A Day at the Dentist

Story Info
A young woman goes to the dentist and learns about herself.
4.3k words
3.69
13.5k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A Day at the Dentist

---

NOTE: The following story is my first attempt at anything remotely erotic. This was written by request and is based on a small amount of information. As such, it likely does not truly represent the experiences of the individual that requested it. Regardless, I wish to share it.

Also, the ending feels too abrupt. I think I got tired near the end, so I kind of wanted it to be over. I can always fix this later.

---

As human beings in times of both great distress and great excitement, we become entangled in a web of attractive and repulsive forces that seem out of our control. We note that a stranger has an alluring quality to them and, following these feelings, we allow ourselves to learn more about someone else and about ourselves. What better way to learn about the world than through the electric sensations brought about by a chance encounter?

On a calm morning, as the last leaves of autumn began to slowly drift down to make way for the chilling embrace of winter, a young woman sat by a window, her hands clasping a freshly brewed cup of tea. The world around her was changing at its own pace, and, in the reflection, a confused visage stared back at her. Its eyes were full of wonder for the world, but its heart held a deep-seated coldness. Like the world outside her window, she was somewhere in between states of being. Part of her wanted to continue watching the leaves outside, but another part of her continued to notice that reflection staring back at her. In the midst of this introspection, her phone reminded her that she had a dentist appointment in a couple of hours. Quickly finishing the rest of her tea, a sharp pain hit her mouth.

There were no reflections in her shower, aside from a distorted one on her shower handle. A flat white set of tiles and a flowery plastic shower sheet filled her field of vision. Part of her felt safer in here, and this part of her urged her to stay inside:

"Don't go to the appointment," it called out, "stay in the warm water! It's more comfortable here!"

She ignored this and continued to shower. The warm water rushed over her body, stealing the thoughts away into the drain below. A scent of vanilla, lavender and a slight touch of both eucalyptus and menthol filled the steamy air. The water flowing around her feet felt like ocean waves begging her to stay home. It was as if the world outside the window was no longer real, and all the problems of the world were erased by the simple act of cleaning oneself. Eventually the water was turned off and, with the sounds of water dripping filling the room, she dried herself off and donned a bathrobe and a towel for her hair.

Her plan was simple: minimize the time spent brushing her teeth until about 2 weeks before her dental visit. Since the appointment was that day, she was already brushing and flossing for a second time, and it wasn't even the afternoon yet. The slightly burning minty sensation spread through her mouth, a sensation she enjoyed. Looking in the mirror, she saw a clearer reflection than before: the feeling of being "in between" was replaced by a deeper sense of a lack of meaning, and her light blue eyes gave it all away: on some deeper level, this woman was alone. She had friends, more than most people, but she didn't really feel alive with any of them. She recalled going to social functions and saying all the right words at the right time, occasionally ending up with her spending the night with someone; yet she felt that there was more to life than this. Was she missing something? She pondered this, and then spit out the toothpaste and rinsed. These unwelcome thoughts had a bit of trouble going down the drain this time.

She walked to her bedroom and stared in her closet. It was chilly that day, so the new coat was certainly a necessity. It was a long, tan coat with a lot of extra pockets (making up for the severe lack of pockets on all of her pants). Grabbing items that best matched this, she placed them on her bed and disrobed. The soft texture of the cotton ran down her skin, exposing it to the slightly humid, yet sharply cold, air in her room. She again thought about simply skipping the appointment, sat on her bed and fell backwards, her feet still planted firmly on the ground. Turning her head to her nightstand, she spotted her "special drawer" with a couple toys inside hidden behind some socks. A puzzled look appeared on her face as she questioned why they were hidden; after all, no one lived with her. She wondered if anyone would ever want to. As if to ignore the thought, she quickly sat up and began to get dressed so she could head to the appointment.

The trip was not too bad. The traffic was minimal, and the weather was clear, so she managed to get to the dentist's office early. Entering the building, the telltale signs of dentistry were clear: out of date magazines, a "Make sure to floss!" poster, various photos of people smiling, and even a television tuned to a public broadcasting network. Of course, the sound was off. The receptionist was kind enough to give a working pen with the paperwork, but he seemed to be preoccupied when it came to a simple question about the lack of a clipboard. The woman, ever so slightly annoyed, walked to a seat and began to fill in the paper with a bunch of insurance and medical history drivel. Once it was filled in, she approached the receptionist and gave him the paperwork. For a brief moment, she spotted someone new walking in the back. It was a tall man, with curly black hair and broad shoulders. He was in a slight rush, so she couldn't see much of him, but she knew that this man was not there during her last visit. Returning to her seat, she let her mind wander.

It felt a little silly to her that a mere glimpse of someone could distract her mind-- on the other hand, the man was incredibly attractive. Many thoughts began to appear:

"What if this man is my new dentist? My last one did mention retiring soon, so it could be possible. What would that feel like? Having an attractive dentist is new to me. Would it be uncomfortable? Wouldn't he be inside of my mouth--" She closed her eyes and tried to quell her mind with more realistic thoughts.

"It was a glance. I know nothing about this person. What if he's an awful person? What if he's the type of dentist that likes making his patients miserable? Even if he is my dentist, the relationship has to remain professional." she thought to herself.

Feeling flustered, she opened up her phone and started browsing the internet. Funny images usually made for good distractions, and this time was no different. It was so effective, that the receptionist had to call her name out a few times to get her attention. Slightly embarrassed, she was escorted to the correct room and was told to wait for the hygienist to arrive. As she walked back, a familiar sensation of eagerness bloomed in her chest as she imagined that dentist. In the slightly confusing set of hallways, she spotted other patients in their rooms, all of which inexplicably lacked doors. Eventually, they arrived at their destination. The young woman removed her coat and placed it neatly on a small table on the other side of the room next to a small window, sat in the big chair and waited patiently.

A fluorescent light buzzed above and covered the room in a blanket of eye-searing artificiality. Outside of the window was a small tree, similar to the one outside her own window. It too had almost lost all of its leaves, but this window lacked a reflection to stare back at the woman. A more pressing observation, however, was the fact that her phone was still in her coat pocket. In an effort to distract herself from her surroundings, she began to sit up to grab it when the hygienist arrived. She was a stout woman dressed in a blue gown with the logo of the dentist office embroidered on it. A mask and a plastic face shield covered her head, and her brown eyes peered through as she spoke:

"Hello! Let me pull up your files so I can see what we have scheduled for you today." The hygienist grabbed one of two office chairs and sat down in front of an ancient looking computer. After clicking and typing for a minute or so, the sound of a chair rolling filled the room. "Alright," the hygienist began, "it looks like you're just due for a cleaning and a checkup. You have a few areas we need to make sure haven't developed into cavities, and so we'll need to..."

The young woman was nodding along, but her thoughts were still on that phone. She never liked going to the dentist, but she has found that holding onto her phone (even if she can't use it or see it) helped comfort her as if it were some metal and glass teddy bear. If she couldn't control what the dentist did, at least she could control how tightly she held the phone. The vague feeling of eagerness that rose within her chest earlier was now replaced with the familiar sensation of dread-- this would not be fun.

The hygienist eventually finished her spiel and rolled over beside the woman's chair. A button was pressed, and the chair rose into the air slightly and folded backwards until the woman was lying flat, giving her a view of the open doorway. The lights were turned on and the cleaning began. She felt metal picks scraping her teeth and the floss hitting her gums too hard. It was very unpleasant, and the hygienist picked up on it, but responded in an unexpectedly rude way:

"It doesn't hurt that bad, quit squirming so much. This would be easier if you'd take better care of your teeth."

She wanted to close her eyes and wait for it to be over, but a fear of being judged stopped this from taking place. With a frozen body and a frantically beating heart, the given instructions were followed. After a while, the cleaning was over, and the hygienist informed her that the dentist would arrive soon. The woman simply nodded. Her mouth was slightly sore, but it did feel clean. She was running her tongue over her now much smoother teeth, when she heard a set of footsteps approach. Looking into the doorway, she couldn't believe what walked in.

Up close and, due to her position on the chair, upside-down, the dentist's frame towered above her. He wore the same blue gown as the hygienist, but his was draped around a rippling physique. Sadly, his face was mostly hidden behind the same face protection as well. His thick, brown, curly hair was the type you could imagine running your fingers through for hours while you watch TV together. His arms and legs, while covered in fabric, had muscles that one would associate more with a professional athlete as opposed to a dentist. A pair of statuesque shoulders connected his arms to his body, and it took a lot for the woman to dispel the thoughts of seeing if she could manage to wrap her hands around one of them. A tingly sensation arose within her as she let her mind wander for these brief seconds, imagining the two of them sitting by her window, hand in hand, filled with nothing but certainty about their future together. She thought to herself,

"A girl can dream, can't she?" His voice matched the body from which it was spoken, filling the room with an intense sensation of sexiness and security,

"...and how are you doing today, Miss? I see that you're ready for an examination, so let's begin!"

The chair let out a soft sigh as the dentist sat down. As he was adjusting the light fixture, her eyes roamed around his chest. She imagined herself reaching out and running her hands under the fabric of his gown, only to see his shocked face as he realizes what type of patient he has. Her chest loosened, as being around this man seemed to offer her a respite from the unpredictable world around her. Her breathing steadily increased, and her face and ears became flushed as her heart began to catch up to her brain. As her mind continued to drift, the dentist looked at her with a furrowed brow and gently asked,

"Are you ok?"

They were simple words, but it still took the woman a few seconds to reply,

"Y-yes, I'm fine. I, uh... I just get a little on edge at the dentist. All the drills and needles... they aren't exactly the most uplifting things, you know? It's pretty unnerving to be here."

You could the smile in his eyes as he replied,

"Oh! That's normal. Who wouldn't be a little on edge here? Plus, and don't say you heard this from me," he leaned in close and slightly whispered, "some of the people here are a bit too rude to our patients." He pulled away and crossed his arms. His forearms bulged as he did this, as if they were begging to be felt by the nearest person. "Do you have any complaints? Any toothaches, general pain, anything of that nature?"

She found herself struggling to form an answer. She inhaled to calm her heart and without really thinking, replied,

"I don't think so. I've been trying to keep my teeth clean lately, but if I'm being honest, I'm usually not too careful about it."

"Oh, well with that in mind, I'll go ahead and take a look. Open up your mouth and let's see what we're working with."

The woman complied. The room's atmosphere changed as the gaze of this man fell on the face of his patient. Her hands tightened into fists, ready for whatever is coming next. Brandishing a pair of nylon gloves, the dentist suddenly exuded a sense of professionalism that was missing earlier. His face radiated with scrutiny in a way that could only be taught in a medical school, he leaned closer to the woman's face and began to poke and prod his way around her mouth with his fingers. Her hands relaxed, but her heart did the opposite. Her mind began to drift into a sea of naughty ideas.

"He's inside of my mouth. What if I lightly bit his finger, would he know it was a joke? Would he like it? What if I wrapped my lips around it? Would I like it? Would we both like it? I bet he has plenty of patients that feel this way... I mean, look at him!" She opened her eyes and stared. His arms filled the majority of her view, but she definitely didn't mind that. The air around them filled with a distinct aroma of flowers and a slightly woody, earthy smell.

"I wish we had a door to this room, I feel like someone is going to walk in. Wait... so what? Just because he's turning me on doesn't mean other people can tell. Can they? Can he tell? Do I want him to know? What if I just told him that I want to--" her train of thought was interrupted as the dentist somewhat excitedly announced,

"Ah, yup. One of the areas that we were watching has a small cavity. We'll have to fill this in." He rolled over to the computer as sounds of a keyboard and mouse filled the room.

The young woman sat up slightly to adjust herself. She looked around to see if anyone was watching and, with her eyes closed, she drew in a sharp breath. Slowly, she ran her hands up from her hips. As she did this, she imagined that it was the dentist's strong hands touching her instead. Various scenes popped up in her mind as her hands journeyed up her readied body. At her large hips, it was the two of them sitting at a dinner table, discussing what they'd like to eat for their first date. Further up on her soft and warm stomach, it was the dentist taking his shirt off in front of her and asking for her to come closer. As she felt the edge of her bra through her shirt, it got more intense. The scene turned into the two of them lying next to each other in a dimly lit bedroom, the woman herself taking off her top in front of him. Once at her breasts, she lightly squeezed them and imagined the dentist on top of her, his hands pressing into her bare chest as the two of them kissed. She let her arms fall down and she loudly exhaled, causing the dentist to turn around.

"Oh, don't worry, the procedure won't hurt. I know you mentioned needles being a stressor earlier, but you'll barely feel a thing. Once you're numbed, then the procedure becomes truly painless."

With a beet red face, she quickly nodded and mumbled in agreement. The dentist turned back around, and the woman asked a peculiar question:

"Do you work out?" She mentally kicked herself for saying this.

He turned his head and had a puzzled look in his eyes, and a very slight smile could be seen in his face hiding behind his mask. "Uh... yeah! I mostly swim, but I do go to the gym pretty often. I was on my college's swim team, and I kept up the habit. Now I do a lot of open water swimming."

"Oh..." the woman trailed off, imagining what this man could have possibly looked like back in college. She wondered how many other people got to see him, and if any of them saw him naked. "What was that about a cavity?"

"It's on your second molar. Have you noticed any pain on the upper right side of your mouth? Hot and cold foods would probably be the things that cause it for you."

Remembering her tea from this morning, she turned away slightly and said,

"I have noticed some pain, actually." Typically, this response is avoided. By announcing her pain to her last dentist, the result was usually an even more painful procedure. They said they used as much lidocaine as they could, but she doubted it. The room was silent for a moment. With the type of sincerity, one would expect from a caring parent or a trusted friend, the dentist asked,

"Is there anything I could do to help the procedure go along more easily?"

Her eyes quickly darted to the coat by the window as she thought about asking for her phone, but something else came out of her mouth instead:

"Could you hold my hand during it?"

Crossing his bustling arms again, he tilted his head slightly and explained,

"I don't think that would work. I need both hands for the procedure, one will hold the needle and the other will help the needle go in more easily. I bet we have a stress ball somewhere if you'd prefer that."

With a disappointed look and a small exhale, she replied "...Sure, that would work."

The chair sprung up as the dentist stood up, threw his gloves away and left the room. The movable light fixture hung above, shine light directly onto her mouth. The familiar chirping of a bird entered the room, and she sat up. Perched on the small tree outside the window was a grey-brown finch. The tangled web of naked branches around it seemed to not worry the bird as it hopped around. The woman smiled and fell back onto her chair. She ran her fingers through her slightly messy hair, took in a breath and closed her eyes. Her cheeks began to glow as her mind conjured up scenes between the dentist and herself. His familiar footsteps returned, and she looked at him in the doorway.

"So, we have this," he began as he held up a small red ball, "and it should help you stay grounded. Just squeeze it as much as you want, it can take it." He stretched his arm out and offered it. The woman reached out and grabbed it, when the dentists other hand lovingly held her own. Her heart sped up as a warmth rushed throughout her body. The sound of her breathing was all she could focus on for a moment, until the dentist spoke,

"You'll be ok. We'll be done soon, so don't worry."

The woman's hand grew hot as the dentist's soft and warm hands enveloped hers. The reassuring words of the dentist pierced through the fortress of the woman's mind and into her heart as his kind gaze saw her as a genuine human being in pain. She couldn't help but let out a little sigh right before she took the ball. With a stomach swarming with butterflies, the young woman held the ball in her right hand.

The snapping of a fresh pair of gloves followed by the pitter patter of the dentist getting the area ready was all but ignored by the woman. His hands were so gentle, something she never expected out of a dentist. The feeling of the soft, foam ball yielding to her grip reminded her of his hand, an experience she wished to remember for a long time. She thought to herself,

12