All Comments on 'A Dragon's Tale Ch. 45'

by Antiproton

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
FuddyDuddyDudeFuddyDuddyDudeabout 1 year ago

Seriously this is one of the Very Best written works on Lit. Just keep doing it your way. It works.

I love this story. Love it.

FDD

Southpaw1430Southpaw1430about 1 year ago

As always, an excellent chapter. Thank you for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Awesome as always.

I liked the multi perspective moral analysis.

By the way, if anyone remembers, what is the airship made of? Is it filled with hydrogen or helium or something? I don't remember reading a description in previous chapters.

Also a random thought. I wonder how cool it would be once AI is advanced enough to create visuals for a story series like this. That's one of the perks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Awesome as always.

I liked the morality/ethics argument between the wives.

By the way, I forgot the description of an airship. Does it stay in the air due to Hydrogen or Helium just as in the real world? Or is it some magic/enchantment?

If it does use a gas, wouldn't poking holes on it bring it down?

Hardrider56Hardrider56about 1 year ago

Each chapter gets better and better. Each of Ethan's wives are growing both as a person and as a member of the family. Great story and I look forward to the next chapter

Tom

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Love it

Keep goin😊

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

Makes my day when new chapter arrives!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great again as usual. But looking at this having been in the military. I say if the mage is below deck drop some grenades on the deck try destroying the helm just doing enough damage to that will take it out of the fight. The last mages effort will all be on getting the ship to ground to save his own life never mind the rest of the crew. But you do what's best for the story. As again I'm only a critic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

the airships use logs enchanted to be able to change mass and/or how buoyant they are, allowing the airship to rise and fall. they might be able to disenchant the logs, but it probably won't work due to distance or difficulty

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well this isn't a top gun dogfight! Airships floating by magic and powered by wind and magic obviously need a totally different mindset to a powered aircraft. Parachutes would be a useful fashion accessory for people without wings

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

As the previous commenter said, the chapters just get better and better. I love how much you are delving into the psyche of each of his wives over time and really bringing them to life in a realistic and very believable manner. One of only 2 or 3 authors I consistently give 5 stars to (out of over 2 dozen I have bookmarked...)

And to answer the other commenter(s) question, the airships are made from wood just like regular boats and have big enchanted logs that keep them aloft built into their keels that are also used as ballast when necessary... if memory serves...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great job again. This is the only story I am currently reading here, and I look forward to it every month.

dontyouwishyouknewdontyouwishyouknewabout 1 year ago

Great chapter, thank you once again for blessing us with this story! This ranks as one of my favorite stories on this site.

Ryanwood405Ryanwood405about 1 year ago

As always another great chapter

Keep up the good work . 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Awesome chapter! Thank you!😎👍🏼

Dreamdog519Dreamdog51912 months ago

The story is awesome, but the Sarah stuff is really boring. Looking forward to the next chapter hopefully it will be a little longer.

RedhausKreatorRedhausKreator12 months ago

I remember starting to read this series a long time ago. I have been caught up for a very long time. I actually started to reread it from the beginning because I was starting to forget that part of the overall story. I really hope you keep going with this series and bring it to a conclusion someday but no hurry!

Don_TheranthropDon_Theranthrop12 months ago

Doing a great job.

I wouldn't mind seeing another Hero/good guy that helps Ethan on his way, named Don Theranthrop.

Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I struggled with reading the first couple of pages. The urgency of being chased down by two airships and a hundred soldiers wasn’t properly conveyed.. they Walked through the town Taloni walked 🤦🏽. They had a conversation with an unescorted child prince. Had a laugh over a cats antics. And instead of heading out after all that.. they had a leisurely discussion about direction and time to point out features of their own ship??? It could’ve easily been written with more tension and excitement.

rageman24rageman248 months ago

The Beth dilemma just gets frustrating cause she keeps on bringing it up while out on a mission of sorts. They literally got ambushed by orcs because she wasn't focused. Then she does the same thing on the way to the enemy airship.

thatusernameistakenthatusernameistaken6 months ago

Let me start by saying I really like the story and basics of the characters. That said;

JESUS F'ING CHRIST dude, GET ON WITH IT.

Please lay off the constant wishy-washy moralizing and get on with the damn story. At a certain point you either stop fighting battles or make peace with the consequences, and it's been almost 50 chapters and 3 months in universe. Ignore the complaints about morally grey issues, not-so-cloaked-preachiness, and religious references. Fiction is fiction, and it's your story. But it needs to *go* somewhere, and we've spent 3 months rolling around in circles while the same thing happens every other chapter.

I'm spending longer and longer scrolling through nonsense to get to the meat of what used to be an actually interesting story. The Sarah subplot is literally unreadable garbage like 90% of the Sam/Frodo chapters in LOTR; skimmable at best to glean the occasional plot point.

You started this series at a 5/5 and it's gradually dropping, right now at a 2.5 and falling.

Raka101Raka1015 months ago

Have enjoyed this story for the most part. But find it difficult to read Sarah's stuff. She is so boring and adds so little to the story. Good luck with the rest of the story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAntiproton@Antiproton
For as little as $1/month, you can get early access to new chapters on Patreon. Some tiers get access 2+ months early for less than the cost of some decent coffee. . www.patreon.com/antiproton . You can also join the Discord server for free, though Patrons have greater acces...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES