All Comments on 'A Dish Served Cold'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 229 Comments (Page 3)
bornagainbornagainabout 17 years ago
So Good

That was incredible ass hole never saw what hit him or her that was great i give it a score of 1000 for greatness

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
great

great

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Justified reaction

I'm glad to see he and Bev didn't wind up in bed right away like too many other stories with similiar circumstances. It may happpen in time but in the meantime they can share in a suitable handeling of the situation.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Marlene

Bob I bet Marlene had a slew of calls from every tom dick and harry .

Pat.

Atlanta,Ga.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Marlene

Bob I bet Marlene had a slew of calls from every tom dick and harry .

Pat.

Atlanta,Ga.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Marlene

Bob I bet Marlene had a slew of calls from every tom dick and harry .

Pat.

Atlanta,Ga.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Good story JPB

Sounds like the man got his revenge, all right.

The adulterers always think they're untouchable till they're caught and then, like Marlene, can't uderstand why hubby gets revenge.

Why do you hate me so much? Simple--you're fucking Brian.

Alvaron53Alvaron53almost 18 years ago
Works for me

I liked the story, plain and simple.

funnygurl1953funnygurl1953about 18 years ago
question is??

Plain BOb..First..you KNOW BOB isa gurls toy..so nothin is plain about bob..and ..um..you know a LOT about cheating..Has it hit yu close to home.??Your story was great..and well.it was good..

I sold my husbands van for 500 dollars out of revenge and gave two hundred of that away ..I wanted revenge for him callin cps on me because I had told him we were done..so I understand revenge..NOTHIN ...............EVER ..tasted so sweet..cause I'm a evil bitch..Keep on writn Bob..whatever the reason..Jean or aka..funnygurl953

ddpmanddpmanabout 18 years ago
How appropriate

Just Plain Bob is a man after my heart. What a good story. As one comment said not an original thought no need to be original when you can write like this. But remember there are no original jokes they have all been told at one time or another

looking4itlooking4itover 18 years ago
Original ideas or not

I thought it was great. I love the stories where the husband gets revenge and this was classic revenge. Not the deepest story here but I liked it!

thanks JPB

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Well written but...

This is written well enough but since there's not a single original thought, pretty much a waste of time and bandwidth. Not up to JPB's usual standard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I would like a follow up

I liked the story, but felt it ended too quick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Yes!

Love most of your stories and this one is no exception. Thanks to Dynamite Jack my knowledge has increased. I'd always thought the phrase came from Shakespeare, and my trusty Bartletts failed to clear the matter up. Anyway it warms the cockles of my vengence seeking heart. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Just Plain Well Done

No superfluity, no illogic to the actions of characters, and no sentimental crap that ruins a good revenge story. I tire of the stories in Literotica that make the husband out to be a wimp who crawls back to "forgive" his wife for cheating on him. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Hot Damn!

Not only revenge that was served icy cold but also the punishment fitting the crime.

Boyd

LustHoseLustHoseover 18 years ago
Far be it for me to suggest...

For the record, I have enjoyed many of your stories, JPB.

The title has been ascribed to "Klingons" of Star Trek fame; I first ran across the saying in Mario Puzo's "The Godfather." However, Dynamite Jack seems to have nailed the phrase's historical context.

The implementation and effects of the revenge reminded me of the Art of War, chapter 5, "...terrible in his onset, and prompt in his decision." The set up went VERY smoothly for an amateur; it seems to me that there would have been a significant amount of trial and error to get the recordings and video footage of the trysts.

Prolonging the distribution of information might have intensified the amount of agony Bob wanted to inflict on the perfidious couple. A little tid-bit here, a reference there, some curious phone calls from third parties to ratchet up the tension perhaps even to the point that Marlene and Brian would "cool it" for a while. And then, when things looked as though everything was settled down and the cheaters' rutting is consummated (whew, we got away with it, right?) Bob triggers the whole sordid mess on the unsuspecting duo.

Just some random thoughts, a worthy effort and a solid read. Well done.

rlg99rlg99over 18 years ago
Nice one

Paybacks are a bitch , Revenge was to the point and complete. They ruined his life so he paid them back in kind. Keep writing

Bob

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 18 years ago
Cold revenge; well deserved!

One of your best stories yet, Bob. If anything it was too short - more of the aftermath would have been fun!

bezelcrixbezelcrixover 18 years ago
B.F. Skinner would scoff at the saying

that revenge is best served cold. He would say that the closer the negative respons to a given stimuli then that action would possibly not be repeated. That's behavorist Psych.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wow

This story of semi-normal people seems to be positively recieved by same. Would that it could be more often as the talent is there bobie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Best

This is JPB back to his best.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Vintage Bob

Not a lot of superfluous dialogue; just straight to the point story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
First, the meaning of the expression,

"Revenge, is a dish best served cold" has neither of the meanings listed. It means that you will enjoy the revenge more if you don't do it in anger, but stop and think about it. Take your revenge after calmly thinking it over and making sure that was what you wanted (which you did quite well!).

(The source of the expression: Pierre Ambroise Francois Choderios de LaClos (1741-1803). He originally said it in French in his 1782 book Les Liasons Dangereuses: "La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid,")

All in all I thought it one of you better stories. The writing is good and the story flows easy.

Regards, DJ

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Good

Nice job - short and to the point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
i new you had in you

outstanding you got it in you down deep.thanks for writing some common sense story.real people don't let betrayal and deceit go without consequences.in your other stories you let it be known that sluts,whores and tramps get away with evil and no consequences.thanks for writing about there is a hell to pay if you fuck over people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great stuff......

You have, as always taken print and made a very good visual image and story out of it. Pretty entertaining and funny. Thnx, especially in todays misery and politcal situation.

mcwiiimcwiiiover 18 years ago
Better than your normal drivel

At least you show some consequences for once

wheel_man9wheel_man9over 18 years ago
Funny stuff JPB...

That was a riot. Thank you so much. I don't know if you were spoofing or not, but it was a great read and a nice break where the guilty party gets it in the end...Hope Grandma doesn't have a heart attack when she sees her little girl getting in the end though!! Thanks again for your stories JPB I do appreciate them and you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...