All Comments on 'A Dutch Fairytale'

by JoshFrom53

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
ThorMcBalboThorMcBalboover 2 years ago

pissaladière is an Italian recepie from 1300 not french, the real name is Pissalandrea or pizza all'Andrea in honor of the admiral Andrea Doria and it's not even a pizza but a focaccia

Lector77Lector77over 2 years ago

Very nicely done.

Thank you.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years ago

Hi, Josh, I enjoyed the story and appreciate the callout and for allowing me to help. To readers, the story is all Josh’s, with imperfect tweaks from me trying to correct minor grammar issues and make the English sound as natural as possible while changing as little as I could. I noted a few things that slipped by in the process, so I’m sending a message with that. In the end, great job!

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 2 years ago

A good story and likable characters. 4* I do have a couple of nits to pick (as always). No person who has any appreciation of wine will serve Cabernet Sauvignon chilled. It's always at room temperature. Same for almost all red wines. Whites are usually chilled. Rose's are often chilled as are the sweeter wines like Riesling. I imagine that there are rebels who will chill a red, but Karel seemed too sophisticated to do that. There were a few grammar and spelling errors, which mainly indicated that the author didn't have the patience to go through his tale and proofread it.

IamboredtooIamboredtooover 2 years ago

Goed verhaal, dicht bij huis ook :-) Voorzetsels in een andere dan je moedertaal blijven lastig, dat merk ik zelf ook.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, but must agree with Overcritical about the wine. ‘Most’ red wines should be drunk at room temperature, though of course room temp. in Europe years ago would be somewhat colder than these days. There are reds designed to be drunk ‘chilled’, for example those from the Loire valley. I can personally recommend my favourite, St Nicolas de Bourgeil. A red Sancerre might match it, but more expensive.

Regards from S W France.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Think you blew it with the wizened old man and lady on the plane. However, i think you did a reasonable job on the language, i certainly couldn't do as good a job in my second language. The other point which always grates is the use of a word such as boulangerie followed by a translation. Why bother? If the reader knows the word he feels patronised if he doesnt he has just had to read an unnecessary distraction. Anyway, met dank.

alexetlaurealexetlaureover 2 years ago

Heel mooi verhaal, met een mooi lovestory 5 sterren

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I've said several times in these comments that there's a common border between Loving Wives and Romance, and this fine story is a perfect example. Very well done, a solid 4 for this writer who hits 5's every time out in LW and sure produced a keeper here in Romance. Now, on to "Astray?"

QuickMagazine

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So poorly written with the father of mine, daughter of mine bullshit, that I had to stop reading

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Are there any readers at this site that just read for enjoyment and then thank a great entertainer?

Thanks and a 5 from a man who will, though rarely enjoy a cold red that has a touch of sweetness. Three River white auslese. Hmmmm! Let finish with the evening with relaxing with a Grad Marnier or a Drambuie :)

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great romance. Fabulous fairytale. Wonderful emotions. Five splendid supernovas at the very least.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Consider shelfing the story for a month or two, work on something else, busy your mind to the point of forgetting then coming back and reading eat (wink wink, nudge nudge) again.

You'll find some gems like every nook and granny :))

Otherwise it's a good enough story. 4 stars

XluckyleeXluckylee6 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee for a wonderful love story

WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

Liked it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Compelling. Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJoshFrom53@JoshFrom53
Hello everyone I'm retired so I have enough time on my hands. I write to entertain. To entertain my readers and myself and do so with the help of two patient editors. I walk, I write and not necessarily in that order. My stories are written as they come to me. Therefore m...

SIMILAR Stories