All Comments on 'A Cautious Man Ch. 21-24'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Let's hope so.

Old Bill deserves a break, hopefully he likes to eat pussy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
oh, please!

"""The notoriously cautious man had thrown his caution to the wind and had no regrets whatsoever. Everything was going to be just fine. This time he was certain. """ <p>

It's beyond me why or how a writer would confuse --- perhaps on purpose? --- being cautious with being down right cuckholding mindlessness. <p>

The real/meaningful DEFINITION of someone being CAUTIOUS is someone like WARREN BUFFET, the investor: this man is VERY DELIBERATE AND CAUTIOUS, he almost never jumps into "high flying" stock/companies which promise pie in the sky. <p>

A simpleton but loveable man is someone like "Forest Gump", who does NOT judge others, NO MATTER what they do to him. <p>

The protagonist in this story is a complete moron. He is NOT a cautious man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
This is a very good story but

Is this the end. Confused

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
good

Hopefully Bill gets a happy ending (or an implied one). Is Vinnie's story going to have an ending too? Hopefully yes! Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
What happens when she sees the next Maureen?

I think he should either be cautious longer or look for someone else. The timeline makes this look like a rebound relationship (for both). The characters seem wooden, Pinocchio comes to be more lifelike than Bill.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
anyone see ANY caution in bill? I dont

as much as I hate to admit it I am beginning to see Harry's point. Either I am going Nuts or Harry is getting to be a better reviewer.

<br></br>

Throughout these chapters its clear Bill really wants to resume his relationship with Zena. Thats fine. But his recollection of events seems way off.

<br></br>

<i> He wanted very much to tell her of his life and his marriage, children, how he had changed and how much he regretted losing her...</i>

<br></br>

um.... bill LOST zena? No I dont think so. She was cheating on him the moment they startd dating

<br></br>

then Bill says this to Zena about Marion... <i>About five years ago, she had a brief affair with a young man...</i>

<br></br>

Thats delusional. His ex wife actively sought out a much younger man to fuck and did so for 4 + months. Brief affair?!

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 16 years ago
I Liked This Story

Lots of good guys, bad guys, good women, bad women, plot twists and turns - great writing C2!

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Thanks for all the fish

Basically I think that Bill has lost it, but that can be fun and he might just get lucky. Where he was would not have led to anything new and interesting in his life, now he will at least try to do something interesting.

Thanks verymuch for your hard work Coaster2

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
His daughter

Bill is such a wuss. I can see him coming home to Zena and finding her in bed with his daughter. That all she seems to be the only woman in his life that hasn't fucked him around yet. And she can even say she loves him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Nice folksy story

Nicely paced and written. Simply a good read.

imagegreenimagegreenabout 14 years ago
Great Story; Well Written

I really enjoyed this story and the great presentation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Ah, Zena!

I liked the entire story. Well written and a good read. The end was a surprise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Cautious?

He may be cautious, but he certainly has a broken picker. The only woman who didn't lie and cheat, and who truly loved him was his first, his teacher. His picks since then were all bad. Good luck, Bill. You're going to need it.

Dubby49Dubby49over 11 years ago
I feel sorry

for those reviewers who seem to have a visceral hatred of women. Perhaps their personal experiences have scarred them for life and this a safety outlet allowing them to vent and discharge the accumulated bile. i hope so.

Most seem to hide under the moniker of "Anonymous". I wish Literotica would remove the facility of posting anonymous comments. i was taught to throw anonymous complaints into the trash. Anonymous comments need to be treated the same.

firas01firas01about 11 years ago
you know what they say

for every cheating woman there is a cuck who loves her no matter what and forgive her no matter what and stays with her no matter what and go back to her if she kick his ass no matter what

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
thanks

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, and once more THANK YOU.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Using

a 9mm would have solved a lot of problems

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

excellent series, really enjoyed it

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
Great story! My selfish suggestions I should be ashamed to mention but I did, anyway.

I would liked to see that her attacker got 10-15 years and that she and Bill got together for sure. We can suppose that they will, that is good enough. We can also assume the jail term, too. I just like all those details. Silly me. I really enjoyed this series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great story , coaster2,wish u were still writing

Life has so. Many twists and turns, you made this story real.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I don't think so !

Good riddance to this pompous ass.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Very Nice!

While it seems pretty obvious, a more definite (happy) conclusion to Bill and Zena's relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
series deserves a higher score

a most enjoyable & entertaining story

remarkably well written , interesting & engaging plot.

fantastic story of an ordinary person , from an ordinary background , in an ordianry town doing the best they can to improve & advance in life , with decency , integrity & honesty . having the most atrocious luck in love and relationships.

as a cautionary tale and a warning to all , both male & female .

Trust but Verify.

xxxhugsxxx

The notoriously cautious man had thrown his caution to the wind and had no regrets whatsoever. Everything was going to be just fine. This time he was certain.

( as famous last words go those are truly epic,)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
He divorces a cheating wife.

And goes back to a cheating girlfriend!!!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Re-Reading

"I went to the police, but they weren't interested. As far as they were concerned, unless he put me in the hospital or threatened me in public, they couldn't do anything" - I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I quite buy that! If it was HER apartment, with HER name on the lease, she has the right to evict him, and if he refuses she can get the police to remove him.

"She's a valuable employee and I don't want anything to happen to her either," - I know I'm being nit-picky here, but if she WASN'T a "valuable employee" he wouldn't care what happened to her?

"Roger pulled out behind Zena's bus and kept a respectable distance without losing sight of the bus as it made its stops and starts." - VERY minor point; she works for an auto dealer,and doesn't drive a car?

xtchrxtchrover 7 years ago
Don't Understand!

I just don't understand this guy. First, never, ever, take a cheater back. A cheater is a cheater for whatever reason she can justify her cheating. Second, I have to agree with anon 3/29/16 --"He divorces a cheating wife.And goes back to a cheating girlfriend!!!" ???

Thanks for the story, even though I see more heartbreak in this guy's future.

meme165meme165almost 7 years ago

I have only recently discovered your work here, and so far I am glad I finally found you, about 10 years late.

A well told story that follows what I seem to be gravitating towards these days, a good strong story interrupted by brief bouts of passion.

Thank you

So the big question is when are you going to write Cadillac Ranch?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Not a Cautious Man

However, sometimes even a cautious man needs to chuck the playbook and take a chance.

Very nice foreshadowing with Marion! Some of her thoughts on the first date were quite discordant, but I forgot about them as the plot evolved. I shouldn't have been surprised at her later heinous behavior (but I was...nicely done).

Anyway, an excellent story with vivid, likable characters. 5 stars. Thanks. JPR

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
re: deserves a higher score

You accurately said

he is an ordinary man

In an ordinary town

having ordinary problems

hence

an ordinary score

AnAncientAnAncientover 6 years ago
The ending, and Zena/Alexis

I think the ending was a bit abrupt. Would have liked to have read about how Zena interacted with his children. I think that would add closure, and the that children would soon respect Zena more than their own birth mother.

Suspect Alexis would have no problems with Zena's previous lesbian relationship, but that Bill Junior initially be awkward about it. The children's concerns would mostly focus around the long term prospects of their father's relationship with Zena, but they would sense that Zena was the right woman for their father.

There is sufficient description of Zena and his daughter's characters, to strongly suggest that there would be no romantic/sexual interaction between Zena and Alexis

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
coaster2 true to form

you are my favourite writer.

i have tried to sort joining literotica out but ive had trouble getting in touch with the right people to sort this.

i ssay this becuase if i was able to formalise your status as my favourite writer. you would get the endorsement you deserve.

hopefully some one can help so i can honour my part in my endorsement.

cheers

thankyou for pleasureable reading.

thankyou

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 5 years ago
ending

would have liked to see another chapter & what happens between them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
ZENA -- INCURABLE LESBIAN?

Some commenters propose that Zena will return to her lesbian ways.

But that is not what happened. When her longtime lover (Maureen) died, she did NOT take up with another woman. She turned to a MAN, who turned out to be a psychotic abuser. Even with an evil, ogre MAN in her past, she still does not take refuge in a woman, but goes with a man, Bill. While it is a man who causes her to live in fear, it is also men who rescue her.

Coaster2 does not tell plainly, but using his clues, here's my take on it.

Zena is bi. Coaster2 tells us Zena and Mareen were friends going back to high school. That's an impressionable and formative time, sexually. How it happens we are not told, but she come out of her sexual discovery time bonded to Maureen. While bi, her male-loving side is dominant over her female-loving side. Even though loyal to Maureen, Zena STILL wants a man (Bill) -- and wants a man for her husband. Denied that, she remains loyal to Maureen for about 15 additional years until Maureen dies. Whoever she finally settles with after Maureen, can expect the same till-deathh loyalty she gave Maureen. Since Maureen, she has picked males, and is apparently going to settle with a male -- Bill. For life.

I enjoyed and was entertained by this series.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Once bitten twice shy

Great father, not sure about the man part. After 20 years he sees a old flame, that cheated on him, and he is eagerly trying to get back in the saddle. Sorry, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, the author chose her for a reason. Not sure why, but he did. I can understand he still loves her, but there is more to a relationship then love. There is trust, honor respect, for me that is the corner stones of a relationship. Love is just the magic that makes it so much more then the sum of the parts. But without the cornerstones love has no structure. Without that structure, love is reduced to shadow of what could have been.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Whoa!! Talk about a "Lack of trust".

Great story except the last few pages. Kind of like hitting yourself on the head every hour on the hour. He'll never figure it out..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Cautious?

For such a cautious man, Bill is a fool. He is much too quick to have Zena be 'his'. It's been twenty years and ended because she cheated. No residual pain? No residual suspicion? Not very cautious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Cautious Man more like stupid man

This was probably your worse series Ive read so far. Couldnt even feel sorry for bill when he kept making stupid choices and for him to end up with one of the ex whores who chose her lover him, really? And only because her lover died!

TorgauTorgauabout 4 years ago

I wish you had ended the story before this submission, which subtracts from an otherwise decent story thread. Bill strikes me as a guy leaping from the frying pan into the proverbial fire. Given his miserable luck with women, I'd wager that his new romance with an old flame is bound to crash and burn.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Was a good story until the end, not really a conclusion. just left a reader wanting more and up in the air

TreymonTreymonover 3 years ago

I wish he actually had been a cautious person like the title stated.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 3 years ago

Not a bad little series even if the ending felt a bit short.

Appreciate it.

Thx

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well... it looks as though Bill is a dysfunctional female magnet... if he thinks Zena isn't another heartache and pain coming around to bite him again he has another sad awakening coming... she deceived and lied to him long-term in the beginning... she is either bi or lesbian, a dysfunctional sexual aberration.... she finds an extremely abusive man to have a relationship with after she loses her lesbian lover and then Bill comes along and rescues her... she's a real winner... he's a perpetual loser.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Wow. You really left this story hanging…. You left him with a lesbian who.had deceived and betrayed him prior to the second psycho bitch wife. Soooo I guess you just got sick of the mess that this last installment had become threw all of the remaining story fragments into a 52card pickup and walked away.

Sad..:very sad your readers deserve better. Like a total rewrite of the last installment

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Not your best.

Waldteufel61Waldteufel612 months ago

Wow, from a strong ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ to a warmburger ⭐️⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous