All Comments on 'A Bridge Between Worlds Ch. 04'

by auguy86

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I think you are forgetting to add a century,

to tech and society. The other series ended a century into today's future, this takes place even further down the road. The Frat and the Tech company sound like straight out of today. Surely there would be more modern, to them, comparisons for a technology genius. Also, if you are comparing tech creators, Steve Jobs is not the creator of his company's tech, just the motivation behind much of the specs.

auguy86auguy86almost 8 years agoAuthor
Anonymous

I did not forget to add a century. Truthfully, I have tried to limit Mike and Melody's interactions with modern society for this very reason, to cut down on the amount of speculation I would have to make in regards to the modern society in this story. For the fraternity and college life, I actually have no trouble describing it as similar in most ways to today. As tradition-rich as these groups are, I doubt much would change culture-wise, even after a century. For the tech company, I was again intentionally vague in my descriptions of it. For example, they rode up the elevator of the office building to reach Hiro's workshop. None of that contradicts a century having passed from our time. The elevator could potentially be very advanced and different from ours today, but I felt that going into too much speculative detail in regards to that would bog down the flow of the story. As to the Steve Jobs comparison, we can quibble over the specifics, but the meaning is clear and present and, in my opinion, does not detract from the story. You are free to disagree, but I would bet that you knew exactly what was being conveyed when you first read the passage, as well.

GraulasGraulasalmost 8 years ago
Great story

In reading your stories, I feel that this is the most attached i've grown to a character in almost any story erotic or otherwise. You have an amazing talent that I hope you use to the best of your abilities as life goes on. The way you connected the first story with this is amazing, Mike and Melody's transition from life to heaven and back to earth is very creative, and I thank you for the many times that you have entertained me, and made me feel suspense, happiness, anger, and sadness. Honestly I was quite sad after learning that Darcy and Stuart died, but oh well. I hope you continue writing this amazing work of art, again thank you for what I can only hope is a story that is to be continued.

auguy86auguy86almost 8 years agoAuthor
I appreciate that Graulas

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a profound attachment to Mike and Melody myself, after this little saga I've been writing. The next couple of chapters have been particularly fun for me to write, and I'm excited to be able to post them once they're done; I think you'll like where this is going. Definitely sad that Darcy and Stuart died, but the point of that narrative was that everyone dies, at some point. They found their way through it all, and are exactly where they need to be. Anyway, thanks again for your kind comments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The telling of the tail

Another excellent chapter.

I, however, feel that the dealing with Shane was a little week and quite contrite.

A jerk like that would not have caved that easily. A great opportunity for the author to have inserted a big whak of interesting drama.

auguy86auguy86almost 8 years agoAuthor
An interesting point, Anonymous

Truthfully, I did consider extending the struggle with Shane further. However, I decided against it for two reasons. First, much longer and I felt it would drag things down in arriving at the huge plot twist in the next chapter. Second, and more importantly, it was to illustrate that Shane, even for all of his horrible attributes, had a shred of good within him, and the reminder of what he had done previously to Stacy helped bring that out in a moment of genuine remorse and regret. He knew, if in no other case, that he had wronged her, but that realization helped him begin to turn his life around. Great question, sir!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userauguy86@auguy86
1174 Followers
Welcome, readers! My name is M.H. Barton, also known as auguy86. I am an author of erotic literature, dabbling mostly in romance and sci-fi/fantasy. I have lived for my entire life in the southern United States, aka "The South." I live here with my fantastic and loving wife, ...