A Cold Day in Hell

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I left work in Lansing, and while driving towards home, the wind picked up, blowing snow slowed me down. I watched the temperature reading on the dashboard drop as I drove. Yes, it was going to get cold in a hurry. By the time I got to Hell, it was almost dark. The blowing snow had limited visibility and the road surfaces had gone slick. I had crawled along at thirty miles an hour or less for much of the time. I knew Samantha would be at her house by the time I arrived, almost an hour later than I should have arrived.

As I pulled into Hell it didn't look right. There were no lights at the Damn Site Inn. Then I noticed the lights were out at Screams and the general store. Hell was dark; the electricity had failed. I turned up the street arriving at Samantha's a few minutes later. I could see light coming from behind the blinds on the windows. She had candles lit. She must have seen the car lights as she peeked out the window, pulling the blinds back. I looked at the temperature reading before getting out of the car—five below!

I hustled towards the house. Just before reaching the door, it opened, and I saw Samantha standing in a winter coat. I quickly went inside as she closed the door behind me. I turned around in the darkened room, candles giving off their flickering light, the smell of paraffin in the air—not an unpleasant odor. Then I noticed it was chilly, easily below fifty degrees. I hadn't put my coat on and placed it on the over-stuffed chair.

"Grover, the furnace is out and I haven't been able to get it started again. The thermostat doesn't do anything. I'm freezing."

"Samantha, is it an electric heating system in this house? I thought this area is serviced by natural gas?"

"No. It's gas. I'm sure it is, just like the kitchen stove."

"Did you check to see if the pilot light is on?"

"Grover, I don't know anything about furnaces. I kind of looked at it but didn't see anything I recognized. Before you ask, yes, I did call a few neighbors and they didn't know anything either. Then I called two heating and air conditioning firms. All of them are already loaded up with emergency calls and can't be here until sometime tomorrow."

"Okay. Let's go take a look. Maybe I can figure something out. We'll need a flashlight."

"Right here." She handed me a large lantern type flashlight.

We walked into the back room of the house and she showed me where the furnace was located. I got down on my hands and knees and looked at the placard. Gas for sure and the pilot light was out. I found another placard that told me how to light the pilot and learned it had an automatic shutoff feature in case of electrical failure. So much for that idea.

"Samantha this thing isn't going to work without electricity."

"Great! What am I going to do now?"

"Wait for the electricity to come back on. That is, unless you have a fireplace that burns wood. If you do, we can heat the house with that. We need to keep the house warm enough so the water pipes don't freeze. If they burst it will be a real mess and expensive to repair."

"Any more good news you can spare?" Samantha said sarcastically.

"So, I take it no fireplace able to burn wood?"

"Got me the first time, she replied dryly.

"How 'bout you come home with me. I would bet the power is on at my place, I suggested in all seriousness after screwing up my courage.

*****

I looked at Grover. What was he thinking? Go home with him. Damn! What was I thinking! Why not? It was as cold as a witch's tit outside and only going to get colder. I didn't want to seem too eager. But there was another reason it would work out too. I had been thinking about it all too often lately. I hesitated for several seconds, as if to suggest it was a difficult decision to spend the night with him.

"Okay. I guess I can't do much else here anyway," I said, trying to sound dismayed.

We walked towards the living room slowly. It was then I heard the howling wind. I looked at Grover only to see him turn to look at me. I walked to the window and pulled the blind out a little. It was pitch black outside, I couldn't see a thing. I turned to him.

"It's so dark I can't see," I grew a small smile, "Dark as hell out there."

I felt his hand come to my shoulder as he chuckled. His touch was difficult to feel through my winter coat, but it was enough to suggest it would feel much better without a few layers of cloth between us. I moved towards the door and slowly opened it as Grover followed close behind. As soon as a crack appeared the bitter, cold wind sent a flurry of fine snow inside. I quickly closed the door.

"I don't think it's safe enough to go anywhere. How long did it take you to get here?"

"Too long. Guess I should have thought of that before suggesting going to my place. I think we're stuck here. Or, at least I am."

I looked at him with a wry grin. "Stuck here with me. Now that would be a real pity."

Grover looked at me and laughed. Then he took a step towards me and planted a kiss firmly on my lips. Whoa! That was good. Real good. What a way to get warm in a hurry. I quickly decided it was time to get practical since he wasn't going anywhere.

"Okay. You're staying the night. Have you had anything to eat? The kitchen stove is lit manually so we can make something warm to eat. I know you're not supposed to try heating a house with the stove so I didn't even try."

"No. I wasn't going to get anything to eat until we went out. I thought I would pick you up and take you out to eat. I'm pretty sure Pinckney won't have power either."

"I'll start fixing something warm to eat. It's already getting late and I'm hungry," I offered.

"Should I go out to the car and get my blankets and pillow?"

I turned to him laughing, "You have blankets and a pillow in your car!"

"Of course I do. I also have a spare change of clothes and a ditty bag with shaving cream and a razor, that kind of stuff. A field biologist needs to be prepared—I never know if I'm going to get stuck or sent somewhere on short notice."

I considered asking him if his ditty bag contained condoms, but held off. I was on the pill so it really didn't matter. We had protection. Then I wondered what he was thinking.

"Why would you need your blankets and pillow?"

He looked a bit sheepish as he looked at me, "I didn't want to assume anything."

I looked at him, knowing how much he respected me by the response. He didn't want to mess things up. I didn't say anything at first. Then thought I should prepare for what might happen. Actually, what I wanted to happen.

"Grover, can you fix us something to eat? I'll get the bedroom ready. I have spare blankets and towels to get out. You're not sleeping on the sofa. You're going to keep me warm tonight."

I watched his face for a reaction. He didn't look particularly surprised, maybe pleased if anything.

"Okay. I'll look around and have something ready in a few minutes. Any clue as to what you have?"

I gave him a quick rundown of what I had on hand, indicating that taking things out of the fridge would be a waste of time, unless hamburger could be used. The cupboards had all the rest. He was looking into the cupboards as I walked to the bedroom with a smile on my face.

I pulled another blanket out of the closet, then an old beach towel, and several smaller old towels that I kept for having sex. I was averse to having a wet spot to lie in for the rest of the night after having intercourse, then having to wash all of the bedding the next day. Experience had taught me a few things. I pulled the top blanket and sheet down, placed the beach towel out, and placed a towel under each pillow.

I pulled the sheet and blanket back up and went into the bathroom to make sure there were enough towels for both of us. I knew we had one flush of the toilet to work with, so I elected not to use it now. I walked into the backroom, pulled out a gallon bucket, and filled it almost completely before the water stopped in the suds saver. Enough for another flush.

I could smell and hear frying hamburger as I walked into the kitchen. Grover had pulled wide noodles, mushroom soup, sour cream, and onion out. I was impressed, Beef Stroganoff for supper. Now, here was a man worth keeping, I thought. Then my eyes went down from his broad shoulders to his narrow waist, and nice tight buns. I felt a glow begin to form as I considered how he would fit on top of me. Keep me warm indeed! I was surprised he was still wearing only a long-sleeved shirt while I was bundled in my coat.

We both stood at the kitchen stove as the noodles came to a boil, the hamburger ready to have the excess fat poured off. Ten minutes later we sat down at the table to eat a warm meal. The warm food felt wonderful going down and a cup of hot chocolate warmed the tummy as well as the hand.

It was approaching eight o'clock, the wind blowing hard. There wasn't a great deal to do in the dark with just a few candles to provide light. It was an opportunity to talk for a while. We placed the dirty dishes in the sink; there was but a small bowl of stroganoff left to put into the refrigerator as leftovers. The food really helped warm me and we moved onto the sofa under a blanket. I snuggled into Grover and we talked about our day. He described how treacherous the roads had been most of the way into Hell.

We lasted about twenty minutes on the sofa before I suggested it was time to get into bed and get warm. I carried a candle as did Grover as we walked slowly to the bedroom. I looked at Grover feeling a little timid—we hadn't ever removed our clothing before, despite the rather passionate kissing and hugging sessions we had engaged in. We stood together holding the candles.

"Grover, let's put one candle in the bathroom and the other on the nightstand. That way we'll be able to see our way to whatever we may need."

"Okay. That makes sense. Do you want me to undress and get into bed to warm it up first?"

I smiled and touched his arm. "Yes please. I'll get in right behind you. I'm warmer, but I'm still chilly."

I watched as he quickly undressed down to his briefs. He first shucked off his shoes and socks, then his pants, with his shirt and tee-shirt following. Even in the dim light, I could appreciate his build. I was impressed seeing him bare-chested, his briefs covering his pelvis, his nicely formed legs visible for the first time. He slowly sat down on the bed after pulling the blanket and sheets up, slipping in. Then a shiver.

"Whoa! It's chilly. Even the bed sheets are cold. Brrrrrr!"

I was wondering if I should wait a few minutes and let him warm the bed really well before undressing.

"Come on Samantha. Let's get this bed warmed up together. I mean the sooner we get warm the better."

I took a breath and started undressing. I don't think I had undressed so quickly in my entire life. I debated if I should leave my bra on, then decided it didn't make a lot of sense and took it off. I quickly slipped into bed beside him as he lifted the blanket and sheet just enough to admit me. I moved into his waiting arms and snuggled in as he pulled the blankets over us. I shivered, my skin had grown goosebumps as soon as my winter coat came off, then my legs followed suit as my jeans came off. My nipples went erect immediately.

I don't care what anyone says about getting into bed with a man you really like when it's cold. Sex is not the first thing that comes to mind. You might think about it beforehand, but it changes. Sex is a concept born of comfort in a woman's mind. Being cold is not comforting.

Grover pulled the blanket up to our chins and we huddled together, I could feel the goose flesh on his arms and legs, when I moved my hand over his chest his nipples were every bit as hard as my own. We didn't say anything for a few minutes, just shivered together. I half turned towards him, placing my leg over his, placing my pelvis firmly against him to increase the total area we shared in contact. I pressed my hairy mound against him, feeling a little tingle. Slowly, I felt the effect of our trapped body heat grow.

Grover moved his head a little and said quietly as his hands continued to caress my bare arm, "I think you're warming up some. But Samantha, your feet and hands are freezing."

I mumbled a reply, "I told you I was cold. You feel nice and warm. I'm glad you're in bed with me. It would be worse if you weren't."

I felt him chuckle a little as his hands came to caress me—one on my arm, the other moving down to my thigh and hip. I moved my feet onto his legs to capture the warmth.

"You must be getting warm, at least your goosebumps have gone down. This is not what I had fantasied our first time in bed together would be," he murmured.

I moved my head and opened my eyes. I hadn't realized I had closed them as I had snuggled into him after getting into bed, "Grover! You have been fantasizing about me—I mean in bed together!" I said in mock surprise.

"Samantha, if you could have felt all the things I've done to you in my dreams, you would be one very happy, satisfied woman."

I raised my head a little more and kissed his neck. "I'd like to explore you a little. Would that be alright?"

"Your hands are still a little cold. But I guess it's one way of warming them up."

I moved my hand along my body to where it intersected his pelvis, moved my leg just enough to allow me to explore more. I pushed my hand under the elastic band of his briefs, sending my fingers down into his pubic hair. Then my fingertips found the tip of his penis. Grover must have still been cold as his penis was just a little stub, barely sticking out above his scrotum. I pushed his briefs out enough to hold his scrotum and penis in the palm of my hand. I left my hand there, just holding him. I felt a thrill at what I had just done. My body started to warm with my own arousal.

Then I heard him whisper, "Okay Samantha with the cold hands. What do you think you're doing? I expected you to put your hands under my back to warm them up."

"I wanted to see how big he is? I didn't expect him to be this small?"

"Samantha. My penis gets that small when I'm really cold. It's a natural reaction."

"Sorry. I thought they were always bigger, even if they weren't hard. Shall I let him go?"

Grover didn't say anything for quite a few seconds. I was feeling warmer with each passing second. Holding him this way was warming me steadily. I moved my fingers just a little, feeling his soft, squishy roundness. I could feel the different texture of his balls with the fingertip of my pinky finger.

"No. I guess your hand is warming up. You surprised me. Are my hands warm enough for you?"

"Your hands are fine. I like the way they feel on my skin. Why are you so warm?"

"I've always been a little warm-blooded. I seldom ever wear pajamas as I get too warm."

I lay my head back down and closed my eyes. At last, I was starting to feel warm. Grover's warm hand came to rest on my breast and his finger ever-so-lightly circled my nipple. It felt good to have Grover touch me this way—my body registered pleasure and the rise of fall of his breathing soothed me. After a couple minutes of Grover's fondling, my nipple produced a wonderful effect. Grover may not have realized how much he was turning me on, but stimulation of my nipple had ignited a white-hot fire down below.

I gently caressed his penis, feeling a slight movement within my hand. At first, I wasn't' sure, but after a few seconds I knew it was growing. I smiled to myself. I had never experienced a penis this way. My introduction had always been after it was erect and firm. I savored the feel of the slowly growing, warm, roundness as it lengthened. I smiled to myself, this was marvelous, what a feeling!

"Grover. I think I woke him up. He's getting big and hard," I said with a hint of excitement in my voice. My fingers encircling his hardening penis detecting his quickening pulse.

"It feels good. Samantha, I like the feel of your breast and your nipples are nice and firm. It's so soft and smooth. I wish I could kiss them, but I don't want to take the chance of letting any cold air in by lifting the blankets."

"You better appreciate them. I removed my bra so you could feel them. You can kiss them all you want later. You know we can do more without having to move too much and let cold air in."

"Samantha, I don't have any condoms with me."

"Don't worry about it. I'm on the pill. We don't need to use a condom," I replied matter-of-factly.

"So you want to have intercourse?"

"Grover, I want a clitoral and deep vaginal massage. A penis works best for that," I said lightly.

"A deep vaginal massage?" he chuckled.

I laughed, "I thought it was a good description. I made it up. You know, I could always tell you I needed a DVM and you would be the only one who would know what it meant."

"What would your vet think?"

My goodness! I hadn't thought of that I admitted to myself. I had never had need of a veterinarian. I concentrated on moving my fingers gently up and down his shaft after barely touching the head of his penis, a vision of what it would look like as it entered me while I was on top looking down—sending another warm tingle to my hot pussy.

Samantha, you know you're really different. The more time I've spent with you the more I like you. You're smart, have a great sense of humor, and you like working with people."

His comment made me feel good, warmed me, as every other man had always told me how beautiful I was, not that there were other things they liked about me. Grover was different, not that I hadn't thought he was before. But here we were, almost naked in bed, I was holding onto his penis, now fully erect, and we were talking. I took my fingertips and slowly moved them up and down the shaft of his dick a few more times, this time a little firmer. I liked the feel. I liked what I was doing to him. His breathing had changed.

"That feels really good. Samantha, when you're ready, do you want to be on top?"

"Yes. If you don't mind."

I was pleased. My ex would never let me be on top. He always wanted to be in control, especially in bed. It was just one more indication Grover was interested in pleasing me. I was starting to feel really comfortable now that I was warming up. The sensation of being wet emerged at my opening.

"Samantha, why in the world would I mind? You know though, I could use a kiss or two."

I shifted upward my body atop him. I raised my head, his face lit in the flickering candlelight. His arms came across my back as we started to kiss passionately, one deep, long kiss after another. My breaths deep between each, as we pressed against one another seeking the pleasure of warm contact.

I liked to kiss and our time together had shown it was a shared pleasure. Better yet, Grover was good at it, always sending me deeper into desire. I heard him give a low moan as we kissed. I whispered into his ear as my pussy started to throb with need. I was now hot, wet, and ready. I released my grasp of his penis. It was time to put it where I really wanted it.

"I hear you. I'm ready. I'm going to move off you and remove my panties, then I'll help get your briefs off."

A little cold air crept in as we removed our underwear. I reached down again, feeling his hard cock more than fill my hand. I gently stroked him several times and heard him give a small gasp. Then, I moved on top of him again and lay down—my head at his. We shared several more kisses as we warmed up again. My soft throb had now grown into a hot ache. I needed him now. I needed to feel him where my fantasies had always sent him—deep into my wet, warm, pussy.

I felt him close his legs tight together as I straddled him. I was a bit unsteady as I used one hand to hold myself up while the other spread my labia. His hand came to my shoulder to steady me as I shifted my pelvis, feeling the tip of his penis at my opening. I slowly let myself down. His entrance sent a surge of pleasure as the head pushed just inside me. I raised up a little and then lowered again. Two more times and then I let myself down, taking the full length of his shaft. The pleasure slowly faded as I lay on top without moving. I had a wonderful feeling of fullness, the walls of my pussy gently spread apart. He was fully into me and it felt so damn good.