All Comments on 'A Change In The Status Quo Revisit'

by northlander

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
no stars. ONCE AGAIN A LACK

of communication destroying a good union. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wrong

Sorry you turned the orginal into this mush......

PostScriptorPostScriptorabout 12 years ago
Great new ending!

You took a story with an ambiguous ending that wasn't heading in a good direction, and turned it into a story about second chances, and renewal. A good reminder to keep the important things in life first, and to talk to the ones you love! Although having a heart attack to focus your mind is doing it the hard way...

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Why Did You Ruin the Original Story?

I only read through the first page and a half of this "sequel" before I gave up. You have completely misrepresented the original tale and turned this into a silly monologue for the poor, wronged, professional woman.

You should apologize to the first author; that story was powerful and realistic. Your story is just a running list of rationalizations from the wife's perspective for the pitiful treatment of her spouse.

A sequel would have been welcome...this is like a completely different story.

ParPlus10ParPlus10about 12 years ago
What a bunch of bitter old farts.

This is not even a Loving Wives story. It's a Non-erotic story. It's not about cheating and revenge.

It seems that some people are so bitter about their own life that they only want a story filled with bitterness. PostScript got it right. The first story was completly from Chuck's point of view. It was also left up in the air as to where the story might go. This story took another good story and provided a well rounded complete story.

UndrApprctd if you don't finish the story you should at least have the sense not to comment.

This was a really good story about typical problems in a marriage. Anyone that thinks it was all the wife is probably the cause of most of the problems in their own marriage.

For me, this is one of the best of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good pickup

From the original story. Unlike some other continuation stories, this one kept everyone in character. Since the original story did not suspect cheating your continuation is very plausable.

Keep up the good work.

Ashesh9Ashesh9about 12 years ago
Neither Maledom nor Femdom but Coupledom !!!

The Couple jointly works as a team & overcomes all obstacles ! Here's to Couplocracy as signified & manifested in this Fable !

calibeachgirlcalibeachgirlalmost 12 years ago
What I learned

is that Chuck's mother is a miserable woman. She left with her daughters and left behind her son. What mother does that, regardless of the circumstances? How he could speak to her later in the story is beyond me. I know that I couldn't.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
TOMBSTONES DONT TALK

and corpses cant listen.....Pay Attention before the dirt. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Loved It

Great Great Love story. Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Occam's Razor Pile Driven

Oddly, for a sequel to Occamspiledriver's story, Occam's Razor (the fewer the assumptions in an explanation, the better) was not only ignored, but driven into the ground by a pile driver. For the past year, Rebecca cut Chuck off from sex; disrespected him in public; and lied to him and her colleagues to keep him away from her job related social functions. The most likely explanation for this is an affair with a co-worker, especially considering the sexual conduct code of the company.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What is this drivel?

I read less than half of the first page when I realized that this story went in a completely different direction that, IMHO, the original author intended. I could go on and on and on, but I am just so disgusted that an author would so completely corrupt another's work. I always pride myself on being open minded, fair, and unbiased, but this "work" does not deserve to be called a sequel, let alone have the same title. Sir, I read your other work, and for the most part it is fine writing. However, I believe that you should be ashamed of yourself for submitting this. Write your own, include this garbage, but please desist in insulting someone else's. DC

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Little bit too much blame on the hubby here

No sex for a year

Come here Chucky

Walking away at a birthday dinner

Yes communication and living separate lives was an issue but needed a bit more balancing out.

Enjoyed though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
meh....

It was okay, but OPD's story suggested that the wife WAS having an affair! Next time you get the chance, burn the bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
New story

Chuck was a no nonsense guy so he would not get facts mixed up like being cut off for a year if he just got spurned once. Original story clearly had enough signs he was concluding possibility of an affair, you completely rewrote the history of the relationship. Wouldn't have minded a different perspective and interpretation, a complete rewrite was a big disappointment. If you want to completely rewrite don't suggest the reader read original first. I hope the wig, bra and skirt fit well cause you haven't a clue what a man is. There's a world between a BTB and a total feminine rewrite. Try again, and be honest in your intro.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 9 years ago
Have to agree

This on is own might have been a good story. But it played to fast and loose with the original tale.

Clearly, the facts might have been colored there by his own perception, but the husband was not the same man we see here. He was shown as taking time off after here trips and sending her flowers until it became clear she was not appreciating this. She belittled him publicly at a company function(gee wonder why he doesn't want to go to them?). She walked out on him in the restaurant(over 10 minutes would mean having to sent the waiter away 3-5 times). She doesn't even let him know about a free vacation to somewhere that would at least have had good sightseeing potential.

Add in the rather unlikely heart attack(Very active men weighing in at 170 are at almost NO risk at 38ys regardless of diet unless there is some other issue) and this seemed like you were blaming the victim.

Like I said, on its own it might have been OK. But I think this shows why others should not try to finish the damn story. It is damn hard not to change it too much

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
where did she go ?

So where did Rebecca go?

The one from the original story that disrespected Chuck at the last of her company parties he went to by treating him like a servant and insulting him.

That didn't appreciate him sending her flowers at work.

That was going on a company couples retreat alone by choice rather than invite her husband.

That abandoned him at his birthday dinner after not introducing him to who she wandered off with..................................

In short the one that after she got her MBA with his help decided she was too good for him.

This is not a continuance of the original and disrespects the original work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Some of us appreciate...

...your effort to turn another stereotypic betrayal story (although a well-written one) into something different. It's true that the change in tone is abrupt, and some aspects were left unexplained, but life is like that, so why not fiction?

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
Different perspective, possibly carried a bit too far

The original story was written entirely from his perspective, so there was lots of potential for his interpretation of events to be faulty. Problem is, apart from the wife's admission that she screwed up her priorities by putting career first, this story pretty much puts 100% of the breakdown of their relationship on him and his misconceptions, and the result is just as unrealistic as the original, but in the opposite direction. What needed to be shown was that the breakdown of the relationship was a mutual escalation of misunderstandings and wrongly hurt feelings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sorry couldn't read it.

I started to read your story, and it was good enough that I decided to read the original before proceeding.

Once I returned, I could no longer read yours. It would have messed up the real one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

A perfect continuation.... well, except that the characters, their motivations, reactions and attitudes completely different, so is the setting and plot!

KRD19254KRD19254over 7 years ago
Whoa - what a change

The story is good as a change but it fell way off "O"s original story baseline. 'North' decided to trivialize all of what 'Chucky' did to keep the home/relationship together while canonizing Rebecca. North trivialized her leaving him on his birthday, disrespecting/humiliating him at a work social event to fellow wives that soured him on attending future events. As Becca decided to NOT include Chucky in any future work social gatherings. How he had to beg for her sex and being often denied to only getting vanilla duty f's. Then North twisting the coming weekend spouse social event as being his fault is taking excessive literary freedom not originally intended to once again make Chucky look like the evil one and Becca the saint. Chucky was condemn for working Saturday's and never appreciated for taking days off when she returned from HER trips to be together - so North WTF !@#$%^&*

North you wrote a good story but you sure twisted O's original story, the heart attack, his personality, his family are sure original. To stay withing the context of the original story I object of you making Charles the total evil one (due to his father). And in making Becca the misunderstood 'near' saintly wife in this relationship. North I looked at your Bio as I expected you to be a woman and this story twist was a stroke FOR womanhood or anti-malehood.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 7 years ago
@KRD19254 01/01/17

re:

Whoa - what a change...........................................................................................

Welcome to the northlander mirror universe.

All 'his' so-called 'continuations' are like this.

All women are poor misunderstood victims at worst.

All men are bumbling jerks at best.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 7 years ago
if you think that much is wrong, why not change it all?

If you think a story needs rewritten to the extent that the only thing left of the original is the names of the characters why not change them too?

Since in reality the story you write is a completely new story make it your own.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Different story entirely.

Extremely disappointed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A well written not sequel story

I don't like when a writer takes another author's story and changed it completely. Your story is good and I enjoyed reading about a couple where both were to blame for the state of their marriage. The problem is that the original story was not about it.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 6 years ago
Leave politics out

The dig against Republicans dropped the score. There are extremists in every party. It had nothing to do with the story. Otherwise, it was an ok continuation of a good but unfinished story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Read the first

page and decided to cut my losses. What crap. The story did need a sequel. Still does need a sequel.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Interesting alternative “take” to the original classic LW story.

Usually the woman, from the story teller and the husband’s point of view, is a slutty coniving bitch. But what IF he were looking at the glass as half empty. Jumping to incorrect conclusions due to paranoia. I know, I know - Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you. But that leaves the alternate (glass half full) possible too - just because you’re paranoid doesnt mean they are put to get you - , sometimes you may be wrong.

This was an interesting, though perhaps overly rosie, way to see the alternate. Because it is “fresh” view point I have to give this a passing grade of 3-stars. If it was a little more realistic in the way it handled the story (including dialogue) I’d give it an additional star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nope!

I'd of kept ALL visitors out of my hospital room. When I got better, I'd of gone to a rehab center, exercised, changed my eating habits, contacted a divorce lawyer, did the financial stuff, sued my former employer, and eventually moved away without contacting anyone from my previous life.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 5 years ago
Pros and Cons

On the one hand, this is an interesting story. However, the characters' personalities do not match those in the original (others have also noted this). Political pot shots aimed at either side are also not appropriate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Revisionist Bullshit.

At the end the original she was going on a trip without him. One that was designed for couples. There are of restaurants that serve healthy "real " foods. All of his points about friends were valid.

You turn him into a repentant bully and her into saint. BS BS BS

just another man hating story!

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 3 years ago

Good story but I have the feeling it doesn't cope with the original characters.

I expected some kind of awareness of the wifes cheating.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

ony read page 1 and 4. read page 1 because of my heart attacks. well written

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Inspired by the original perhaps but this is the opposite of true to the original

RzcanuckRzcanuck12 months ago

I liked the original more. I actually was rooting for the main character. In this version I couldn't wait to get through the story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I know this is fiction, but the best thing to happen to them, is the new names-MOMMY & DADDY.

nixroxnixrox10 months ago

1 star - I could not get past the first page - a boring story about a guy slowly committing suicide by poor dietary choices. To me it is the same story with alcohol, or drugs, or smoking, or gambling addictions - no happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Ironic that a heart attack became a 'damascene' moment. (A 'come to Jesus' life changing realization... similar to Scrooge)

It sometimes happens to new recruits in boot camp that have to change from "Me" to "We".

Nice ending towards 'teamwork and happiness.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Early on first page made turn. Could not read.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous