All Comments on 'A Conversation Long Overdue'

by rhetthebrat

Sort by:
  • 124 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good one...never allow oneself to be a selfish sluts backup plan

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

***Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
just

a reupload

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

That was basically a perfect BtB without him even trying.

Inadvertently knocks up the soon to be ex-wife, which is karmic payback for her lover, and destroys her relationship with the "soulmate". Meanwhile, he moves on and marries another woman, so when the desperate ex-wife comes crawling back she faces a resounding rejection. Very nice!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very nice work. You right very well. Keep it up. A longer piece would be great but this was as long as it needed to be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No one wants to be someone's second choice.

We'v all had first loves. But that never matters. The order doesn't matter. His ex put him squarely in second place. She was perfectly happy to make him a cuckold, and raise another man's child without his knowing. That's not love, that's contempt. She had a false sense of entitlement. And now she's a mother of two kids....to different fathers. Both of whom feel betrayed by her.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Good story if it was for a 750 word contest. Otherwise it most definitely needs an ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"I guess you chose poorly then." Best line in the story. Never be someone's plan B.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Was today designated as "shitty LW story day"'? If so, I didn't get the memo.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Short and semisweet.

Maddy was a real cow.

llyfrllyfrover 2 years ago

best revenge is living well

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"I wanted you! I just wanted him once in a while too."

.

These fora are littered with delusional women like this. Makes for some entertaining stories, I guess.

.

Solid 3 *** effort.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 2 years ago

Nice.

We've seen similar stories before,

but this one was very well done.

The only problem was it's shortness.

4 out of 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story. Not sure how she knew who was the father as she was doing both guys. No mention of DNA testing.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

She should have never married James in the first place. Sadly, I have seen this before. People marry because they are expected to, they feel pressure and don't want to hurt the other person. They shove unresolved feelings, doubt and insecurity down and hope for the best. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes the marriage isn't full of passion but they are comfortable. Sometimes they realize it doesn't work and they split somewhat amicably and sometimes bitterly.

Sometimes though you have a case where unresolved feelings combine with entitlement and narcissism. This leads to resentment, cheating, betrayal and treachery. Oh they might have buyers remorse and seek reconciliation such as here but it's just more entitlement and desperation.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Good. Good

Very good all over.

Thanks rhetthebrat.

/

Maddy is ONE

DESPICABLE

ENTITLED

WHORE.

Goodness, the things that she said.

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Maddy was just looking for a meal ticket after her "first love" dumped her apparently again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"But we have to talk. We've needed to talk for a long time now."

As Barney Ruble use to say Fred Flintstone every time Fred came to Barney with his latest selfish hair brain scheme; "When did WE get so plural?"

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 2 years ago

I like the framing of this. It allowed for a flash tale to have lots of backstory and richness. Nicely done.

(and the strength of both James and his marriage with Sally was awesome too)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A perfect BTB and he didn't strike a match. LP

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Gotta love when plan B doesn’t work out

KRD19254KRD19254over 2 years ago

Just one step missing in the ultimate BTB, letting Maddy see Sally's baby bump.....

/

5* Hooyah, salutes...

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Average story about average characters, did not engage in the least. A shame he has to pay the bitch at all whilst raising his own.

Scores 3/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done! Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why believe it's his kid? Water under the bridge.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Great story. Perfection in one page, as another cheating wife makes the wrong choice and pays for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry Maddy, we don't have ANYTHING to talk about. And the door closes. End of story, still satisfying.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

When you jump outta the frying pan, make sure your landing spot ain't the fire! The worst hit to Maddy was her being left crying in the living room while he and his new wife stepped into the kitchen for brekky rolls! 5/5!!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

All's well that ends well!

5

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 2 years ago

5* Maddy, the lying slut, is probably trying to execute her fallback plan. I would not let her stench in the house. Talk to her outside next time. Write On!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Right those non cukish stories are easier to read.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

it was ok but u have to look past a huge hole there. dinner at mother's house would that not include his pregnant wife. sorry to be that guy but that was a huge hole

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Man, this guy can write. A beautiful, simple, straightforward 5. He got a lot into one page here, although enderlocke77 did make a valid point. Dinner at his mother's house without Sally? But that's not a fatal defect. Could be that Sally had a similar commitment that night at her parents' home, or some other family event like that, and James didn't want to leave his mother alone on a night she expected him (or them). Just because James & Sally are a solid couple doesn't mean something like this couldn't be the case if that's how the scheduling cookie crumbles.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Amazingly, this story isn't trash! you're getting 5 Stars for that, make sure you end it here or otherwise... you won't be happy, i promise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice try, but it wasn't a conversation. The whore was seeking her backup plan when the man she was really devoted to deserted her; funny, he's a service man. Guess she got a shitty one, just like herself. But it was too silly and absurd for the ex whore to even make a play. OK, she knew her ex husband was stupid and gullible, fucked him over to years and had her lover's child right under his nose. And how does a woman that evil, empty, without character or virtue, how does that piece of female sewage deceive an intelligent discerning man? Exactly. If he's that clueless, disconnected, and has such weak instincts then he got what he married, which means he got what he deserved.

So, No, no conversation. That takes place between two intelligent adults. This was just some blather and exclamations, attempted fraud, rape even. Good thing he married a real woman to save him from himself. Wonder how long she'll put up with having to treat him like one of her children. Some women can pull it off, and some half assed dickless men are very very lucky to find them. Mediocre, but thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh so the child that u could possibly have isn’t as important as the one ure having with the new wife do u care the irreparable damage u do to a child treating them as second best or less important. I think ure right staying away from ure ex but an innocent baby u say u will do the right thing then immediately say that the new baby is more important (not in those words but it’s implied)

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

A minor variation on a well-worn LW plot template. Stale goods. You're capable of so much more.

fritz51fritz51over 2 years ago

Don't understand what the problem is with all of the fussy fannies making negative comments about this. It worked just fine for me. To quote a very good author on this site, "Lighten the fuck up"

Five big smiles from me.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

I have to side with Fritz51 here. Secondly, Anon’s are just another way to spell annoy. Gutless wonders who have probably never written anything in their collective lives. Ignore them or you let the vexing creatures bore little holes into your soul. Thirdly James DID NOT say that their unborn child was MORE important, only that it would require their full attention, which it surely will! Keep at ti!

Gram1Gram1over 2 years ago

Love this story. Thanks for sharing. This author really writes for me. Hits just the spot each time. Please keep contributing.

Danger09Danger09about 2 years ago

She only wanted him back because Tom left her with 2 kids. It had absolutely nothing to do with love. She just didn't want to be a single mom to 2 kids.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

Lovely! How did I miss this when it first came out?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Four stars, not a 5 because he let her in to his place. Why the hell do that ?

When you divorce a cheating spouse, divorce them. No shared biological children (as of the time of divorce). Plenty of reason for acrimony. Separate your lives completely.

Reader2021Reader2021about 2 years ago

OUTSTANDING!

5 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Interesting twist on a typical trope. 4-stars

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77about 2 years ago

An excellent beginning of what could be an interesting story series. 5 starts

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The story was OK. I would've liked a little background but what the hell. He wasn't a wimp. He didn't take the tramp back. I do hope he at least got a DNA test to determine if he is in fact the father. I wouldn't blindly trust anything that comes out of that slut mouth 🙃🙃..I don't understand some of these comments. He didn't say his child with his new wife was more important than his alleged son. What he said was they were going to deal with it TOGETHER. If he is in fact the father, THEY will work with the ex to support his child. BUT....... he will NEVER go back to her.......What's wrong with him assuring his pregnant new wife, that whatever happens they will get through this together and that their family comes FIRST?🧐 Are y'all OK?!😕🤭.. what do y'all want him to do, leave his pregnant wife and go play daddy to a child that may or may not be his? The man have to get a DNA test first. Get real, the slut is only there now begging for him to take her back because it didn't work out with Tom. I'm 1000% sure if Tom didnt turn out to be a pussy and disappeared on her, she wouldn't be there now🥴🥴. So forgive me if my feelings towards her and her child is fuck you bitch and goodbye😭😭😭.... I maybe would've felt differently if she immediately told him she was pregnant when she found out. regardless of the papers already being signed. Her hiding it and only telling him now, cause Tom "her first love" left her.....makes me feel some type of way🤷🏽‍♀️.. nothing wrong with him moving the fuck on with his life. It's OK for him to be happy. I just don't know what you all want. He said he'll take care of his kid and I'm sure he'll be in the child's life. So wtf is y'all problem 🤔 😕.. do y'all want him to go back to the slut or something?

jimjam69jimjam69about 2 years ago

Very good. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My problem with this story is that implies that James tolerated Maddie screwing around with Tom for some time before he concluded she wasn't going to give him up. That makes him a willing cuck and I hate those stories. He somewhat redeemed himself by extracting himself from the relationship.

PierremanvisPierremanvisabout 2 years ago

Great. This author is exceptional. I really want him to keep contributing. Five plus

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thanks.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

Enjoyed the Story. Thanks for writing.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 2 years ago

"I love you, James. I always have."

...

It was Maddy's turn to sigh. "You know why. He was the first guy I ever loved. He was my first lover. We have a very special connection."

...

"Tom left. A couple months ago. I don't know where he is, but he said he's not coming back. Ever."

So, apparently this love she always had for James exists in spite of loving Tom first?

And about Tom, I notice she said "have a very special connection." Not "had"... Very telling that, eh...?

Sounds more like I always loved *Tom* but I love you enough to settle for you when I can't have him.

lbeachamlbeachamabout 2 years ago

Never love another person more than yourself. Only then can you be happy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

3 stars - It needed something more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Looks like Maddy needs to return to the streets. Don't let the door hit you on your way out,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow, after fucking Tom for so many years, Maddy has the audacity to come begging the ex because Tom dumped the skank!! Maddy is a user

Hiram325Hiram325almost 2 years ago

Nice tale, well told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Maddie: Tom was my 1st lover, & I've been fucking him whenever I could when he comes to town. But, honey, you're the only husband I want. I love you! I just love Tom also & want to have sex with him when I want. What a fucking bitch. She gave up a good man now she wants him back because lover boy left?

lbeachamlbeachamalmost 2 years ago

She'll jump from dick to dick until she's to old for most, Sad..........Good story though.

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 2 years ago

The storyline confuses me. The whole scenario depends on one fact i.e. Tom finds out he is committed to raising another man's child and can't accept it. He abandons Maddy who then tries to reconcile with her ex-husband.

Maddy shows up at James' home to tell him he has a son Jimmy. She claims that she was pregnant by him before the divorce was final.

They divorced because she was carrying on an ongoing affair with her former boyfriend, Tom. Further her first child, a daughter named Beth, was sired by Tom while she was married to James. A paternity test during the divorce uncovered this fact so James was off the hook for child support for Beth.

During the divorce, Maddy was living with Tom and setting up their soon to be home. They wed as soon as the divorce was final.

Maddy's intent during her visit to James is to convince him that she loves only him and to reconcile so he can be with his son and with Beth who he had raised for about 2 years thinking he was the father.

She further states that Tom has left her for parts unknown because he couldn't stand the idea of raising another man's son.

Putting this scenario together we conclude that at some point in time Tom suspected little Jimmy wasn't his son. Since he allowed his name to be placed on the birth certificate, it is probable that he didn't suspect anything until after the birth.

Maddy had no qualms about passing off Tom's daughter as actually James'. Why wouldn't she do the same to Tom with little Jimmy whether she knew the baby's real father or not?

So what would prompt Tom to have the test done?

To me the obvious answer is the baby's name, James. The name clearly indicates who the father might be and probably gave Tom the impetus to have the DNA test performed resulting in his departure.

Why would Maddy do such a dumb thing? The name would be insulting to Tom, provide a consent reminder that his new wife got pregnant by the man he was cuckolding and now he has accepting responsibility for the child's upbringing.

Had the child been named any other name, there probably wouldn't be a story to tell.

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So..... Rating 0, there is nothing!

dawg997dawg997over 1 year ago

Love this short story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice.

Ed

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Nice little short story. Great Writing, Great Story. I love a happy ending! 5 stars. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

While I'm generally not in favor of these short stories (too much left out in dialogue, history, etc.) or long 7-120 pg ones (OK, maybe not 120 pages; bear with the joke), this story's good on both ends. To the point, well constucted& written, & I'll be looking for more writings from this author. Well done! 4 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Maddy is stupid and self absorbed. Far too many women are precisely that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

3 stars for a Nice story, if James had forced Maddy to speak her peace outside i would have scored it 4 stars.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Honestly, way better than the others I have read. You kept it simple. That works. Add when its substance to advance the plot or character development. Repeating I love you followed by counter argument for pages does nothing but stagnate no matter how well written

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

This has a kind of real world vibe to it. Nicely done.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Letting her in the house was a mistake. Letting her repeat empty facetious words was a path to destruction. Not offering coffee or tea was a big plus. Stating that she needs to speak and go is a plus, so , otherwise a middling score…..

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Sorry I was brought up in the correct way, he's right to ask her in, he was right to keep her standing, he was right not to offer her a brew. He behaved impeccably throughout, so these who criticise his actions have had a poor upbringing 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Short, sweet and to the point. Isn't karma a bitch? and don't you just love a woman who, when lover boy absconds, realises that actually she does love hubby after all? Not!

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63over 1 year ago

Loved it. I would not trust a word she says. DNA will tell the tail.

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

The best revenge is a life well-lived. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

DNA, DNA, DNA!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I LOVE IT!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Clever little story.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 1 year ago

Nothing better than some delusional, cheating bitch get the shit end of the stick. He should have rubbed it in her face to a point of suffocation Also what's with Tom coming and poaching someones eases' wife then play the "high ground" card and spit. She sure can pickem' One better story line would have been that u started with the affair and cheating scenario...

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Again for a pretty close to perfect 750 word story.

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadabout 1 year ago

the guy was in the military, he could have went to prison for adultery. Good story, short and sweet, would have made a good whole story though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Short and sweet, well done

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What’s in the past, stays in the past. Short and sweet. Nice.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Rey emotional for me. Concise and poignant. 5 stars.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great understanding of the human condition.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd211 months ago

His ex is a pathetic and desperate scum of a person. Wouldn't give up her lover and only came back after he left her. Didn't even let him know he had a son. Throw her out with the garbage.

Nice job on the story.

OldGuy1946OldGuy194611 months ago

The story of course has been told many times in many ways but it was a treat to see not only a decent story but technically correct writing. Thanks for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nagyon tetszett,rövid,de velős volt...!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good read . Well written .

Wish it was longer but everything was said and done .

4 *

DK

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Only a matter of time till his new wife cheats. Once a cuck always a cuck.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

No one takes the fact that your ex is pregnant and having a child that lightly.

Also the dialogue is very forced.

And finally, the story is by no means finished.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

"You're the only husband I want." - Only because Tom is gone, and even I James IS the bio-dad, Tom was married to her at the time of the birth, so he's on the hook.

\

"If I'm the father to that boy then we'll work out with Maddy the best way to support him" - That might be the "right" thing to do, but if he and Maddy were still married and Tom was the bio-dad, James would be the legal father and be responsible for child support, so why shouldn't the same apply to Tom?

\

Where's the ending?

\

Beth's paternity apparently was revealed early enough to spare James child support (or is he paying it?) but if James paying support for Tom's son, why shouldn't the reverse be true?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Ah loved it mate! Maddy what a pathetic little excuse of a human being. Jumping from cock to another, claiming love just to seek a mealticket. She deserves to suffer in her misery alone.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Nobody told her that he's married? If she could follow him from his mum's house, it means they live in a same city/ town.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous