All Comments on 'A Comfortable Pair Of Shoes'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 244 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
OLD SHOES AND CLOTHES ARE COMFORTABLE

but to break in new ones is difficult, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
lol

first LW story i've read that i enjoyed. thanx.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent

The wife was a real fucking cunt. I hope she goes to goodwill to buy her clothes now.

Ha ha ha

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Worth a great 5+*

Thank you for a very enjoyable story, its like taking a 'breath of fresh air' here on Lit, please keep writing.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story... as usual.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
Using Colloquial Language, Incomplete Sentence Structure & Freely Interjecting Slang in Story is a Double Edged Sword !

It's very effective is used correctly but can go wearisome & bad in proverbial quick hurry. Only the very best ( Faulkner, Welty ) and worst ( don't deserve to be listed ) opt for extended salt of the earth vernacular. How did it work here for qhml1 ?

*****

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 10 years ago
I liked the concept

We need more action/consequences stories. No one can do whatever they want with out paying a price somewhere.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

A brilliant little tale. Five stars.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 10 years ago
Excellent

No cruel or unusual punishment. She was warned and got what she deserved. Liked it.

bobby9909bobby9909over 10 years ago
Please write more of these.

Absolutely enjoyed this great little tale. Please sir, may I have some more?

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 10 years ago
Fun but vapid

Fun, for a meaningless little thing. Like the LW equivalent of watching a cartoon or eating Cheetos.

dinkymacdinkymacover 10 years ago
Nice.

Thanks for sharing.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
5*****

Good consequence story.

chastenchastenover 10 years ago

Enjoyed this one!

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42over 10 years ago
Well done

Nice to realize that occasionally justice prevails over evil wrong doing. Thanks

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 10 years ago
Just like the character...

a no-nonsense story, well written and strait to the point. I loved it.

kakashi524kakashi524over 10 years ago
Short, but...

...very well done. Though there was a need for a editor, a few mistakes here and there. 5 Stars.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

Great story and one very expensive "pair of shoes" :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Two stories the same day.

As always both enjoyable entertaining reads. Given the trash that's being dumped into loving wives lately these are a welcome diversion. Thanks for good reading. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fun story with realistic characters - 5 *

I liked this story much better than the other one you submitted today. Both characters were real. Most husbands can relate to the sentiments of the husband. The wife was a little to simple but its a 2 page story. Thanks for spoiling us. Can we count on lots more from you in the future?

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 10 years ago
GOOD story but counselling seesion makes NO sense

This author often writes really very good stories and this one is no exception but there is one problem with the story that really irks me. And again this is just my own personal opinion

They are in the counseling session right ?... And he is telling the counselor about how the wife has changed ...about how she appears to be fooling around and sneaking around behind his back. Then he drops in the fact that the vacation resort place the wife wants to go to visit in Cancun is a SINGLES place and that it caters to the alternate lifestyle.

What is the counselors reaction to those Facts ? It's obvious that intelligence and determination that the husband has proof that this is where the wife is going to go with her slut friends in Cancun. This is not just a statement of fact but it is a bombshell !!! Surely there has to be some sort of reaction from this bombshell that the husband drops in the counseling session.... No???

But instead of finding out the counselor's reaction or the wife's possible explanation in a counseling session..... instead in the very e next paragraph the back together again. This makes no sense.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 10 years ago
If this was in your leftover pile....

I can imagine the great stuff in the to be published pile. Good stuff here I loved it 5* from me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Really Nice

Really, really, really nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
2 POVs = 1 Star

You keep shifting from wife point of view and the next paragraph to the husband's point of view.

That's not way to write a good story. For that I rated your story a 1 star. If there was a zero, I would have selected that!

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Tow Q stories in one day!

This woman could have been one of Stang's psycho first wives (which is intended as a compliment). Well written little story.

alex_crossalex_crossover 10 years ago
Simple and too the point

I loved it! Here is a guy who knows his mind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I think I liked this story.

I'm not sure why he took her back the first time. You made it clear, when he made up his mind he NEVER went back. I'm positive she would have NEVER signed the post-nup. And the ending, even after reading it 3 times, left me wondering.

Did he have a girl friend? A second wife? Where did she come from, the office? Did his ex-wife marry well and that's why they don't travel in the same circles? Why would his ex-wife go to therapy? She continued to lead her life, on her terms throughout, why would she feel any change necessary? I like your writing, but this story simply had too many questions left unanswered for me to really enjoy it.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
@Anon '2 PoVs'

* * *

Dumbass Anon-2pov: The ONLY PoV was Hubby's!!! There IS a long QUOTATION from Sweetie (as Hubby overheard it) which HUBBY reported. It MIGHT have been formatted differently, such as surrounding at start and end with a line of asterisks, BUT it was clear (if the reader was paying ATTENTION.) So ... ZERO stars for your comment!

* * *

The story is delightful! QHML1 has NOT written below 4* since third grade! The only awkwardness is towards the end, where Hubby goes off to buy shoes, which segues into his eventual new pairing and suggests Sweetie2 has been with him for several decades. Then the author drops back to the 'main tale' timeline to diss the 'Counseling Judge!' Considered how to suggest a revision which would alleviate this awkwardness ... no great surprise - I could NOT think of a way I thought would improve on the original!

5* (because we can't give 7*)

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
You found 5* Gold!

A good read, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
CINCO ESTRELLAS

MAKE MY DAY

Vanderdecken

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 10 years ago
Very Classy

Like they say" don't know why I married her. The same ting I said about my first wife.

Thanks for a good story!

john1946john1946over 10 years ago
OK

Now that was a fun little story

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
refreshing

really good nice pace

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
Great Story

Agree wholeheartedly!! This was a fun story. Last paragraph said it all!! Had to laugh with him. 5 stars just for that.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Editing errors aside

I liked this story better than the Tee one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Really lame, not up to your usual standards.

Stories where the wronged party, ie the cuckolded husband, gets the (newer and hotter) girl, the gold watch and everything are...a dime a dozen on LW. And they are, generally speaking, unenjoyable. Not only does it detract from the realism of the story, it steals from the effort you put into the characters. After all, life rarely comes up roses for divorced men, regardless of how much they get fucked over by their wives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
enjoyable

I enjoyed this story. Good short one. The format was a bit cookie cutter, but the content was very good, as usual from you. It drew several chuckles and smiles from me.

It is such a treat to see new postings from you. There are very few writers on this site who have as much talent as you.

-Wild Bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
in spite of 'really lame' earlier, this story....

....somehow makes the world a little more tolerable. That the guy doesn't get completely screwed over, in addition to getting cheated on. That the cheater gets nothing except what the leaving spouse offers out of decency (decency the cheater didn't offer when she could have), is just another dig for the ADD shits that can't or won't be honorable and break things off before 'expanding their horizons'.

I can't stoop to saying this story makes all right with the world, that would make me as lost as some of these characters. But it feels like someone, somewhere else can see their way to justice and honor in such a mess.

Not going to offer any criticisms, since anything I could offer would be dealing in trivialities. The editing and fine work have been quite good.

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
great

1 star rate

BTTapBTTapover 10 years ago
Excellent

Really good short story. Author developed the narrative in a great way (it's a simple, standard, cheating wife recovery fantasy, really; been done on this site 1000+ times), and my feelings about the husband/protag changed at least 2 or 3 times throughout. Character development was excellent, for both husband and wife. Made this one a favorite.

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
Fun!

He's a good guy. He gave her every break. She just didn't get it. Another five.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Priceless fun

It read sow well - he got to the end and knew it then just moved on -

FiftyshadesofmeFiftyshadesofmeabout 10 years ago
:)

Hahaha I laughed so much.

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
T.P.ing the courthouse

I cannot remember who recommended that all judges should keep a roll of toilet paper in front of them next to their gavel. To remind themselves that they are only human.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 10 years ago
Excellent!

Can't think of anything to criticize. Very good

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
not as smart as he thought

Should have sent her to the curb the first time......nothing changed

OldpartOldpartabout 10 years ago
Nice

I think this is the best of this type LW story I've read. 'course I ignore the nitpicking comments of some.

scalinghammerscalinghammerabout 10 years ago
PostScript

The postscript was the best part for me. Good story but great ending.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Read it Again

What a fucking worthless cunt. Hopefully her new husband discovers she's a cunt and leaves. Great tale now one of my favs.

Five Stars

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
TO PARAPHRASE RIDDICK

What in the Hell kept you this long, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Definitely

From a guys prospective win win, hope never to need this model of moving ahead

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
VERY GOOD

first off why marry the bitch in the first place. im sure the pussy was great but damn you had to know what was coming. second i would have went ahead and got the contempt charge on the judge, it wouldve been worth it.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Meh

Too many of these stories on here. You want us to like the 'hero', but I just can't. I HATE cheaters, and the wife in this was a self absorbed cheating cunt. Yes, he got rid of her. Yes, he got revenge. But, boy, was he ever dumb. He deserved to be cheated on, because from the moment he met her, she made it quite apparent that she was not to be trusted. Yet he married her. Throughout the marriage she showed that she couldn't be faithful, yet het stayed married to her.She was unfaithful ever before she fucked that guy, because she was forever TRYING to fuck around. She organized a cheaters holiday, for fuck sake! For as long as he knew her, she blatantly showed that she was only interested in herself and in his money, yet he kept her. When she told him that she was going to Cancun, she couldn't have been more obvious if she had taken out a full page advert declaring that she was going to cheat, yet, he kept her! So, by the time he DID catch her, well, too bad buddy, you CHOSE to be with her, despite ALL her OBVIOUS flaws and lack of morals! It's not as if he was blindsided, because she was the same person he chose to date, and marry, and she never changed! It's like buying a car, when it is covered in rust, and is missing a windscreen, and the salesman tells you that the engine is set to explode! You can't complain when it does EXACTLY as advertised and falls apart as you drive out of the lot, when you knew it would happen, and you still CHOSE to purcahse!

I despise any and all forms of cheating, but I also hate idiocy!

I hate these stories, because the guy CHOOSES the most unsuitable woman ever as a wife, forgives her cheating time and again, disregards her contempt and lack of respect for him again and again, turns a blind eye 'because he loves her', again and again, and finally, when it is YEARS too late, he dumps her, even though he should never have married her in the first place! And we are expected to view it as a 'feel good' story, where the 'good guy' wins? I think not.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Shoes

The flaw with her analogy is that her comfortable shoes aren't going to walk away from her if she wears a hot pair of shoes occasionally!

VickieTernVickieTernover 9 years ago
I had trouble believing

that the lady was so stupid or compulsive that despite all prior experience she did it again (and again). She'd be a little more credible if she were maybe a little more tense, or more single-minded in her faith in herself. But hey, this is excellent nevertheless, so five stars!

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 9 years ago
@KarenE... funny...

Or... she forgot to take into consideration that the PRICE for those red CFMs - was trading in the comfortable shoes.

I love when people try to make analogies based on an incredibly narrow window of equation... ignoring the 99+% difference of actuality.

Maybe next time she should try one more like, "You know how cheating in your marriage is like putting a loaded gun to your marriage's head and blowing it's brains out? Well, that's what I feel when I screw someone besides my husband."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I liked it

A short, sharp & sweet story.

HP

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
AT WHAT POINT DOES ONE

consider going barefoot. TK U MLJ LV NV

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 9 years ago
selfish

That is all there was to it. She was selfish. She never loved him she just didn't want to lose her meal ticket.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 9 years ago
Yeah

Always re-read my favs. I think this is one of the reasons I walk around in just my stocking feet. Don't marry a cunt, she may just cheat. By the same token, don't marry a prick either.

GoodhueGoodhuealmost 9 years ago
Nice When the Wronged Party Comes Out On Top,But....

The husband had her number from the beginning but he wasn't nearly as smart as he's made out to be in this story. Why,in God's name,did he marry the twat in the 1st place?! She'd try to manipulate him from the very beginning,was a conniving bitch,and showed her cheating nature all along. (He just hadn't bothered to check up on her.) It took him 10 years to actually find someone he was compatible with! ~ Bottom line is divorce never provides a truly happy ending to a story.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Repeating Myself

I know I've said something similar several times, but I love how these cheating wives seem to think it's ok for THEM to have little "flings", but you can bet your life that they would never accept their husbands doing the same!

And even if they WOULD accept it, that kind of arrangement has to be discussed and AGREED to by BOTH parties before putting it into action.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I was lucky

women stopped me and asked...I usually said yes if only for variety and practice. After awhile I wanted to be in love and tried. The problem was that by then I knew too much about the women I had been with and knew what was possible with all of them. The stories we read in here pale by comparison with the experiences I put "us" thru. I am too old now to get stopped on the street but, with a few regrets...I was asked by another woman lately why I didn't trust her and replied hell, I can't trust myself and you're the same. A lustful life is fun and maybe seems as exciting as it is but I'd rather be alone than wish I was.

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
It's His Own Fault!

Yes, all that happened to him was his own fault. She cheated when they were dating, etc., she cheated when they were married AND he kept giving her chances???? I am a firm believer in 'once a cheater, always a cheater'. Very, very rarely does it change. Krosis666 said it best in his comment, and I agree with his comment. Whenever a character forgives and takes back a cheater, it only leads to future heartbreak.

MullendersMullendersover 8 years ago

xtchr dont completly agree with you its just like using drugs or hitting someone the first time you do it will be a very big step and after that its just easier becouze you have done it already

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I enjoyed your story very much, but do not lay the blame. It is just a story but laid out very well and told well. on to the next.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
good to see a person with resolve

and the frivolous one getting their just due.

I have to agree with others who ask about the initial attraction of she was high maintenance before there was a relationship.

self fulfilling prophesy?

you expect it to happen at the beginning

therefor

there is no surprise when you prove yourself right?

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Character

Great writing, great attitude and a lot of common sense. Once it was clear that kids were off the table, who really cares what happens? It is just him and her. Her lack of respect for him, herself, their marriage and really everyone else speaks of an angry woman. Yup, just like there are angry men wandering around, there are a bunch of angry women wandering around too. These people are angry because they feel entitled, and they haven't gotten their due. They have the view that the world owes them something and hasn't given it to them. In the end, most of them try to take it - whatever it means to them. Cheaters, delude themselves into thinking that they are entitled to cheat because somehow they did not get what they deserved. Of course this is completely irrational and their behavior reflects that condition. That is why they are so easy to catch. Who the hell wants to hang around with someone like this? Forget about being married to one of these losers!

xtremeddxtremeddover 8 years ago
And like an aged fine wine ....

this story is bold not fruity robust not weak and aged, to perfection.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

PS: The post-nup saved your ass on the story too.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
THEY ARE ALMOST 100% CORRECT

the oldies are the best. TK U MLJ LV NV

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 8 years ago
Good story BUT....

he was far too generous to the arrogant bitch... which, after having read this whole story, makes him look just plain stupid. She KNEW him and had already had plenty of warning what the price would be so the hammer blow that struck her should have been BRUTALLY DEVASTATING as well as final. Give her a CAR?? Set her up with an apartment?? Are you fucking serious?? B.S.... Give her a shopping cart for her clothes, a BUS PASS and directions to the HUD office for a housing subsidy.

Gave it 4 stars.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 8 years ago
Okay, wait a minute...

he found a woman who wasn't into games? Come on, there has to be some sense of plausibility.

Just kidding--although that part is kind of far-fetched.

I enjoyed this immensely. Well thought out and written. 5 from me.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

A fun read. Still five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

great reading

Ed Grocott

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 8 years ago
I love . . .

I love your stuff. Great, to the point, efficient, humorous, clear, well-written, and fun. Thank you.

Kitist02Kitist02about 8 years ago
New shoes, eh?

This was just as much fun on the third read as it was on the first two. Thanks.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
keep doing the same thing?

keep getting the same results?

don't be surprised

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

He should have divorced her for costing him the fish.

GoodhueGoodhuealmost 8 years ago
Bad News

He should have dumped as soon as the Girls Night Out started the first time,with the home late,mussed hair,wrinkled clothes,etc all the proof required.Once a cheater,always a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great writting

Well written, but it was very much like sitting down to watch a good porn flick then sitting through an episode of Judging Amy. And it gets worse, Amy wasn't even braless in this one.

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 8 years ago
For Real?

I guess my life will be incomplete. As I approach the end of my eighth decade I have neither cheated nor been cheated on. I don't even know anyone who has gone through this obviously highly traumatic episode and at this time in my life I probably never will. I've also never had anal sex and to tell the truth I don't think I'll miss either set of experiences.

But this does bring up the question as to whether or not there is a true answer to the questions of forgiveness and the recovery of the feeling of trust. Can someone be sufficiently contrite about doing wrong that they will never do it again? My faith in human nature tells me that if someone gets away with something bad they'll be tempted to try to get away with it again. On the other hand it is possible that the person doing wrong could be so scared about losing the good thing they have they'll truly never do it again. My guess is that there's clearly no single answer to this question and every situation is indeed unique. As I said I've never gone through this, but I'd like to think that if it had been a long term relationship that was in jeopardy and the violation was relatively short lived that a second chance makes sense. Not three strikes and you're out - just two. Rebuilding trust will take time, but I do believe that it could happen.

This site is obviously intended for men since the men are almost always portrayed as the injured party and the women are the cheaters. I would guess that in real life the men are more often the cheaters than the women, but I don't have any statistics to back that conjecture. It would be refreshing to see the men cheating on the women for a change and see how that sits. In any case, this author does a fine job with the language and story construction and I enjoy his writing. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
a violent sociopath

Terrible story about awful people.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 8 years ago
@Overcritical 06/30/16

re:

This site is obviously intended for men since the men are almost always portrayed as the injured party and the women are the cheaters. I would guess that in real life the men are more often the cheaters than the women, but I don't have any statistics to back that conjecture. It would be refreshing to see the men cheating on the women for a change and see how that sits.

------------------

The different studies I have seen have shown very different numbers on cheating.

But the constant that I noticed was that there was an 8% difference in how many men vs women cheated.

Standard statistical margin of error is 4% ±

But those studies were about twenty years old.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 8 years ago
Excellent

Considering there is nothing new worth reading tonight I figured I'd go back to one of my favs. In my favs, if anyone cares, all the cheaters get punished, and or lose everthing and everyone. To hell with them.

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
How sad

" In my favs, if anyone cares, all the cheaters get punished, and or lose everthing and everyone. To hell with them. "

I care, and I think it's sad for somebody have to feel that way.

Lue

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 8 years ago
@Luedon

Thanks for caring, I guess. Why I don't know.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Back at it again

3rd time reading this, and I gotta say, this story never gets old, kind of like a comfortable pair of worn in Nike's. I love Shane, he's such an interesting character - doesn't take shit from anyone, sarcastic and witty attributing to his intelligence, and acts upon what he sets his mind to. Wifey is a funny character too. After being married to Shane for how long, and still goes behind his back knowing about the Magic Moment. Ironic really. Then she does it again, and gets ripped apart by Shane's seemingly nonchalant attitude. I'd say this story was one of your Magic Moments, Q, just not in the same context as Shane.

I don't really understand how this story is rated so low, it should be at least 4.75 or something like that. 5 stars from me.

norcal62norcal62over 7 years ago
Story is okay, if a bit disconnected.

Is it a rush to write or a cultural effect to drop out words? I suspect it's a cultural effect from across the sea. In any case, it's annoying to read.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Re-Reading

"Going to Cancun for two weeks with her friends" - Forgetting the cheating aspect, how much vacation time does she get that she can burn 2 weeks on this "Girls Gone Wild" junket, let alone the cost? Ah, I just read, this was ALL of her VC time! And just as with GNO's, as he said, no good can come from hanging out with sluts!

"It was no surprise when she fought the divorce, but I had to wonder why." - Because as much as she wants the freedom to fuck around, she wants the security of being married.

"Stay with me and try to work on our marriage" - Yeah, funny she didn't want counseling to try to save her marriage until he walked out!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Second time through....

Still five stars. Been a few years since I read this one. A very fun read. It had depth and humor.

Horseman68Horseman68over 7 years ago
Very Good; Not Quite a 5Star

Excellent writing as always. Intend to read all by this author; never yet failed to please.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Laughed Out Loud!

Several of your quips are hysterical! I especially enjoyed the "dick seeking missile" line. My second trip through this one ... it wears well, like an old pair of shoes... ;-)

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 7 years ago
Loved it!

The main character is a good man who loved a women who (1) had no moral compass, or (2) had mental issues, or (3) self destructive issues. Maybe a combination of them all. What he did to her in the end is what she really needed. To hit rock bottom. What brought it all together was the few sentences close the end as a follow up after the divorce of what happened to Gwen. She finally got therapy. I'm surprised he didn't end up therapy too because of her. Great Flash story...love your work. *****

oldwayneoldwayneabout 7 years ago
Loved it...Five Stars!

Torchthebitch forever!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
for a real hoot

Read lordslummdoggy's comment

FAULKNER THIS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 good story

and annony hates it. You deserve a 10!! Annony is the king asshole on here. He reads all of these LW and cuck stories and then bitches,. hehehhe he's an old fat ugly fag fool whose wife fucked him over his entire marriage!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Reading danoctober's comment...

...these words lept out at me:

no moral compass

mental issues

self-destructive issues

Now all I can think of is Trump, and I turned off the ##^*=+{{}#^*+*% TV so I could stop thinking about him! Lol.

Anyway, good story qhml1. It made me wonder why judges frequently order marital counseling, when it is the cheater that badly needs therapy. They should always order individual counseling at the same time, for the marital counseling to do any good. I mean, in how many stories here do the couple ever reconcile well? Not many, which is probably a reflection of reality.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Or

Hillary. And of course the looney old uncle in the attic Bernie. It's almost always the lesser of two evils.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...