A Counter Attack

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What have you done?"

"Watch and learn." She took her phone, selected speaker, and placed a call. "Charles, I handed my resignation into HR on my way out. I will not be coming back. Oh, and by the way, I've moved out of the apartment that you have generously been paying the rent for the past three years. I left the keys on the coffee table, I won't need them again."

"What the fuck are you talking about? Look, I'll call Gloria and tell her I want a divorce."

"Too little, too late."

"Don't do this to me, I love you and can't live without you."

"You love the on-tap sex that I provide, but you've never had any intention of leaving Gloria."

"That's not true, believe me."

"Guess what? She's here with me now and she's heard everything that you've just said. Good-bye you miserable bastard." She placed a conference call. "Go for it, both of you."

"Who have you just called?" Dad asked.

"Gloria and Natalie. They are just about to call Charles and Jordan to break the news that they are filing for divorce and that their stuff is stacked in the driveway, the locks have been changed and, by the way, rain is forecast for this afternoon. I'd like to be a fly on the wall."

A fly on any wall of Pemberton and Associates, would have heard two voices screaming: 'You fucking bitch, I'll get you for this!'

"I have spoken to both wives and they have decided that the best legal representation will be provided by Burnley Legal, so expect a visit this afternoon. I have provided them with enough ammunition to ensure that they will be adequately funded for the rest of their lives. Both have known about the affairs but have not had the confidence to do anything about them, until now. Oh, and I have also contacted many of their valued clients, informing them that Pembertons have been grossly overcharging for their services, and recommending to them that Burnley Legal will provide a better service at a reduced cost. Expect an increase in business. You will probably need the services of an extremely competent secretary, can I start on Monday?"

"The can of worms has been opened and agitated most thoroughly," Dad commented.

"That's not all, I have provided information to the Law Society and the police that will result in an inquiry into their practises. They won't survive an investigation. The last that I heard was that Charles was trying to get Jordan to think seriously about a compensation arrangement. Jordan, being Jordan, doesn't like to lose and insists on calling in some heavies to convince you to back off. Don't do it."

"I'll look forward to our next encounter." Dad said. "It looks like he's going to lose again."

"What do you mean? "Courtney asked.

"When Charles and I were in law school, there was a girl that we both fancied. It turned out that she fancied me and not him, he does not take rejection well, and you telling him that your affair is over is going to hurt him more than what we're on about. This could be the end of Pembertons and Associates."

Have you ever seen those videos of skyscraper demolitions where the building implodes on itself? This is caused by the weakening of the core structure before carefully placed charges are detonated. It collapses quite spectacularly in on itself. Just as spectacular was the implosion that brought down Pembertons. The court date for the wrongful dismissal trial came and went without an appearance from either Pembertons or their legal representatives. Judgement was made in our favour, the judgement amount was to be decided after an investigation into their financial situation.

The investigation into the alleged sexual harassment by Jordan reached a decision that criminal charges should be brought against him.

Both wives have filed for divorce, and both have requested that the company and individual funds be frozen to prevent any funds disappearing. That did not go down well.

In the middle of all of this, Laurinda and I have begun house hunting. While all of this was happening, we sort of forgot about birth control, resulting in the news that we are going to become parents in the not too distant future. We had thought that our parents would not be pleased about this turn of events. We couldn't have been more wrong, although the suggestion of a wedding has appeared in the conversation. We're thinking about it.