All Comments on 'A Caged Bird Never Flies'

by IJS0904

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That was a heart healer ! Truly beautiful thank you

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 2 years ago

Sweet story with a novel, but not too surprising, solution after Janice's revelation to David. The last line, four little words reflecting back on the title, pulled it all together. Very nice work.

goodshoes2goodshoes2almost 2 years ago

5 stars. Great story. What a way to solve a problem.

DessertmanDessertmanalmost 2 years ago

I loved it! I am such an old romantic (82!). The love between the 3 of them was very believable, as was the unconventional menage a trois.

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

1 star - This is a fairy tale and is just not believable in any way.

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf81almost 2 years ago

A good story as always!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Interesting story!

4

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written, sweet Romantic story that I rated 5.

IJS: "nixrox" did state a valid concern. In your biography you said: You will find that all of my stories have a common denominator. I want my characters to be joyful in life. I want them to be happy. If stretching sexual boundaries does that for them it is fine with me. It's just sex after all. But there is no hint in the intro where you intended to go in the story. To me that seemed a bit selfish, as if you were writing only for self, without concern for your reader. It is my opinion that the best writers warn readers about the things they might find disappointing (such as not enough sex, or not BTB.)

For your insight: I gave you a top rating, but I will probably not read your work again. I will not treat you spitefully and try and lower your rating average because you did some good work. But I felt cheated that I spent time reading about a way of Life I find disgusting and disruptive to a sound culture. At the same time I will point out that at times in history, usually because of war, polygamy has played an important role, though usually at least one of the women is hurt. The Bible gives numerous examples. You should not feel compelled to write to please all readers, but in you intro please take all potential readers into consideration so everyone can benefit.

Wishing you the best!

The Hoary Cleric

Bronco56Bronco56almost 2 years ago

What agreat story. Gut wrenching and lovingly romantic. Definitely 5stars no matter what others think.5stars

Bh76Bh76almost 2 years ago

Great outline, now give us the story. Could’ve been amazing if it detailed the loves they had and lost in college, for all of them. The marriage losing its luster. Then the reconnecting.

JH4FunJH4Funalmost 2 years ago
Excellent Story (5 Stars)

While I really enjoyed your story I have to acknowledge I do not read the warning at the beginning of stories as they are generally the same with most of the same tags. I do always read all of the comments and that sparked me to go back and read your intro. That being said even if you added the tags I still would have read your story.

I believe you wrote a story that was excellent in detail and intrigue. It had the elements that brought out thought and insight-fullness into relationships that reach across most norms. However, it showed depth in a potential relationship that had fallen apart from lack of nurturing and simple acknowledgement of the partner in the relationship. This really happens more than people care to reveal to others. Some suffer through. While other just throw them away (This happens more often).

I enjoyed looking at the potential in your story and where your took it. While I don't think I would have go this path, it was good to see it in your story.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

There was a lot of unconditional love in this story. Both women had it from the start then, finally the clueless man got it.

MainboyMainboyalmost 2 years ago

Now.... That was well done. Short, sweet and complete. Not to be written into this but I cannot help but think how close to nuclear a domestic squabble between these characters can be. ;-))

Thanks. Enjoyed it a lot but I refuse to accept a $Million a month to live with two women. Believable plot and well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyable read - a tale of unusual, romantic relationships which can be lived by all parties. I’d have liked the outcome to have been a little less obvious at the earlier stages to keep the suspense, but it all worked. I love the fact that readers have filters in place to avoid lesbian relationships - I suppose they are ok living in their fantasy world where homosexuality doesn’t exist, but why?

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 2 years ago

An interesting story line. Well written. It's a nice fairy tale.

shadrachtshadrachtover 1 year ago

Nice, although a little sad to me for reasons I cannot explain.

One note / correction however - Steven is seven when we meet him. A year after they all get together, his child with Janice is born or conceived. That makes Steven eight years (at least) older than Rebecca. The last paragraph makes it seem like Steven just graduated when Rebecca was a sophomore. The timing there doesn't work. Further, the timing of a twelve year old being a sophomore in high school doesn't work, either. High school sophomores are usually 15-16.

James G 5James G 5over 1 year ago

She stole 6 years of his son's life from him and he's just OK with it?

Top notch dad material there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Polyamory Fantasy. Sure, OK, Why Not?

I guess its fun to write about? Maybe I'm nit picking, but after 4 years he has become a distant roommate to someone he claims to love, hasn't made love to in over a year, and doesn't even realize it till Janice confronts him? That does not sound like polyamory, its sounds like a consolation marriage that has failed. But presto changeo they're all just back to fucking again, even though Stacy and him have unrequited love plus a son to share, and Janice does not feel like a third wheel? OK, so Stacy is fucking Janice, does that make up for David no longer fucking her? But were supposed to assume that now that Stacy is fucking Janice that David wants to too? Yeah, polyamory can be kind of confusing. But thanks for the effort.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

I find this story to be absolutely ridiculous and fully worthy of the 2* I rated it. I always feel that the author is the owner of the story and the plot and all attendant details and what he/she wants to write is fully his/her responsibility. As a reader I'm responsible for reading as much of it as I want and disliking it as much as I want. I can always stop reading. Since this was only two pages long I read it to the end, but I find that I dislike all the characters and am not rooting for any of them. I'm not a big fan of the homosexual life although a family member is of that persuasion. What homosexuals want to do is fine with me, but i don't find their relationships interesting or provocative. I have never read or heard of what it is that lesbians or gay men feel or like or do so I do not read about what their relationships are. This so-called polyamory life is a mystery to me and I'm quite happy to leave it at that. I do wish the author had warned the readers of this possibility in the story and I would have avoided reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was way too short. It's almost like a concept document or an extended outline. Idiots on this site write stories of 20K, 30K, and up to 50K, which are way over-explained and filled with minutiae and extraneous details. This story? It could easily fill 30-40 thousand words. Rewrite it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Six years. He was forced to miss six years of his son's life, but it's cool because he gets to bang them both and she "did it for him". Right. What a mess, and what thoroughly unlikable, unstable characters.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Nice story perhaps too short.

More details of the mechanics of being in a loving throuple would help to make it interesting as to how it actually works longer term.

And how did it work sexually when Janice was pregnant? Was Stacy able to contribute to Janice's maternity care, emotionally and physically?

What State does David and Janice live in? What State did Stephen and Stacy live in? How do Rebecca and Stephen relate? Have Stephen and David found a way to bond?

A longer story with their combined adventures would be worth reading.

Lass Lover

inka2222inka22224 months ago

Bleh. How can someone manage to screw up what could have been an amazing MFF story? Let's see, Stacy has committed a MAJOR moral/ethical crime by hiding a son from the guy, ON TOP of hurting him like hell for no good reason whatsoever. Janice "loved" him, but was very happy to hide the fact that she knew why Stacy left and that she was in contact with her, while he was suffering. So, neither one was a decent person and neither one ACTUALLY loved him.

HighpikeHighpike2 months ago

Well, I for one loved it; though I agree a bit short.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIJS0904@IJS0904
You will find that nearly all, but not all, of my stories have a common denominator. I want my characters to be joyful in life. I want them to be happy. If stretching sexual boundaries does that for them, it is fine with me. It's just sex, after all.

story TAGS