A Father's Justice Pt. 02

Story Info
Ryan starts to put his life back together.
8.9k words
4.63
148.2k
235

Part 2 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/06/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A Father's Justice, Pt. 02

Many thanks to those who offered comments and constructive criticism on my previous stories. For those who want to say this or that would never happen, remember this is my universe, a place where nearly anything can, and often does, happen. At least on paper...

To understand the full context of what is taking place here, I suggest you first read, "A Father's Justice, Pt. 01." There is no sex in this story...

Please refer to my profile for more on my personal policy regarding comments, feedback, follows, etc. (Yes, I moderate comments) And please remember, this is a work of fiction, not a docu-drama...

...

End of "A Father's Justice, Pt. 01":

"So, this is the piece of dog shit you and Sarah left me for," he said, kicking Jake one more time in the groin. "I hope he was worth it. By the way, you may want to call for an ambulance. I think he slipped on something."

"A part of me wants to let him lay there and die," she said. "But that would be wrong, wouldn't it?" Ryan shrugged his shoulders. "I'll call, but that'll be the last thing I ever do for him. Maybe I'll tell them he slipped on a banana peel." Ryan smiled.

"You might as well take his Jag over to the hospital," Ryan said. "Somehow, I don't think he's gonna be in any shape to drive for a while." Ryan turned and walked away, taking his hat as he passed Bob.

"What now?" Bob asked as they walked to his car.

"There's a Holiday Inn Express a couple blocks down the road," Ryan said. "Take me there, if you would, please."

...

Part 02:

Several hours later, Ryan grabbed his hat and prepared to leave to grab some dinner when there was a knock on the door. He expected a visit from the local police, but when he looked through the peephole he saw Lisa with a younger man, dressed in a white shirt, vest and tie. He wondered what she wanted and opened the door.

"Good, you're here," Lisa said. "Can we come in for a bit, please?" Ryan looked and saw no one else, and noticed the cart between them.

"I was just gonna go grab a bite to eat, but yeah, come on in," he said, opening the door and standing back.

"You can put that on the table over there," Lisa told the man with her.

"Yes, ma'am," he said, wheeling the cart to the table. As Ryan watched, the man took two covered dishes out of the box on the cart and set them on the table. He put a bucket of ice on the table and opened a bottle of wine, pouring it into two flutes, which he set next to the covered dishes. When he finished setting the table, he uncovered the dishes.

"Cornish game hens," Lisa said. "It's one of my favorites. Served with steamed carrots, onions, mushrooms and rice pilaf. And a nice Cabernet Sauvignon." She turned to the man with her. "Thank you, Raul, that will be all. I'll bring the dishes back with me."

"As you wish, ma'am," the man said quietly. "Enjoy your dinner, sir," he told Ryan.

"Thank you, Raul," Ryan said. The young man turned and left the room, pushing the cart before him. Ryan looked at Lisa.

"You didn't have to do this," he told her.

"I didn't," she said. "This was supposed to be Jake's dinner tonight, but he's in the hospital and I don't think he'll be in any shape to eat at home for a while. The staff worked on this for several hours, and I couldn't just throw it out. Besides, Bob tells me all you eat are TV dinners and raw hot dogs, so I thought you might enjoy a real meal for once."

"This was supposed to be Jake's dinner?" Ryan asked. Lisa nodded her head.

"Yes," she said.

"Well, then," he said. "In that case, let's dig in. I'd be more than happy to eat his dinner. How is Jake, by the way?"

"He's been better," she said, sitting down. "He's got several broken and cracked ribs. His throat is damaged and the doctor said he'll probably end up losing one of his testicles. On top of that, there's a chance he'll be paralyzed from the waist down for life. Whatever it was you threw him against did a lot of damage to his spine."

"Well, you'll pardon me if I don't wish him a speedy recovery," Ryan said, taking a bite of the bird on his plate. "This is delicious, by the way. My regards to your chef." Lisa smiled.

"Thank you," she said, taking a bite of her food. She considered him for a while before speaking. "What happened to you, Ryan?" she asked.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"You've changed," she said.

"Yeah, well, that's what happens when the people you loved more than life itself screw you in the ass with no Vaseline," he said, taking a sip of wine.

"I'm really very sorry about that," she said. "So, what did you do after we split? I know Sarah tried to get in touch with you, but she was never able to. What happened?"

"I sold the place and got a small apartment," Ryan said. "I spent a few months crying in my beer, basically feeling sorry for myself. When I saw the article about your marriage to Jake, I went to a bar to get drunk. Ran into an old Army buddy and he recruited me for a job. Spent the next nine years working as a 'private security consultant.'"

"A what?" Lisa asked.

"A mercenary," he said. "A gun for hire. Made pretty damn good money doing that, by the way. Also gave me a chance to work off some of the anger I felt toward the three of you."

"You really must've hated us," she said.

"You have no idea," he said. "Every time I pulled the trigger, I saw you or Sarah or Jake."

"Oh my God," she said. "Ryan, I'm so sorry. I had no idea it would've hurt you like that. I thought you'd just find another woman and move on." Ryan shook his head.

"Nope," he said. "Don't get me wrong. I met lots of women. Even had sex with a bunch of them. But I'm done with relationships. Once bitten, twice shy, I guess."

"What about now?" she asked. "Is there someone in your life now? A girlfriend or something?" Ryan shook his head.

"No," he said. "Tried that once. It didn't take. Like I told Bob, if I get that hard up, I go into town and rent someone for a couple hours."

"You must be so lonely," she said.

"I'm alone, but I'm not lonely," he said.

"Do you still hate us?" Lisa asked.

"No," he said. "Not as much, anyway. I've forgiven Sarah, in case you're wondering."

"What about me?" she asked.

"Well, after today, I feel like I can be in the same room as you without feeling the urge to strangle your pretty little neck," he said.

"Thank you for that, I guess," she said. "You forgave Sarah, why not me?"

"I read her letters," he said. "Bob brought them out to me. I realized after reading them that she was manipulated. After all, she was young, inexperienced and impressionable. You and Jake took advantage of that. He dangled promises of expensive cars, an expensive education and trips to fancy places, and there was no way I could compete with that. She grew up, though, and realized what she had done was wrong. She tried to tell me back then, but I never got her letters. I'm sure if I knew how to use email back then, she would have reached out that way as well. Hell, I didn't even know how to use a computer, let alone use email. I didn't even know how to use a cell phone. I still don't have one, by the way." He took a sip of wine before continuing.

"You, on the other hand, had no such excuse," Ryan said. "It's not like you were drugged, or raped, or blackmailed. He seduced you and you went along with it. Then you helped him turn Sarah against me. That's not something I can just forgive or forget. You destroyed me. Deliberately. Believe me, it would have been better if you had just blown my head off."

"I never thought of it like that," she said. "I really am so very sorry."

"Anyway, I worked for an oil sheikh in the Middle East on my last job," Ryan said. "He was under pressure to sell out and had come under attack. I was hired to help train his security forces. Guess who it was going after him?"

"Jake?" she asked.

"Bingo," Ryan said. "You know, you'd be amazed at who hires mercenaries these days. Turns out Jake hired a bunch to seize the sheikh's oil fields. Kinda like a carrot-and-stick approach. If negotiations don't work, use force. Turns out Jake learned I was working for him, so he embedded some assassins to take me out. I guess he figured he'd kill two birds with one stone."

"That's how you lost your eye?" she asked. Ryan nodded his head.

"Yup," he said. "They came close, but missed. The sheikh knew but never let on to Jake or his representatives that I was still alive."

"How do you know all this?" Lisa asked.

"He gave me a dossier with all kinds of very interesting information," Ryan said. "He also gave me a bit of fatherly advise. Something along the lines of getting rid of my hate before it kills me. He was right, of course. He paid for my medical expenses, gave me a very large bonus and suggested I find someplace nice and quiet. So I bought a place in west Texas and started my own little operation."

"Operation?" Lisa asked.

"Yeah," he said. "I've spent the last three years and about three million dollars keeping Jake under constant surveillance. Even recruited a few moles within Knight Petroleum. You'd be amazed at what I've found out."

"That's the dossier you spoke about earlier, right?" she asked.

"Yes, it is. Tell me something," Ryan said. "All that stuff Jake said in the alley. Is that true? Did you really do all that to me?" Her face turned red and she looked down for a moment before answering.

"Yes, I'm sorry to say, but it is," she said quietly. "I can't begin to tell you how ashamed I am of what I did to you. You didn't deserve any of it."

"Suppose the shoe was on the other foot," Ryan said. "What if it was me who cheated on you? How would you have reacted?"

"I'd be furious, of course," she said. "I know, it sounds hypocritical."

"That's because it is," he said. "Now what if I told you I have ironclad proof Jake actually did cheat on you? That, in fact, he's been cheating on you for at least three years? How would feel about that? You were there in the alley. You heard what he said."

"I'd like to see that proof," she said. Jake grabbed his duffel bag, pulled out a notebook binder and handed it to her.

"There you go," he said. "Written reports, DVDs with photos and videos, even certified copies of his children's birth certificates and DNA test results proving he's the sperm donor. I've been told there's more than enough proof for a judge to grant you a divorce on the grounds of infidelity." She flipped through the pages in the binder, shocked at what she read. Finally, she closed the binder and wiped a tear from her eye.

"Hurts like hell, doesn't it?" he asked.

"Yes," she said quietly. "I've suspected for a little while, but I had no proof. I'll bet this made you happy, didn't it?"

"I gotta admit, when I first learned about it, I was somewhat exuberant," Ryan said. "The cheater getting cheated on by the guy she originally cheated with? Talk about poetic justice. Then I remembered how I first felt."

"At least I told you," she said.

"Six months after the fact," Ryan answered. "Speaking of which, how did it happen? How did he manage to turn the two of you against me?"

"You want a play-by-play?" she asked.

"No, the Cliff Notes version will do just fine," he said.

"It started after I got hired as his PA," she said. "At first, he was professional, friendly, polite. Then he turned on the charm. You know I traveled with him all over the world on business trips. We stayed at the best hotels, ate at the finest restaurants. I met a lot of what you would call 'mucky-mucks' -- celebrities, members of Congress, business tycoons, heads of state. I even met the president once.

"Jake started making little statements here and there, telling me this could be my life if I chose. He constantly put you down, saying you were just a washed-up grease monkey who would never amount to anything and would never be able to give Sarah and I the life we deserved.

"After a while, I started seeing you the way he did. I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but I lost all respect for you. On one hand, I knew you were working hard for Sarah and I and I knew you had your dream. But on the other, I knew Jake was right. The sex just came naturally, I guess." She looked at the floor, her face red with shame.

"I'm so sorry, Ryan," she said. "I realize now that I was just being a selfish bitch. Right now, all I can do is hope that one day you can forgive me."

"I'm not your father confessor," he said. "When did the abuse start?"

"About four or five years ago," she said. "I accused him of having an affair. I didn't have any proof, just a rumor I had heard at the office. We had a huge fight and he slapped me, hard. I told him if he ever hit me again, I'd divorce him. It didn't happen again for quite some time. He didn't hit me, but he roughed me up pretty bad. It happens now about once every couple weeks."

"Why didn't you call the cops?" Ryan asked. "You could've had him thrown in jail."

"I was afraid," she said. "I've seen what he does to people and I didn't want to end up dead."

"Dead?" he asked. She nodded her head.

"He's the one who told me that you were dead," she said. "The way he said it frightened me. He never gave any specifics, but somehow, I knew he was involved."

"I see," Ryan said. "By the way, There's one other thing I think you should see." He pulled an envelope out of his duffel bag and showed her the letter inside. It was one that Sarah had sent him years earlier. He pointed to a paragraph he had highlighted.

"I hate it here," Sarah wrote. "I hate Jake and I hate Mom. He's creepy, Dad. You have no idea. He stares at me all the time and he makes crude comments about my body. I swear if he touches me, I'll kick him in the nuts the way you taught me. I wish you were here so you could kick his ass. I tried telling Mom, but she never listens. She's too wrapped up in his money and his dick to give a damn." Lisa handed the letter back, a tear falling down her cheek.

"Oh, God," she said. "My own daughter hates me."

"I don't think she feels that way anymore," Ryan said. "Judging from the postmark, this was written about a week or so after she turned 18. Still, it provides some insight into your home life at the time. Did you ever notice anything between them?" Lisa shook her head.

"I don't really remember," she said. "But she was right. I was pretty wrapped up in his money. And, his dick. I do remember her saying something to me about it back then, but I just chalked it up to teenage rebellion and blew it off. I guess I should've listened to her."

"So basically, you looked and thought the grass was greener on the other side of the fence, and learned it was full of chiggers, ticks and snakes," Ryan said.

"Yeah, pretty much," Lisa said.

"So, what are you gonna do?" he asked.

"I'm not looking forward to another divorce, but I can't go on like this," she said.

"Well, whatever you do, you'd better do it fast," Ryan told her. "Once the feds get what I sent them, the shit's gonna hit the fan."

"What kind of stuff are we talking about?" she asked.

"Most of it's financial stuff -- way over my head. There's also bribes to foreign officials and some other things, like attempted murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Against me, by the way. My attorney tells me Jake could end up in prison for a long time and Knight Petroleum could end up on the ash heap with Enron. Once they get started, they could easily freeze all of your assets," Ryan said. "So if I were you, I'd strike while the iron's hot. Get what you can before the feds close in."

"You're probably right," she said. "I'll call my attorney first thing in the morning."

"I think that would be wise," Ryan said.

"Why are you doing this?" she asked. "Helping me, that is. After what I've done to you?"

"That's easy," Ryan said. "Sarah's gonna need all the help and support she can get, and she's got a young 'un that needs his grandma."

"Do you think that maybe once this is all over, that we could, you know," Lisa began before Ryan cut her off.

"What? Get back together? Start over where we left off like nothing ever happened?" he asked. He shook his head. "I don't see that happening. Been there once already. Like I said, I'm damaged goods. You said it yourself. I've changed. A lot. I'm not the man you knew 12 years ago. Besides, you're cornish game hens, champagne and caviar while I'm TV dinners, sweet tea and raw hot dogs."

"I understand," she said quietly. "Think maybe we could at least be friends? Maybe even with benefits?"

"I've learned never to say never," he said. "I don't know. Maybe, one day. Who knows what tomorrow might bring?"

"Can I at least come visit you in Texas?" she asked.

"Well, I don't live in a mansion like you do, and I sure as hell don't have servants waiting on me hand and foot, but I reckon you can, that is, if you don't mind sleeping on the couch or the floor," he said.

"The couch or the floor?" she asked.

"Yeah," Ryan said. "I've only got one little twin bed and that's where I sleep. If Bob's there, he gets the couch. That only leaves the floor. But it is a fairly good size place, so there's lots of floor." She chuckled at that.

"I remember a time when we could make good use of a twin bed. Or a couch. Or a floor. But, at least it's a start," she said. "Speaking of tomorrow, when are you going back to the hospital?"

"I'm scheduled to see Dr. Fritz just before noon," he said. "Bob's coming by to pick me up about 10:00."

"Alright," she said. "I'll see you at the hospital."

"Okay," he said. "And, thank you for the meal. It was the best I've had in years." She smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "Why don't you let me help you carry this down to your car?"

"That would be nice," she said. "Thanks." They gathered the used dishes, made sure the wine was closed back up and carried everything down to her car. After it was loaded up and secured, Lisa looked at Ryan one last time.

"I'm so sorry I fucked everything up," she said. "I hope that one day you can set your hatred of me aside and learn to forgive me."

"One day at a time," Ryan said. "That meal was a nice start. Thank you again."

"Any time," she said, giving him a hug. She was surprised that he hugged her back the way he always used to. She got in her car, a tear falling down her cheek. How could I have been so stupid and selfish, she thought to herself. He waved and watched as she drove off, smoked a cigarette, then went back to his room.

...

The next morning, Bob picked him up right at 10:00 and they headed for the hospital.

"I heard you and Lisa had dinner last night," Bob said.

"Yeah," Ryan said. "She brought over a cornish game hen."

"The good stuff, huh?" Bob asked. "Say what you want about Jake, but his staff sure does know how to cook. You two have a chance to talk much?"

"Yeah, we did," Ryan said. "I think we managed to get off to a good start. For Sarah and little Ryan's sake, that is," he added as Bob smiled.

"Of course," Bob said. They got to the hospital and went to see Dr. Fritz.

"Mr. Caldwell," the doctor said as they walked in. "Please, come into my office." They went into his small office and the doctor closed the door.

"What's the word, doc?" Ryan asked.

"Good news, Mr. Caldwell," Dr. Fritz said. "You're a perfect match."

"Excellent," Ryan said. "So when do we get started?"

"I've got a surgical suite reserved for 1:00 this afternoon," the doctor said. "We'll take both you and Sarah in at the same time, put you both under then we'll get it done." The doctor went on to explain the procedure, which sounded quite painful to Ryan. "Don't worry," Dr. Fritz said. "You'll be under the whole time. We'll keep you overnight just to manage the pain. You'll be pretty sore for a little while, but it'll wear off."