All Comments on 'A Dragon's Tale Ch. 04'

by Antiproton

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
JoTaKuSanJoTaKuSanover 5 years ago
Okay I'm done with this story.

This story doesn't make any sense. I thought the point of the stories of this site was escape from the misery of life. Not bringing more to it. I think I'm done with this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Rachel

During her fast ride did she take every single horse with her? If she's running hard on one while the others are somehow tethered to her, there's no point in changing mounts; they'd all be as tired as the one she's on. The process of changing horses during a ride like that would be like a baton race. You run to an outpost and get a fresh horse. You don't take several with you at the same time. It defeats the idea. I saw several typos but that was the most glaring problem to me.

cummer_elitecummer_eliteover 5 years ago
Good

I swear if this should I have alana or not drama continues for one more chapter ,I am gonna drop it.please sort it out quickly....

Everything else aside,this story has a lot of potential,so don't be discouraged by my earlier rambling...

Also, Don't let any girl get killed,otherwise I will hunt you down to the depths of hell...

An idea,let the dragon develop space magic,so that he can create a portable space dimension where he can keep all his gold,if he requires it...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Why is he even here?

So by this point I have got to ask...... WHY THE HELL IS ETHAN EVEN HERE ANYMORE!!!!??? Their whole mission to save the daughter and son was so that Ethan could get access to gold without having to steal it, which he now can't get near without trying to kill everyone. Now the end result is that first Ethan's not getting anywhere near the gold, second both Ethan and Alana are freaking miserable in a town THAT THEY DON'T EVEN NEED TO STAY IN SINCE THEY CAN JUST FLY AWAY!!!!!!!, and third Ethan's forcing himself to marry some girl that he view's as sweet but not much beyond that.......... Is anyone seeing an issue here because I believe that I am.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

It's taking the harem route. Somehow everyone will be ok with him being with Alana and Beth and Rachel is clearly under the influence of the magical ring her father has her wear that Alana will probably realize and destroy, adding her to the group. It's just slow going right now.

TwoGunKidtgkTwoGunKidtgkover 5 years ago
Love it

Please continue !!

Archangel_MArchangel_Mover 5 years ago

Fascinating. Looking forward to Chapter 5. <3

cummer_elitecummer_eliteabout 5 years ago
something

waitng for the next chap....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I love this story please finish it.

I love this story so much, I need more ;-;

taco1085taco1085about 5 years ago
Choices and desicions

Wow, he sure has got himself in a pickle, loves one woman but has to marry another. Cant wait to read the next chapters.

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanalmost 4 years ago

I am not sure what the problem is for some readers, but this is an excellent story. JT

JagnagJagnagover 3 years ago
Its just magical

I agree with realus........

anyone who moans about this fantastic story needs i stern poke in the eye !

tinchektinchekabout 3 years ago

At this point, I like Rachel more than I like Ethan.

Why is he doing all that he does? He is just going with the flow, whatever someone tells him too. He has no agency. He loves Alana but Borden tells him that he has to marry his daughter. And he goes "OK, goodbye Alana hope you get over our magical bond". Even though he loves Alana, another man loves his soon-to-be wife, and he can't even have children with her. Also, Borden is at fault for his and Alana's misery. How does Ethan even stand him? What does he feel about him? Give me something.

And Beth is like "Oh you love another woman who you are magically bonded with that allows you to read each other thoughts, which won't go away, and my father is forcing you to marry me and won't allow us to be in a polygyny(it's polygamy btw) relationship with Alana because he is sexually repressed and creepily feels he can dictate mine and your sexual lives". I just straight don't like her. If they marry she will have his dragon spawn. How did Borden think that that is a good idea? But I guess drama comes before sense.

tinchektinchekabout 3 years ago

"From somewhere deep in his soul, he had this certainty welling up. He didn't know where it came from, but he had this instinctive certainty that eventually it would all work out. He didn't know how or when, but his dragon instincts told him it was a forgone conclusion; that they would both be blissfully happy at his hand."

Also don't ever do this. Telling us what the ending is practically begging us to stick with it to the good ending. Like a tiktok telling us to wait till the end.

SilvermireSilvermirealmost 3 years ago

This is definitely NOT a good story and it's getting worse. I'm out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't know if you're trying for it, but this has a bit of a 'Princess Bride' vibe to it, (movie w/ Mandy Patinkin... is that the right name?). The movie was just goofy enough that it was almost a parody, but not full fledge Monty Python parody.

Some of your character's behavior and responses to situations is 'off' from the norm, and reminds me of the movie's 'off-ness'. I keep hearing Patinkin's signature line, "I am Diego Montoya, and now you are going to die.", when one of your characters acts, or reacts to something, goofily.

It's still a pleasant read, but the character goofiness does detract, a bit. More that it creates frustration.

The 'Lord's daughter' (Rachel?), is a good example, with that damn ring. And then The Bank owner father; doesn't mind married his daughter of to a bonded dragon, bu then freaks out at the mere mention of legal polygamy.

Add to that neither Ethan nor Alana says anything to anyone about them being hunted because 'The Asshole Lord' has dedided Ethan's an abomination. In the land of normality, when people are being persecuted for no real fault of their own; they tell people. It's a strong sympathy motivator, and will create defenders from those people who see the world in terms of justice.

You already have this Elf ship captain exhibiting that kind of behavior towards Alana, even though it's unjust, because she doesn't know the full story.

A person with that kind of morality, would be incensed over the Asshole Lord going after Ethan and Alana, and become an instant ally.

A re-write wih some serious thought to character behavior would turn this into a blockbuster of a tale.

GeoD

Wildwood55Wildwood55over 2 years ago

@ Anon Rachel

Actually, a horse without a rider will not tire as quickly as a horse with rider, so riding one, while leading additional horses does work, and would have allowed Rachel to ride non-stop, (though the horses would need a water break, or three).

Plus, she would be a bit more than "a little saddle sore"; she'd be walkin' like she'd been rode hard, and put away wet, by a friggin' ogre.

So, our author got the horse relay correct, but missed on the effect of a 9(?) hour non-stop ride. It would destroy somebody who spends their entire day in the saddle. There is a BIG difference between riding a horse all day, and riding a running horse all day.

SniperkingSniperkingover 2 years ago

she had siblings in chapter 1, but she said she doesn't in this chapter?

NirosuNirosualmost 2 years ago

If polyamory is uncommon but known to be a thing/legal, why do so many of the characters seem well stupid? Like Beth and Alana could have come to the conclusion of well if we request X maybe we get X, but I guess they just are against the idea.

Along with Rachel not realizing the ring is the catalyst is real dumb, enchanted or not. Or at least not realizing something is strongly manipulating her be it a spell/curse cast upon her or something and going to someone who could find it.

Along with some inconsistencies, which could be edited to fix pretty easy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

MC 100% knows he is hurting the elf..... and he hasn't even thought once to run away with her? Instead he just goes well I guess I have to marry this airhead because daddy said so I better leave the elf.... who currently has a crossbow bolt in her that is there because of his stupidity

He has no sense of self he is just marched on his plot strings right at the next place he needs to be while never explaining why.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

@Sniperking, she said that she did have older siblings, that had long left the nest, not raised with her. Sorry

-- And Beth is a bright and charming 18-year-old, an avid reader too. She is likely correct that she will make (someone) a fine wife. ;-) TTFN

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uabout 1 year ago

The stupid thing is that the bank owner and the Guard captain and the dragon could have come to an agreement that it was actually the guard that rescued the girl and boy because the dragon and the elf ‘were in fact working for and under the guidance of the guard and the guard had just sent them ahead to scout for the kidnappers BUTIT WAS THE GUARDS SHOW AND HE WAS THE LEADER and so the rescuer.’

So there you have it, job done problems solved. If the other guards bucked the story the guard could say the elf and dragon were secretly hired as dragons are dangerous and he didn’t trust his fellow guards to blab in the city about the crazy plan and thus warn the kidnappers. Done and wrapped up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I'm reading comments again, which I know better.......I'm not sure why Beth is labeled as an airhead. I also see Ethan should have run off with Alana. Sure and word of the engagement would have made it to lord Delmar. Who they have already stated likes to strike at the heart. So even if they ran off, Beth would be at risk. The same thing if the city people think Beth's father ran them off. It could come across as him breaking a contract. He explained how that could lead his family to be poor and probably killed. Yes it hurts that Alana is hurting like this, but what is the option? Run off/refuse and sentence Beth to death? I guess if He refused then it wouldn't be the father breaking a contract...... That would just mean another wealthy enemy for Ethan to have to worry about.

@Jackspeed2u The contract was for the person that rescued them. Not for the one that sent someone to rescue them. Even if Ethan and Alana were just scouting, they did in fact rescue Beth and Charles.

@Nirosu Who exactly would she go to? Can it be removed or stopped? Would the person recognize her and refuse? Then they could tell her asshole father. What would he do about it? He attacked her and beat her for being rude to a suitor. What would he do if she started doubting his word? I shutter to think.

Just my opinions,

Buddy J.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

My god I should be sleeping but instead I keep reading chapters hoping against hope that this gets better. It’s so bad and it’s so well rated. This doesn’t make sense. I’ll read another chapter and maybe the writing and the story and the pacing and the everything will just get slightly slightly better. Who is rating these?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Aaaarg

Love it

Buuut

Hate it

Just glad there are more chapters

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A rather st**** build op in drama with a lot of questionable decisions of the mc.

Really? Bound by a contract?

He is a lord, and a public statement with the party involved to „not marry his daughter“ would have been enough.

I know this is an old chapter, but please future authors, think about your build up in drama.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAntiproton@Antiproton
2473 Followers
For as little as $1/month, you can get early access to new chapters on Patreon. Some tiers get access 2+ months early for less than the cost of some decent coffee. . www.patreon.com/antiproton . You can also join the Discord server for free, though Patrons have greater acces...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES