All Comments on 'A Carousel In Silhouette'

by anonymousreader

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
anonymousreaderanonymousreaderover 6 years agoAuthor
Epilog

The Monday after filming wrapped, George convinced the guy that he had accidentally left something important in the warehouse when they cleaned up the set - something about a final project for school. The guy was suspicious, but let him in the place. "I'll give you five minutes." That was plenty of time for George to retrieve the three infrared security cameras he had set up in the rafters while everyone was distracted putting the set together. They only took one picture every ten seconds if there was motion so... ah, good, the batteries hadn't run down yet. They called him big dummy, but he wasn't stupid. Oh, no. He was just a little... odd...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Beautiful. Loved silhouettes and.carousel as a child. This put whole adult spin on it. Loved ending with pickle and.spud.finally losing their viginities to each other. Epilogue put different ending as dumb George can make.a.fortune when.director and writer hit.the big time, in the not too distant future.

Steffi2017Steffi2017over 6 years ago
Shadows

One worth waiting for. Boy and girl growing up together and he gets his head out of his ass just in time. Film making while taking up most of the story is really the backdrop to how the characters develop. So many spin-offs could be worked from this. I've read a lot of stories on this site and this is one of the best!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This was really impressive

Circles within circles. Thank you. Please don't wait another 11 years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Beautifully Written...But...

This was a really well thought out story, well paced and even the interludes moved it forward. My only gripe (and I regret that I have it) is that EVERY one of the women had sex?

Really?

Outside of Nancy Carlson (because of the set up in writing) Tracy Wu (her back story) and maybe Julia with Doug (money matters), it made little sense for any of the others to have sex - actual penetrative, unprotected sex - with a purple faced stranger. As scene after scene happened, it kept pulling me out of the flow of the story.

I can acknowledge that means I was invested (I freely admit as much), but it also means that something wasn't quite right. My after the fact suggestion would have been to limit the actual sex (hey, a blowjob/handjob would have been plenty is some of the scenes) to those three I mentioned above. They actually fit and flow with what you wrote and the scenes they were in.

Take this as the constructive criticism that it is meant as. This is powerful stuff, whether or not I found the fact that all of those professional teachers that have reputations to protect would not do such a thing, anonymity notwithstanding.

I applaud your talent and your story. And Sophie and Gary were just right throughout the tale.

Kudos

anonymousreaderanonymousreaderover 6 years agoAuthor
Yeah

That would have made the story better. Next time.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous