All Comments on 'A Change of Perspective Ch. 04'

by VCHeysham

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I like this

this is one of those interesting dilemmas that you've made where on one hand simon's just had a race, he's probably tired and just wants to enjoy a roll in the hay and sleep versus let's go to a public place and be reminded that I didn't win and be outed and be in a loud place after a long race. I suppose from James' perspective it's the principle of the thing--not being ashamed than the actual going to the party. i can understand that you wouldn't want to be a pushover about this sort of stuff because that can also lead to a downward spiral but i can also understand that after a long journey (plane/train and bike) that you would want to stay in. i can't wait for the next chapter.

canndcanndover 10 years ago
That sucks...

Did James run b/c he was hurt or did he run so he didn't try again to be with Si? Great cliffhanger, but sad turn. Looking forward to more.

canndcanndover 10 years ago

I hope that you'll give us some background on James' past that he hints at. I would think that is why he didn't even wait till the next day to run...probably so he didn't change his mind and go to Si. I hope Si goes to him, but I bet there will be interviews and endorsements. Hope he doesn't wait too long.

AkshunLoveAkshunLoveover 10 years ago
I really like this story

First of all... I don't really like sports, not really, but I loved the commentary on the race :) I thought it was very endearing, especially James's fumbling for the tickets. Actually, everything about this story is endearing. I feel like I know these boys (and by proxy, the writer too) and I like how real it feels. The characters are genuine and in their narrative, they are being genuine with the reader, which provokes emotional investment in the outcome—something every writer strives for. Keep up the good work :)

Mba7Mba7over 10 years ago

The angst! I love it and can't wait to read more. Great original story.

TimothyMTimothyMalmost 10 years ago
talk about bad timing

I'm actually angry with Gil. If he hadn't come by and put pressure on Simon, James would have stayed the night. And I bet Simon would have felt differently about coming out, once they'd made love and admitted how they were feeling.

However, I also think James (and Gil) were being unfair. Yes Simon may have been OK if he came out to his team mates. But I still think he would be putting his cycle career in jeopardy, if he came out in public. Remember: no gay pro cyclists so far - and even in other sports they've only just started coming out (and mostly after they've left football or whatever). So it's a bit much for James to demand this so early in their relationship.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous