All Comments on 'A Butterscotch Sky Ch. 01'

by WillDevo

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

Great beginning, terrible ending! I agree with your comments about the cancel culture movement but disagree with you about fried okra. I also like smother okra and tomatoes with shrimp.

5

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 3 years ago
What a story!

What a setup to what undoubtedly will be a great series!

GHreaderGHreaderabout 3 years ago
Oh, what an awful twist.

Great beginning! The whole story is great but completely overshadowed by the cliffhanger. I hope the next chapter is published soon.

Thank you for sharing your storytelling talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great writing, dumb politics, and a death that felt completely unnecessary and only there to shock the readers. George R.R. Martin is popular, but that doesn't mean he should be emulated.

pepepilotpepepilotabout 3 years ago

What a hell of a stopping point! LoL. I will admit that I do not often read sci-fi stories as I am not a fan of the "tentacles, etc". But I found this one to be very good and I can't wait for the next part. Great job.

Bh76Bh76about 3 years ago

I generally don’t care for technical jargon. Your stories are the exception. You almost do it in a self-deprecating way. As if making fun of the fact that you do it. Nice read.

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyabout 3 years ago

What a horribly depressing end to the chapter. Well written, as always. Plenty of science in the fiction, so the plausibility is on this side of believable. What a sad way to leave us hanging. Neither good nor bad, just sad. 5 stars and a tear.

rawallacerawallaceabout 3 years ago

Certainly one of the best stories I have read in the sci-fi category on this site. If there were more stories of this quality offered here that were this well written I would never get any of my own stories written. I could point out minor flaws, and I mean minor, but I'm not your editor (if you have one). I look forward to the next installment.

Rachel

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 3 years ago

Wow! This has everything!

Eager for the next chapters. 5*, of course.

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 3 years ago

Well-written and engaging. What a cliff-hanger! Strong work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I didn’t see that coming at all. I understand stopping there but it doesn’t mean I have to like it. Why couldn’t that cheating bitch have died instead, I wouldn’t have cared if that happened. Great story, I’m hooked. Thanks.

J.D.

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112about 3 years ago

I don't see much reason in piling on. I love your stuff and I'm often so envious. I'm in tears. As almost always, five stars!

MVarroMVarroabout 3 years ago
Wonderful

Excellent as almost all of your stories. I can’t wait for the next chapter.

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago

OMG. Thought this was building up to a nice love story and then you threw that in. Now I've got to read the next chapter and it's midnight. Arrgh.

WillDevoWillDevoalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Anonymous, I had to delete your comment because it contained spoilers and plenty of evidence that you this story is a touch over your head to understand the path.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 3 years ago

As Daffy Duck would say "That's despicable". I'm guessing there's a good reason for it, but what a way to end a chapter. Glad I can jump to the next one now, even if it is supper time. Five stars.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

I’m guessing there’s more to come as the rest of the story is also classified as sci-fi, I know this was an almost solo effort WillDevo, but thanks for firstly writing it and secondly posting it up here, thirdly well done you for policing the comments for spoilers. Top job you two, worth way more than the 5 stars I can give you. Thanks Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story so far. Yes, I am commenting before I read the rest of it. But man, don't you think you are being just plain mean to Sean? First you have his fiance screwing every Tom, Dick and Harry around while he's on the mission. Then you have his life support come within a hair of offing him. Finally, you kill off his girlfriend, ending this chapter of the story. Poor old Sean is just one unlucky SOB. But I am very impressed with your sci-fi story; very good premise and with the time frame you give, certainly possible.

Richard1940Richard194011 months ago

I think I may have been unkind on my scoring. I only gave 4 stars because i did not realise there was a second part and I did not not like the ending. Sorry.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWillDevo@WillDevo
Latest news: (1/2/24): The updates to our "seasonal" tale, "The Flight Before Christmas," are up now. It's only some corrections and style changes, so go ahead and read it any time if you're up for some holiday-based erotica. Also, forgot to mention earlier that the names "Br...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories