All Comments on 'A Boilerplate Rendering Ch. 02'

by TheUnoriginalist

Sort by:
  • 230 Comments
maxwedgemaxwedgeabout 10 years ago
I CAN ALMOST FEEL HIS PAIN

5

FD45FD45about 10 years ago
Better Portion Size

And I appreciate timely updates quite a bit.

During the first few paragraphs, I was just agog about the story. You have some talent in writing. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Another thing I appreciated was the picture perfect psychological slams going in both directions. That kiss...his suddenly not caring.

For a bit, I was wondering if it was so damned painful this seemed the WORST way for him to do it. But I got up to speed and realized his plan (at least as I saw it) was two fold.

1) Guard his 'family' i.e. kids

2) Endure that pain so much and so often that suddenly...it just WAS. The pain was now just part of his existence and it didn't exist for him anymore.

I am not sure if that was what you intended to convey or not, but that was part of how I read it.

Another thing I liked quite a bit (though it wasn't covered near enough) was her uncertainty and doubt. Was hubby a closet cuck? Did he not care anymore? Was he impotent? What was going on? I'm glad you had her throw it in his face a few times. A woman would.

I have no idea where she goes from here. For him, it's stay the course. Her? She's stuck with a scumbag. She doesn't see it yet. But she will.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
WHAT?

I have no idea what this is all about. It is just another dire and non intellectual wimp husband story. I was looking forward to some sort of payback for the boyfriend. Just what was the point of the statement about things getting worse for him in the first submission. No man that I know of would put up with this nonsense and the abject betrayal involved. People who write this rubbish cannot be married or are gay or women haters. If the author is going to end the story by having the whore reverting back to a loving wife, he is living in cuckoo land. I am a loving father and know many others. However, none of us would stay in a relationship like the one portrayed just to protect the children. Whilst I appreciate the story is fiction, the concept is ridiculously flawed. I have never understood the cuckold acceptance ethos anyway. To me, the husband who agrees to it is mentally deranged. I know some people get off by reading simple masturbation tales about cock cages etc. But this story is supposed to have an intellectual basis to it. Consign it to the shredder! Thankfully, whilst enjoying erotica, I live in a loving relationship.

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Very Interestin

and well done. You have pictured a series of moments in a way to show what happens to a person when the other one betrays them. In a way the ending of the story is not relevant, what is, is the journey.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Worst shit ever

No one could live under this pressure. No one would ever agree to this arrangement if they had evidence to fight the situation. Total bollacks. This would end up in suicide or murder. To unbelievable to continue reading. This guy is the biggest wimp ever. Stop writing. You will having him sucking dick next

rainbow001rainbow001about 10 years ago
Wonderful

I cannot begin to say how much you have captured me with your story. I parrot FD in saying that your skill as a writer is amazing. You made the the main character I can feel his pain. The wife is so self absorbed that she can't even see all the damage around her. At least now that has part come home to her in a big way. Her world is going to turn to crap in more ways than she could process soon. Thank you so much for sharing and I am looking forward to more of your postings.

vazkor13vazkor13about 10 years ago
Really a great story

I can't wait for the next chapter !!

but take your time and make it as good as the 2 firsts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Very original!!!!!

I applaude your subtle and painstaking way of jumping right into the pain John feels for now. Every husband feels that at first. Your slightlly out of focus portrait of Karen is a masterpiece. Her love for John is unmistakabe in her patience. That is what makes this so original. It will be fascinating to the readers to watch John gradually become a real man and accept the natural truth that sharing his wife with other men is life's highest achievement.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 10 years ago
Great story : that I don't believe a word of

I'm rating this at full marks, because even though I don't believe anyone, anyone sane that is, could actually live like this. Intellectually this story has a terrible perfection. When the dam breaks, it will be awesome, and I want to be there, ergo the high marks.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 10 years ago
Wimp Bullshit

This cuck candyass story was terrible! I don't see how a man with any balls at all could put up with a slut like the one he was married to. How in the hell could anyone think this was a good story? 1 STAR

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
re Very Original

Did you read the story? Quote from page 4 "Thats when I realized you were done with me" No sharing for John .Karen is headed down the road and I think Carl better grow eyes in the back of his head

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
Where are you going with this?

I can only envision an open marriage or he leaves her. But you may be much more creative than that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Looking forward to the next chapter!

Very good Writing a pleasure to read,next one soon please!

erk0630erk0630about 10 years ago
Awesome

I can't help but feel that the wimp haters out there are being blinded by the long term vision of a real man. He's pretty much washed his hands of her, but as she states, it's all about the kids, and his shielding of them. Allowing them to be kids for just a while longer. A real man protects what's left of his family. He will deal with her lover in the long term, and I can only picture the lovers confusion when it happens. He has taken control of the situation, they just don't quite realize it yet.You have brought his pain to the forefront with your writing. You have one upped FTDS, you're doing it for an entire genre! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Burn it out!!!!

I love this story. The husband is truly aware that eventually his daughters lives will be irrevocably changed. He is attempting to forestall the damage, for their sake, as long as possible. His wife has totally misconstrued his actions and motives, but now realizes that she has completely destroyed their marriage. She realizes that she just does not matter to him any longer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
This is great!! the best BTB story and so

easy to work her and destroy her!!! It's great! I hope he does something great and evil to the lover.

francis_toliverfrancis_toliverabout 10 years ago
So Fucking Good.

Incredibly painful and not unoriginal at all, just really, really good.

Wow.

patilliepatillieabout 10 years ago
Love it

I second what erk, bruce and "very original" anon said in their comments. Cant wait for tomorrow's finish.

And thanks so miuch for posting consecutively, readers have to reread stories when they are posted intermittently, e.g. DQS or Metamorphose, but you and some others have made this easy to follow.

bonnietaylorbonnietaylorabout 10 years ago
gave it a 5 for the great writing and the story. if you can feel the man's pain you know the story was written well.

pay no0 attention to the ass wipes on this site, they hate everything. Your story is great and I look forward to reading how she and her lover are dealt with in the end. His love for his children is very apparent and I gave a 5 to help offset the ass holes here who grade every LW story a 1

dgfriendly1dgfriendly1about 10 years ago
This is great

First time I've replied to a story but I had to because I love this so far. All the BTB stories where hubby goes nuclear, while entertaining, aren't close to realistic. This guy is just making the best of his world collapsing. Women are emotional, men are logical. So while the slow burn of his lessening love and growing indifference to his wife may not be to a man's liking in the short term, it's killing his wife emotionally. He couldn't hurt her more if he tried. And THAT'S good revenge.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 10 years ago
I feel like I have done the outline

and this is the story. I think it's quite well done and captivating as hell. Would most guys do this? Maybe not, but he wants to keep his daughters and he has few options, although the wife seems to want to go public with her affair, or at least make people wonder. That public humiliation may be the last straw. It seemed that when he was sick at the party, one of the wives had an inkling about why he was ill. I'm not trying to guess what you have intended for this couple, but I'm very anxious to find out. I consider this a very interesting story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
sad story

poor wimp

1*

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
Excellent

So far this is the best story I have read on this site. I have read hundreds of them and only a few portray the husband and father in a way that I can relate to them. Keep up the great work!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 10 years ago
Another thought crossed my mind.

His revenge on the wife with the Disney trip knowing, that she secretly used her vacation time to screw her boyfriend was as effective as any revenge could ever be. It was something she would suffer over before they left, while they were gone, and long after they came back. Her lies and lack of discipline have, as the Bard would say, caused her to be "hoist by her own petard". She was worried about the money because she wants to continue the farce of the marriage. He no longer gives a shit. He'd lose most of it in a divorce, and if he kills himself, he'd get none of it. His spending the money is another indicator of just how far she has pushed him, and how great the divide has become.

frasnostfrasnostabout 10 years ago
Fantastic!

Well-written and embodies the unique gift of captivating its readers through the torment of the husband and the vacillations of his affair-addicted wife. He is struggling to wean himself off her while she is at the stage of contemplating whether she should wean herself off from her lover; until now her pussy has been doing all the thinking.

This story is an outstanding attempt from TheUnoriginalist hence 5* is a must for this second instalment.

TexasBBTexasBBabout 10 years ago
Well Done

Excellent work. Very well written. Good insight into his suffering to protect his children from it all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
wimp

you deserve all the shit that is being heaped on you. Man up and go ballistic on the offenders. Your pathetic excuse for non action..to shield the kids and give them some time for happiness?? they are going to suffer regardless of how this plays out, the damage has already been done. The process of natural selection determines the alpha male dominates and the lesser individuals are not afforded the opportunity to spread their inadequate genes, thereby preventing the above scenario from playing out. Be the man

SKHPSKHPabout 10 years ago
Not at all unoriginal - even considering HDK's earlier masterpiece

The style, the whole set-up, the deep feelings & especially all his thoughts (written in italic letters) show excellent writing. But please - after her behaviour in this chapter - do not go the path to reconcillition. She is not worth it, and he is the one who should win this war. (I believe in life's fairness!)

Clearly 5*

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistabout 10 years agoAuthor
My walk of shame

I just opened the story to check on something in response to a question SirThopas sent to me, and discovered that apparently when I finished part three, I must not have saved. So I have to cancel the posting of the submitted part three and resubmit it.

It was only about two or three paragraphs worth of words that were missing at the end, and not more than 20 minutes worth of writing, but they were crucial, so I'll just go ahead and admit that I fucked up. I am just about to resubmit it now, so it should be up in a few days. I'm terribly sorry… I really wanted the three chapters to come out back to back.

Many thank you's to every commentor. I don't think I realized how highly I thought of some of the contributors to the site until I got myself all worked up seeing their responses to my little story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wow. Just wow. I hate the ending. I hate the fact that they lost each other. I hate that she cheated and even after his tears, she continued...

But it's still a great story because in life, sometimes there is no happy ending. I wish there was an epilogue that brought some form of closure; but the truth is that's life.

He suffered watching his wife cheat on him with his friend, he suffered as he watched their love evaporate and he suffered having the affair thrown in his face. Could have done things differently? He'll yes. Could he have forced closure with reconciliation or divorce? Fuck yes! But how do you break your kids lives, how do you betray their lives just because you want to be free?

We look down on men and women who abandon their families to pursue happiness, so how can we condemn a man who is willing to suffer betrayal of the most grievous sort simply to provide his children with a mother and father? A man who loves his wife and yet hates her.

Not me.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 10 years ago
Something for EVERYONE ...

A story for ALL, if only they could SEE it!

First (because it should be, whether a reader is a dedicated BtB or a submissive cuck) - the KIDS are being protected! By itself, that should SILENCE anyone who wants to call Hubby a wimp! Shame on those who have!

Next - Sweetie is being emotionally TORTURED much more completely than by using a facial acid bath or a nail-clipper cliterectomy. The ChiComm and NoKoreans broke down a LOT more Allied PoWs in that 'Conflict' using psych methods than the less sophisticated and more brutal VietCong did in the next one! And Sweetie is suffering it for MUCH longer, and NO reasonable way to protect herself except abandoning her family (children, sure, but ALSO Hubby, for whom she still has love in many respects, even sexual!) and she is not about to abandon them!

AND THEN - Bull Carl. Yep, no Hubby kneecapping The Bull, or even just disclosing his treachery to their friends ... no sabotaging his SUV or his livelihood. How then? Through Sweetie ... already happened twice! Not counting pulling Sweetie away at the party! First time was when Sweetie left their assignation early on the night Hubby laid out their future! Probably a lot more damage control than (melancholy lady) fucking THAT night! Then, Carl was 'stood-up' when Sweetie chose (felt compelled) to go to the zoo. Message he WAS not expecting ("Love your dick, but my kids trump everything!" Something almost every father has to figure out fairly early in Dadhood! Tough for a bachelor to comprehend!) Any expectation Bull has of full-on passion during Disney-Week is pure fantasy. It is going to have Sweetie crying and demanding comfort 3-5 times more than Bull Cums, and mediocre or absent Sweetie pleasure!

A full SIX stars, and FAV!

Seek67Seek67about 10 years ago
great story so far cant wait for the next part

I could see your logic in where you were heading with this story before i finished it. The trolls will bag you for writing about a wimp. but he isnt a wimp is he! He has a plan and it didn't include accepting her back into his life. He was putting the kids first. I was in a similar situation. Albeit I never approved and never told her to keep going. I had a new baby and stuck it out til she was nearly one years old. Then I kicked my wife out. Oh and for the trolls, I never had sex with HER after I knew or ever again lol... Now like the slut in this story, she is miserable, can't hold down a man and gets pissed when I have a loving relationship. Great work. He kept his pride, took the high moral ground and most importantly as all good parents should do, is put his childrens needs and happiness first until his whore made it impossible.

hopelessly_otakuhopelessly_otakuabout 10 years ago
Holy mother of........

Mind blowing. The implications are just too staggering. You sir have taken the concept of 'burn the bitch' to a whole different level, let the bitch slow burn herself, death by a thousand cuts. The realisation that he stayed not to be with her but for the children, no matter the pain to himself must be crushing. Just because she has degraded herself into a pile of shit, just because she couldn't apply them in her context doesn't mean that she has lost all sense of right and wrong. How can she not admire the fortitude of this amazing man. Had she not witnessed how it destroyed him and yet he chose to do the right thing, the moral thing. And the more she admires him how can she not more despise herself for being the lowliest scum. Soon she will begin comparing, consciously or subconsciously, him with Carl. She will begin to see what a piece of shit he is. She will question her sanity for choosing Carl over him. And all like that, the affair begins to seem less attractive and all her supposed happiness melt into the air. She'll have to remain in a loveless marriage. How can she not if he can stay on for the sake of the children what right does she have to end it with a divorce. The Disney visit was an ingenious way to bring home the fact that this was all her doing, nobody else to blame.

Finally, hats off to you for conveying all of that without exactly coming out and saying it in so many words. 10*s and instant favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great so far.

I don't know where this story is heading, but I'm loving it.

paulroverpaulroverabout 10 years ago
Brilliant Story.

Well written, different approach. My only concern is your commnet at the beginning about this NOT being a BTB story. May I suggest that BTB could stand for BUST THE BASTARD also-- Carl needs PAIN. a lot of it.

FD45FD45about 10 years ago
I have one question

And I'm not sure if this is a fair question, but I'll ask anyway.

His motive for making her continue fucking that asshole Carl was that it 'made her happy'. Happy mom=happy kids=happy dad. He wants to keep the status quo.

BUT, by revealing this to her and taking these measures, her happiness is directly impacted. So revealing his knowledge of the affair seems counter productive to a certain extent.

I get the motive. He doesn't want to maintain the pretense, though many cuckolded husbands over the years have done just that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
if he is smart

The plane tickets should be for Mexico city or Rio or some other country with less than friendly cooperation with US law enforcement. Juan could raise his daughter's in a whore free environment while finding just the right senorita to keep him happy.

Saxon Hart

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Agree with Paulrover...

Good ole buddy Carl needs to experience ALOT of pain; castration comes to mind.

hopelessly_otakuhopelessly_otakuabout 10 years ago
just a suggestion

I thought you ended it but found there is a third installment. If it's going to go the way I feel its going, could you do it through her point oh view. The way she realizes with time that his method of revenge is more subtle and more complete. That he doesn't have to say outright, what a disgusting human she is but he subtly nudges her to figure it out herself and slowly come to hate herself to bits. That she feels trapped, that she just can't opt out because the marriage has become loveless and inconvenient because he didn't opt out even when he was in mortal pain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Well written

I gave this story 5* although I'm conflicted. On one hand I can't say that I have 'enjoyed' reading it but I can't stop and have to see how it ends. As I read the story I can feel John's pain and it takes a talented writer to truly convey emotions through text.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
One more chapter

Nice

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A way forward…

First let me agree with FD, you can write. The scenes and thoughts you describe impose emotion and empathy upon your readers (or at least upon me). So please keep with it.

That’s really the important feedback… commenting upon what ‘should’ happen (as if what we want – or root for - matters) is more like trying to predict the outcome of the Superbowl; it’s entertaining to discuss, but not really relevant to the game to be played.

So second, let me get to my pre-third-posting game-analysis (how mixed up is that metaphor???). Let’s first assume that everything that she came to realize at the end of this section is ‘true’: she really does love him; she realizes she’s been a ___; he’s really through with her (yes, please). Then, there is a clear path forward (at least on I’m ‘rooting’ for). She needs to atone – to her husband, but even more importantly, to her family. She probably can never hope to make it right with him (with the assumption that they’re done), but she can attempt to lift her share of the burden to prevent it from being his alone – she can refocus on being a part of the family again. It’s her turn to shield the girls, focus on work, focus on being a mother. Perhaps she can give him his moments, allow him his space, let him find peace and even try to support him in building a new social life, separate from her, that would allow him, over time, to find what she took from him – a relationship with a loving woman…

So I predict (or hope) that it’s a bittersweet end… she becomes (at least partially) redeemed as she realizes they’ve nearly hit rock-bottom as a family and she dedicates herself to making it better for the other members of the family. This path does inexorably lead to separation and divorce (after some time), but perhaps without so much acrimony. Perhaps with two parents collaborating on keeping things focused on the girls… and her acknowledging, even pushing, for him to get out socially so that he can have a chance at a new romance.

Here’s for hoping she gets her head out of her ass…

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
My 2 Cents

This is a great story as others have noted. HDK is correct his story "Yesterday" is at best an early outline of this story. This author goes deep into hubby's soul as well as his immediate thoughts that he doesn't share with the slut. This is the opposite of most stories. Someone said this was BTB at a new higher more painful level. I agree. More painful for both spouses and hopefully the bull.

hebert100hebert100about 10 years ago
agonizing

this story is so gut wrenching and agonizing that I can't read it at one setting. really well done. how about a happy one. unfortunately thanks for a well crafted tale. 5*

nonethewisernonethewiserabout 10 years ago
Very very good

I really enjoy it. You really can write. In real life, of the wife wanted to save what she could, she would beg, borrow or steal the money and get the time off to go to Disney World. If -at this stage and knowing what she knows- she was more worried about money or her job then trying everything, then she really is walking away. Actions speak louder then words.

Can not wait to see where you take this.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Excellent

I am so glad that HDK responded to this story. I always wondered how the scenario he laid out would have worked. I don't know if his ideas correspond to yours but you have done an excellent job with your story.

As many have noted and I will also comment, you are an excellent writer. You have conveyed the pain, the strength, the foolishness, and the trauma resulting from here affair very well. I am fascinated to see how all of this plays out.

I am puzzled about one thing and it has nothing to do with yours story. How can this guy be viewed as a wimp? I don't get how a reader could come to that conclusion. He is trying to do something not many would ever consider, but it isn't to draw her back but to protect his children. He loves her, true enough, but love and hate are very close emotions. And I have heard many times, one can love someone and still not like them very much if at all.

You have done an excellent job with this story. Thank you for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Gave a 5*

But am still waiting for him to take care of Carl's future, and now his whore wife as well. Please don't disappoint.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 10 years ago
Excellent Series

First, TUO is writing the woman very well - she could be a JPB wife or a PapaToad or Winterfrog wife. She's perfect and everybody else is the problem. Second, he captures the husband's pain and occasional lapses very well, as well as his temptation to put her out of his misery. Third, his course of action is at least somewhat rational, as he'd get completely screwed if he divorced her. As much as I love my kids (and I was a single dad with custody of my kids), no way I could do what he did.

Difficult to see a non-tragic ending coming out of this one - perhaps they can co-exist and then split after the kids are grown. In addition to the parallel with HDK's story, there's also somewhat of a parallel (but different time frame) with "Fifth Place" (one of my favorites) by rpsuch. Great series; very thought-provoking.

DunaDunaabout 10 years ago
Idea usage

To shield daughters idea comes from itmgr2010 "Disco Nights" and in that story the husband divorced her serial cheater wife, when his youngest daughter went to colege.

I think the idea usage is not problem, because other author can write other solution for an idea.

frasnostfrasnostabout 10 years ago
Proof is in the pudding...

You can tell a story is so well-written, so compelling that it evokes a plethora of spasmodic emotions from the trolls who like nothing better than to articulate their rage through inane expletives.

Wifey thought she was getting the best of both worlds but now hubby dearest has shoe-horned her into accepting a boilerplate contract, or a rendering of sorts. She's already indulged in extra-marital orgasms and now she faces the prospect of a matrimonial meltdown, and that too without any physical intervention from her calculating hubby.

I simply cannot wait for the third instalment!

katranmankatranmanabout 10 years ago
Terrific

Watching an emotional train wreck is difficult but impossible to ignore. I look forward to the finish, a great read so far!

john1946john1946about 10 years ago

This is actually a very good story There does need to be a payback, because cheating is WRONG. But who should ultimately pay the price.........So often the cheaters just walk away with each other and everyone else pays. And the judicial system is very big in supporting that. I look forward to your ending......

likegoodwinelikegoodwineabout 10 years ago
Excellent story

I feel lucky that I had time enough to read some stories lately or I would have miss this one. It could even end right here when she realized that they are done as a family and that it is her doing. I like open ended stories once in a while, although I like them better when it ends on a comical punch line.

Keep the stories coming!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Very Good But Painful To Read.

I hope there is a happy ending in there for him and some real pain for his ole buddy, thanks.

likeboblikebobabout 10 years ago

I am, like many others, really enjoying this story so far.Anxiously waiting for the next installment. Thank you.

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
Um, dude...

This tale IS BTB. He's just using a novel approach to burning her down. As a (barely) practicing Catholic, I can appreciate the Guilt Trip tactic he's using. I'm liking this so far. Keep it up.

5 Stars for each Chapter so far.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 10 years ago
Not sure of where this is going

There is a lot of disconnect between what he says at different points. He tells her he loves her. He obviously no longer does. Was that a deliberate lie to her to throw her off the track? She finally discerns that he is doing this for the girls, so that they could enjoy being children for a little longer. Does that mean he IS planning on leaving at some point and is lying to her? He says he has no interest in her sexually and emotionally and yet is still bothered when she plays her games. FINALLY, she tries one more game and he JUST DOESN'T CARE! She recognizes she has lost all connection with him. He claimed that connection was gone a long time ago, but was it? He is emotionally tortured for someone already resolved to what has happened. I'm not sure if he is lying to her to screw with her head, and/or lying to himself about how he really feels and what he plans to do.

It is nicely written but he often seems to be a feminized male character, weepy and emotional and his whining is grossly irritating to listen to. Guys do get upset about things but they usually decide what action they are going to take and settle down and do it. Men that put themselves in situations where they are continually being slapped down are pathetic. It's like "A Series of Unfortunate Events" for adults without any redeeming characteristics.

I keep waiting for some type of clever axe to fall on his wife and her lover. But I would be surprised if he had the fortitude to do anything besides cry about it. However, I wonder if there is more going on than he lets on. Hopefully there is. Otherwise this has been 3 chapters of a wimpy guy and an unfaithful wife and a waste of time.

DrallDrallabout 10 years ago
Painful !

Another reader commented -Painful. I so agree. I have been reading here for about 8 years and have only been drawn into a story like this a few times. This is a great one! Thank you so much,TU!

green117green117about 10 years ago
Excellent part two - better than I had hoped...

Actually, to expand on HDKs comment about the Disney World trip - he is liquidating his marriage to give his daughters one last thing.

As emotional manipulation, that is way above expert level.

The business about her being happy - he was telling her that she was in love with Carl - and I take the authors' word for it. What was he to do? Show her what that meant in terms of her marriage and family?

Was she parroting Carls' rationale for the affair? Yes... will that work for her? No...

Can love be evil? Sure it can - when the people doing it are selfish, almost always...

Looking forward to the continuation -

Green-something

green117green117about 10 years ago
Gotta add -

She got it wrong - part of the motivation was to allow him to stop loving her.

God knows, if he didn't stop loving her then the fact that he saw her loving someone else might lead him to unacceptable actions.

"An Average Descent" somehow seems to stick in my mind as a possible pair to this one.

YMMV

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
So far, so good

I'm almost afraid to read Part 3 and somehow be let down...but I can't wait.

This one is very intense.

Cog

qhml1qhml1about 10 years ago
Just Excellent

His pain is real, and it shows through in all his actions. To present his case to her as he did was perfect. The fact that she would have stopped if he'd told her to, but given an option blasted full speed ahead regardless of the pain she had to know it would cause, his protestations aside, tells us everything. It's obvious it was all for the children, and equally obvious that she didn't realize it until too late.

The Disney trip was genius, backing her into a corner she couldn't get out of, and bringing the pain full circle back onto her. It's about a resolution and not a happy ending.

Thanks for the read.

Q

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistabout 10 years agoAuthor
thanks again

Thanks again for all the comments, and apologies again for screwing up the delivery of chapter 3. It's been submitted, and I won't pretend I'm not praying that it's as well received as this one is. I just wish it wasn't several days away from arrival.

Then again, since this is already just a retelling of someone else's idea, I'd be hard pressed to complain if anybody wanted to do an alternate ending :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Well portrayed scenes of a ruined marriage.

But there's only one conclusion. Their divorce. Because the reality is that no man is going to live like that. Without love. Without sex. Doing so insults his intelligence and will hurt the kids worse in the long run. But he's going to get the shaft. She will get custody. She will stay in the house. He will pay alimony and child support and get to see his kids maybe every other weekend. And regardless of how hard he tries to shield the kids, they will soon know what is happening between their Mother and Father. So all his pain, all his planning is for naught. And THAT'S Why I didn't like this story. Not that it isn't well written. Not that it isn't a truthful portrayal of a marriage in collapse. It is simply too obvious how this plays out in real life. Oh you may chose to put some spin on it, but in the end, they will all pay the price for her cheating. What the hell is entertaining or fun about that?

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
custody ? maybe, maybe not

If he can prove himself to be the primary caregiver of the children, then, in some jurisdictions he has a very good chance of getting custody.

One of the downsides of spending too much time away from home with a lover.

DunaDunaabout 10 years ago
Solutions for an idea

To remain for kids stories are many in LW it is not original. I mentioned itmgr2010's story "Disco Nights". But SS06 wrote more or c1992w's story has recently been a good example for a solution =TRUE open marriage, where the husband has lovers too.

I am curious for the end of this story. I give stories ONLY 1 and 5 or nothing. I could not decide to give either nothing or 5*****.for this story, but the likely to give 1* is low now for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great Great Story

I believe this is your first story and it is already one of the great ones. I also appreciate you finishing the story so that there is not an over long wait between chapters. My take is that the husband was testing his wife and that he might have taken her back if she had quit cuckolding him. Husband insisted Wife keep her dates with boyfriend and she did. But she didn't have to. Then she played games at the party with her boyfriend and when caught doing that continued her affair behind his back even using her vacation time to do so. It appears at the end she may have finally "gotten it." Husband may have been testing her and she flunked her test miserably. Now that she appears to have genuine remorse we will have to wait for chapter 3 to see if it is too late to save her husband. I don't believe someone acting as the Husband has in this story is a wimp and even if he is there are much worse things than being a wimp.

Anonymous 1.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Be a lot better if he just cut Carl's cock off and shoved down the cock suckin' bitches throat as she watched Carl bleed to death

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Real

I know a guy who has lived this. He went through it for the same reasons the husband in this story did - because he loved the kids. His wife never had that moment where she understood why he was doing it and in turn what she was doing to him. He simply served his time in hell and held it together for his kids. The kids all thrived and did well in school and went off to bright futures. Long before they did, they all came to realize what the mother was up to and what their father had suffered. They all paid their mother back for the pain she had caused their father. Once out of the house, they all exorcised their mother from their lives. It is a long hard strategy, but it achieved the goal this guy set. He loved his kids more than anyone in his life before or since. He got over his wife, and simply did not care after a while. He saw her for the selfish user that she was, and still is today. When the kids left, so did he.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
hard to see where this is going

I appreciate HDK's comments immensely. I have always loved his stories, but I have to say, this being your first submission, it's simply outstanding. Having been in a somewhat similar situation years ago, you can't stay there for the kids no matter what. You can do everything to shield them, but at the end of the day, SHE's the one who destroyed the family, NOT you. Move forward, find a better love and life and let her finally see what she has thrown away. She'll truly regret what she has done if she's anything like my ex-wife.

rojete15rojete15about 10 years ago
Make it obligatory reading

I would make it obligatory to read this for new literoticans, specially those aiming for LW. And for them to make a short essay, to show understanding. We would get a lot fewer "cuck hating" comments. Harry's head would probably explode. That sort of things, none bad.

Now, seriously, very good. Painful, powerful, to the point. I don't get the wife. She had to know she was destroying the family further and further. Maybe I am weird, but... I don't get her.

Waiting for the ending. And for new stories of the author

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 10 years ago
reading the story, even a well written story

its stupid, its not the 50's any more. The marriage is over, she has no respect for him or love for that matter. Why bring a dead horse to water. I agree with the making memories for the kids, but the zoo one is tainted because her cheating ass was there. Also why but come a cuckold for a whore, no lesson was taught, he was done from day one. Two event since then and that makes up for what she's done, how? They will find out why their parents divorced. In time he could have healed, but now going threw the crap he did, and now he'll be damaged man and for what, a few good memories and a lot of bad ones. (4****'s)

PultoyPultoyabout 10 years ago
Agonizing

This is such agony to read. Not because the grammar or punctuation is poor, but because you TUO have painted the picture of these characters with such an expert hand.

The manipulation from her, the pain of him, the insult of her towards him, the agony is really over the top, written the best I've ever seen. I'm so mad, I'd like a chance to choke her myself.

In reality, I just say that I admire the superb job you've done here. Thank you so much for writing.

5*

Regards,

-Pultoy

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 10 years ago
I thought chapter one was a tiny bit weak, but...

this chapter more than made up for it. Great stuff! I love lots of emotion in stories and this has it in spades. I wish you hadn't screwed up on the 3rd. chapter, I can't wait to see what he has in store for the two. I hope some of his revenge spills over on lover-boy as well.

Keep up the good work.

newtinmplsnewtinmplsabout 10 years ago
The depth of the husbands character is amazing to read

I read a great deal of this story out loud, since I had to share your evocative turns of phrase with my spouse. You have a deft hand with showing how characters feel, and the contrast between what the husband said and thought was beautiful and horrible. It's terrible to watch as an "us" is broken apart. I've studied enough evolutionary psychology (odd stuff, really, but that's another essay) to understand how easy it is for the betrayed one to have a murderous rage response. I find it impressive, and sad, and believable that this wife has pushed him beyond rage and into clarity. He is much more self-aware than most would be in a similar situation (and this pretty much includes all the anon BTB posters).

I also liked the recognition that the wife's self-esteem was boosted by the affair in a way that it was not by the marriage. That also says a great deal about the lack of communication - without the author ever having to be so heavy handed as to say something like "the communication had been bad".

I will be favorite-ing this story so I can keep going back and learning from it.

Bill1104Bill1104about 10 years ago
This is the best

I don't believe that there is a LW "Hall of Fame" story that I haven't read. This is one is better than them all, much better. I find myself agreeing with every good critique and rejecting the bad ones thinking the post simply doesn't understand.

Wonderful,

Bill1104

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
truth is

the truth is the law will screw you over. he turned love into not caring for her

or what was going to happen to her. in the 50`s a cheater got the short end of the stick and shame from almost every one. now days so many people are

divorced or shacking up no one cares but the one who was cheated on. in the

end he did not care and she could not hurt him any more. his way out.

ohioohioabout 10 years ago
An even more powerful continuation

to your powerful first chapter. One of the fascinating things is that it's not clear whether we can always believe the first-person narrator. His own feelings (or what he tells us about them) swing so wildly, from moments of unbearable pain, sadness, the urge to kill, to other moments of numbness and cold resignation where we believe (or at least he believes) that he no longer feels anything for her.

But the result isn't confusing, as much as it's rich. I can't claim that I know exactly how John feels about Karen at this point--except that it's complicated and that he's in a huge amount of pain.

This is a very powerful and absorbing story--my congratulations. I await the last chapter like everyone else, and look forward to whatever you will write next.

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
YUCK & DOUBLE YUCK!! Soooo TERRIBLE! NO WAY such an UNSTABLE marital situation could not be felt STRONGLY by the kids

BTW, They sell a special tool for pulling your fingernails off, if you'd like a little more pain. Just remember to do it SLOWLY to make the pain all that more intense.

Who are you kidding? For the kids? HELL NO!!

He's doing it for his own selfish reasons.

Just divorce the cheating bitch, and move on!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
low marks from cuckeye007 and that crowd means...

it must be good, comments from HDK, ohio, and other good writers indicates strong writing, keep going.

Good to see the Albanian goat-humper still on the loose, as incoherent and retarded as ever.

looking4itlooking4itabout 10 years ago
So Many Comments Already

It has been a long time since we've had a story with this much thought and depth in LW. It is evident with the number of comments so quick. I know he is a willing cuck and not only that but giving permission to carry on; normally that would result in straight 1's and every troll calling for the author's head (except for the gay crowd who love to identify with the cuck and suck characters). I have not looked forward to story installments for too long, in fact, I can't remember the last time.

For my two cents worth. DAMN, have you made me mad on several occasions in this story. Karen is unbelievable. She reminds me of a StangStar06 female character where she is so selfish, self-centered, clueless to her actions in regard to others, and borderline (or not so borderline) neurotic that she lives in an entirely different world that is closed to everyone else. Even now she barely registers what she had done to him and has no clue how Carl has manipulated her into this situation. That is perhaps one of the things that I find alarming about this stories and others like it, how easily the female protagonist is swayed and manipulated. I'm not saying it isn't believable but it is sad that it could possibly be so believable. I'm a BTC(heater) kind of guy but I don't know where this one will go and if it can be written in a way that he gets to keep his kids, dignity, job, home and Carl gets what he deserves reconciliation could be acceptable.

As for Carl. I guess as a believer in justice and looking for every wife stealing jackass to have to pay consequence to their action I hope you have something in store for him. Well, I guess part of me does. I almost believe that if its cliche it will ruin the story, in fact I do believe that so I hope you have something that will make him face the music for his choices.

I hope the next chapter will continue to live up to the first two. Too many writers here, even the good ones, fall quickly to the end and "epilogue" the hell out of the story and characters. You say Unoriginalist but I am not very familiar with this particular plot line and I know that no one has done a finer job with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
One of them will suicide

This story is getting even darker. I can understand his view although there is no way I could ever replicate his actions. I suspect he will not have to deal with Carl at all. I suspect Karen will do it for him.

One thing is for certain. Karin now knows she is outside and looking in on the family she used to have. I do hope your male lead doesn't go weepy at the end and accept her back into the marriage as an equal partner. She doesn't deserve that honor or privilege.

FD45FD45about 10 years ago
I appreciate the other commenters

But one thing remains which is (somewhat) exculpatory to her.

She wanted to quit. She didn't want to go when he dropped the bomb

She didn't want to go back after that first session. She wanted to 'fix' things.

HE gave her no other option. We know his motivation for that, but AT THE TIME she did not.

I was rather disgusted at how quickly she resumed her normal activities however, trying to work both ends around the middle.

I find her actions of burning her vacation to be short sighted and not evil. She was in love with Carl...sort of...but she burnt her days so she could reconnect with the family. Too bad her husband knows Judo.

I don't see her as a total waste of space, but she was a very selfish person.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Again another wimp tale

Why all wimps think they are smarts and dont be fools or they have a lot of pride, this tale dont have any sense.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 10 years ago
He Is Not Like Me

But then who is? I would do everything in my power to shield the kids, but that would not include living in hell myself. There are other better ways. In truth, kids are way more resilient than we assume. You have me though; I'm hooked.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Morons

They are both stupids selfcentered morons, they dont think about your children.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
good or bad

I'm not sure where you're heading here but so far you've done a great job capturing so many readers attention & comments, both praiseworthy & harsh. While many comments are about how wimpish he is, unless you've lived in this situation nobody knows how they will react. I'm sure every true blue dad would die to protect his kids; in this case he feels this is his way of protecting them, right or wrong. Can't wait until the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
On what planet do these people live?

This tortured stupidity is nothing more than the writer's self serving idiocy for thinking he is clever. This is just fucking stupid. Fortunately, as stupid and selfish as the world gets, it is not this stupid.

warspitewarspiteabout 10 years ago
Damned sneaky

The way I've read your story I can almost see hubby slowly knocking out the bricks that hold up her little world. The foundation gets weaker every time she acts up. The thing some folks here forget is just because he "gave" his permission doesn't mean she had to act on it. She could have gone out to a movie, gone bowling or even sat in church contemplating just what the hell she was doing. The fact is that she ran right back to her lover. The little scene at the neighborhood party just reinforces it. As for the zoo trip, that was only her acting from guilt.

The Disneyland trip is like setting the last of the explosives ready to implode and topple what little structure remains of their marriage. She knows she'll never be able to afford to repeat the trip herself before her daughters are too old and all the happy memories from the trip will involve only daddy. The demolition began when he first found out about the affair but like trying to take down a tall building in tight quarters, you have to do a little bit at a time. In the end, the smoke and debris will be kept to a minimum and no other structures will be damaged.

As for the 'I hate cucks' crowd, ignore them. I've never quite got the mentality of going Chuck Norris on everyone. To do so in the real world would mean no end of trouble for him. A divorce on her terms, loss of custody of his children and probably jail time and a record to follow him around the rest of his life. I doubt the thrill would be worth the trouble.

Looking forward to the next installment.

carvohicarvohiabout 10 years ago
About your name tag; 'the unoriginalist'

It's the worst name tag imaginable. This story is dynamite! Incredibly original! I'm drooling waiting for the next installment.

Alas the other commenters have covered what my thoughts have been so I have nothing to add except heaps of praise. I especially appreciated HDK's double remark, and Hebert100 did himself well.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 10 years ago
Great story

Nobody criticizes a singer who records a song someone else made famous, so we shouldn't worry about reusing a plot if, as you have here, it is well done.

There are not many cheating wives plots anyway. The story certainly kept my interest, and I'll look forward to part three, and many more stories for you.

Chilley

shangoshangoabout 10 years ago
P.T. Barnum nailed it

Your Hero is neglecting his health and the family's financial health. This is beneficial to his daughter's how...? Both Hubby and Wife are very bad people and the children are the victims. Yet, the majority thinks this is entertaining?

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 10 years ago
Mixed feelings

Our hero, John, may be planning something very clever for Karen and Carl, but for the time being, he is the only one who is really hurting, which bothers me and

I think, lots of other readers. Karen may have a little hurt simmering inside, but one would hardly know it based on her behavior with Carl at the block party.

The story is well-written but John does come across as wimpish. The notion that their children are happy and can't tell that something is wrong just does not compute. From demonstrative love between John and Karen, to nothing? Most children are perceptive enough to figure out a storm is brewing, and when the Disney trip happens without their Mom, they'll definitely realize Mom and Dad are fighting.

I would like to see where this is all going and am disappointed that part three will be late. In most actual scenarios similar to this one (in real life), I suspect Karen would file for divorce, let the courts secure the children and money for her, and she'll have her lover anyway. She thinks she still loves John but since he won't make love to her, why stick around and put up with his anger? I think most women would just end it (as would most real men).

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanabout 10 years ago
Problems

Love the writing. Hate the characters. First the slut. As a slut I have no use for her. Unfortunately the courts do not see immoral behaviour as reason to keep someone away from their children. Behaviour is taught and she will teach her children a lesson that will have them going to court later in their lives. The wimp also turns my stomach. I realize as a reader in order for there to be a story the victim has to do something for the writer to write about. The author has chosen the most damaging action that can not have the desired outcome. Firstly the children will notice the problems between the parents after all they are not dead. Second at some point in the future the slut will tire of the oblique abuse the wimp is giving her and she will file for the divorce that he is trying to avoid. So in the end he gets raped by the courts and the children gain the benefits of a broken home living with the slut that caused it all. History tends to repeat itself and it certainly will in the lives of the children. Ultimately that is why the plot fails. Still well written I gave this a ****.

DunaDunaabout 10 years ago
A betli play may be won or may be lost.

Chelley I agree, if somebody uses a plot type that does not mean the story is the carbone copy of other's stories.

I agree Vulcan in Ohio this scenario will not take long time, if the lover wants a family with wife and step daughters. But not every lover prefers the step father role.

In the Robber Ulti card play either the player wins or defeats a Betli play.

Everything depends on the lover. In that case the lover does not think of living in family with step daughters, the cheating wife will defeat at the end. In the Robber Ulti card play is two odds everytime as after the divorce from a wrong marriage. A good example Likegoodvine's story "No String Attached".

To play saint is not good role, because the frustrated cheating wife will not follow to live a constant remembering to her responsibility of the family disaster. Generally such life situation ended either divorce or (at step father role hater lover) true open marriage. The husband gets extramarital adventure or mistress too and the saint role disapears. The majority of the true open marriages are time bombs for divorce too..........When the youngest child is 18 years the common interst ends.

.

YathinkYathinkabout 10 years ago
Good writing skills; not so good story

Your writing skills are excellent, but I can't wrap my head around the story.

As I read, I kept saying over and over to myself:

"who could possibly live in this situation?"

Who would put up with either of their behaviors?

Neither the husband nor the wife.

Even if he somehow could put up with it, Karen wouldn't. She would order him to "play nice" with her, or she would kick him out and/or divorce him. There's no way anyone would live long term with how he's behaving. Additionally, I doubt 99% of men could live with how she's behaving.

And while he MAY have been playing the martyr role for the kids' happiness (he seems to have multiple motives), in reality the marriage is now so toxic, it would severely affect the kids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
FD45

I'm not going to give her much credit for "wanting to quit." What else was she going to say the moment she was busted, unless she was already prepared for a divorce? Judging by the actions of her character going forward (continuing to sneak around even though she has permission) I think the best he could have realistically hoped for was her "cooling off" the affair for a few weeks or even months before resuming the situation with her lover once she felt the coast was clear.

Cog

FireFox59FireFox59about 10 years ago
Damn It!!

Stories like this one makes my blood boil!! If it wasn't so well written I would say fuck this shit. I'm not even close the having the patients that John seems to have. I’m clinging to a small sliver of hope that John will get his balls and dignity back in the end some how. Me, both Carl and Karen would have been painfully reduced to fish food long ago and I would be living happily ever after.

CharlieB4CharlieB4about 10 years ago
Loved it.

Simply a great story. I'm find myself not bothering to wonder where it's going to end up I'm just enjoying the ride. 5*

starmanfivestarmanfiveabout 10 years ago
Wonderful story

I loved it. I don't understand enduring such pain, especially since she offered to stop. Maybe he was done with her. Maybe he enjoyed pain because he knew that this would hurt her. Whatever the reason I am looking forward to the next installment.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous