All Comments on 'A Dragon's Tale Ch. 38'

by Antiproton

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
Burn_To_AshBurn_To_Ashover 1 year ago

VERY curious to know how the Kendra/Ethan interaction will happen. Gettin all excited over here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love this story so much

DucatastiDucatastiover 1 year ago

It just keeps getting better, thanks for sharing your gift with us

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another month, another 5 stars, and another wait. Happy and sad at the same time.

CortavarCortavarover 1 year ago

Hi Antiproton and everyone!

Things are starting to move fast, and it's awesome! Beth's father, Kendra's feelings, Selene's acknowledgment, the whole plot around Sarah, dominos are laid and some are starting to fall! (And Kendra is falling for Ethan and about to get laid as well)

I've had a hunch that the black dragon accompanying Lord Delmar, whom we've never seen together, was his true form, and that's basically confirmed now.

I also have a hunch, and a lot of breadcrumbs point that way, that Lady Ekthros is an agent of the shady Earth organization that was lost on Illuminar's world, along with the cool cleric (Kendra's friend) and the obfuscating high mage (the one with the portal artifacts).

I also have a theory that it's a lot easier for Earth born humans to become archmages. If my previous hunch is right, that's 2 out of 3 archmages from the Earth mission force, and maybe the cleric is a secret archmage as well.

That could simply be because earthlings are so used to having a high mana barrier around that they're like unknowingly training with weights on for all their life. So when they reach the new world, the archmage path feels as easy as the normal mage one. Or it could be that they are "unburdened by knowledge of the past", and go to magic with a brute force approach instead of letting it flow naturally like the other sapients of the magic world.

Regardless of the explanation, it is a path to usefulness and further awesomeness for Selene: she has potential to rival Rachel in magic mastery, maybe not right away, but certainly somewhere down the path. It seems so strange and out of character for her to consider herself useless, she can fight, she is smart, she's gorgeous, she's trained in solving mysteries, and she has proven she can learn (that's what degrees are about): she has a lot of assets by her own self even on an unfamiliar world.

I really hope she comes back to her usual confidence before entering a mariage with Ethan. They both deserve it to be a real choice and not a default and imbalanced arrangement. She's awesome and should see Ethan as an equal, and he her as one too.

What do you think?

Best regards,

Cortavar

BurninationBurninationover 1 year ago

Have any of them talked about having a dragon baby yet, or are we just assuming they each came to the conclusion that it is not an acceptable option without us needing to see the discussion? Either way Ethan's dragon side might not always let them have a choice. Especially with the building loss of control towards Kendra, and even more especially if he takes Illuminar's advice and lets draconic nature make the decisions for one or two of his wives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Such a stopping point.... holding my breath for one month until the next chapter shows up

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Keep up the good work. Appreciate your writing!! By the way how is Kendra aware of "peep show" That is a terminology from paying quarters to watch a women strip.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ah yeah!! Very good! Great progression!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enjoy this story' plz author keep good writinng

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I know I said to cut back on the cliff hangs but this it is perfect. Excellent job on the whole chapter and the ones before. Remember critics are criticize what they can't do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ah. Damn. U really need to turn this story into a book. Wow. Just wow.

Southpaw1430Southpaw1430over 1 year ago

Still enjoying this story. Thanks.

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 1 year ago

Ooh, sneaky! Lull us into a false sense of security, now that Beth’s father isn’t trying to kill them, at least not at the moment, then, WHAM! Drop that little bombshell on us just before the fade to black, for maximum impact! Well played, Antiproton, well played.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

So hard waiting for more of this terrific story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh you *ass*.

-angrily shakes fist-

That's a helluva cliffhangar!

5*

Again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sarah getting Ekthros vibes from the old lady was a bit out of left field for her. Obviously the readers know that she’s playing a game with Sarah. You even made a tongue in cheek reference when Sarah comments that arch mages can read minds. But for her to make the connection that the old lady seems like Ekthros, either she’s a lot more observant than she let’s on or it seems a bit forced to me.

It’s the most recent thought I had about this. I binged the whole thing in the last 3 days. I’ll leave more reviews with the future updates :)

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyover 1 year ago

I don't know if Lit will allow this link to be posted but I think the end of this chapter needs a "Dun Dun Dunnn!"

www[dot]youtube[dot]com/watch?v=9mSVzGnKsXw

Hardrider56Hardrider56over 1 year ago

Really enjoying this story. As others have said it will be hard wait for the next chapter.

TerraneauxTerraneauxover 1 year ago

I guess it feels like this story is high on relationship drama/angst but low on the sex.

TerraneauxTerraneauxover 1 year ago

The whole "I hate my sexuality" thing that Ethan has going on, as well as the idea that he can only get with women who are emotionally damaged enough, is getting a bit... eh.

CortavarCortavarover 1 year ago

Hi Antiproton and everyone!

I kindly disagree with the reader who said that Sarah seeing something off with the old lady is a bit much for her. To me, Sarah's thing is that there is more than meets the eyes with her.

Could a regular tavern wench spot the similarities between Ekthros as she knows her and the new character? Probably not. Could a demon-wench with a bit of glamour herself feel something off about the appearance of the new inquisitor? I'm voting yes.

On a related note, I have a theory that the old lady is actually Ekthros without her glamour, as in her real self, and that the woman bound is an illusion that she projects. It's probably too complicated to hold 2 illusions at the same time, and a feat in itself to project her usual glamour on the bench, maybe made possible by the fact that she's so used to project it all the time on herself.

What do you think?

Best regards,

Cortavar

poutniklpoutniklover 1 year ago

There is enough high on the sex stories on Lit. Some of great stories have so much sex that it damages them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

From what I read (of your previous chapters....), the mark is a sign of grand-daughters of Ithlan, not ANY dragon.

I may be wrong, but it is little scene discrepancies like this that make me the big bucks. The answer should be near the trip Ethan makes to meet Illuminar (in that chapter, or near there...).

Hate the wait,

Smokepole

inkcredibleincinkcredibleincover 1 year ago

kinda like selene.

together with ethan, they'd remind each other of the world they lost.

since selene is pretty much put well together in her life, the pain of leaving it behind should hit her harder.

then there's ethan whose life pretty much sucked.

good dynamic between the two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To terraneax, in regards to the dragon only being with emotionally damaged women. From near the beginning certain aspects of this story had a feel similar to “Three square meals” by Tefler. That was confirmed in the previous chapter when Selene talked about damaged little birds and the Invictus. That is a common theme in that story, and I think this is a great homage to TSM. Very well done.

Also if you haven’t read TSM and are waiting for another chapter here, give it a read. It is long and worth it.

hungryeye2233hungryeye2233over 1 year ago

fantastic. Hope the next chapter is forthcoming soon.

Tale_HunterTale_Hunterover 1 year ago

Well written story. Have just finished binge reading entire series and hungry for more. For those who say there should be more sex, eh, go read a quick jerk off story. This is a well paced story with just the right amount of spice thrown in. As for Sarah knowing about ekthros, it is more a case of the demon she is bonded with seeing through her disguise.

The cliffhanger. I am going to go out on a limb and say Lord Delmar is in fact not her father, but the mysterious black dragon is. That is why she is so good at Fire magic as well, and maybe why he suddenly became so cold to her.

BroBonesBroBonesover 1 year ago

I love this story!

jra13jra13over 1 year ago

Nooooo!! How can I be caught up reading on a cliffhanger like that?!

Write faster? This is so good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm curious how long until Selene can start reading minds.

They mentioned coming in contact with magic before you could use magic might shape your area of specialty. So with the mage trying to read her mind and her reaction to it, it seems likely. It would definitely solve the whole 'I don't offer anything' mindset that she has going on at the moment.

I'm not sure if I would like that or not.....

Buddy J.

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519over 1 year ago

The second time through is even better than the first! Excellent work!

striker24striker24about 1 year ago

Mirella and Anthiel are awesome.

Ethan makes Kendra vomit, how romantic!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So it seems like I was right? I know they don't have to be right, but they usually are........Right? It makes the most sense. It was the only reason I could come up with. Why would a Dragon help a human rule? Dragons are not described as the kind to rule behind the scenes.

My first read through this was the last chapter released. I thought that it can't be true. Then I thought maybe the black dragon 'donated' for Lord Delmar. On my second read through I paid more attention to details and It kind of jumped out at me. The problem is I'm kind of stuck on a theory. Could this Lord Delmar be like Ethan? It would work looking at the description. The dual nature that Rachel described while she was growing up. Human side versus dragon side? Probably not, but its fun to think about.

I just can't wait to click next chapter and see what happens.

Buddy J.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The argument with Drousin is more childish Christian apologetics. Morality, absolute or not, doesn't require gods, it requires humans (or species similarly capable of rational thought and empathy). Morality has no meaning in a gas cloud in space.

"God, therefore I win" is tiresome, especially when you created that god in the same story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I was waiting for them to say Delmar was a dragon. The clues for it have been plentiful enough that I would have been irritated if it wasn't the case. My best guess is that he was transformed into one

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAntiproton@Antiproton
2471 Followers
For as little as $1/month, you can get early access to new chapters on Patreon. Some tiers get access 2+ months early for less than the cost of some decent coffee. . www.patreon.com/antiproton . You can also join the Discord server for free, though Patrons have greater acces...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES