All Comments on 'A Date in Gettysburg'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
BruceWoBruceWoabout 3 years ago

Looking forward to chapter two

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

Another good one! Maybe warrants a follow up.

5

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 3 years ago

Sweet bit of Romance Lite. Actually it feels like a prologue - an introduction of characters with a hint of plot and subplots. Tantalizing. I hope there’s more. Thanks much.

trigudistrigudisabout 3 years agoAuthor
Follow Up

Thanks all for reading and commenting.

A follow up is what I had in mind during the writing. As with all stories - as with the game of chess per my mention of it in the story - there's multiple paths to take, a dizzying array of possible plots and sub-plots that I look forward to working. Which one fits best is the question. Stay tuned.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Nice beginning

Enjoyed the story set-up and look forward to more. I used to cruise that stretch of route 30 between Gettysburg and York all the time in search of antiques. Ate at the Dobbin House, too. A 5 for a nice beginning.

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiterabout 3 years ago
No politics

Not Trump. Not Biden. No politics.

burningloveburningloveabout 3 years ago

This story is a good start. Needs a good end. Please write one.

Burninglove

(Some of your other stories are classics. Thanks for those !

oldsage_1oldsage_1about 3 years ago

Neat startup Chapter. Always interesting to read about a place with which you are familiar. Been to the battlefield several times and Little Roundtop and Devils Den are a couple of my favorites. Neat setting for a first date especially with someone interested in history.

This is my first taste of your writing and very impressed. Well written, smooth flow, realistic meaningful dialogue, well done! Definitely done a bit of writing and it shows.

Looking forward to the next chapter and maybe more after that. Let the story take you where it wants to go and where/when it's time to end.

5 stars for a good start for what could be a wonderful series if you want to pursue.

On to the sequel already published.

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Minor error- I think you meant *Cemetery Ridge*. Pickett’s Charge began on Seminary Ridge and advanced towards a clump of trees near the angle of the Union lines on Cemetery Ridge.

Other than that, nice writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The mention of trump didn’t sour only Sarah’s mood. Keep politics out of an otherwise great story.

trigudistrigudisover 1 year agoAuthor

An anonymous poster said politics can ruin a good story. A character's political beliefs tells something about that character. Writers don't necessarily have a political agenda just because one of their characters expresses his or view political view or who said character voted for. The poster said that because I mentioned that one of the main characters voted for Trump, it ruined the story for him/her.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...