All Comments on 'A Cup Of Coffee'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 176 Comments
other2other1other2other15 months ago

I liked how it really ended on a fun note. Nicely done!

012Say012Say5 months ago

As always, well done,

Bronco56Bronco565 months ago

Another great albeit short story

5stars

BehindbluisBehindbluis5 months ago

Always a favorite. Thanks for the entertainment.

SyzyguySyzyguy5 months ago

A nice short story, it has the ring of reality about it (not all LW stories manage that, do they?) and ends on an upbeat note. Thank you for posting it.

stev2244stev22445 months ago

Well done. One-page stories are not easy to do, but this one worked. Short, but everything is covered with enough details and background. 5*

ReedRichardsReedRichards5 months ago

In a lot of ways, I really don’t understand it, but I guess that’s because I’ve not been cheated on. How do people hold on to hatred and bitterness for five years? Indifference I can understand.

Moonbat74Moonbat745 months ago

Short, sharp and sweet, good story.

And fuck Traci!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

Great little story! I agree with you about Starbuck's coffee. My step-grandson actually bought a used car for $10,000 with a debit card.

5

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago
Good story

Good story for one page.

@ Reed Richards, you say on a lot of stories you can't understand how people hold on to hate for so long, if you have been divorced you would know why. Try reading Forty Years of Silence, it might help you understand.

littleone35littleone355 months ago

Looking forward, she made her choice now live with it, he has a bright future.

MattblackUKMattblackUK5 months ago

Good to see Traci again and the post-affair story. 5*.

Karn9Karn95 months ago

Good story, BTB without the flames! 4*

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith5 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ another great tale!

Tootight1Tootight15 months ago

Sounded real. Thanks

Busman19639Busman196395 months ago

She got what she deserved.

RePhilRePhil5 months ago

You old softy you! Easy fit in the Romantic section. Thanks for publishing it here for us LW’s. 5&FAV as usual. Always a fan

Regguy69Regguy695 months ago

Nice slice of life for a guy who deserved more from his faithless, entitled, wife. Thanks for sharing, H57.

JH4FunJH4Fun5 months ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Great read. Thanks for the time you put into these. It was nice to see that total destruction of a person was no longer in the picture. Sometimes as in life moving forward just means not living in the past or with what ifs. A LWL with a good partner made it earn the Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating I gave it.

Looking forward to your future productions for our consumption. Your creations are pretty good.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

ibuguseribuguser5 months ago

A well done story.

Omart57Omart575 months ago

Nice story, H! Always good to see Traci! Lol! Thanks for posting!

rflikeslitrflikeslit5 months ago

Nice and so true about the coffee

lc69hunterlc69hunter5 months ago

Mixed feelings about the story itself. Well written, but I do not understand husbands like that. Glad he found another, but am not impressed with husbands who act like that

PostScriptorPostScriptor5 months ago

Josh - good story, and you are completely right about Starbucks coffee! LOL! I’m with you on your protagonist finding another women. There was a saying, supposedly Samoan, that went: ‘a new love soon cures the old.’ So with a new love in place, I would imagine that his ‘hatred’ would soon become indifference. Not to say that his ex would be likely to become a best friend ever.

Slick742Slick7425 months ago

Seems like she should have known about his Current love. They mentioned having kids. Still a very good read. Thanks. SK742

JRandyJJRandyJ5 months ago

Yea Genius, Quit watching her ass! 5 Stars. Starbuck coffee, YUCK!

LWLover60LWLover605 months ago

At least one reader can't understand why a husband would react this way. He obviously hasn't traveled this path. I have. Ignorance is bliss and I wish his ignorance in this regard never goes away.

linnearlinnear5 months ago

Nice story, I didn't know this was a follow-up. It was good enough that I don't feel that I need to bother reading the original, that says slot about how good of an author you are.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker5 months ago

Act like what, Ic69hunter?? The Gut got fucked, and he wasn't un the bed with them. 5 stars, the Bear liked it. It's nice when the person who was wronged gets a gift. And tell his kids to pull their heads out of their asses. Good story, friend.

The BEAR

ReedRichardsReedRichards5 months ago

Mr 61 wrote:

.

"@ Reed Richards, you say on a lot of stories you can't understand how people hold on to hate for so long, if you have been divorced you would know why. Try reading Forty Years of Silence, it might help you understand."

.

I saw, and read, that story, though it was about five days after publication. You concluded with:

.

"I doubt that we will ever speak again, I cannot forgive her for lying about why we split up and taking my kids without me getting a chance to say goodbye to them. Maybe some people could get over it, I am not one of those people."

.

Forty years is a long time to live with hate and rage, and though your story about Lucy taking off with the kids was a hard one, you also told us that you replaced your ex, and even 'replaced' the kids. But we destroyed Germany and even nuked Japan, and much, much less than forty years later, they were our friends and allies. Indifference I could understand, not pissing on her to put out the flames if she was on fire, even that I can chalk up to indifference. But hatred? I've been wronged by some people in the past; I'm too old to care about that stuff anymore. And yes, I've wronged some other people in the past -- I'm certainly no saint! -- and I don't know if anyone out there actively hates me, but at least no one has ever come after me.

6King6King5 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Started kinda slow with all the same old caught cheating loving wives shit, but it only takes a smidge to right the path of any story and make the whole thing work. Why so many don't.

KRD19254KRD192545 months ago

Nice guy even after the burn... There is no redux, as the quality of his trust will never return like the original.

\

He is so very lucky to find a new love, so many of us never do living a lonely life only to speed it up when you get the big C.

\

Interesting social imbalance to ponder; men give a faience` an engagement ring, impart, to wart off all to lay claim. But why do the straight men never where an engagement ring to wart off all female interlopers? Why is the social norm to allow men unbranded 'open for business' even when engaged? Are men more moral and trusting (hoe-hum) ?

\

Or is sizing/fitting a male nose ring that painful (haha)???

\

5.5***** Hooyah, Salutes....

waifwaif5 months ago

Let me preface this comment by saying I love a great Revenge tale. I also am a sucker for a great Romance story. With that said, I also realize that holding on to hatred can seriously warp any person. That is the real victim of the massive pain that infidelity inflicts on people. Trust is difficult for everyone, and we all suffer when ours is damaged.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

Great story. Loved his fiancée was there listening in. 4.7*

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamer5 months ago

Just a note to provide KRD19254 an answser. It could have to do with the danger rings present to men who work with their hands. More than one has had the meat stripped from his finger and in my line of work a ring presents such an electric shock danger we were not allowed to wear them on the job. Rather than removing and replacing the ring with each shift it made more sense to simply stop wearing it and not fuck around on my wife. She completely agreed after reading of a guy who forgot to remove his at the beginning of the shift. They buried him a few days later.

Oh yeah--5 stars.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderher5 months ago
Good story

Short but a very decent story which this site has been in need of for several months.

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months ago

5*****! I liked that a lot! It takes a very long time to get over betrayal. If he can become "friendly" with his ex to the point he doesn't want to bash her in the mouth, that's a plus. Now he's found happiness and he'll be happier if he can let the past be in the past. Good man with a happy ending. Thanks for sharing that.

laptopwriterlaptopwriter5 months ago

Great story telling. I really liked that he didn't go into a long, drawn-out history of how they met. It was just enough. 5 stars from me.

CagivagurlCagivagurl5 months ago

Tight story. Good dialogue.

Liked it.

5 stars

Cagivagurl

Diecast1Diecast15 months ago

Loved the story. AAAAAA++++++

TnicollTnicoll5 months ago

I’ve missed Traci. Good to see her back Hooked!

PierremanvisPierremanvis5 months ago

A fine read indeed

l0ver0tical0ver0tica5 months ago

Yup, liked this one. Especially the little twist at the end...

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Kind of dishonest: "You're alone. I'm alone. The kids are pissed at both of us. Why can't we try again?"

\

He met his current fiance' Two Years ago, and his children don't know of her, never met her, and have given his ex wife reason to believe they are pissed at their father for kicking out a selfish arrogant cheating whore? It reads like you wanted to setup the readers, but all you did was make the story look stupid, like you haven't read it yourself. So in two months he gets remarried and the ex wife is going to feel completely blind sided, deceived, by her own children. Or is the family relationship that shallow, that tepid, that distant? No wonder the wife was seduced by a man who found her charming, interesting, and engaging. And the stupid cuck couldn't tell his wife and marriage had changed, after a year of disrespect, betrayal, and contempt? Deaf dumb and blind husbands deserve to get fucked over. A good looking woman who loves to fuck, with no morals, ethics, or commitments, and she's lonely and despondent? Complete bull shit. But thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Very good story. 5⭐.

From a certain age, cycling should be very strongly recommended. It allows physical activity while protecting the joints.

Plus non negligible effect if you've ever tried it, is the change in mentality and efforts for weight loss and better quality nutrition.

And yes, not everything is like in Lit, where everyone is beautiful and in super shape.

In reality, at least 50% of mature people (over 40) are overweight or obese.

SwordWielderSwordWielder5 months ago

Great short story. Traci (and what most cheaters discover too late) is that there is more to a relationship than sex, and not only did she throw that away, but chances are she will never experience it again.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Traci is back!

Hey, fun aside, good story, short, yet complete.

Well done

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The moment I read that her name was Traci I knew she was evil and it would not end well for her loool

L.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Given that my own ex has a level of delusion greater than Traci's, I had no problem with believably.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It was tasteless of him to meet his ex-wife in his fiancé's coffee shop without informing the ex beforehand that he is a good friend of the proprietor. The fiancé being an unacknowledged voyeur of the former spouses' conversation was creepy and needlessly disrespectful. It would have been far more ethical and decent for him to simply express a dislike for Starbucks and suggest an alternative spot for their long postponed conversation. The negative karma associated with treating the ex shabbily will be a self imposed hindrance on the newlyweds as they begin their life as a married couple.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

-1 star for "The kids are pissed at both of us". Of course, because they both did equally wrong thing.... oh right NO one of them did. So the kids are selfish, entitled shitface brats. I'm sincerely hoping he leaves all his assets in his will into a trust for GRANDKIDS, and makes it a condition of who loves grandma the least. But still 4 stars for a neat BRILW.

RubiconXRubiconX5 months ago

Very well-written, with an economy of prose, succinctly drawn characterization, a clear and focused story line, and a sense of wit that made this a really fine read. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Maybe all married women who think about a little extramarital fun should ask themselves what will I do if he finds out and can't forgive me? 5 stars.

PowersworderPowersworder5 months ago

@ReedRichards

Betrayal hurts much worse the closer you are (or thought you were) to a person. I've not been cheated on either, but I have been backstabbed by two former close friends.

It's 30 years now since it happened, but I'd still have a big smile on my face if I found out anything really nasty happened to either of them.

PowersworderPowersworder5 months ago

I normally dislike short stories, but you managed to pack a heck of a lot into a small word count. This was surprisingly engaging (excuse the pun) and I'm glad the husband got a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Blunt and direct resolution -- excellent

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Yup. EVERYTHING the author said.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Where is the loving wife? Maybe a future one but definitely a past cheating one. Since the 1990's without a credit card many people struggle dealing with cash especially a 50 cents piece or silver dollar.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It's true there are a lot of opportunities out in the bars for an older guy who looks decent and has the appearance of having a little money. LOL

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut5 months ago

What a lovely, heart-warming story.

Alas, my belief in karma is slightly less than in the flying spaghetti monster.

Good things appear to happen to shite people.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I like it. No need for any extra fluff.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

His wife was a cake eater. That's the real reason. They chase the high of feeling good rather than being good. But it's a drug that hurts others and yourself. And it seems like she's not learned that lesson yet. Even if he wanted to taker her back, she's not ready. She needs to stop being a cake eater. Even now, she talks about her feelings only. How she feels lonely and bad. How she wishes she was never exposed because the feelings all changed. That's not growth. Not really.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This is your attempt? Which one, number 129? I’m sure the next time you rewrite your one story, you’ll finally be satisfied. Definitely.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Five Stars nothing more need be said.

JPB

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer5 months ago

Very simple and realistic. Many thanks for a nice story. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Why wouldn't he just tell her? I hate game playing and this guy was doing just that. Seems like he put his ego before honesty.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nicely done! I rarely give 5 stars. I thought the end where Sandy wasn't hurt because of a cheating husband, but lost a good man due to cancer. She saw that Ben was a good man, because of her past. Ben's ex got the karma she deserved and it was nice to see Ben not destroy her.

MightyHornyMightyHorny5 months ago

Traci is back at it again...

Gotta move on. Live's too short to cry about the bad things people who should had your back did to you.

Thanks for the share, author.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

She still didn't understand.

Thanks for what you do.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Divorced at 35 got my son and daughter in the divorce because her and Ahole went to prison for possession and sale of cocaine.(that's how I found out) Remarried at 52 to a woman a year older than me. Now 63 with 5 grandkids and life is good.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

@ Reed Richards.

On your lack of understanding of the effects of betrayal.

First of all, let's postulate that everyone is different and will react differently to such an event.

But being betrayed means being betrayed by the person or persons you hold most dear, by the people closest to you.

Those among whom you have entrusted your secrets, your most personal details, the things that make you the being you are, with your doubts, your insecurities, your vulnerabilities......

It's as if you're all out in the open, exposed and unprotected.

Imagine Lois Lane having fun declaiming the effect of Kryptonite on Superman.

And in a couple, there's the added dimension of sex and intimacy....

Personally, I was betrayed twice as a teenager by friends and family.

And so no there was no sex involved.

But being young, it partly shaped who I became.

And it's years later that I realize that certain changes in behavior or attitude stem from these events.

Personally, I find that this is what's missing in 90% of stories. The evolution or change of betrayed people who suddenly become harder, more distant, more reserved, more uncompromising, more secretive, kinder but also meaner...

and you're totally inflexible about the words you've spoken, the promises you've made, the commitments you've undertaken, whether by yourself or others.

But whatever changes it makes in you, has it been for the better or for the worse, that.......... You'll never know.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The story makes total sense only in the context of him having already moved on with another love —- otherwise up until readers find that out, a little sympathy for the slut and a little anger for the MC start to peek out.

.

Traci regrets the consequences….but not really the adultery. Ben was wounded about as bad as it gets, and it took years AND a new love to rescue him. One quibble: they had kids and she claimed they were mad at BOTH of them. Was that true?

.

5 *****

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban5 months ago

Excellent work as always! Thank you! BRB

Frank66Frank665 months ago

A 52 mile bike ride for a rookie rider and no mention of a sore butt? Yep, this is fiction, alright.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well written story,short but it brought out a few naysayers, so regardless of how intersting a story is there are always those who will have a different opinion. Thanks for the read

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

5 stars - for a believeable story about a mature man's journey - somewhat close to what I am near the end of right now. Although, I would not have touched either of them, even if I caught them in the act like that. Too many years in the military, to let my anger get that far out of control - bad things happen when you do that - cold, calculating and extremely vengeful would be my go to response.

YES, I only drink TIMMIES coffee and mostly decaf for the last few years.

I like this story and hope you continue writing.

Have a nice day.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

My Ex didn't cheat so far as I know, just decided she was unhappy. After 20 years. After 4 kids.

She punished me for a year for her being unhappy with me paying all the bills and living in a crappy apartment. At the 18 month point I gave her a ultimatum to either move to reconcile or divorce. The couldn't decide so I decided for her. I remarried within the year. There was a lot of demand for a 45 year old in shape lawyer, despite having 4 kids. 20 years after the divorce she is still single and looking. Despite being out more than a million dollars I think I won.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Never understood the desire for others to drink starbuck coffee. It is way, way to hot. It is way to strong and it is bitter. I grind and brew a number of coffee blends beans from round the world and have been told by a significant large group (in access of 100 individuals) that i brew for that my coffee is way better than starbucks. To top that all off they overcharge for coffee that is unacceptable. And no one has a burnt mouth.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Same old, same old. But, at least Traci’s back. I’ve missed the old cheating slut!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

@lc69hunter: " I do not understand husbands like that." Husbands like what? Husbands who are not cucks?

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine5 months ago

I’m going against the trend. I’m going to stick up for Starbucks. Not sure about their black coffee, but I usually but a mocha. Cinnamon dulche latte is also good.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It boggles my mind. That folks don't understand that when you burn/nuke a bridge. That it normally stays burnt.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I loved it as I always do with H57. One thing that struck me was the inclusion of the meddling grown up offspring. This feature is endemic throughout LW and needs addressing. It's none of their damn business if their parents choose to divorce or even if only one parent does. No one should ever try to dictate someone else's emotions. I even read one where the wronged husband elected to stay with his cheating wife even though her conduct was unacceptable to him for fear of falling out with his son! My son would no sooner poke his nose into the relationship between his mother and me than I would do so to him and his wife and that's just the way it should be. Butt out, kids!

RanDog025RanDog0255 months ago

5 BIG ASS FUCKING STARS.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thankyou. So very true.

GardenshedGardenshed5 months ago

An enjoyable story, looks like Ben took the high road. I loved the line “ Hey, genius, stop watching my ass and get up here so we can talk like adults while we ride," she demanded.” LOL…….

Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

How about the biggest and hottest cup of, yeah even Starbucks, coffee dumped in Edward‘s lap. Oooh how beautiful and celestial would his screams sound.

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great story. 5 stars.

To Ic69hunter. What a dumbass cuckold sloppy seconds eater you are. Of course you don't understand you stupid psycho. We are talking about normal humans here. With normal human emotions and self respect and expectations. In normal human and healthy relationships. Where promises and fidelity mean something to people.

That's what you don't understand. Because you are not a normal human being. You LIKE it when another man fucks your wife. You have no problem getting sloppy seconds. You are happy to go down on your wife after she's had a creampie from some other random. Cheating? It ain't cheating if you just give your wife blanket permission to shove any dick into her hole, right? You are totally abnormal and so therefore you will never understand. I'd advise you to seek help, but we all know you are beyond that.

And RR...for a smart man...you are kind of dumb aren't you? A spouse selfishly and stupidly ruins another spouse's life. Destroys their love and trust and self respect. Their entire future planned out. Their kids. Future grandkids. Plans for retirement and travel. All gone. All because she has a year long affair for no good reason. She admits it! Literally blows up their life through her cheating and lies. And you wonder how he could still be repulsed by her 5 years after the fact? She's a detestable character of a person. That's real life. That's normal human reaction. Captured here. He's just lucky as a character that he's found it again at his age.

Great story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nice story one criticism - 57 is not old!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What Don't you like lc69hunter ? The fact that he acts like a man and not a sniveling pussy cuck

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

"Couldn't you have picked some place that knows how to brew a good cup of coffee?" - He's doing her a favor by meeting, why doesn't he pick the place?

\

"I just want to finally... get some closure." - Who the fuck cares about her "closure?"

\

"but sometimes we women want to be validated by... other people" - 99% of the time they're not "validating" you, they're just telling you what you want to hear to get into your pants.

\

"it really was just sex" - I read a story a while back where the wife DIDN'T have sex, and tried to excuse her affair by saying they didn't have sex, the "important one." So they want it both ways: If they didn't have sex, it's okay because they didn't do the important one, but if they did, it's okay because it was "just sex."

\

"It would have run its course and you wouldn't have been any the wiser if it wasn't for the block busybody." - That doesn't address his point about her "fun" trumping their vows.

\

"She gasped, and for the first time I felt bad about insulting her." - I wouldn't have.

\

@ReedRichards, I didn't see him holding on to bitterness. He didn't even throw his new romance in her face!

\

@linnear, follow-up? I do seem to remember a story with the furniture and the signs, but what was the story?

Tomh1966Tomh19665 months ago

I liked it! Then again, I like most of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

3. Why are the kids pissed at BOTH of them? The slut cheated for a year and got what she deserved. He should have done more physical damage to them both though. And the whole women going after 50ish guys like crazy is BS unless you live in The Villages in Fla. Finally if she’s so hot looking, she’d have plenty of guys after her. 3.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Traci Returns! Not exactly Traci Triumphant, but She's Baaaaaack!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous