All Comments on 'A Burned House Saved My Life'

by Ephesus14

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
woodwardwoodward12 months ago

Another great story.

Regguy69Regguy6912 months ago

Fun read! I, also, am not an attorney and so I absolutely loved the letter-of-the-law interpretation. Fucking ridiculous laws that grant everything to the person without a dick, are slowly going away and the 50-50 split is becoming the norm.

012Say012Say12 months ago

5 Star, all the way. I had a unique interest in the story. Right now I am writing a story entitled, The House, like this tale it is more about the lead character and less about the ex-wife and the new interest. Other than that, and the Title, it has no similarity to this story, but it did help me see that rather than expand my story, I need to put in a different category.

I hope you post your lost stories, it was a shame they all disappeared.

MormonJackMormonJack12 months ago

Thank you, Ephesus! An enjoyable read. 5*s

nixroxnixrox12 months ago

5 stars - I liked this story and especially the unique way the ex-husband was able to get some surprise payback on the SLUT and ASSHOLE. It was also good to see some promotion of the idea that NOT everyone is an engineer, lawyer, doctor or rocket scientist. Journeymen like me (aircraft and automotive) make the world a better, safer place and are just as indispensable.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode6612 months ago

I enjoyed this story a lot. Glad to see you are still writing and posting stories, but please post some of your older "disappeared" stories. 5 stars.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy12 months ago

I like your stories since I know they will be a most satisfying read experience! This is one of those.

5

crazycujocrazycujo12 months ago
Fantastic!

Thanks for a great story, and are glad you are posting a new story. Hopefully you can get your missing stories posted again.

chytownchytown12 months ago

*****Very entertaining fun read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

liked it

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ12 months ago

Very nice! Could have gone in LW but I check non-erotic occasionally. Glad I saw this. Thanks

MattblackUKMattblackUK12 months ago

A nice and different love story. 5*

RanDog025RanDog02512 months ago

Damn man, it's been a while since you'd written a story and it was a good one. Loved it so much I'll rate it at 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

One of the best I have had the pleasure to read THANKS .

Diecast1Diecast112 months ago

Great story , love it. AAAAA+++++

woodrangewoodrange12 months ago

really enjoyed this story..nice plot, revenge at its best

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

If you get a driver's license, you can be found.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Nice that you're writing again.

AngelRiderAngelRider12 months ago

Still a lovely story dear heart.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart12 months ago

5 stars, pretty good. So glad this wasn't a reconciliation story. Wish this story had tags as its hard to find stories like this without them (at least for me), managed to to find it through another story's "similar stories".

PierremanvisPierremanvis12 months ago

Fun read and well written. Easy 5.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

5 stars. Good life story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

That was an interesting meander 😎

.

I think the whole premise of the story was wrong, though. If the house was only his before he married Cheryl, then unless he added her name to the deed — and there wa not even a hint that he did that — then the house would NOT be able to be given to her in tne divorce,

.

Lost points for not developing either of his female interests during the story.

.

3 ***

TrustingagainTrustingagain11 months ago

I always enjoy reading other stories by authors I like. Broadening my horizons.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

My only concern is the category, which might limit readership. It was an interesting slice of life, so thanks for the fun.

ForensicFossilForensicFossil11 months ago

Divorce Law Point

Almost every LW story has the marital home becoming the husband's property before he meets or marries the cheating wife, and thus by some magic the house is his and untouchable in the divorce. I only know Washington law well, but I bet it is similar in almost all states. Washington is an "equitable distribution" state. ALL property of the divorcing parties is subject to the jurisdiction of the court. The court looks at a whole lot of factors like length of marriage, the contributions made by each party to the marital estate, whether one party put another through school, works skills, children, and then distributes the property by order. There is no magic "this was mine before marriage" doctrine. If one party gets the house the other party gets equivalent assets.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief11 months ago

Liked the story and was glad that Jason told the Bitch how he felt and didn't pull any punches when she interrupted his dinner. Found it amusing that he got a round of applause when he left the dinner. I kept thing this should have been in Loving Wives, but not a big deal either way. Would have liked to know more about Cathy though. She seems to be more of a filler than a part of the story.

A_BierceA_Bierce11 months ago

Great story about a down-to-earth guy who stumbles across a great way to drop off his ex's radar. Cathy sort of got short shrift in character development, but sometimes it's hard to take the time when you're ready to wrap it up and post. No lost stars, though, it was primo stuff.

someoneothersomeoneother11 months ago

Authors should not write about things they know nothing about. Acknowledging if the preface that authors is not a lawyer does not mean author should write a story where the legal affairs form a central background for the rest of the story.

I gave author the benefit of the doubt, but then I could not hurdle the plain legal idiocies of the story, and finally gave up.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good God can someoneother be any more fucking stupid?

He or she is on a fictional story website.

A website full of literally hundreds of thousands of fantasy stories.

And this asshole is hung up on legal details.

Thousands of stories about guys with 12 inch cocks who can fuck 20 times a day...turning happy housewives into whores. And turning previously alpha males into willing cuckolds who gladly accept chastity cages on their dicks...but damn some ambiguous references to legal issues dealing with a divorce?

And that just suspends all belief for this dumbshit.

Go away you stupid stupid moron.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief11 months ago

I know it's only been three weeks since I read this story the first time, but when I stumbled across it again it is such a nice story that I had to read it again. Funny things is, I enjoyed it just as much the second time. Just a reminder to all those keyboard lawyers, this is a fictional story and so what if the facts are twisted around a little to make the story more interesting, that's called poetic license. If I want legal advice, I don't go to Literotica, I go to a qualified lawyer.

spud65spud6510 months ago

Hey the good guy wins in the end great story….but having meet guys that deliver coaches for a living the part of doing things…. in the coach being delivered is a big no no. Drivers are not allowed to use anything inside the coach while delivering it to a dealer. You get caught you get fired, but poetic license being what it is you are forgiven. Kudos for a great story.

XluckyleeXluckylee10 months ago

Great story. Thank you for sharing. 5 stars from Xluckylee. I read stories on this site for entertainment and don't care if all the facts are completely correct. I was very happy with your story.

BabalooieBabalooie8 months ago

Well done. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

You are a very good story teller. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

***** good read

dark2donut2dark2donut28 months ago

The story is original and well written but ... it is also mundane and boring.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I'm sorry, but, this is about as lame a story that I've ever read on this site... no court in the U.S. would give a wife, in a divorce, the husband's home that was strictly in his name before the marriage and they had only been married less than 2 years unless his lawyer was totally incompetent or corrupt... also, she, if alimony was awarded at all, would be getting it for no more that 2 years but, he certainly would not have to give up his house... man, you must be totally clueless about divorce law and should not be writing about it when you actually know nothing about it at all... and, of course, this whole story leans on the oulandish premise.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA7 months ago

Loved it. Really well written and very interesting. Also really a fire sequence when the ex got the shaft. More balls than brains when she confronted him and expected sympathy. Her I.Q is lower than room temperature...

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Story was entertaining but the legal premise was beyond faulty. For such a short marriage, the alimony would be only for a short time, and she would have zero chance at getting the house with no kids, it being his before the marriage bequeathed by his parents and only in his name, again really short marriage, and only irreconcilable differences. Not going to happen. Otherwise was enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story keep it up (jaybee186)

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19696 months ago

The Keelley part bothered me for some reason. maybe just disappointment in how casual her interest was in him. The Cathy relationship and later parts of the story felt rushed.

otherwise I enjoyed it.

OOAAOOAA6 months ago

GREAT story!!!!!

J6480J64806 months ago

Good tale man

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

4 Stars on a good Story . I had a house and I was dumb enough to put My wives name on it . She got 50 percent of everything . My ex was sleeping with her ex boyfriend and a couple other guys . She wanted me to eat at the Y and i laughed and said no Freaking way . I am not getting some STD's because of her .

TajfaTajfa5 months ago

I gave 4 stars. The ending felt a bit rushed. Also, if the house had been gifted to him by his grandparents, why did his cheating wife get it? Still a very enjoyable story.

IndyOnIndyOn5 months ago

Great story but needed a little longer ending to wrap things up....Still a *5* in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Real Life Story I feel.

*5*

While I am still married after 34 years and the wife has been a good WIFE I have

mental thoughts brought on by what I learned over the years. Her family would on rare occasion drop a remark that seemed innocent until analyzed using other family remarks.

You see I'm a trouble shooter by nature and employment with a decent memory.

So, I expect if the truth was known in detail she really wanted a companion more than a lover and husband.

willyk1212willyk12124 months ago

liked it a little longer ending i think

oldtwitoldtwit4 months ago

Loved it, you drew it out but in a nice way, like the comments I see below feel you rushed the ending, but you are the writer and have to do what you want not what a fee of the readers want.

As I said good one.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Loved your tale, thank you for sharing E14! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

NoBullAlNoBullAl3 months ago

Actually a quite entertaining story!! A new twist in how to get an ex out of your house!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Cool story, but and epilog or longer ending would have made it better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A wonderful story about patience in finding the right life partner and a host of other fun things, too.

Well done! Ephesus14.

The Hoary Cleric

orneryonezorneryonezabout 2 months ago

Don't preface your stories with disclaimers and justifications... no one need concern themselves with your efforts, if someone has a complaint they can go to hell.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEphesus14@Ephesus14
Just recently returned to Lit. after my name and stories disappeared. Several readers have copies of my stories and I am working on getting them re-posted. I am a Retired Army Vet who enjoys writing, wine, theatre and travel; especially cruising. Some of the people I've met h...