stuck her head out of her bedroom door and asked what's really bothering Mom.

I told her that I honestly did not know but I was going to find out.

Good luck with that she said. She's been like that since she came home early from work. Naomi said Dad something has been bothering her for a couple of weeks. Her blow-ups have been building in intensity and until she tells the truth we best walk with tippy toes. I and my siblings are doing our best to stay out of her way.

After hanging up my suit. I went into the bathroom where the laundry basket was to throw in my shirt and my undergarments. After the shower, as I was drying myself off, I noticed a weird looking pen tossed in the wastebasket. I bent over to look at it to discover it was one of those home test things for pregnancy. It read positive.

I knew instantly what was bothering her. Annie my wife was late and could not face me with it and now we both knew why.

I set it on the counter of the sink. After getting dressed in blue jeans and a t-shirt I went to get Naomi to show her.

"Mom's pregnant, is that what is bothering her?" Naomi said. "That's great news."

"No, it's not," I said quite seriously.

"Why Dad?" my eldest asked.

"It may not be mine. After Neil was born, your mother and I argued for weeks because she wanted me to get a vasectomy. She ended up getting what she wanted. That turned my family jewels into gems." I said. "it's a small possibility that I'm the father, but we won't know for sure till I get checked out by the doctor."

Naomi's face went white, "What are we going to do Dad?"

"Keep it to ourselves until I find out and keep our eye on Mom," I said.

I made the appointment the next day, thankfully because what I wanted to have done didn't take any real-time, so he slipped me in at noon. Sadly, after looking at it through a microscope he told me I was still shooting blanks.

Now the question was who and when? Was it a one night stand or an affair? How far along was she since she hadn't started to show?

That night over dinner Naomi noticed the subtle difference in my behavior. Her mother saw her tear up and asked, "what's wrong."

"Nothing mom," she said, "I was just being sentimental."

In privacy, Naomi asked me, "Have you made the appointment to find out?"

"I saw the doctor today," I replied. "I can honestly say that the baby is not mine."

Later that night I caught the two of them talking quietly. When I walked in, I could see my oldest had been crying hard and her mother was trying to comfort her. I went to say something, but Naomi warned me off.

When we went to bed that night, I asked Annie about it and she growled, "now's not the time."

I took an extended lunch on Wednesday letting my staff know that I had some personal things to do. My next appointment was not until two. I pulled into the Blue Cross office building to see if my wife a manager wanted to go for lunch. The security officer called up to her office and her assistant informed him that she and her Boss had already gone out for a business lunch.

Leaving the parking lot, I noticed his parking spot was still filled. Checking hers I saw it was gone. I drove home figuring I would eat last night's leftovers for lunch. As I drove down the road, I saw the rental van driving ahead being followed by my wife's car. Keeping my distance, I followed them. It wasn't hard because they were headed in a direction I knew well. I was right twenty minutes later we were there.

The rental van pulled into my mother in law's house. Annie parked her car on the road. Her mother in law opened the front door to let them in. I could tell that she pleased to see Annie. Her boss by the look on her face was just being tolerated. They started unloading my wife's personal belongings. Which included her wardrobe, personal items like makeup and shoes.

When they were done, they drove off.

I went home figuring they would show up but I was wrong so I went into the house to see what I could discover. Laying on the kitchen table was a handwritten note. It read:

Dilynn, my love.

If you're reading this I have already moved out. The recent events of the last few days have made it clear that for now, I have no choice. My first family all need space and time to cool down.

Naomi and I had a long talk last night. I know I have hurt her; she needs time to work out for herself. A lot of truths came out as a result.

She told me that you had shown her my home pregnancy test. She told me you had gone to get yourself tested. This is all my fault. I should have disposed of the pregnancy test in a different way. I wasn't ready for this to come out. This is such a delicate situation that I needed to handle it perfectly. I did not.

There is no longer a need to hide it so here goes. I have been having an affair with my boss Robert for these last six months. I will not discuss or ever disclose what lead to it. Just be satisfied that it was not because of you. You have always been and still, are the perfect husband in every way.

I just know that right now I'm not going to stop it. It's his child I'm carrying. It's evolved to the point that I am in love with the two of you for different reasons. So, you're both going to have to learn to share me as equals.

I am hoping we can sit down and work things out as adults thus avoiding an unnecessary divorce. After all, we do still love each other and that's all that matters.

I left you, to give yourself time to work things out for yourself in your mind. When you have found acceptance of our having a new and exciting shared relationship we can talk. All three of us have to come to the point that you both can accept the other's relationship with me. Since Robert already has accepted, our marriage. You just have to learn to accept him as a friend. How much time I spend with both families can be worked out later

I know what I have disclosed will be hard for you to digest. I still look forward to sharing as much time with you and the children as possible. Just remember that you have always been my first family. Robert and our family will be second. Forgive me. For in my love for two men has made me so weak.

Annie.

I called the office and informed them I was out for the rest of the day. I then called the best divorce lawyer I knew, my wife's brother telling him I needed to see him right away. He had no appointment scheduled so I drove to his office right away.

After reading Annie's letter to me Grant asked. "When did you find the home test?"

"Monday night and I showed Naomie after I had finished dressing," I explained. "I caught them both talking privately last night. It was clear that both of them were crying. I still don't know what about."

"It looks like my sister panicked when she was confronted by her daughter. Do you know where she moved to?" Grant asked.

"Back in with your mother for now," I replied.

"Oh shit! Family wise this is the pits. If I take your case, I'm in a no-win situation," Grant said. "What do you plan to do?"

"What would you do if you were me?" I asked

"Divorce the bitch because I will never allow myself to become my wife's cuckold so she can be in an ongoing sexual relationship with another man," Grant answered.

"I'm glad we see things eye to eye," I said.

"What I can't believe is that my sister wants you to support her new lifestyle." Grant stated. "being married to two men at once. Does that mean she plans to move between two residences"?

With that said he scanned her letter into the computer and started my file.

"After the birth of Neil, Annie decided it would be best if I got myself fixed." I disclosed to Grant. "According to the doctor yesterday I'm still shooting blanks."

Grant's face went white. Then he spoke. "You've just proven adultery and verified that the child she is carrying is not yours. Get a medical statement from your doctor confirming that."

I reached into my suit jacket and pulled the letter out. It was the medical report he needed.

"Dilynn go home and have a talk with your oldest daughter. When your done give me a call at home to let me know what she was told." He said. "I will swing by and find out what my mother knows."

I went to my eldest daughter's school and had her called out after explaining it was a family emergency.

As soon as she got to the school office she asked, "Dad's what up?"

As we drove home, I pulled out the note her mother had left for her to read. Naomi was shocked.

"That's not what she told me last night," Naomi explained. "She told me the two of you were having personal problems that you both needed to work out. As a result, she was moving out until the two of you saw a marriage counselor. Since I knew of the pregnancy, I knew she was not being completely honest. It hurt to learn that the mother I felt I had an honest relationship with proved to me that I was not worth the truth."

"Naomi that's how I felt at first," I said. "Now I have realized that she always wanted more children just not mine."

Naomi started crying so I gave her a few minutes to settle down.

"She's revealed who the father of the child is." I said, "it appears it's her boss."

"I'm still trying to get beyond the fact that she wants to remain married to you," Naomi said, "and have you take on the responsibility to raise her lover's child while she continues to have an ongoing sexual relationship with him."

I thought about what Naomi said and my daughter was right "Remind me to ask your Uncle to ask his sister if she plans to give her child my last name."

With that, I watched her as she called her Uncle Grant.

'I just read mom's note to my dad and I have a couple of questions." Naomi said

"What are they?" Grant said.

"Since my mother is expecting dad to remain married to him, does she expect him to raise the child for them while they continue their now open relationship? Does she plan to have the birth record show its last name as ours thus sticking my father with the obligation of paying for it the rest of its life?"

"Oh God," he said. "With Annie, it's always been about the money. Your questions make it clear that this just might be the case. With your dad being a corporate lawyer, he makes way more than both of them. I will call those writing the petition for divorce up to write in those very questions. Tell your dad I've just pulled into Moms."

I went with through the house with a fine teethed comb but found nothing missing but her personal stuff. That reinforced that she had made this move without thinking it all out. I called a locksmith to rekey the locks.

It was hard telling Naomi's brother and sister what was going on. I allowed them to read the note from their mother to me.

I ordered pizza for supper. It was a quiet affair each of us was working things out in our own way.

"Dad why could our mom do this to us all?" Neil the ten-year-old said. "doesn't she still love us?"

"I believe she loves all her children unconditionally son," I said. "Remember that always. She just doesn't love me enough and because of that fact she left all of us."

Naomi ran out of the room unable to handle her emotions. What she had heard her father say had broken her heart. After all her mother had done to all of them. He was still taking the blame and protecting her.

I did not know that Naomi had recorded Neil's and my chat. Just before she went to bed, she texted her mother. 'Listen to the attached, he took the fall to save your relationship with your children. Too bad, the way I see it you want to keep your lover and stick my father with the cost of raising your new children. Did you plan kicking dad out of his bed and giving it to your lover and have him pay for him too?'

Grant called me just before I was headed to bed. Annie had given her mother a completely different story. My mother in law did not know she was pregnant with another man's child. As a result, she told Annie she had two weeks to get out of her house as she did not want the drama that was to come, happening her house.

"Grant how soon can you be ready to serve her?" I asked.

"If it passes my inspection would tomorrow be too soon?" Grant asked."

"Not at all our marriage was over the moment her note told me what she expected," I replied.

It was Saturday afternoon when Naomi answered the door to see her mother standing there.

"What do you want Mother!" Naomi said loudly to get our attention.

I took my freshly poured coffee and went via the kitchen onto the patio and slowly drank it while reading a book. I was surprised when Naomi sat down beside me and revealed what had happened.

"I called my brother and sister down as mother asked," Naomie said. "She thought that we all should talk and had brought us lunch. Neil refused and went back to his room. We could all see the tears in his eyes as he left. Nya asked mom why? Do you just want to start the process of convincing us to meet and accept your new lover?"

"No, I just wanted to be able to discuss with you all why I did what I did.' Annie said.

"We know why mom." Nya responded. "you just didn't love dad enough to stay here with us. You made it clear that your new love means more to you than any of us."

"She right Mom!" said Naomie. "We all read the note you left for Dad. It framed your views well. I knew the night before you were lying to me through your teeth. You wanted dad to raise the bastard child your carrying so you could go off and play with him some more."

Naomie told me their mother left in tears.

-------

Annie got served on Monday. She read it then handed it to Robert. He saw the letter she had written to Dilynn. Then read the whole grounds for divorce.

"You know the way you paraphrased your note, forced him to go this route," Robert said. "You were basically shoving it down his throat. It really can't get worse than that."

"It has my three children feel that I have chosen you over them," Annie said. "Dilynn put the blame on himself saying that I had made it clear that he wasn't a good enough lover to satisfy my growing sexual needs.

"That's nuts you still love him, and you love me. If you had not gotten pregnant, he would never have known. I can swear that you have never compared either of us." Robert pointed out. "Now that it has, he is asking all the obvious questions. Any man in his situation would."

"I blindsided him," Annie said. "My brother Grant his lawyer told me Sunday night that I wanted Dilynn to be a cuckold for us. I told him he was nuts. He said am I You're the one who wants to remain married and have the three of you raise your new child. Annie you might of as well have stuck a gun to his head and shot him because that says just how much of a man in your eyes he is."

"That was not our intention," Robert said. "We were willing to take responsibility for our child and continue on with our relationship as it is."

"Robert just go back into your office and ask yourself if you were walking in Dilynn's shoes how would you view it," Annie said. "I have to get back to work and then figure out the next move.

It had never been her intention of destroying her husband Dilynn's ego but that was she had done. When she wrote the handwritten note, she was trying to express the emotions she was dealing with her love for both of her lovers.

In their eighteen years of marriage, he had always put her and their children first. Her letter written while in emotional stress she now saw implied that all his effort in their relationship had been for naught. She, in his eyes, had made everything in their life worthless. That was made it clear when she heard what he had said to their son. 'I believe she loves all her children unconditionally son. Remember that always. She just doesn't love me enough and because of that fact she left all of us.'

Grant had been right. When she read her note for the second time what he had suggested her own words implied. She was going to stick Dilynn with raising her unborn child while she was still having those romantic evenings with Robert. She had told her brother he was full of shit. In truth now she couldn't. Her truths no matter what looked like a bunch of lies.

Annie finally admitted to herself she had never thought what her own conduct was showing all others. She should never have written that dam letter. She realized her problem was not in what she had written, it was how they were interpreting it.

It was time for her to find a lawyer one who would be willing to get them to go to a marriage counselor. One who shared her view of things.

It had been a busy week as I had to adapt to a new working schedule, as a result, I was no longer taking lunch and leaving at a decent time to be there for my kids I was had just come out of a meeting when my executive assistant saw me walking in.

I had just gone back into my office when she walked in behind me that Friday afternoon. I heard her close the door.

"Dilynn Jones," she said, "When I went for my weekly lunch with some of the other girls, I saw your wife Annie with a Robert Johnson. The problem is it was not a typical dinner."

"He's her lover," I replied, "I had her served on Monday after I learned that she is carrying his child. Perhaps this better explains the whole situation."

I gave Jasmine the letter that Annie had written to me. I enjoyed seeing her face turn from concern to complete shock.

"That bitch what gives her the right to assume you're going to suck it up and give in to her wishes?" Jasmine asked.

"I feel she believes that since she has usually got her way on the small things that I will just go along with it," I said.

"Boss can I copy this," Jasmine asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"In this case, for now, it's better that you don't know," Jasmine said. "All I will say is that it's nothing illegal."

"Go ahead, it's a matter of public record anyway," I said.

Jasmine had been with me for ten years. Whatever she was going to do was for my benefit anyway. At the annual company picnic, our kids hung out with each other. Her husband Don was an honest man who made his living in the commercial painting industry.

Jasmine sat at her computer and wrote out an email to the Executive Assistant of the Chairman of the Board of Blue Cross asking for her assistance. Dilynn did not know that they were best friends. She wanted the human resources files on two employees.

It took about two hours for her to get a response. 'Have copies being airmailed you should get them at your office Monday. Call me at home to explain.'

Just before Annie left for the day, she called her daughter Naomi. It hadn't gone well. She wanted to know how the family was doing but got no answer. Instead, she had gotten asked a question she did not know how to answer.

12