All Comments on 'A Change of Heart'

by coolpen

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A nice story but you lost me when his wealth/title came in play. It would have been better if he were of more humble origins and she became a more down to earth woman. As it was written, she seemed all too happy that she married into nobility. 4*

LudvigBlomSELudvigBlomSEover 1 year ago

I can agree with anon on the wealt/title subject but found the story that enchanting that I gave it a 5.

Actually I didn't think about it as the important part of the story was the banter between the subjects and the possibility of it being a love forever story ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

How old is Bill if his uncle would be about 120 years old? That seems odd to me.

des911des911over 1 year ago

Brilliant. Well plotted, well written and just a lovely story. Well done and thank you.

servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Exceptional writing...Outstanding love story...

5 stars and inclusion in my favorites list.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, what a great story with great characters and a well crafted story line. Please keep up the great work!

teedeedubteedeedubover 1 year ago

Yes, perhaps.....

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Really lovely story, with a distracting quibble. The tale was very well written, was an easy read, and was quite engaging and enjoyable.

.

I really liked that we saw Gracie grow up, right from the time she made the decision on the way to her wedding and told the driver to pull over through the end of the story. She was presented as a typical haughty socialite made even worse by the events of the day, but she became so much more over time. I almost felt sad for her at the end when she finds herself heading into a somewhat similar social role but feel that she and Bill will be much different that things might have turned out if she’d said “I do” instead of making her I DON’T run. Bill was rough around the edges (his prank wasn’t funny and I’m glad she saw through it) but he mellowed a bit as he got to know Gracie and realized she wasn’t the B he initially thought. I liked the ending though I would have been just as happy with it if he was just the hard working farmer and innkeeper with only a small inheritance rather as it turned out. That they were together was the important part.

.

The quibble had to do with the timeline, which was distracting and not really believable considering that Bill’s uncle was said to have served in WWI, cell phones were common (making it mid 90s or later), and the accident occurred in part due to SATNAV (roughly 1999 or later for civilian use in vehicles). With Bill turning 31 in the story, I played with dates and circumstances much like I do with my stories and got something to work out making the story set around 2000 or so, but it was a real stretch. In the end, I quit thinking about that, enjoyed the story for what it was, a lovely romance, and rounded the rating up to 5*. Very nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

very well written - pleasure to read it

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

A very nice story which proved my advice to my young people and anyone getting married. Marriage is a partnership, tell each other what you want and what you expect. Communication is everything, no hints, no roundabout explanations tell each other in plan language what you wish to say. 5 stars.

olddave51olddave51about 1 year ago

Great story definitely five stars!

As the story wound down to the end, I kind of thought that there was a possibility that the Uncle's lady love was somehow related to Gracie and both the Uncle and the woman he had loved were the unseen forces behind Bill and Gracie.

Seeker81Seeker81about 1 year ago

Well done. Extremely enjoyable.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensabout 1 year ago

Excellent! Great story about two people coming together. I do hope you will write more stories that are as good as this one. I’ll be rereading this again soon. Thanks for sharing.

bigbob2406bigbob240611 months ago

A most enjoyable story.Thank you very much!!

burningloveburninglove9 months ago

Great romance! Very well written! I'm looking forward to reading your others!

Burninglove

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2IC8 months ago

What a beautiful, sweet love story. It was a pleasure to read. Thank you for the time and effort given to writing it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercoolpen@coolpen
Male, unmarried, old enough to know what’s fun and young enough to do it. Interested in creative writing and role playing. Like most people i'm here to have some erotic fun. Many wild oats sown when I was younger but these days thinking about sex can be as much fun as doing it...

SIMILAR Stories