All Comments on 'A Boy and His Genie Ch. 15 - END'

by DragoTime

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Congratulations

Congratulations you are the first author, at least the ones I have read, to complete a genie story. Maybe the genie story curse will be lifted. I can see the problem Lumiosa created she is kind almost shy but very devoted and protective of her masters who unlike Alexis wants very much to be the servant genie. I think her problem now is that she is not going to be able to have another master since Matt is immortal as she is and unless he voluntarily give her up she is not going to be able to serve another master and give her meaning in her life. I think that is why she is spending so much time in her lamp she is possibly becoming depressed and I hope Matt sees that and makes changes to bring her along and get her involved it what he is doing so she can feel useful and loved by him again.

silverslydersilverslyderalmost 9 years ago
Far too abrupt

This story has been a pleasure to read however this ending is extremely abrupt and has the definite edge of being rushed. I'm not sure what I was expecting but this certainly wasn't it.

searchingforperfectionsearchingforperfectionalmost 9 years ago
Good save

I say that because a lot of authors, including some whose names you'd find in Barnes and Noble, paint themselves into a corner and can't get out. You did a better job of it than many.

I agree that the ending was a bit rushed; but, in fact, I think that the whole scene set in Imperial Earth was a wrong turn. I realize why you put it in there (to indicate that the genies were still around in the future), but unless you're planning a sequel I think that could have been handled differently.

The problem with ending a story like this is, of course, that once you introduce an omnipotent character it's hard to create any tension in the plot. You pretty much have to start over from a different perspective (war between the gods); or you can take the dark road of internal conflict and unintended consequences. Either would extend the story enormously, creating what would essentially be a sequel.

Of course, your omnipotent characters are not omniscient.

DragoTimeDragoTimealmost 9 years agoAuthor

Random fact: I've been trying to post this last chapter for like 2 weeks but it got rejected twice, and this third time took about a week to clear.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Knockoff

You've probably been aware of this, but someone else tried to plagiarize your work (http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=220506). All they did was change the names and reorder the title- a clear lack of imagination. They were called out pretty quickly, and only posted the first chapter. Well, imitation is the greatest form of flattery, I suppose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
References easy to spot

Story byline was the last words of the 4th Doctor.

One of the planet Matt and Sophie mentioned was Ribos, as in The Ribos Operation, the first episodes of the Keys of Infinity story arc.

Enjoyed the story (well the first 8 chapters), but you really need to plan your story out better. I hate to see a talented storyteller fall victim to lack of foresight.

If you end up doing another genie story, I strongly recommend the "Sex Genie" formula, BahG shows you've got the chops to write one as good as JoeBrolly or 800lbGorrilla.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I'm Sorry to See This Come to an End

As I am sure you remember I was not one of your biggest fans in the beginning. The opening chapters seemed, to me, to be very sophomoric and formulaic and I wasn't really all that interested to read any more about it. All the characters could think about was sex and orgies (of course this is Literotica!) and there was so much more that they could have wished for but didn't.

And then something changed. You added some intriguing plot-lines and depth to the story and I actually started to care about what happened. I didn't like everything, of course, but the improvements you were making was enough to help me overlook the shortcomings in your writing and to keep me interested.

Like some of the others who already commented here, I think this chapter was not needed. The story ended nicely enough at the end of the last chapter where all the loose ends were brought together and tied up in a neat little knot. The new characters and certain situations and behaviors they exhibited only suffice in introducing another story-arc or set of story-arcs, thus "The End" becomes truly a misnomer (unless, of course, you do not investigate any of these new plot-lines with future episodes).

Anyway, I appreciate the fact that you actually listened to some of your critics and used their suggestions to improve your story. We are an important part of Literotica and critique these stories because we care. Now have a happy and good luck in any and all future endeavors.

Roger.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Where else

Where else do you post your stories, if there is a site that does not censor your vision -which I like very much I would like to follow your work there.

DragoTimeDragoTimealmost 9 years agoAuthor
Other Sites

sexstories.com and storiesonline.net

Tylermcd93Tylermcd93almost 9 years ago
So sad ):

I'm so sad to see this end but it had to happen sooner or later. Also I didn't realize how restrictive Literotica's rules were and I'm sorry you had to have your work censored and altered. But I hope to read more from you in the future. Very good story, one of the best on this site in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Best Story Ever

That literally was the best story ive read

I really want u to either continue the story or make more stories like it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
One of the best stories ever

Man, you should publish a book on amazon!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
some good, some bad

to the first poster: 2 things...

first there is a completed genie story. Read The Genie Chronicles - Gemini by BarbarianLover. It's actually pretty good.

Seond, Matt and Sophie gave both Lumiosa and Alexis their freedom. They are both individuals. That was done in Ch 14.

To Silverslyder... I don't understand how this is abrupt... he is been wrapping things up for 3 chapters. This was simply an epilogue.

And to the author: I guess the story would not be complete without one more rape scene. That scene being Bothro's rape of Moune.

I've been very critical because I like the genie concept, but this whole thing felt like it was written by a child, or someone who is very disconnected from people, both men and women. There were some interesting things in the story, but if you want an example of how to do a good genie story without resorting to rape and childishness, try reading the Genie Chronicles from JoeBrolly, 800lbGorilla, and BarbarianLover... BarbarianLover actually finished his story!

Fuckboy1Fuckboy1over 8 years ago
Thanks

This story as inspired me to write a story too but u would like to say a good story always makes u wish it never ended. You did a good job with that so keep up the good work

TJSkywindTJSkywindalmost 8 years ago
Interesting entry

Generally fun, but there were a few seriously grey areas. Wishing people to like what's being done to them is mind control. And I agree that simply killing the former slaves was the easy way out for two late teens who aren't very aware of real consequences. I want to like this and gave it high marks, but I also feel a bit ambivalent about it as a whole. Two omnipotent teens running around the galaxy?

I was generally entertained -- though you have a habit of creating plot threads that you usually have your characters come back to later (like forgetting to let her parents stop having sex after days? Yikes!), but some you just left by the wayside.

I see that you are posting more stories on those other two sites you listed rather than here. Any particular reason?

I know nothing of Sentai, but I picked up both Ribos and 12 moons of Jallifrax as Whovian references.

Leaving Alexis and Lumiosa behind, though, felt wrong. Leaving them alone for nearly three centuries? Alexis apparently coped quite well, but Lumiosa obviously felt abandoned. Being omnipotent, they could have returned shortly after leaving and taken along the genies who were supposed to be their friends and companions. Since you left the tale with the four together, one hopes they are now reunited.

Interesting name choices for the protagonists - Matt being short for Matthew, which translates to 'gift of god' and Sophie is from Greek, Sofia, which is 'wisdom.' Alexis is 'defender' - a derivation of Alexander, and Lumiosa is a variation of luminos, for 'light.'

And the paradox of creation. Anony - nice reference to Heinlein. With a paradox you can either have a pair of docs (quacks) or a pair of ducks (go quackers). Fantasy doesn't have to follow the rules of science. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
oh shoot

I started this at 3 at night and remained glued till 5. Very very well written.Kudos .

PS I'm 13.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Started for pleasure ended with intrest

I was just really looking for some ok fantasy material i was good after chapter 2 but i couldnt stop reading until i was done the concept is amazing thankyou for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very good series after a long time

Very good series after a long time

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Rapists

Another genie story filled with rapists

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
other stories

Hi. I loved this story. Where can I read more stuff you have written? What other sites are you on? Please let me know. I'm a fan now and wanna read your stuff. Thanks

Jonathan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
thank you

look around, this site you have editors writers, that will help you flesh out your stories. here are a few of my favorite writers: 3sm by Tefler, Tristan's Tale by IncomingPornDuck and etc.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thanks

I’d never read anything with genies before this and i gotta say thank you man bc you have introduced me to this amazing genre

DivwayDivwayalmost 4 years ago
Now this brings a more imaginative way to describe god

Now, this brings a more imaginative way to describe god. Mat and Sophie made the universe. Not a single entity with a male name. DragoTime I have loved this story. Current and also hanging onto the ancient fantasies of the genie. The way Matt keeps Sophie in line is done in a splendid way. Not overpowering each other. She has many moments with him before the realization comes home. You have for your first story, produced a wonderful one which I know I will read again. I find when you do, you spot things you have missed.

If you write more I will read. Thanks for this one. Loved it.

TSreaderTSreaderalmost 4 years ago
A fun story to read!

Very enjoyable and had me hooked from the beginning. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Disappointed by the paradox

Passable writing and it was interesting enough to keep me going through all the parts, which is an accomplishment in itself! I did a lot of skimming at times but given the age and maturity of the main characters I'm not saying anything was wrong about that.

The paradox of the makers really disappointed me though. It invalidated the entire story as it created an impossible scenario. Omnipotence is a lofty goal, but it is the ultimate entropy of the universe. With omnipotence there is no room for anything more. No struggle, no challenges, no worry or doubt or growth.

jwmcleanjwmcleanalmost 3 years ago

Really liked it powered through it in 2 days.....I could not wait to find out what came next please keep writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous