A Captain Decision Ch. 04

Story Info
A man with extreme esper powers draws sci-fi people here.
3.6k words
4.65
2.8k
10

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 01/27/2024
Created 02/03/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pars001
Pars001
2,205 Followers

"Good,", I said, "release Andromeda and.." I started then stared with my mouth open when Andromeda entered a slipstream.

"Follow them Rommie," I said.

"Unable to comply," Rommie said.

"What!? Why the hell not?" I shouted.

"At the moment we have insufficient power for even warp. The extending of our shields taxed the engines. At present we are at twenty percent, barely enough for life support, shields and sub-light engines."

Ok I thought, then I felt my anger start to grow. Then I felt it start to surge higher.

"Warning, warning, body energy output reaching ninety, ninety-one. Internal temperature starting to rise," I barely heard Rommie say.

Between clenched teeth I said, "I know shut up!"

I had turned toward the viewscreen feeling my power climbing higher than I'd ever felt it. All I could see was red as I stared at the Magog that were trying to catch me. "GO AWAY!" I shouted, then was surprised when every Magog ship all the way to the planet exploded. That's when I discovered I had pushed WAY too far, then I faded to the deck.

Even as I slumped toward the deck, I heard Rommie, "Warning, warning, energy output of body has surpassed tolerable levels. Now shutting all systems 'til regeneration complete."

The world was growing dark as I said, "Rommie, protect, stealth as soon as possible. Find the Androm..." That was the last as the dark took me.

It seemed like days before I awoke with a start. Groaning I tried to sit up then fell back, crap I thought as pain seemed to rip through my head.

"Welcome back Captain Thomas," Rommie said, though it seemed louder than I thought she should be.

"Shhh," I said.

"Sir?" She said just as loud, causing me to cringe. "Sir, are you in pain? Are you damaged?" I cringed more as I slightly rolled into a ball on the deck.

In barely a whisper I said, "Yes, I am in pain. Lower the volume of your voice. I need a full medical scan, how long was I out?"

A much-reduced volume Rommie answered, "you were unconscious for over eight hours."

Damnit! I thought now I was going to have to almost start over searching for him. "Were you able to follow the Andromeda?" I asked.

Rommie appeared as she started to scan me. "No sir, though an hour ago I heard chatter about them. There also seems to be a great amount of chatter about the huge Magog fleet that disappeared from here. From what information I have been able to gather, this is a Nietzchean colony. I have attempted to move us further from here, I am afraid that I have only sub-space. We are only a ten million miles away, still too close."

"How are the repairs coming?" I asked.

"It appears that the systems are responding far slower than they should be. Stealth is only thirty-five percent. As I said we only have sub-space and that's only at fifty percent. We have lost warp and Trans-warp drives," Rommie reported.

My eyes opened wide as I cursed under my breath. "Alright, give me a moment." I looked at the back of the ship, feeling the sub-pace go to a hundred percent. A moment later I heard Rommie report that the Warp drive was now at a hundred percent. "How is the regen now?"

"It has finally increased to seventy-five percent. Trans-warp is now at five percent and climbing rapidly. We are also at ninety percent of our stealth," Rommie reported. I sagged a little after the small activity, drained more than I should be.

"Good, go to warp drive, get us as far away as you can. I am not wanting to destroy nor harm any of the Nietzchean Unity's ships," I told Rommie. "Is there anything from the Magogs?"

"Not as of yet, though I am still monitoring all their channels," Rommie said.

The Magog leader of the destroyed swarm was trying the best it could to follow our trail. We had finally gone to warp, now a great distance from the planet. A mere ten minutes later, a slipstream opened, the Magog swarm leader's ship exiting. The leader's eyes were wide in disbelief, an entire planet fleet, was nothing but a huge debris field. The strange message he had received had been troubling, now it was more so.

Shaken the leader held where he was, knowing that the Nietzchean Unity ships would be here very soon. Pulling back behind a nearby moon the shaken leader contacted the hive mind.

[What have you to report?] The hive mind asked.

[I arrived at the Hives's new conquest, there... there are none of our ships left.] The leader felt a gasp from the hive mind. [Show us,] they commanded.

The Magog swarm leader felt as if his mind was on the edge of madness as those of the hive looked through him.

[This is far more serious than we at first thought. That was a standard, five million planet fleet. Have you determined what destroyed them? Was it the Nietzchean Unity?] The hive mind asked.

[No leaders, they are on the way here now. From what I can scan, there was that commonwealth High Guard ship and one other. Scans show that it was the same ship that destroyed both of my swarms.] The swarm leader reported.

[If this is true, we advise you to track it, we need all information on this new enemy. If it has superior weapons, we need to take it and them. This mission takes first precedence,] The hive mind said.

[Understood Elders,] the swarm leader replied as he opened all his sensors. Slightly agitated, the leader went through every sensor that he could. Sometime later, an evil smile lit up its features.

A check of the sensors had him smiling broader. Moving forward, the leader activated a sequence, the entered the slip stream.

Less than a minute later, another slip stream opened, A massive amount of Nietzchean Unity ships slipping out. All the Nietzscheans on board the ships gasp as they looked at the huge Magag fleet. Well, rather, that which was left, nothing but a huge floating debris field.

The Nietzchean Unity fleet commander went over the readings. A few minutes later, he also gasped when, he only saw the signatures of two ships. One he knew quite well the old commonwealth ship, though the other fully intrigued him.

"I want readings for this ship, I want to know how they destroyed an entire Magog planet fleet. If they have this much power it might be to our advantage to enlist or capture them," the male said.

"Sir," the males first officer said. "if they are that powerful, might it be better to not confront them?"

The commander thought a few moments then nodded, "perhaps, though as I have found? Everyone and thing have their weakness, we just have to find it."

"If they have no such weakness?" he first officer asked.

"As I said," the commander said. "In my experience, all have a weakness. It is just discovering it, if we can't then we have to find a way to survive. Though as I can also see, this new ship? Is most definitely not a friend of the Magog."

"Oh, because of the destruction of the Magog fleet?" The first officer asked.

The commander nodded, "also the level of destruction. If you haven't noticed? The level of destruction is complete no escape pods, no bodies or body parts. No this was total destruction, whoever they have no love for the Magog at all. The only problem I see, is whether or not they feel that way about the Nietzchean Unity. If they do, then we have a problem."

The first officer nodded his agreement as the crew started to run a track on my ship.

We were In thought gaining on Dylan Hunt's ship, when he seemed to vanish. "Are you detecting any type of stealth technology?" I asked Rommie.

"None that I am detecting Captain Thomas," Rommie said.

I sat thinking about it a moment, "back track the last line of travel of the Andromeda. See if they reversed along their previous track to disguise their trail," I said.

"Now working, as of yet I am... I have it sir. Now adjusting course, they aren't more than a few hours ahead of us," Rommie advised.

"Good, let me know when we have them in sight. I'm afraid I am going to have to do something unconventional. For now, follow them while I get this ready," I told Rommie.

Rommie nodded to me, though she had a look of concern on her face. I worked for the next few days getting what I wanted here I wanted. Of course, Rommie had to remind me to eat as I lost myself in the work.

I was also keeping an eye on the energy unbalance, even though they were with me, my universe still had adverse effects. I had hoped that with them out the energy would diminish no such luck.

A moment later Rommie interrupted my thoughts, "Captain Thomas, Trans-warp is now at seventy-five percent. Might I suggest we go to it as it doesn't leaver as detectable an energy signature as the others do."

"I was thinking of that though with less than a hundred percent, it might not be wise. I am always afraid that not being at full might damage the drive," I told her.

"Yes sir, taking all that into consideration. I do suggest though, that we do as soon as possible. I am detecting communication of the Magog and the Nietzchean Unity. It appears that the Magog wish to take my technology. The Nietzchean Unity, are worried it seems that, we will turn upon them," Rommie advised me.

I nodded as I looked back at Rommie, "I kind of figured that. It's the main reason, I am trying to get the hell out of this universe, as fast as possible."

Rommie nodded her agreement as I turned back to what I had been working on. I started to redouble my efferts, then stopped. Why in the hell was I doing this the hard way? I started at the computer input, thought of what I needed then smiled. It was just as I wanted it.

I turned back to the back of the ship thinking hard a moment.

Rommie appeared a moment later, "I am happy to report trans-warp is at a hundred percent. Sheild power has increased another twenty percent, engine output increased another fifty percent," Rommie said.

"Good, weapons should have increased another thirty percent also," I told Rommie.

"Yes Captain, I am also detecting that your mental output has jumped again. Though without a proper scan, I cannot state how much," Rommie said.

"Yes," I said looking up, "I have noticed that if I use it or overuse it, it grows quite a bit."

"I'm not sure if I would say that sir, but yes I have noticed that it is now more than twice what it was<" Rommie told me.

"Yes, that's all good and well though, I have also noticed that I am needing more with each universe. I am afraid that Kirk's universe is going to tax me quite a bit," I said.

"Interesting Captain, I will begin a detailed analysis of said phenomenon. Perhaps I can find something later that can aid you with all this," Rommie said.

I blinked then smiled, "I believe that would be beneficial to the both of us," I told her.

I watched the signals that Rommie had picked up, plus all the communication that the following ships were having. So, I thought, I was wanted by the most powerful of the races here. Theone thing that was the same was that both considered me an enemy and the both of them were worried what I would do.

It was a few days later that I finally got a track on Dylan and the Andromeda. Now all I had to do was not only catch him, I had to get him to stop. If last time was an indicator? That was going to be the hard part, I looked at the computer, though I hoped not.

"Now exiting trans-warp," Advised me.

I nodded then we were in normal space, though an unexpected complication arose. I had to blink a few times at the sheer number of Nietzchean Unity ships that I was detecting in the area. This wasn't good, then it got worse as I also detected a few thousand Magog.

"Lock onto the Andromeda and...," I started the Rommie interjected.

"Captain I am receiving a message from both fleets," she said.

I then heard, "unidentified ship, prepare for boarding. You are to be held on suspicion of aiding a Magog attack on a Nietzchean colony."

I shook my head in disbelief as then another message came through, "unknown ship. Enemy of the Magog, you will turn your ship over to be taken apart."

Again, I was shaking my head, "stealth Rommie. Do we still have the Andromeda?"

"Affirmative Captain, Rommie responded.

I saw that both fleets started to posture defensively when we vanished. "Trans-warp ready," Rommie said.

"Good, fire a few high yield missiles between the fleets, then go," I told Rommie.

A minute later there were several huge explosions between the fleets then we and the Andromeda were across the galaxy.

On board the Andromeda, Dylan and Rommie were both in a panic, they had, had no control since we had appeared.

"You can't tell what has happened Rommie?" Dylan Hunt asked.

"No sir, when that ship appeared, I lost all helm and navigational control. I am locked out of almost all ship systems," a concerned Rommie said. "I am also, not understanding how we are on the opposite side of the galaxy."

At this Dylan's head snapped up. A small smile crossed his mouth, "no, I believe it's making perfect sense. I want an open frequency."

"Frequency open Dylan," A slightly confused Rommie said.

A broadly smiling Dylan then said, "so I see you decided to visit after all, Captain."

"Well," I said, "it became apparent that I had no choice in the matter. Especially when I had five personal weapons that were left by all of you." A moment later we appeared with every alarm on the Andromeda going off.

"Cancel all alarms Rommie, this one I know somewhat well," Dylan said.

"Permission to dock?" I asked to which Dylan nodded.

At the airlock I met Dylan shaking his hand. "I believe that this belongs to you," I said as I handed him the Gauss gun.

Dylan's face showed shock, "this looks brand new. As a matter of fact," Dylan said turning it over. He was staring had at a line of writing across the butt of the gun. "This is the weapon I received when I was promoted to captain, where..." then he stopped nodding to me.

Strangely enough, I felt as if a great amount of pressure was relieved from myself.

"I wish I could stay, though I can imagine that the Magog, are in a panic," I told Dylan.

"Ah yes, the loss of an entire Magog planet fleet. Plus, I believe that it was you that destroyed the two swarms. You have done quite a bit as it is. The loss of the entire planet fleet has them very worried. It also explains why both had so many ships near us but didn't attack," Dylan said.

I nodded my understanding, "as I said, I wish I could stay. with the return of your weapon the build of destructive energy in my universe has declined. The thing is, I still have three more to return, almost twice what I have returned."

"I can follow you, if need be," Dylan said after I explained that I had to return to where I came through this time. I hadn't really understood why, though after I saw the calculations, it made sense.

I nodded to Dylan after giving him the coordinates. I explained that we traveled to different ways. His slip stream slightly faster than my warp drive. He only shook his head not quite understanding all of it. Hell, I was the one explaining it and I wasn't quite grasping it all, yet.

So, it was a few good hours as I had given Dylan's Rommie, plans to increase her engines, weapons and shields. I wasn't going to give her that much of an advantage, though I did strengthen her.

I dropped out of warp only half an hour behind Dylan. My mouth dropped open as I saw what had to be hundreds of thousands of Magog swarm around Dylan. I also saw that the improvements that I had given Dylan's Rommie, were indeed helping. I could also see that she and Dylan, though having taken out a good number of ships were starting to lose.

Once again as before I started to see red. I had not come all this way just to see a good man like Dylan slaughtered.

I could barely hear Rommie as almost every alarm went off. "Warning, warning, mental and body energy climbing. Energy out now at full, a hundred ten, twenty, thirty. Body temperature past safe limits, a hundred one, five, ten."

"I know!" I hissed between clenched teeth. I looked at all the ships around the Andromeda. "NO!" I shouted as almost half of the ships in front of me and around Andromeda suddenly exploded.

I guess it was at that moment that, the Magog realized that it was I and not the Andromeda, destroying them. The rest turned toward me as they started to advance upon me. a bug like alien's face appeared on my screen. "You will be destroyed for the glory of the Magog."

I was surprised when they ignored Andromeda, as she started to take out quite a few of those remaining.

I looked at the bug alien as I started to laugh, "I tell you what, I'll leave you alive so you can tell the pitiful Magog just how weak they are. Tell your fleet goodbye."

I then pointed at the rest that were closing in on me. I then watched all the rest exploded, unfortunately some were a little close. Their explosions were rocking my ship violently, I was glad I had added to them and the weapons.

In heard the alien Magog start to scream, then I waved a hand flinging him away. "Take care Captain Dylan Hunt, I have to go." I saw his eyes open wide as a portal opened in front of my ship, then we vanished into it.

Rommie appeared a moment later as I felt the Fatigue start to take its toll. "I am afraid Captain that you have as you said, over done it."

I nodded not really seeing anything as I started to slide to the floor again. At least this time I thought it wasn't as bad as the last time. I was almost to the deck when I felt what I thought were soft arms cradling me, right before I was all the way down.

I looked up though my vision was quite blurry, I swear that Rommie was bent over me. "Rom... Rommie?" I asked confused as hell; I didn't remember making her real. The more I thought about it the more I thought that I was imagining it.

"At least this time we didn't sustain as bad structural damage as before. Captain," I still thought Rommie was holding me as a solid person. It was then that I also noticed she had a look of worry on her face, then all went black.

It seemed that only a few minutes had passed, then I was laying on my bed in my apartment. I slowly sat up expecting a headache like always, surprised when I felt nothing.

"Rommie?" I almost whispered again afraid that all that had transpired was indeed a dream. My face fell when she didn't appear, I sadly sighed resigned that it was.

I started to lay back when Rommie did appear, "Captain Thomas we have a major problem."

I swung of the bed immediately, "has the energy increase started to have adverse effects on the world?" I asked.

"No Captain, the government agency that was after you before had redoubled their efforts to get to you," Rommie reported.

In reached out, feeling almost twenty weak minds trying to break through my shield. Shaking my head, I grabbed all the energy they were directing toward me, then bounced it back at them. I felt most of them scream in pain then it was quiet. I had kept contact with them seeing that they all had a handler, the handlers had three bosses. There were two above them, I sighed this was starting to get monotonous.

I must have gone through fifty or sixty people. I was really starting to get tired of the pure BS I was wading through. Finally, I settled on just one who seemed to be in control of all the mind people.

I was surprised when I couldn't enter his mind. I suggest you stop before you are hurt. The man's thoughts said.

As if I thought, how about this, I have already rendered your men unconscious. Stop coming after me. I didn't take out your entire department, though, I took all of them at the same time. I wasn't even at half my power. With that I started to push on the man's mind as he screamed then I withdrew.

Shit I thought, I might have started a war now.

Pars001
Pars001
2,205 Followers