All Comments on 'A Clean Start'

by robcub32

Sort by:
  • 63 Comments
TransverseTransverseover 14 years ago
Sooo sweet

And pretty good for a first time writer - most of the stuff on this site is total shit lol. I'll be looking for more!

kristigirl030kristigirl030over 14 years ago
Awesome!!

What a great story! It is nice to read a story with hot sex and love in it! Keep up the good work. Look forward to more stories from you.....maybe it is Max's turn!!

Marbles29Marbles29over 14 years ago
That was beyond great

For this to be ur first story this is reallly good. You plot and character devlopment was awesome. Cant wait for the next story. P.S. I second the notion to read Max's story

whiteasianlvrwhiteasianlvrover 14 years ago
Brilliant!

Thanks for a wonderful love story that addresses the challenges and possibilities of gay love. You did a marvelous job developing your characters -- making them realistic, flaws and all. I hope to see many more stories from you in the not-too-distant future! Fantastic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Loved It!!

Thanks for a wonderful story. Hopefully we'll be reading more from you soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great!

Great story! I loved all the detail you put into it. I look forward to your next one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Bad Boys

hot

shirlsgirlshirlsgirlover 14 years ago
great!!

Very well written and touching sexy story! Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
soooo awesome!!

i love ur story!!! love it love it love it...hot and touching..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

Loving it!!!!

NikkiVredNikkiVredabout 14 years ago
beautiful!!

more and more of these stories!! i love the romance in them :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

i love the romance in all of your stories. i can't wait for more.

hopkinscmhopkinscmabout 14 years ago
Sigh What a Story

I have to say that it is a remarkable thing to move me enough to make me cry. Your story was well written and very sentimental. I loved the characters and how they progressed in the story. I seriously did cry when Toby rebuffed Peter after the gay sports bar. Congratualtions on writing a truley amazing story. I hope to see more from you.

frenguyfrenguyalmost 14 years ago
AWESOME

GREATEST STORY EVER

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

This was the first story i read of yours back in January. Its still my favourite

one, and go back to it time and time again. Love the 3 characters you so loveinly write about. As i read it i wonder if we can hear Tanks side of the story, of his torment and guilt over loving Pete. Was please you wrote the sequel about Max. Keep up the good work. Always look to see if another story appears from you.

Rockyroads50Rockyroads50almost 14 years ago
Nice story.

I like your "kind of sappy and romantic" story. It has heart wrapped in a good plot. It's the first one I've read and I very much look forward to reading all of your other submissions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
A keeper

Of all your stories, this is my favourite. What a romantic tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

Hi!

Just finished reading Toby and Petey. I really have to quit and get some work done. Will start reading another great love story when I finished.

Thanks

Bob T

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

I didn't like Pete for the fact that he had an affair with a married man. That's just so wrong. ugghh!

no1manno1manover 13 years ago

This story seemed so perfect! So many mixed emotions, I was afraid Toby wouldn't actually come around but you made their ending so sad and sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I didn't like that Pete had an affair with a married man at work. Sleeping with a married man is wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

It is entirely in character for a submissive man like Petey to succumb to the advances of married Mike, who is a classic exploitative male. I would guess that Mike' s relationship with his wife was bad and in his frustration he needed to shag Petey. We are not told at the end how things were for Petey at work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
It was nice..

The story was erotic, cute, and well put together and all, but the affair between Mike and Petey was kind of uncomfortable for me. I mean, would Petey really knowingly sleep with a married man, aware that he was going home to a wife every night? It just seems out of character and kind of mean for someone like Petey...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Where's Petey's apology?

I somewhat agree with the comments about Petey playing around with a married man, but then he wouldn't have if Toby wasn't the guest of his own pity party & treated Petey better. Where's Petey's apology for being treated like he was a piece of scum? If Toby was that much in love with him & a REAL man I might add he would've apologized to Petey. I would've given Toby the boot and went out with Ben. Then Toby would've gotten exactly what he wanted then he could have really felt sorry for himself.

billhudleybillhudleyalmost 13 years ago
Hooray for H.E.A.

Nice writing and a really good story. I get encouraged when I see another like soul who believes in the "Happily Ever After" fairy tale ending.

Congratulations and I will be reading that long list in your bio. great Job.

Bill Hudley

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

this is my favorite story of yours by far :)

I love the romance and the complications you give each character and I really enjoyed that this story wasn't as formulaic, I think that some folks are being naive if they are so irritated by his sleeping with a married man, it was an excellent plot point and interesting. Yea, it was immoral for him to sleep with a married man but that's what made it titillating and also made Mike so wrong for Pete, and eventually what led Pete into Toby's arms.

Excellent job, you are one of my fav writers here on lit and it really grinds my goat when I see people putting un-constructive criticism on your stories.

bah- to say the least I absolutely adore your work thanks so much for sharing can't wait for the new story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Daaaawwww <3

So. Dang. Good.

pete sounds adorable

and toby is a great guy

the only problem i have is that...

Toby isn't real, straight, and living with me lol

but since a world class hissy fit isn't gonna make

my dreams come true i'll just have to re-read and put

"ashley" in wherever it says pete lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I found Pete to be highly unsympathetic. Blowing Max for no reason, even though he should know it would burn bridges with Toby, letting himself be walked all over by Mike, acting like a little baby around Toby.

There's being sub, and then there's being just plain stupid. What makes this flighty, indiscriminate bad-choice machine worthy of Toby?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
ashley

ashley, you cracked me up.....:) guess i wud av to compete wiv u then...lol...

brigid_Bearbrigid_Bearabout 12 years ago
good story

this story has such a real feel...no one charactor was to perfect it was good that pete and max had thier moment...we all do things to regret...made pete and max real.....another favorite story written by one of my favorite authors....more please

HistoricalpassionHistoricalpassionabout 12 years ago
Fantastic.

I have read a load of your stories now because i just absolutely love your writing style. I really really hope that you write more. I enjoy them every time, and have to say i was a loyal follower of the timberwolfcronicles.

I enjoyed this alot. though i have to agree with an earlier comment. Pete sleeping with max. was a very bad choice on peteys part. Though, i will say. None is perfect. everyone makes mistakes, and in the heat of the moment?? yeah your capable of doing things you wouldn't normally do.

On another note. I found Pete absolutely adorable, I'd like the punch the boss (i've actually forgotten his name.) If i could reach my leg up high enough i'd totally kick him in the head. But it proved a good point. It happens more than people actually realize. I've actually been there myself, so i found it really touched a raw nerve for me..

My current boyfriends name is tobi... and i absolutely adore him, so i really really liked this. best name in the world!!. I love this. please write more stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Love It

I swear I was crying when Toby finally admitted to loving Pete and said he wasn't gonna feel guilt about it anymore. But....

When they finally have sex, Pete says something about how they both tested clean? When did that happen? And also, it made me really dislike Pete when he tried to get with Max again, knowing that Toby had feelings for him and he had feelings for Toby.

Just a thought!

pleaseuseme18pleaseuseme18about 12 years ago
So Moving

Brilliant! Your stories are so enjoyable, so positive, and life-affirming. I knew it had to be something serious for Toby to be so conflicted, and I'm so glad he told that bastard to back the fuck off. I love all the characters. Thank you for sharing this. It's beautiful.

dinkybootsdinkybootsabout 12 years ago

loved it still crying . and i am a guy.? lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
So incredibly beautiful!

Your stories are beautiful and this was no exception!! I love your characters!! I'm probably going to read all of your stories now!!

ChrissiChrissiover 11 years ago
if only....

You just want to fall in love all over again after reading your stories.

Love your writing.

big hugs and thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Lol

I love to retread all ur stories!!!!!!!!!!! They're so great and cute

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
ABSOLUTELY GREAT

YES, I HAVE READ THIS BEFORE. BUT, I REREAD IT AND ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. THANKS FOR A JOB WELL DONE.

MACK

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
LOVE YOU!!!

I reread your work ALL THE FREAKING TIME!!!! LOL!!!! Your stories are GREAT!!!! Even though I know how it's going to end when I read them over and over..., the journey to love makes me feel soooo good. The Degan Incident is my new love jones and I can only hope that Peri will find love and we can read more about Callan and Mishu's mischief. HA!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I've read this story again for the second time! I'm on a journey to reread all of your stories!! They're so beautiful and heart warming!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

very nice. realistic too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

It's very good. nicely written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
hot and cute

all things in balance, hot and sexy, cute and sweet. really nicely rounded characters. i especially like Max, but probably because i read his story first.

first class as always

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Very good, as always

I've loved your work here and at gayauthors. PLEASE keep up the writing, you only seem to get better.

Jimmy410Jimmy410over 10 years ago
OMG

Oh my God! You work is absolutely fabulous! I am amazed by your talent. The story was absolutely incredible. I do look forward to reading all of your work. Keep up the amazing writting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Always a fan. Your work is so good and a great read. Type oriented, but I love that I know the type of the story cast and look forward to the different tales you can have between a bear and his boy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
continuity error

Loved this story! Just one continuity error worth correcting: at the beginning of the story Toby has blond body and facial hair but at the end you say he has brown hair. Maybe change the references to brown hair at the end to blond to keep it consistent.

Haphaestion2004Haphaestion2004over 9 years ago
Rob, I'm sorry ! T///T

I accidently clicked on a 1 star vote, when I wanted to click on the 6 star one ! F...K !

I'm trying to find out if it can be corrected ...

So much tragedy in this story ! I think it's the first time I've felt so sad while reading one of your stories: it starts with Pete getting dumped by Chris, then there was Mike, that douche (what a dick-wad !), Pete hurting so bad, his insecurities issues and his terrible loneliness, then Toby wouldn't own-up about his feelings for Pete - of course, in the end we get to know about the death of his ex. ... OMG so much suffering till the happy ending! But I loved it anyway. Thanx again, Rob !

PS I'm sorry, the silly "star system" won't let me correct what I f...d up !!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
miss your stories

I love to read your work. Any chance you will publish more here. Keep up the good work.

Spadger2Spadger2over 6 years ago
Reluctant Lover

My goodness, Rob. You must have the most amazing sex life with you own husband from the way you are able to describe the intimacy and connection between the two main protagonists in your wonderful stories. And your stories are told with such love and compassion.

They are not just stories of gay encounters, but so full of love for each other, even if they get off on the wrong side to start with.

Thank you again.

Love and blessings from Patrick X

Spadger2Spadger2over 6 years ago
Final Surrender

As usual, Rob, I had to come back to re-read another great Love story. Despite problems that might exist between the main protagonists, Love seems to win out in the end in all of your wonderful stories.

There are some gay stories on literotica which are purely about sex, but your stories really emphasize the love between two people, and how they resolve their differences.

Thank you once again.

Love and Blessings from Patrick (spadger2).

Spadger2Spadger2over 6 years ago
Love Wins Out!

This is my third reading of this great romantic story. It helps one understand why many are so passionate when advocating for "same-sex" marriage, which has now become a reality in Australia.

Even though Toby/Tank tried to hide his attraction to Pete, because he was still carrying a torch for his deceased partner, Alex, he had to eventually allow the reality of Pete's presence in his life, and their mutual attraction, which Toby had tried to resist, by not wanting to be unfaithful to Alex's memory.

As for Pete's immediate superior, Mike: What an arsehole! He was a married man with children, yet he allowed his urges to take over and seduce his younger subordinate and, when Pete finally confronts him, lies about the work situation to denigrate him. Again, what an arsehole!

Anyway, Mike fades into the background when the reality of Pete's/Toby's mutual attraction became the dominating factor.

Thank you once again, robcub32, for the joy you spread with your great romances.

Much Love to you from Patrick (Spadger2) X

Tink22004Tink22004about 6 years ago
Another amazing story

You are quickly becoming one of my favorite authors on this site. Each story j end up reading more than once. I love all the emotions in each story and that you take tohe time ti ahow how that couple has progressed in life and yet i still end up wanting more of each story.

illwindillwindover 5 years ago

So after Mike treats Pete like shit, calls him the most derogatory word you can call a gay man, physically assaults him, attempts to blackmail him at work, and then only backs off because of Toby's threat, after all that, Pete is gonna hug him? What the fuck is that?

I usually enjoy reading your stories and seeing a character's self-esteem and confidence being built up by the person that loves them, but in this instance it was just too much. Peter is just so...pathetic. I could forgive him for going along with Mike's demand that he not date anyone else; after all it wasn't like anyone was demanding spots on Pete's dance card at the time. But him just 'pouting' when Mike told him he couldn't go out with his friends really put me off. By the time Toby had to go and threaten him just to make sure Pete didn't lose his job all I could think was that it should have been Pete himself issuing the threat(or better yet, skip the threat and just go right to blowing up Mike's whole world). And then he is suddenly hugging the guy like all is forgiven and Mike isn't some abusive, homophobic, blackmailing piece of shit. I just can't continue to be invested in a guy like Pete. I mean, what would he do if he walked into someone robbing his home? Apologize for not having more stuff to steal?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow I loved it! Thanls!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I hoped he found out about max and pete

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Awesome... as always!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed all the emotions each of these characters had. I love it when guys can be manly, and yet tender and passionate, too. Thank you for letting Pete be able to keep his job after rejecting Mike--as he was certainly right in doing so. There was NO excuse for the horrible things Mike said to him, and certainly NO excuse for Mike striking him. I'm glad Pete and Toby could finally end up together. Being a hopeless romantic, myself, I LOVE happy endings.

Brahms21Brahms21almost 2 years ago

So goood, I hope this story runs more chapter but I'm also, still satisfied with the ending so its cool❀

ReaderforpleasureReaderforpleasureover 1 year ago

Thank you for this story, another of the style I like slow burn to start with then with growing intensity. I always enjoy your writing and nearly always read your stories to their end, Again thank you and keep writing, please!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous