All Comments on 'A Cup Of Coffee'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 178 Comments (Page 2)
muskyboymuskyboy6 months ago

Nice story, 5/5. I don't give many LW stories a 5, but I liked that he seemed to have recovered intact. Wish she had burned a little more, but that is just me. Thanks for this.

BSreaderBSreader6 months ago
Reed Richards

I still detest my ex after 43 years with my second wife. Stupidity runs Supreme todsy.

crazymike45crazymike456 months ago

Very good story. He got the decent revenge.

.

AmbulAmbul6 months ago

The fiancée changes things. Otherwise the narrator’s position is as much about himself and his pride as it is about his cheating wife. She screwed up big time, but his pride has pretty obviously obscured any sense of his wife’s humanity, despite what she did. No forgiveness? I guess the husband was perfect in every way. But after five years I can see him connecting with someone else, and the conversation with the ex-wife was certainly affected decisively by that fact. He could have told her that he was engaged instead of berating her for her actions when they were married. He is still bitter after five years, which is too bad. Good story nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A lot of these kinds of stories have the same problem, which is a basic storytelling rule: Show, don't tell. The second thing a lot of them share is 90% of them could be placed in the Non-Erotic category. Or maybe the BTB squad wanks themselves to guys getting the upper hand after divorce? That must be it.

RuttweilerRuttweiler6 months ago
Let me see if I understand the setup here...

He gets two cups of coffee that he knows will be lousy, while insulting the young barista he gets it from. Then, at the end, it turns out that the coffee shop is owned by his fiance, and he must have been there before, multiple times, and presumably knew the employee he insulted.

What?

No thought given to the place setting, the situation, what their lives are like outside this bubble of time? This is just lazy. This is what you get when an "author" cares only about writing one-sided diatribes where the hubby scores point after point. Wifey just gets beat down over and over by our brilliant hero, who is able to finally tell her after five years what he really thinks.

This is the REAL male fantasy that fills the brains of so many of the readers here. It isn't two women, or bondage, or water sports, etc.

It's "This is the conversation I wish I had had with my ex when we were splitting up. I wish I could have said something that hurt her as much as she hurt me."

So, like almost everyone that found themselves in a stressful situation, one that none of us are really prepared for, things were said that we had no good response for at the time. Later, we think about all the things we SHOULD have said. We imagine saying just the right thing to completely shut her down, something that she couldn't reply to. We dream of leaving her gasping, her mouth working like a fish on a boat deck, moving with no sound.

I understand that is what so many readers are looking for, to fight once more that final battle with the dreaded ex. And win this time.

I only wish the authors here could do a better job of setting up the story around this epic re-match, so those of us who care about the quality of the writing can spend less time face-palming.

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol6 months ago

Nice. Very nice. Thank you!

-

Be well!

DessertmanDessertman6 months ago

Good story.

My wife divorced me 50 years ago. It was her choice, not mine, but she is still bitter. I am mostly indifferent.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This story ended well. A no nonsense rejection of the ex without any long discussion. Now she understands that the book's final page has been read and the cover has been closed. 5 stars

JustplainjeffJustplainjeff6 months ago

Great story, Hooked. I have come to expect that from you. Just enough background how the new couple met. 5*.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Another story where the cheating wife is named Traci with an “i.”

26thNC26thNC6 months ago

Nicely told story about another wife who lost a good man by cheating. Nothing new in the plot, but you told it very well. Another *5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I like this cliche. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story! Only one minor detail that caught my attention. All Starbucks stores are owned by the corporation. A few like those in other stores like bookstore chains and department stores like Target have a partnership with the corporation. I looked into opening one at one time and was deeply disappointed that the didn't offer franchises.

dgfergiedgfergie6 months ago

Well done, short and sweet. I was a wimp with my cheating wife some 40 years ago. You know that Eagles song and they "a woman knows how to destroy a man's soul?" Yesh, well it's true. But guess what a 40 year old guy (me) at the time didn't have too many prospects for finding another woman but I did. We were so compatible it was crazy, she had four kids and wouldn't shack up with me so I married her. The kids are grown and they are still my kids. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I liked it! Traci is back!

I liked the humor in it! Snappy quips rock, and you did it well Hooked!

“ Mixed feelings about the story itself. Well written, but I do not understand husbands like that. Glad he found another, but am not impressed with husbands who act like that” -ic69hunter

Who cares what you are impressed with? You preach for cuckolding, cheating, all after saying you are a widower after having an unromantic marriage. Hooked’s characters, Hook can write as he likes. So do you, except you write about… that stuff you endorse.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good writing, but nothing new here. Another abrupt Hooked1957 ending. Three stars ⭐️ for this one.

davezqdavezq6 months ago

Friends dont serve friends Starbucks coffee.

SemperSolus0198SemperSolus01986 months ago

Another story about another gutter slut who thinks that she can avoid the consequences of her actions, much like a small child. It's really sad that society has fallen as far as it has.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode666 months ago

A very nice story,, enhanced by the reappearance of Ttaci. I've missed Traci as the cheating wife in your recent stories. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Now that's the Hooked57 I know and love!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

He claims he can stomach hearing her story because he is not at the indifference stage yet, just hate. And that can't be true. Cheaters insist on explaining in hope for forgiveness or at least some closure. The reason they need that is that, if you are not a psycho, festering guilt can really fuck you up mentally. So it's essentially a selfish act, purely done to have a beneficial outcome for them. And if you truly hate them you don't give them that. You let it fester and move on, knowing it will always be on the back of their minds. The dude let her talk because he still cared about her, same reason he didn't introduce his new woman. Too bad for her, she will soon realise her man is still stuck on his slut ex.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

First he says he was casually dating, not looking for a wife, then we find out he's engaged. Is he senile?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

@davezq...you have that one correct.

And Hooked you are 100% correct nothing new here, still thanks for string your words together for us all.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x6 months ago

@Ruttweller, yes, he's been there, and yes, he likely knows the barista, and I'm sure his distaste for the coffee is a running joke with them.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I wanted to hear Traci reaction when she found out about this. Also how does the child feel and why hasn’t she told her mother yet

Nice story with a happy ending and most possibly in real life but just still just a average story with no retribution

lerenardruselerenardruse5 months ago

An great prelude. I’m looking forward to the story. 😎

RimmerdalRimmerdal5 months ago

I liked it. A "Snap shot" of a post divorce former couple.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd25 months ago

The ex said all the right things that would have convinced me never to get back together with her.

Nice job!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill695 months ago

Good life story.

fritz51fritz515 months ago

That was a really good one. 5 *s

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Had it been me I would have let her get it all out then quietly told her that none it meant anything to me. That I was there as a courtesy and nothing more. I'd pause to see if she had anything more to see then told her, "The matter is concluded. Will have future conversations and walked out.

Apparently people think they can do evil and be entitled to an unlimited number of do overs.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

That was the perfect story to explain how things should be done post divorce. Don’t be in a hurry to meet with your ex. Give it time to get settled into your new reality. Do your best to get over the revenge scenarios that will pop into your head daily. When you are finally in the right mindset, allow the meet to occur but be sure to record it with your phone and do it in a public place…DO NOT ALLOW HER TO GET YOU SOMEPLACE ALONE AND QUIET! Get whatever you need to get past this and get the closure you require. Don’t get into a pissing match or a war of words but instead stay on point and remember that you are recording this so let her make all the mistakes, threats and accusations that she wants. If you realize that she only wanted to meet so she could berate you or attempt to blame you or even upset you enough that you do something stupid, smile…start laughing outrageously and loudly while you stand up and walk away without looking back. Go someplace safe and public to chill out and relax but DO NOT go home from your meeting as it may be a setup so take a break for a few hours to someplace you are known and have friends.

That’s about all I can advise you of right now but the main point you should have gleaned from this is that many times this is attempted before the divorce to set you up so do t be a pigeon and fall for it. It could also be for revenge after the divorce so again, do not be a sucker and drill it into your mind that this is a war and you never know who is a spy or a friend in a war. Good luck and be safe.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Traci is the name change Pauline made after her second divorce. ;>))

AlluredAllured5 months ago

awesome story !!!

orion2bear2orion2bear25 months ago

She seemed to think because there was no love and it was onlysex that it meant nothing

AllNigherAllNigher5 months ago

Fun. You fit alot in one page here.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A very good tale! Full Marks!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You & blackandI1958... I HAD to read this, & it lived up to my expectations. Actually, it slightly surpassed it with the story being 1 page.

She let the guy seduce her into having sex, & worse, doing it in the marital bed! The just sex shit doesn't hold water as there's not supposed to be "just sex" after marriage, & definitely not in the marital bed. The betrayal & disrespect shown is a prime reason for not getting together again.

5 stars Bob

SatyrDickSatyrDick5 months ago

[David Bowie Day 2024]

Top Tier!

11/10!!!!!

CurrentParameterCurrentParameter5 months ago

5 out of 5. great story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I was always curious, is the 1957 the year that you were born or your favorite year car? In my case it is both! I enjoyed your tale. Thank you also Randi.

somewhere east of Omaha

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades4 months ago

As an older gentleman, I really enjoyed this telling. Thanks for your writing.

shadrachtshadracht4 months ago

A good all around story. Nothing super new, but at the end, it left us with hope for those who didn't do wrong. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Second story I’ve read that has no “meat and potato’s.” I can only give it 3 stars and that’s for the attempt.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story. Good ending and happy the good guy ended up right. One final comment. ….. I feel your stories fit my definition of entertaining because they blend the right amount of background with a strong commitment to action after the infidelity

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Could have been an excellent story, fairly brilliant insight, it's hard to explain it from her side because the stupidity that comes from the selfishness is so hard to wrap our minds around. People are self-centered in general, but women at that point become focus on it from all the lousy crap in the magazines and Hollywood and everything else that's dumped on us. But the big downfall for the story was the lack of accountability on the scumbag predator. By not addressing it, you're basically condoning it, which is pretty pathetic for a writer to do. As an individual, and as a member of society, you need to take a stand against people like that, even in fiction.

No retribution, no justice.

No justice, no peace.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wow, good story, except for using the overpriced s-word Coffee Company that is such a horrible drain on our economy and our culture, and not likely to have a quality manager like you describe, because all these people are pretty much narcissists that work there and spend money there for overpriced flavored water.

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

You writers are truly amazing to be able to create these universes within your stories. I’m a skilled wood worker and as I work a piece I can move on from each cut knowing it will never change regardless of the next one. You writers on the other hand could totally upend what you have already written with a single misplaced sentence. Truly a wonderful talent

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thanks for the nice story!! 5 stars

kalash777kalash7774 months ago

I gave it 5 stars but t's a sad story. People do stupid things and ruin their lives and for what??? Still I liked this story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

OvercriticalOvercritical3 months ago

It didn't go as I expected. Probably because I'm a great believer in second chances. People in their second try are either habitual cheaters or so thankful for their reprieve that they become super loyal. Maybe I'm a sucker, but I root for the super loyal group. So I wasn't so thrilled with the about face our hero made after telling us that he was not into getting serious with another woman he is engaged and two months from the altar when he finally agrees to meet with Traci. I felt let down and resulted in a 3* rating.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

5 STARS

Everyone deserves second chances but how many times did Tracey CHEAT was it the once ?????? If yes a second chance is possible BUT NO it was many more times then that. I'm happy our hero is a REAL MAN that had the strength and integrity to divorce the cheat and fall in love with another women because MOST guys dont. They might divorce BUT they dont have the COURAGE to fall in love with another woman, this hero did both.

lAnatomistelAnatomiste3 months ago

Great story - but they're called "DAN Henry's"

:^)

oldtwitoldtwit3 months ago

I really like this, well thought out, just enough details to make it feel real.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not paying by credit card makes you “old” at a Starbucks, really ? Where are you from anyway? Where I am, and in every major city I’m in, paying SIth’s credit card makes you “old.” Ancient really. Most barristas expect you to just tap your phone. Huh?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It’s occurred to me more than once, that the authors of comments in LW stories would keep clinicians in a psych ward VERY busy, indeed.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief3 months ago

Nice short story that has a happy ending, except for Traci that is. I liked how he was still getting his revenge five years after the divorce. Ben should invite the ex to the wedding, just to rub it in a bit more. Four stars. Guess I quit bike riding too soon. This ending does bring a true story to mind, I had a close friend and we use to ride together. On one of our century rides we were following a young lady in spandex that was a pleasure to watch. Anyway long story short, my friend divorced his wife of many years and married the lady rider. You just never know do you?

FaceForRadioFaceForRadio3 months ago

Surprised that by now one of the kids hadn’t told Traci that dad was getting re-married!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Still well & truly Hooked. Five stars.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar3 months ago

Small things tend to get my attention from time to time. "Marital bed"...I've never in my 77 years uttered that description. "Hey, look at our new marital bed"..."We're headed up to our marital bed."..."How do ya'll like our new marital bed?"..., Nope never, but in just about every cheating wife story the "marital bed" must be invoked. It's a fucking rule or something. Oh, pretty good version. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story well told. BardnotBard

SouthdownSouthdown2 months ago

Hello, Great story well written and the comment by an author I personally enjoy and read often other(2other1) on your story prompts me to congratulate you on an excellent story, I loved it 5*****

redboat7redboat72 months ago

Great Story! Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Getting to live a good life is always the best response to being betrayed. Very good story. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

One page , everything is there .

Great read . Nicely written .

DK . 5 *

Thanks for posting and allowing comments .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I would not have bothered to meet with the ex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good

SchmoozerianSchmoozerianabout 1 month ago

FYI Starbucks doesn’t franchise.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

He wanted good coffee and got a salted caramel latte. Christ, no wonder Starbucks failed in Australia.

DessertmanDessertman23 days ago

I love your stories, particularly the short ones.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

It took me 10 years to get to a point where the X and I could be in the same room, and it got better from there. Main the ing is that one must WANT to get better, for the kids and grands.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

Poor Traci! But karma’s a bitch, as she learned. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

newford9bnewford9b5 days ago

I've got a daughter called Traci, and true to the name , she's a dizzy tizzy. When she was growing up, she'd jump from one guy to the next in the blink of an eye. Over the years she's settled down, even becoming a "Grandma" , so there's hope for all "Traci" 's of the world. An excellent 5 star little tale.

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

Juist a sad story to me. I feel the former wife. Too many lon years together to end it like that.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous