All Comments on 'A Bridge Between Worlds Ch. 11'

by auguy86

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A great finish for a great story.

Truly an enjoyable experience. This is one story that I will definitely be adding to my favorites booklet. You have such an amazing way of telling stories that I will definitely be checking back on your web page for new stories. Keep up the fantastic job my friend.

SirReal55SirReal55almost 8 years ago
It's over???

Another excellent series written by you....thank goodness I didn't get an earworm like I did with "A Beautiful Melody"...I still have "The Trumpet Shall Sound" echoing in my head!

Keep up the good work! I've marked you down as one of my favorite authors so that I can get your future stories.

auguy86auguy86almost 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks to all!

I appreciate the readership and feedback immensely. Though this is the end of Mike and Melody's tale, I do have other story ideas, one of which I'm working on as we speak. These are more one-shot story ideas, and some might be posted in other categories, so keep an eye out! Thanks again!

funfunfun73funfunfun73over 7 years ago
Excellent! But one question...

I have grisly enjoyed reading this series. However, you didn't mention what happens to jinn and genies when they pass.

auguy86auguy86over 7 years agoAuthor
A good question...

I left that ambiguous throughout the story, mostly not to bog things down too much. The concept I had in mind is that Jinn and Genies, at least pure ones, are completely different from Humans. They are immortal, yet do not have an afterlife. Humans, conversely, are mortal, yet do have an afterlife. Melody, being a human originally before being transformed into a servant genie, is still a human within her soul, hence explaining why she didn't simply disappear after her death. It was an interesting concept that I considered exploring, but felt it better to leave it be once Edward was introduced, and focused on building up the conflict with him. If I had introduced this concept, I likely would have found some way to expand upon this in the final chapter with the appearances of Michael and Lucifer, but again, I didn't want to bog things down too much. Thanks for your readership!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A well done series

Mr. Auguy, just wanted you to know that it only took me three nights to finish your well done story, adding in detail that some might say was unnecessary, but fit in beautifully. Usually when writers write in their own form of heaven, I sometimes have to put the series down, so I guess my only question is what faith do you follow if you don't mind? Thanks again, Alu

auguy86auguy86over 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks anonymous!

Glad to know you enjoyed my writing. Personally, I myself am a United Methodist, and my grandfather was a Southern Baptist preacher, just as the main character in these stories. Obviously, he is based on me. While I do not subscribe to much of Catholicism, finding much of it to be in direct conflict with my view of God, I did find that certain Catholic elements worked very well from a narrative standpoint. Dante's Divine Comedy was an inspiration in the final chapter of my first series, "An Unforgettable Melody," and I largely combined elements from that with my own long held thoughts of what entry into Heaven would ultimately be like. Of course, purely speculative, but I'm glad to know you found it thought-provoking. Thanks again for reading.

auguy86

ThepornwriterThepornwriteralmost 7 years ago
Very Good

Thanks for a great story and a happy ending.

dbarger2212dbarger2212about 6 years ago
A compelling series.

I enjoyed the series very much. Please forgive me a minor indulgence, but...

Roll Tide! ;)

IlliterateScholarIlliterateScholarabout 4 years ago
Wonderful Story. :)

I really enjoyed Mike's and Melody's story. It was quite brave of you not only to weave Judeo-Chistian religious aspects into the story, but to also take a stab at a view of the afterlife. I think on one side it is wise to avoid a subject that humanity is simply never going to have an answer for, but it was fun to read an upbeat and rosy take on what God's kingdom could be like. I am a hopeless romantic, so the life they lead on Earth was extremely fun to read, and the final happy ending was very heartwarming.

I was raised Catholic, so I am quite familiar with many aspects of this story, and while I am no longer what I would describe as "Christian", I do believe in a compassionate God. I find myself to be a bit of an amalgam of many of the religions I have studied thus far, but with a heavy leaning, not towards the rituals or practices of, but more towards the teachings of Taoism. I think each benevolent religion humanity has turned towards has the same basic core philosophy for living a holy life, and that is to do unto others as you would have done unto you. I have never found a religion that strives for the betterment of the soul or the betterment of mankind that doesn't have a copy of the Golden Rule spelled out in its teachings.

Most authors on this site understandably take a dim view on Christianity because of the misconception that God would wish that people who are gay or lesbian should be mistreated, or that God wouldn't wish for people to have satisfying and exciting sex lives. Christianity, in particular, preaches that you should always forgive a person their sins, so the idea that someone should be mistreated or shunned is simply anathema to its teachings, regardless of whether or not it really is a sin. I think humanity is to blame for those misconceptions, not the core teachings of the faith. People who engage in pre- or extra-marital sex very often find they have eventually harmed either themselves or their partner. Many times, this leaves emotional scars for people who assign a great emotional importance to sex that damage their ability to enjoy life, at least for a time, and can sometimes, in rare cases, even lead a person to spiral out of control to the point of committing murder, the ultimate denial of the gift of free will. My guess is that the ban on sodomy was likely simply a way for God or the leaders of those faiths that ascribe to it to try to prevent an increase in unprotected sex (which, at the time was basicly all forms of sex) that would lead to a drastic increase in sexually transmitted diseases. In the absence of antibiotics, or even the understanding that disease could be spread though contact with bodily fluids, a blanket ban on anal sex seems like a reasonable precaution. The risk of pregnancy (or having a jealous lover slit your throat) had enough of a cooling effect on pre- and extra-marital sex to keep disease from exploding into pandemic proportions when it comes to regular ol' sex. In any case, I think mankind's lusts for power have soured Judeo-Christian religions for a lot of Lit users, so I was surprised to see a story that incorporated a very accurate (at least, as I see it) and kind view of the core teachings of those faiths here on this site. It truly was a breath of fresh air, because, while I will never find myself worshipping at a church or synagogue for the rest of my days, I still feel a fondness for those religious sects that are lead by a person who is willing to truly study the teachings of their faith and lead people towards living a life wherein that person truly takes into account the needs and feelings of other people in every decision they make. (That's not to say that I don't enjoy the stories that weave in Wicca, Gaia, or the ancient polytheistic religions.)

So, hats off to you for a story that can portray both sex and Christianity in positive lights, while still being hot and truly interesting. Extra credit for all the creampies (Jesus that turns me on, for some reason) and the happy ending!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userauguy86@auguy86
1174 Followers
Welcome, readers! My name is M.H. Barton, also known as auguy86. I am an author of erotic literature, dabbling mostly in romance and sci-fi/fantasy. I have lived for my entire life in the southern United States, aka "The South." I live here with my fantastic and loving wife, ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES