All Comments on 'A Dragon's Tale Ch. 55'

by Antiproton

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
amartsamarts2 months ago

Please for the love of the muses do not have Ethan marry all three. It is a testament to your skill and dedication that you have managed to write this lovely story with the protagonist having 5 wives. I have only ever read 1 author who has that kind of skill.

And no I do not say that because of any moral , religious, or legal reasons (does our legal system even have a bearing on an imaginary other world?). It is simply because I am NOT Ethan. He may very well be able to keep 10 wives separate in his mind and soul. You may be able to write a story with 11 lead characters and give each of them a meaningful role. But for me it is simply a piece of fiction. And I will lose track/

amartsamarts2 months ago

I am fine though for Ethan to ditch Selene if you want to write that. Even Sarah can run out of plot armour.

AntiprotonAntiproton2 months agoAuthor

@amarts Don't worry, Ethan will have exactly 7 wives total; no more, no less. :)

CarchariasCarcharias2 months ago

So Ethan needs a wife that is a telepath and has a legal background on his team in order to succeed in the grand plan, and since Selene is adamant that she isn’t it and she’s going back to earth, Illuminar is providing alternates to choose from?

Southpaw1430Southpaw14302 months ago

Good chapter. Thanks.

vardicdvardicd2 months ago

Apparently Illuminar stacked the deck against Ethan, as all the women born on Setas sixth were born telepathic, and to parents in legal fields.

Irenae21Irenae212 months ago

As far as sense of humor goes, Illuminar takes the cup. What an elaborate plan to deliver a simple message

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Yay, we got some answers to questions from the last chapter.

Still wonderfully complicated. Who will be wives six and seven? There are now seven candidates. Illuminar definitely provided, but none of them have Selene's earth knowledge or the close friendship with Kendra. Are Fiona and Connor actually safe now? Looks like marriage with another noble is on the cards, so probably. Does Sarah actually need rescuing (yet)? Sarah is fine, Teloni said so. Is there a disadvantage twist coming with small portal access to Earth? Still waiting for answers to that. Was the stupid dragon one of Lady Ekthros' experiments? Is the Earth trip a penance for Selene's lie? We just have to wait a month to maybe getting some answers and probably more questions.

It is a treat to get a story of this caliber for almost free on a site like this. The cost is time. It takes a month for the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Brilliant as usual, but the last few lines - sensational!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Excellent as usual. Can’t wait for the next. But really wanting Delmar to start getting a clue about Ekthros..

skippersdadskippersdad2 months ago

Another great Chapter, I believe that Ethan is going to have 12 not just 7 Wives.

RamazaRamaza2 months ago

Fun chapter, looks like Illuminar is blessing Ethan with multiple choices to replace Rachel as a psychic law enforcer.

Looking forward to the next chapter, thanks for sharing.

RamazaRamaza2 months ago

Sry, I meant replacement for Selene, not Rachel.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I am more interested in what Illuminar will do with the "spares" once Selene returns and marries Ethan,

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I thought they were going to work out the earth calendar and this kingdoms calendar started at different points, and her birthday in the kingdom’s calendar was 6th of the 6th.

Also really not sure how I feel about the ending. It seems cruel to reject these new women, who all seem very sweet, and I actually like better than Selene.

If it wasn’t for Kendra I wouldn’t mind Selene being replaced by one of these new girls, particularly the slave girl.

I hope you give these new girls very nice happy endings of their own, even though it seems they won’t be joining the group.

OhiobenzOhiobenz2 months ago

Now I have to wait another month 😞

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Typo's what typo's? Very much enjoying the journey here.

Thank you.

Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Okay, this chapter was rather funny. Although, no matter how gorgeous and useful these other women are, I'd very much like Selene to be the sixth wife. She has a great rapport with Ethan and they share their American background (I said American and not "earth background" because things they share are undoubtedly North American, as pop culture and traditions in different parts on earth are quite different). I am hoping all these will end up being just a huge finger pointing Ethan to the fact that Selene is the woman he is destined to marry and her actual birthday is Setas sixth.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Awesome as usual.

Also, as frustrating as it is, I love how all your chapters end.

Irenae21Irenae212 months ago

Illuminar is telling the gang that if she is telepathic, gorgeous and a law woman, she is born Sestas six. Simple

inkcredibleincinkcredibleinc2 months ago

who says ethan can't have more than 7 wives? anyway, still like selene for ethan.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

There is a good adventure story going on please tone down all that religion stuff it is annoying and unwelcome in a sexually explicit story

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Loving it. I hope that Serif gets a wife!!! And I hope that Amy gets some side wives too. I'd love to see them all work together against the other forces. Have more than just Ethan and wives against the dark forces. Strange bedfellows characters among others who work together

CortavarCortavar2 months ago

Wow, looks like Illuminar has minored in Astrology on his deity graduation!

Seriously, though, if one in 800 people is a gorgeous lawyer woman with telepathic powers, how come they're thought as rare? Why hasn't anybody noticed? Why aren't people fucking like rabbits on September 6th in hope of conceiving the next "Dr X meets Ally McBeal"?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Wonderful chapter, and what typos. Also love what's going on with Fiona and Conner. So curious how that will turn out. As for Selene, love the fact she just keeps pushing back at Illuminar. She is just like, "I don't give a crap what you say god." And they are just, "..and I took that personally."

vitochivitochi2 months ago

@anonymous “all that religious stuff” is essential to THIS story. Also, this story isn’t very sexually explicit. Perhaps this isn’t the right story for you.

@Aniproton thank very much for continuing you most excellent tale. Many of us appreciate ALL of the elements you’ve included.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

So Illuminar made backups in case Ethan didn't want an Earth Girl for wife number six? Or are they just meant to be a "look how great Selene is compared to these other choices!" Or maybe all these lawyers are meant to help Ethan change the laws around the world (what with different nations/cultures having different legal systems/customs/traditions etc)

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I thought the calendars were different and june 6 doesnt even correspond to setas 6?

Hardrider56Hardrider562 months ago

As I am a writer without an editor all I can say is this is a great story and am looking foward to the next chapter. Some how I can see a link between Selene, Myla, Victoria and the new lady. Mmmmmmmm

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Selene-“you won’t ‘force’ me not matter what”

Illuminar shrugs “okay”

WyrmsbaneWyrmsbane2 months ago

I have been reading the fantasy genre for over 40 years and this story has so far had me unsble to put it down. Antiproton, you are a masterful weaver of this tale. I cant wait for the next chapter and BEG of you to not abandon it or forcibly expedite the ending. I would love to own a copy either in book or ebook form when it is finished. EXCELLENT JOB!!!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Loving the story as usual, though I have to admit Selene's true birthday being revealed so easily seems anticlimactic. I assumed that the group would discover through the calender difference with Earth, that her birthday equated to 6/6, during her mission.

I'm liking the alternatives to Selene. My guess is that they are there to tickle Selene's jealousy. She doesn't seem the type that would take well to being easily replaceable.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 months ago

Dang! You have me restless for more every time!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Something seems a little suspicious. I'm sure our dragon will figure it out. Speaking of "dragon", though, seems the tags didn't populate correctly. 55 is missing from all the usual lists.

gmoffoxgmoffox21 days ago

When one door closes, God (or Illuminor) opens 4 more....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAntiproton@Antiproton
For as little as $1/month, you can get early access to new chapters on Patreon. Some tiers get access 2+ months early for less than the cost of some decent coffee. . www.patreon.com/antiproton . You can also join the Discord server for free, though Patrons have greater acces...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES