All Comments on 'A Discouraging Word'

by SouthernCrossfire

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Another great one!

5

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4uover 1 year ago

You have a great balance in your story, couple of minor mishaps with names but all good for 5 stars

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956over 1 year ago

Excellent story. I was pulling for her not to make the same mistake Uncle Horace once did. I think we all made that same mistake at some point in our life, letting that “one” get away. Can’t wait for the next episode. Keep up the great work. Worthy of more than 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

wonderful tale, you care about the characters and want them to succeed, i really enjoyed your story and yes, i too, wish there were more than 5 stars on offer. i shall have to read your other sorties too i think. thanks for contributing to the immensly enjoyable site that is literotica. keep on writing,...

alexetlaurealexetlaureover 1 year ago

Excellent story, loved it ! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I spent several years of my youth in Galveston. You make it sound nicer than it really is, unfortunately. There is hardly any beach left in town with rising sea level and beach erosion. I’m not sure too many resorts can have the seats and umbrellas as depicted. Still a nice story.

JFpuff02JFpuff02over 1 year ago

Absolutely love your stories. Please continue this one as the characters are so lovable!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So it's really true.

Big cocks give exceptional orgasms even if there is no shared love.

So how come she hasn't succumbed to lust, passion, amazing sex.

This is against Literotica rules.

Texican1830Texican1830over 1 year ago

Enjoyed that! Thanks!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year agoAuthor

Author's response: Thanks to everyone who's commented. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

.

To the anonymous commenter posting about Galveston, thank you. I've been as close to Galveston as Texas City, but never made it all the way to the Texas coast so all of my efforts came from online research, some Google maps street views, and a healthy dose of imagination that may have gone a bit overboard. Please, everyone, don't decide to visit Galveston based on this story alone! Please do your own research if you're considering a visit!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year agoAuthor

Author's Response-Part 2:

One more I missed! Many thanks to Andy and the anonymous emailer for the very nice comments and for pointing out that Aaron would ride with Elysha, not with himself (top of page 6). Oops! If I ever edit this, it will be after the contest is over. And just in case anyone asks, Sophie is intentionally called Sophe (single syllable pronounced SOAF ) by several people and Sophia by Uncle Horace (this one's explained in the story).

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 1 year ago

I really struggled reading through the first half of this story. I knew instinctively that Holden was a smarmy fake. He was too polite and too perfect to be for real. I actually hated the first half of the story until Aaron showed up on the scene. And to be brutally honest, just 2 or 3 short paragraphs before Aaron made his first appearance I was actually going to close the browser tab and walk away from the whole thing. 🤔

But once the adorable little angel Trixie showed up, it got a great deal better. The entire first half needs a full blown rewrite. The second half was very good and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 3/5

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 1 year ago

Anonymous (about 4 hours ago)

I spent several years of my youth in Galveston. You make it sound nicer than it really is, unfortunately. There is hardly any beach left in town with rising sea level and beach erosion. I’m not sure too many resorts can have the seats and umbrellas as depicted. Still a nice story.

============================================

Well, the rising sea level is an outrageous lie. But I pretty much agree with the rest of what he said. Erosion on the Gulf Side of the East End of the Island has always been a problem during my entire lifetime of more than 60 years. The entire reason for the granite jetties being built along the seawall was to help with the erosion issues. The currents in this area were not present during the time of Jean Lafitte and later on past the Texas Revolution. Deepening Bolivar Roads for Ship Traffic as well as the construction of the Intracoastal Waterway changed how water naturally flowed throughout the entire estuary causing the present conditions.

I also had to chuckle about "walking to Walmart" from the Resort and Back. The Resort, as you described it couldn't be anywhere near Seawall Blvd. because you described it as being directly on the beach. You never have any description for crossing the busy thoroughfare to reach the beach. This would mean that the Walmart in the 6700 block of Seawall is a MINIMUM of 3 miles away. The amusement pier even further than that. Sophie would have probably taken her car down to the Walmart. The horse stables could have been walking distance depending upon exactly where you had located the fictional Resort. Those are generally on the West End anyway.

EgregiousEgregiousover 1 year ago

Great story, thanks, 5/5. Big Jethro Tull fan as well.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Another classic one in the books! I was a little uncertain in the first few pages where you were going with the story, even to the extent I wasn't sure she would be the MC. Very nicely played with Holden, then a widowed father transition. I even had tears in my eyes at one point as you revealed the children's loss. Great stuff! 5*

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Lovely story. It felt a bit unfinished though. She had such bad commitment problems that I don't feel like the story will be over until she is married and pregnant.... I felt like I needed to hear that at the end of this story, sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I would say "I loved it", except feeling it was left unfinished. Where is the courtship, bonding further with the kids, graduation, teaching, marrying, and happily ever after? Even more babies.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 1 year ago

5 Stars! Terrific story! Well done, as always. Glad to see that Sophie gave love a chance., and hopefully gets her very own HEA. Gotta say, I love the warmth you infuse in your characters. It really makes you feel like you know them, as well as the charming little corner of the world they all inhabit.

I also noticed this was a little spicier than you usually write, which i thought really added to the story. Of course, I enjoyed the funny bits, too. Now I`m looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've had a very enjoyable 3 hours of reading your latest story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it but I really want a story of Bart finding his true love. Next?

FandeborisFandeborisover 1 year ago

I ran across this story after finishing a another. It was in the column to the side. The title had a western feel, I can remember Roy Rogers and the Sons of the Pioneers doing a cover, so I gave it a try. Glad I did. Methinks you set it up a little too well! With Uncle Horace and the admonition that beach romances don’t last pretty much set the stage. But it is a good story nonetheless and I will probably read it again before too long. You mentioned that this is part of a series, which means I will be looking forward to reading the set. Take care.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Could you write a sequel? Or at least an epilogue?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice story. I agree with previous comment: sequel please.

G

Tall78701Tall78701over 1 year ago

A little longer than your typical Literotica story, but very sweet. It certainly fills the bill for a story of “Sweet Summer Loving.” I particularly loved the expression, “Make it a walk of fame rather than one of shame.” Very cute and certainly fit the circumstances. I had a little trouble keeping all of the dialog straight on the first page – as to who was talking to whom. As there were a lot of introducing of characters. But I quickly got through it, and it was well worth it. Again, a delightful and romantic summer read. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So nice! 5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSouthernCrossfire@SouthernCrossfire
4/4/24 Update: "Crossed Paths," a story of old friends reuniting, was recently published for the Wicked Games challenge, in which everything isn't as it seems. Hope you'll read and enjoy! If you're looking for something older, you might try "The Valentine's Dance," a late 1...

SIMILAR Stories