All Comments on 'A Dragon's Tale Ch. 07'

by Antiproton

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 4 years ago
Cautious

When I first saw that you had a warning on this chapter, I wasn't sure I was up to reading it this morning. Definitely helped ease the events that occurred. Both relieved and sort of disappointed that a dragon's body isn't as closely tied to the purple plane; though the jury's still out on how it will respond to what's going to happen next. As well as, what IS actually going to happen next.

I do sure hope that Ethan will actually get to be the first one to sleep with Alana. Those two deserve it, and Ethan really needs to finally get to have sex. His wife has been plowed twice by his body and he's still a virgin in this world, its just not right.

taco1085taco1085over 4 years ago
amazing

what a story,,, I am glad the God has intervened and he will have multiple wives. now he can have his wife and his bonded girlfriend. So no one loses... cant wait.. I hope he does not kill the knight, especially in dragon form and cant wait till his wife shows him she is alive....

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeabout 4 years ago

"He needed to remind them that dragons are apex predators without peer or equal in the world." This is my concept of Dragons. They can be killed - with great difficulty - but they cannot be defeated, conquered, or controlled.

big65dawguwbig65dawguwalmost 4 years ago
dragin harem

I like your take on the Dragon's harem , in most stories the instant acceptance of multiple mates , even when it's explained by 'magic' , seems off . This slower pace just feels more natural to me . Congratulations for coming up with a fresh angle .

XacksonXacksonabout 3 years ago

Without starting the next chapter I know for a fact that the champion just pissed and what his pants and maybe got a face full of what ever the arenas floor is made out of. Cliffhanger go trope.

TomArgileTomArgileabout 3 years ago

Everything that follows, is a result of what you see here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's cool that you implemented the elements behind tradition polygamy and part of the reason it's usually one man with several women the women get the same benefits but the man get disproportionate responsibilities for each women and this was rather common in older times when men died in war in mass quantities.

anifreikanifreikalmost 3 years ago

Liking the story a lot, so far. Not Beth's (temporary?) death, but otherwise, yeah.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"That Detective, is the right question"

TheAnarchTheAnarchover 2 years ago

Ahhhhhhhh. All the best movie quotes!! ‘Be a shame to ruin it...’ I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I knew I recognised the quote, but I couldn't place it, and had to look it up. It was like an itch in my brain

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

2 star penalty for the jerk ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

At least the idea I posted of having Alana and Beth marry their spirits was heeded, although by an unobvious source. Too bad none of the original cast were smart enough to figure that out.

This story is similar to others, where the protagonist isn't as mentally useful as one would seem to need to be to survive. They seem just shy of a "full load", so to speak. Yet their perseverance and determination are the single profitable characteristics that allow them to live and succeed (odd how that is never enough in real life).

A decent story, but far shy of the potential available.

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I hope this isn't going to be a "Harry Potter" type of story where the constantly befuddled MC is incapable of defending himself, depending on other characters to save him, time and time again. Seems like every story written today is exactly the same: the "hero" MC is a wimp, both mentally and physically, that barely survives to the end.

.

He's a dragon... why shouldn't he behave like a dragon??? Yes, he's unique because he's a human male in a dragon's body, but why is an evil influence required to make him behave like a dragon? Why isn't he "Ethan the dragon" rather than "Ethan" or "The dragon"? He should be stomping bloody mudholes in the chest of every EVIL person who attacks him or his people. And killing evil people is NOT an evil thing.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

You weave so well!

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

This was a typo from the very beginning of the chapter, describing Falkaan: "He was skin was very dark grey," -- I think it would work if it was: "His skin was a very dark grey,"

StrangerAmongstAllStrangerAmongstAllover 1 year ago

Okay, I was fine with the whole soul bond harem idea. What I didn't need was some weird pseudo Christian/Mormon moralizing to dictate what kind of harems God will make you burn in hell for. What I didn't need was for the author to go out of his way to assure me that no extra dudes would ever be involved as if it wasn't their story and none would get involved if they didn't want them to.

What's next? We gonna get some abortion lectures. A couple of lesbians with no husband involved set straight by a god willed dragon dicking? A long chapter on why gay dudes are either evil or always doomed to tragic death because their off page gay sex makes god cry? Yeah, I'm not gonna stick around to find out. Fuck this poorly edited political/religiously moralizing piece of trash story.

DocHoliday69DocHoliday69about 1 year ago

You cant just create this "badass evil super dragon thats super damgerous and deadly" but then every time it gets brought out it still gets its ass kicked, you need to make it something to truly fear, not just a cheap novelty.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I fuckin' love this story. BUT WHY THE HELL DID YOU PUT THE WARNING AT THE START OF THE STORY! It's hard enough to believe that a main character might die in any story, but with the warning at the start it almost like a really dumb joke. It just cuts the feeling that Beth's death has meaning. I really enjoy your work, but putting that warning there is just plain bad for your story. Really bad. Seriously. Take it off for the love of Illuminar!

striker24striker24about 1 year ago

This chapter is unreadable...it's so bad I had to skim it. Ethan is so stupid and pathetic it kills the story.

dunmovynivdunmovyniv11 months ago

You need another story branch. The evil villains protégés story, working towards an attack.

PotterfanzPotterfanz9 months ago

Oh no, the author is a devout Mormon

I was liking this story too

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thanks for the disclaimer in the beginning but please refrain from them I liove hate the story

Well done you cheeky sadistical bastard

skippersdadskippersdadabout 2 months ago

Another great Chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

OK, really hoping this whole series doesn't turn into wierd Mormon propaganda shit. I actually thought that was what the warning at the start was about, since you don't really need a warning for killing off characters. Not that I wanted Beth to be dead, but there's no stakes if important characters have invincible plot armor. Totally agree with what StrangerAmongstAll said, but I'll give it a few more chapters and see if things are more complex than they appear. If anyone is looking for a "the protagonist is suddenly a dragon with a bunch of soul bonded mates" type story with fewer wierd religious undertones, I can recommend @kremmers' 'The Divine Gambit'

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAntiproton@Antiproton
2408 Followers
For as little as $1/month, you can get early access to new chapters on Patreon. Some tiers get access 2+ months early for less than the cost of some decent coffee. . www.patreon.com/antiproton . You can also join the Discord server for free, though Patrons have greater acces...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES