A Cheated Woman's Fury

Story Info
Wife wants answers to Best Friend's betrayal.
2k words
4.39
99.3k
105
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
StoneyWebb
StoneyWebb
2,036 Followers

A Cheated Woman's Fury

I sat at the table with both of my hands around my drink. I was absently turning the glass as I tried to control my anger. I was waiting to meet with my lifelong friend, Kelly Simpson. We had been friends since the first grade and had been closer than sisters. I had been betrayed by my husband, Todd Forestt, and I wanted Kelly to help me understand why.

Kelly and I had been friends since we were paired together in the first grade. Our teacher divided the class so that each student had a partner. We were instructed to paint a picture together. As we discussed what kind of picture we would paint, we learned that we both had the same favorite color, green. We also learned that we both loved unicorns. So, the decision of what to paint was easy; we painted a green unicorn.

From that day forward, we became the closest of friends. We had each other's backs and didn't allow anyone to pick on either of us without the other jumping into the fray. In one particular instance, together Kelly and I beat up Bobby Samuels, the class bully. He never bothered anyone after that day. And from that day forward, Kelly and I became popular.

The years rolled on by, and our friendship grew stronger. In the eighth grade, we both had our very first date. It was a double date with two boys whose names I have long forgotten. In high school, we both remained popular, both were on the cheerleading squad, and both of us were good students.

When it came time to go to college, we both were accepted to and attended Vanderbilt University. And yes, we were roommates for four years. During our first three years at college, we excelled academically, but we also partied hard. We dated frequently and bedded a number of those boys. But by the fourth year, the partying had gotten stale, and the one-night beddings even more so. Both Kelly and I spent more time on our studies and considerably less on parties.

During the first semester of our senior year, Kelly got very serious with a boy named Todd Forestt. Yes, the same man who is currently my husband. However, after four months of dating, Kelly became fascinated with a football player and broke up with Todd.

Todd was very upset when Kelly broke it off to chase the Jock, which is the name we gave him after the fact. Both Kelly and I had dated Todd, but I was disappointed when he chose my best friend instead of me. But then, Kelly opened the door and started dating the jock. It was the opening I never expected I would get.

Little by little, I began to insert myself into Todd's life. I started by just being a shoulder to cry on. Then we started meeting for coffee once a week. This morphed into lunch every so often. Finally, he asked me out on a date. And that one date led to more, and a month before graduation, Todd asked me to marry him. I was deliriously happy, and we married three months after graduation. And for the first five years, our life was perfect, or so I thought. But then things began to change gradually around the house until one day, I came home early and found my husband in bed with another woman.

"How are you doing, Carol?" I heard Kelly ask as she slid into the seat across from me.

After ordering a drink, we sat staring at each other. Finally, I asked, "Why?"

"Why did your husband cheat on you?" Kelly asked.

I took a sip of my drink and shook my head. "No, why did you cheat with my husband? You and I have been closer than sisters all our lives. Why would you do that to me?"

Kelly swirled her drink around a few times before looking at me without expression. "I think you know why."

"I know that you were always sweet on Todd," I answered. "Hell, you dated him exclusively before I did, but you gave him up. Is this just a one-time thing? Did Todd blackmail you or something."

"Yes, I've always loved Todd and no to both questions," Kelly seemed to have no remorse at all, and that was killing me.

"Kelly, as far as Todd is concerned, he's history to me. I've already contacted an attorney, and I'm going to divorce him. However, I can't stand losing you as a friend. Please tell me that there is some reason why you betrayed me."

"Carol, do you remember when I broke up with Todd to chase after that stupid jock?"

"You're not going to try to justify your betrayal on the fact that Todd and I started dating me after you dumped him?"

"No, I'm saying that," Kelly said with an expression that seemed like anger. Why would she be angry at me?

"No, I'm not saying that. I was the one who pushed Todd away and chased someone I thought I was in love with. But the more I was with that stupid football player, the more I realized that Todd was the man I truly loved. But when I finally dumped the jock, I discovered you and Todd were in love. I was so miserable; I couldn't begin to describe how I felt. Yet I saw how happy you two were together and vowed that I would ever come between you."

Kelly paused and continued to stare at me. I was totally confused by what she had told me so far and how she was acting. If Kelly really cared about me so much, then why did she cheat with my husband? Kelly had to know that was the biggest betrayal she could have ever done to our friendship. Still, I didn't want to lose her and was looking for any excuse to forgive her.

"So, if you felt like that, why in heaven's name did you have an affair with Todd?"

Kelly took another sip and put her drink down. "Do you remember what I told you and Todd when you guys got married?"

"Yeah, you were very happy for us," I answered with a shrug of my shoulders.

"I also told you and Todd that I truly loved you both," Kelly said with her cheeks flushing red. "And I asked you both to promise me that you'd be faithful and true to one another. And when you both agreed, I told you I considered that promise just like your wedding vows. If either of you broke that promise, I would kick their ass."

"Obviously Todd didn't keep his promise," I said and then added, "But why did YOU betray me?

"Carol, you know what I do for a living?"

"You're an FBI agent. So what?"

"Well, about three months ago, I ran into Todd in the Federal Building, and he asked me to lunch. Of course, I asked him how you guys were. He said that he wasn't sure because you were acting a little strange. He was wondering if you were cheating on him. I assured him that my best friend would never cheat on him."

Kelly drained the rest of her drink and slapped the glass on the table loud enough to cause several people to look in our direction.

"I can finally let you know that, four months ago, we began surveillance on your boss for suspicion of defrauding the federal government. He has defense contracts worth tens of millions of dollars. He was suspected of double billing, shorting ammunition deliveries, and using substandard parts. Imagine my surprise at what I heard on those wiretaps of his phones and the hidden mics in his home. There clear as a bell, I hear my lifelong friend, the woman married to the man I love, cheating on him. And then I hear this dear sweet friend of mine telling her lover that she's planning to divorce her husband and run away with that slimeball. I believe you guys were planning to leave the United States this Friday. I'm afraid that trip is going to be postponed, probably forever. Your boss is being arrested even as we speak."

My heart was now thundering in my chest, and I felt faint. Kelly had nailed me dead to rights. I was going to divorce Todd and run away with Jason Witten, my boss. Jason has such a magnetic personality, and he swept me off my feet. I knew what he was doing was wrong, but all I wanted to do was run away with him and live happily ever after.

"So, when I discovered that you were cheating on Todd with that piece of shit," Kelly said through gritted teeth, "my first instinct was to beat the crap out of you. But then I decided I didn't want to go to jail because of the likes of you. I couldn't tell Todd what I had learned because of the ongoing investigation. So, I told him to let me do some investigating. I asked him not to say anything to you until I knew for sure what was going on. He readily agreed because he wanted so much to believe that you wouldn't cheat on him. But little by little, I dropped hints about your infidelity. You and your boss were being followed. I would let Todd know that you had been seen dining at this restaurant or that one. And, of course, you played into my hands by pulling further and further away from your husband. You probably don't realize that you and Todd haven't had sex in almost three months. You probably didn't notice because you were getting your pussy pounded by that asshole boss of yours."

Kelly stopped for a moment, took a sip from her second drink that the waitress had just delivered. "It finally became crystal clear to Todd that you were cheating. From there, it wasn't too hard to rekindle our love. But then he almost ruined the investigation. He wanted to confront you and your boss. I finally convinced him that I had a better plan. And that's why you found your husband making ever so sweet love to me in your marital bed. I know you were planning to divorce Todd, but he'll take care of that chore for you now. And in case you're wondering, I've been sleeping with Todd for about six weeks. Last night, he asked me to marry him after he's free of you. And I promise you this, Carol. I will never be a fucking slut of a wife like you were."

I was sobbing uncontrollably at that point. Then I saw Todd come to the table. He didn't even acknowledge me. Instead, he kissed Kelly passionately. Two men in business suits came to the table seconds later.

"Carol Forestt, please stand up," one of the men said. "You're under arrest for fraud. You have the right to be silent. If you give up the right to be silent, anything you say can be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be provided for you. Do you understand these rights?"

I nodded. I was numb with shock as I couldn't understand how the wonderful life I had been planning had just crumbled before my eyes.

As the two FBI agents began to lead me away, Kelly stopped them. She stepped right in front of me and looked me straight in my eyes.

"Just so there is no misunderstanding," Kelly said, "we are no longer friends. As far as I am concerned, you're dead."

My legs began to crumble, and I lost control of my bladder. I was sobbing miserably as much for being arrested as losing my lifelong friend. I glanced back at Kelly and Todd, who were embracing. I knew that I had not only cheated on Todd but also on Kelly. Someday, Todd might forgive me, but, I knew, Kelly, my one time best friend in the world, never would.


StoneyWebb
StoneyWebb
2,036 Followers