All Comments on 'A Dragon's Tale Ch. 25'

by Antiproton

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story really enjoyed this episode.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good Job. Which chapter defines the beginning of Act 2??

Simonb1Simonb1over 2 years ago

Don't worry about your editing, it is fine.

Technical point, the loop on the front of a crossbow is called a cocking stirrup, according to hunting accessories.com.

Great story as usual.

draco352draco352over 2 years ago

amazing as usual!!!! one of the best stories I track!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I enjoyed it very much and didn't see many typos. I think your doing great with this story and I really look forward to the next chapter as I always do. And remember critics are those who can't create.

Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandover 2 years ago

Really enjoyed the chapter. Also being someone who has read most Dreamclouds work i have to agree that itis a wonderful story. It really is a shame why he stopped wrighting on lit, some asshole pirated his work and was selling it on amazon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very few typos!

Thanks for another exciting chapter!

poutniklpoutniklover 2 years ago

I have not finished this chapter yet, but I gladly join to the author's recommendation of "The marriage" story by Dreamcloud at the end. I guess I may even see why he may like it.

GHreaderGHreaderover 2 years ago
Already waiting for the next chapter

What a remarkable story.

I hope you can keep up the pace.

I check at the end of whatever I am reading to see if something from my favorite authors has been posted. When I see a new chapter of A Dragon's Tail has been published, it is only minutes until it is opened for reading.

I love the intertwining of the three plot lines as they create a long braid.

Keep up the excellent storytelling.

Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I hope Selene at least brought a water skin and better boots. After her first day walking in the woods I assume she went to Walmart (most small towns have them now) and bought some decent leather hiking boots. If they are steel toes she can probably get them written off as safety equipment on her government expense report. Also she had best keep that dagger and any cleanish cloth rags. Super useful when camping. I assume when she left the badguy camp she will follow the horse tracks. They may be fast but they usually don't run long (especially when far from home) and leave a easy to follow trail (at least until night falls). If nothing else they will lead her to the nearest farm or village as horses will seek out other horses. So she would either be in a village or have a horse (hopefully with a pack of food and camp gear).

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Awesome as always.

Do you think you could draw a map or something, perhaps even describe it in words if images aren't your thing? So that it shows all places that you describe.

TomArgileTomArgileover 2 years ago

Thanks for the effort, I appreciate it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just a idle thought, the dance between Ethan, Rachel and the wives with them knowing is getting old. They've several killers to face, and the subplot with their romance evolving like they're in 9th grade just does not fit anymore with the characters as they've developed.

Echo55Echo55over 2 years ago

This now a must read for me, thank you for sharing such a wonderful world with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, enjoyed it so far and I hope you continue to a resolution of the plot lines.

James_DuncanJames_Duncanover 2 years ago

I would make one observation about the Ethan, Rachel dance. She is supposed to be very smart, yet she has been unable to work out that there is nothing stopping her from becoming an Arch Mage and being with Ethan. It's great that you want to drag it out, but the reasons for it simply don't hold water logically or emotionally.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Eskrima as a martial was also intended to be used with a short sword or machete as part of it's practice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful as always!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

why would they forbid modern things on the team that went through the portal? It makes no sense for them to not use firearms at least. Its not like the team could blend in with the people there. They have no knowledge of the land or people. It wouldn't take more than a few minutes for people to realize something was wrong with her and the other guys. It seems like he sent them to die, but I can't think of a good reason for it. Also why is the necromancer suddenly working with them? They kill the goats so he can power the portal, but they have no way of knowing how much mana it takes. They practically gave him a way to escape. Lets fill the necromancer up with mana but nothing bad will happen. I really dislike the parts where we jump to the people from earth except Ethan. It just slows the story down. Now onward to the wood elf king. Let me guess we are going to hear, once agan, about asking in questions to not disrespect the crown.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Agent k is an idiot to not have sent his away team with enough guns, ammo, resources to stay a month if necessary just in case shit gets hairy. I get you needed a fubar situation to get Selene isolated, but there's more logical ways then no modern weapons protocol.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Stop putting feminist idea into the heads of women who very clearly live in a world where those kinds of things don’t exist. Rachel insisting on her independence is a garbage modern feminist mindset and not one that would appear in a world set in a time period similar to the “Middle Ages”. Stop it, it destroys the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Smithbond's plan is easy to figure out. He didn't send them with guns because he wanted them to die. Now he can go to his bosses and let them know. His peace team were killed for no reason, and that is an act of war. Now he can get more people to go through and start the invasion that always seems to be the goal of mankind in these stories.

He would have to know the people would stand out. It would be like sending american children to england and thinking they would blend in.

Do they think just anyone can use magic? Its almost like someone have told them that.

I guess the necromancer could have, but it doesn't sound right. It would be almost impossible for them to use enough magic on earth to make it worth the effort to learn.......Oh, would the necromancer know that. Okay that might be a good source of the information.

I also agree with the one anon. They are letting this necromancer use magic, to open the portal. Seems reckless since to our knowledge they don't have any way to track mana. So maybe he only needed two goats worth to open the portal. That means he has another goats worth of mana to use how he wants.

Seems like the earth people parts are just wasteful until it sets up some plot point in the future. Also as soon as Hailey is staying on earth, I lost interest.

Just my opinions,

Buddy J.

skippersdadskippersdad4 months ago

This is still a great story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAntiproton@Antiproton
For as little as $1/month, you can get early access to new chapters on Patreon. Some tiers get access 2+ months early for less than the cost of some decent coffee. . www.patreon.com/antiproton . You can also join the Discord server for free, though Patrons have greater acces...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES